Fresh start red & green days

Tuesday- Green day

1 hour cardio
2 boiled eggs & banana
Apple & tangerine
Noodles, veg, soy sauce & chilli flakes & yoghurt
Apple
Cheese salad butty (HEA & B) & quavers (5.5)
Jacket, beans & cottage cheese

HEA x 2 cheese & milk
HEB x 2 bread & hifi bar
Syns 5.5

Was so hungry today still feel a little hungry now... No doubt il raid the fridge b4 bed! Going to have a nice soak in the bath to keep me busy :)

Wednesday- Red Day

Banana
2 boiled eggs & apple
Ham & cheese (HEA) salad light mayo (1) & mullerlight
Chicken & tomato sandwich (HEB)

I went the gym b4 work, 30 min walk on my lunch break and I'm about to do today's squat challenge the scale best move tomoro NERVES :)

.... Don't think I ate enough during the day just ate a ham & tomato barm (HEB), grapes & mullerlight at 9pm...

Last edited:
Hi zafira

Thanks I feel like I'm rambling on boring everyone half the time ha the diary has helped me this wk we'll c later tho if its working work today then weigh day later, have a lovely day xx

New weight is 10.35 so happy 4lbs off :)

Thursday- Red day

Fruit salad & muller light
Ham & cheese HEA salad & mayo (1)
Grapes
SW queeshe & rice in meeting (5)
Ham barm HEB & Super Speed Soup
Squat challenge day 6

Obviously cudnt get thru the rest of the night without feeding my face again! Good job I saved syns from the week feel guilty now...

Small bowl of SW chilli mince, muller light, more soup, snack a jacks and 2 hi fi's since my tea earlier. That is terrible! Oh well fresh start tomoro new week :)

Week 2!

Friday EE

Banana & coffee
Toning workout & 30 min run
Fruit salad
Ham & egg barm HEB & Superspeed soup
Muller light, tangerine & 2 hi fi's (6)
Salmon fillet, jacket potato, salad & mayo (1)

HEA milk
HEB barm
Syns- 7/105

Was supposed to be on a red day today got too hungry by tea time it slowly changed into EE :) going to try behave for the rest of the night now and look forward to using my syns on a nice chippy tea tomoro :)

Hi great thread! Noticed you had syn value for quorn sausages? Are they not free?!! I've been counting them as free! Xx

Thanks Gill :) I know certain ones r free, I think I had the butchers ones from the fridge there 2 each but the other ones in the freezer section r free I think! How have u been doing on it? I'm struggling today can't stop thinking about chocolate ha this 2nd wk is always the hardest for me x

Friday

Day 1 love the day after weigh day new syns for the wk! More motivated after my meeting hope this is a good wk. I learnt that not all fruit is super free ++(bananas & grapes)++ maybe this is adding to we're I'm going wrong! Went for a Chinese in the night time syned everything to pull back on this wk...
Hi there Lola. Was just reading through your thread and have found the above. Bananas & grapes are superfree. Where I think you have gone wrong is when you look at the Superfree page with the fruit on some of the fruits have an S by them. S stands for Speed or SS superspeed foods. F is fibre & FF is more fibre.

Therefore grapes, banana, cape goodberries, pomegranates etc without an S are superfree but not speed foods. If you like bananas & grapes (as I do) fill your boots.

The same applies to the page dealing with veg.

On page 7 of your book it will tell you what the symbols mean. Hope this helps.

Keep going, you are doing well.

Ok thanks! Checked other threads too frozen and chilled are free! Panic over!

Ive been mostly good, been "bad" twice in nearly 6 weeks! Not bad! My kids are just eating some Oreos and they smell so good!! So hard to resist isn't it!! How are you getting on? Xