Fresh start diary

ooh what wrap is a HE?

fajitas with a wrap sounds good to me!x

Morning diary!

Finished nights and I feel really grotty as a result! Like a massive hangover but without the fun drunk part lol.
Having gone 3 days with no syns and not really noticing I'm looking forward to a bit of chocolate tonight- will get something nice from the food shop.

EE day

3am - pasta n sauce

7pm- chicken fajitas (will use the new HEx B wrap if I find them, if not will have wedges) with salad and cheese (A)

Syns
Pontefract cakes 10 syns

Hey!

Only just got up- post- night recovery! There's been a change of plan and we're not going out anymore so I've saved all those syns for nothing. A quick scale hop is showing a 1lb gain as well! No idea what's going on with that will be mega annoyed if I have a gain on monday having been so good all week.
EE day

Brunch
Sausage & bacon roll (HEX B & 1 syn)

Tea
Pizza topped chicken, chips & salad (HEX A)

Syns
30 on vodka
10 on sweets
Total of 40 for the week so far

Last edited:
Gooood morning!

Have decided not to hop on the scales today and wait and see what the official scales of doom say tomorrow night. I know in my mind that I've been 100%, am nowhere near my syn limit for the week and have drank lots of water and eaten good food so if there's no loss I will take it on the chin and carry on. Having said that I will be fuming on the inside!
EE today

Brunch
Weetabix & koko choc milk (A&B)

Tea
Brisket in ale gravy, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, carrot & swede mash, parsnips & broccoli (0.5syns)

Evening diary,

Well I am absolutely fuming. 0.5lb ON! I've been so bloody good this week and I put weight on?! In week 2?! This is meant to be where the weight drops off and I do well, not where I gain in my second week. I feel devastated. I know that sounds ridiculous over half a pound but it feels so unjustified. If I'd cheated or bent the rules or gone over my syns I'd understand but I haven't, I've been a SW angel. I could cry.
Am sitting here at group preparing to have 'the chat' with my consultant and I know I'm going to sound like such a cliche saying that I've followed the rules but on this occasion I'm being genuinely honest!
I'm not going to go into sabotage mode but I am seriously peed off. And to make matters worse I've got a difficult week ahead- out anniversary meal out on Thursday then a few drinks on Saturday night. :-(

Anyway....today's EE

Breakfast
Fruit salad

Lunch
Chicken, cheese & salad wrap (A&B)

Tea
Chicken curry & rice (tomatoes, onions & peppers for superfree)

Have actually got 25 syns left for the week so I might have some chocolate, I just don't want to spiral out of control.

Last edited:
Morning diary,

So I'm feeling a bit calmer this morning lol. Have planned my week, trying to account for my 2 problem days (meal out on Thurs and drinks with friends on Sat). Here goes....
EE day

Breakfast
Scan bran pizza (A&B)

Lunch
Tomato & chilli soup

Tea
Chilli con carne & rice

Syns
Hoops & crosses 4.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi there Amy,
I saw your post on a different thread and decided to pop along and see your diary.
How many syns do you allow yourself each week (out of curiosity?) The vodka and sweets day you said you used 40 syns. Were these guesstimations or are you quite good at counting your voddies? (I have to guesstimate after about 3 doubles!) 30 syns would be 6x50ml.
Also- you said 40 syns this week so far, but the day before you had 10 syns on pontefract cakes. Are there any other sneaky syns that could have been forgotten?

Lastly- are you sure your chocolate milk counts as HEx A?

These are all genuine questions and pointers btw. I'm only on my second week myself and still getting there. I just know that when I write everything down at the end of the day sometimes I've forgotten the odd splash of milk in my tea or something. I can't even imagine how I would cope on nights!

I do reckon the fact that you had to do and get used to nights could have had a massive impact on your whole bodyclock so 0.5lb gain could have been worse. Also- you still have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks which is absolutely incredible!!!

Keep going Amy!!! You can do it!- you are doing it!

Hi there Amy,
I saw your post on a different thread and decided to pop along and see your diary.
How many syns do you allow yourself each week (out of curiosity?) The vodka and sweets day you said you used 40 syns. Were these guesstimations or are you quite good at counting your voddies? (I have to guesstimate after about 3 doubles!) 30 syns would be 6x50ml.
Also- you said 40 syns this week so far, but the day before you had 10 syns on pontefract cakes. Are there any other sneaky syns that could have been forgotten?

Lastly- are you sure your chocolate milk counts as HEx A?

These are all genuine questions and pointers btw. I'm only on my second week myself and still getting there. I just know that when I write everything down at the end of the day sometimes I've forgotten the odd splash of milk in my tea or something. I can't even imagine how I would cope on nights!

I do reckon the fact that you had to do and get used to nights could have had a massive impact on your whole bodyclock so 0.5lb gain could have been worse. Also- you still have lost 6lbs in 2 weeks which is absolutely incredible!!!

Keep going Amy!!! You can do it!- you are doing it!

Hi!
Thanks for your reply chick.
I (very sadly!) have a shot glass with a marker line where 25ml and 50ml is so I'm pretty accurate with the vodkas...we had 3 but I didn't finish the last one so I know they were fine.
In total for the week (again coz sadly I keep a daily syn total on my phone) I had 76.5 syns.
The chocolate milk is the koko soya milk - 200ml is a healthy a choice.
Thanks for the pointers, it is good to reflect on things. I'm putting it down as a bad week and moving on!
Xx

Hello diary!

Another late shift for me today- boo! I hate them so much, I barely see my OH when I'm doing them and from a SW point of view I end up eating the same tea every shift :-( never mind, last one for the week yay!

EE day

Breakfast
Bacon & cheese scan bran pizza (A&B)

Lunch
Pasta n sauce
Pomegranate

Tea
Chilli & rice

Snacks
Fruit salad of grapes, apple, orange & pineapple
Black currant cheesecake hifi light 3 syns
Hot chocolate 2 syns

5 syns for today

Last edited:
Hi diary!

Today is our anniversary so we're off out to Fazenda for a meal. It's basically a meat buffet! I've been a couple of times on SW before and it has been quite friendly and not affected my losses so fingers crossed. Because its mainly meat and salad I'm going to have my first red day since rejoining....here goes!

Red day

Breakfast
Weetabix and koko milk (A&B)

Lunch
Tomato & chilli soup

Tea
Meat, salad, veg. Will count 10 syns for any sneaky oil.

Post gym snack
1 Alpen light
1 hifi light

Hiiiiii

Happy weekend! So glad to be off work- it's been a looooong week.
Last night was really good but I'm counting the full 15 syns as I had 3 olives and 5 chips. Resisted the cheesy dough balls though, and cut all the fat/skin off the meat.
As a result of last night I've had no appetite got most of the day but am starting to feel hungry now.

EE day

Breakfast
Weetabix & koko milk (A&B)

Lunch
Mugshot & fruit salad

Tea
Trying the Malaysian red pepper curry & rice
EDIT- this was not good! The sauce was very sharp- not for us

Last edited:
Morning diary

Yay for the weekend! Just one more working week then I have a bit of time off, which is desperately needed. We're going to a friend's house tonight, they're engaged too and we're both each others bridesmaids so there will be loads of wedding talk! Will be having some wine as well- I've 'budgeted' for 2 bottles or 6 large glasses and I've got soda water to make it last longer. Fingers crossed!

EE today

Breakfast
Sausage & bacon roll (B)

Lunch
Fruit salad & mugshot

Tea
Chicken stuffed with feta, wrapped in bacon, actifry chips & salad

Syns
1 for sausages
48 for wine

49 for the day
73.5/105 for the week

Hey diary

So last night went quite well- I had less wine than I planned for (28 syns rather than 48) but did have some nibbles so am keeping the total at 48 to overestimate.
Don't feel hungover today either, think mixing soda water with the wine definitely helped!
Just cleaned the house from top to bottom so a bit of body magic there!

EE day

Brunch
Sausage & turkey (1 syn)

Tea
Bacon cheeseburger in a bun with actifry chips & salad

image-1388737904.jpg

Amazing tea!

Syns
A reindeer malteaser thingy for 8 syns so 9 in total for the day

Last edited:
Hello diary,

So weigh in tonight....not feeling confident after last week's unjustified gain. Am starting to think SW just isn't for me anymore and maybe I should switch to the dark side (WW lol) after my countdown finishes. This new week will be a real test to see if I can get a good loss, as I have nothing planned at the weekend and so will be doing daily syns rather than saving them. Will report back with weigh in result later

Green day today (accidental as I only just realised I was having no meat)

Breakfast
Fruit salad

Lunch
Tomato & chilli soup

Tea
Wrap pizza (HEX A & B) with loads of veggies on, and a few wedges

Snacks
Christmas pudding HIFI (HEX B)
Drifter (13 syns)

Noooo....don't go to the dark side....i came from there after spending silly amounts of money to be hungry all the time!
yes it's good that we can eat what we want as long as you're within your points....but it doesn't really encourage healthy eating the way SW does.
i mean, when you think of all the ww cakes and biscuits, they're saying you're still allowed as much of this junk as you want, just pick these ones rather than hmmmm...do you really want to have that when you could optimise something else to be yummy instead?
they're saying it's ok to use all your points on garbage as long as it's only so many but think of the good meals we have on this when we put our mind to it.

i think (and hope) you'll be pleasantly surprised at WI...i hope i am after 4 on last week but i guess we need to wait and see.

i loved WW in the beginning cos i stuck to my points and saved the weekly ones you get so that i could go out for dinner every week but in the end, as my weight reduced, so did my daily points and rather than go over when i was hungry and use some from the weekly amount you get, i'd just be hungry and would be excited that i had only used 1 point by 2pm meaning i could have a wee packet of crisps at night! not good! :(
i didn't really change the things i was eating...i just starved most of the day so i could have a wee something at night...on this i can do both and not feel guilty!

i know we're all different but going from eating some crappy wee micro meal (that was woo hoo..only 5 points never mind what was in them) and being hungry an hr later to eating stuff like that double burger thing you made the other night was great for me. not only was i not so hungry, but i'm able to eat the same meal as my OH now unlike before.

i know things work differently for us all and you'll get just as much support if you went to WW but try not to let last week get to you too much....i'd have happily taken your gain rather than mine ;) x

Noooo....don't go to the dark side....i came from there after spending silly amounts of money to be hungry all the time!
yes it's good that we can eat what we want as long as you're within your points....but it doesn't really encourage healthy eating the way SW does.
i mean, when you think of all the ww cakes and biscuits, they're saying you're still allowed as much of this junk as you want, just pick these ones rather than hmmmm...do you really want to have that when you could optimise something else to be yummy instead?
they're saying it's ok to use all your points on garbage as long as it's only so many but think of the good meals we have on this when we put our mind to it.

i think (and hope) you'll be pleasantly surprised at WI...i hope i am after 4 on last week but i guess we need to wait and see.

i loved WW in the beginning cos i stuck to my points and saved the weekly ones you get so that i could go out for dinner every week but in the end, as my weight reduced, so did my daily points and rather than go over when i was hungry and use some from the weekly amount you get, i'd just be hungry and would be excited that i had only used 1 point by 2pm meaning i could have a wee packet of crisps at night! not good! :(
i didn't really change the things i was eating...i just starved most of the day so i could have a wee something at night...on this i can do both and not feel guilty!

i know we're all different but going from eating some crappy wee micro meal (that was woo hoo..only 5 points never mind what was in them) and being hungry an hr later to eating stuff like that double burger thing you made the other night was great for me. not only was i not so hungry, but i'm able to eat the same meal as my OH now unlike before.

i know things work differently for us all and you'll get just as much support if you went to WW but try not to let last week get to you too much....i'd have happily taken your gain rather than mine ;) x

Lol thanks for your reply chick.
I love love love the food on SW, I really enjoy my food but I wonder if I need a kick start of something else to get this weight off a bit quicker. Lost 2lb tonight so am pleased with that but I'm chasing a big number to be honest. Just so I feel like I'm doing it right...if that makes any sense!
How did you get on? X

yeah, it makes sense. i think if we have a week off plan then we see the bigger numbers cos we've shocked our bodies - not an excuse for us to have a week off willy nilly lol

3 off for me tonight...back to the 2.5 stone mark but since i got it, it's been up and down round about the same weight...grrrr.
aww well...off we go again eh lol.

ww is really convenient...so much easier to pick up things and not put a lot of effort in but for me, it didn't come without starvation and that's cos i'm the kind of person where i'm either on it or i'm not so rather than go over my points to ease my hunger, i stuck to it rigidly and it the end, i was putting on 3, losing 1 and just wasting my money.
the days where i hadn't eaten much by 2pm were just crazy....when i'm working, i graze all day on sw and when i compare what i have by 2pm now it's mad. there are times where i worry that i've eaten too much but again, i guess it's down to the types of foods we're eating etc?

always hard work for us over weighters eh pmsl x

yeah, it makes sense. i think if we have a week off plan then we see the bigger numbers cos we've shocked our bodies - not an excuse for us to have a week off willy nilly lol

3 off for me tonight...back to the 2.5 stone mark but since i got it, it's been up and down round about the same weight...grrrr.
aww well...off we go again eh lol.

ww is really convenient...so much easier to pick up things and not put a lot of effort in but for me, it didn't come without starvation and that's cos i'm the kind of person where i'm either on it or i'm not so rather than go over my points to ease my hunger, i stuck to it rigidly and it the end, i was putting on 3, losing 1 and just wasting my money.
the days where i hadn't eaten much by 2pm were just crazy....when i'm working, i graze all day on sw and when i compare what i have by 2pm now it's mad. there are times where i worry that i've eaten too much but again, i guess it's down to the types of foods we're eating etc?

always hard work for us over weighters eh pmsl x

I know what you mean- if only dieting was easy!
Had a wrap pizza for tea and I am so full from it. Didn't think it would be massively filling so we made wedges but only had 2, felt like a proper post-weigh in treat.

image-3625469096.jpg

Back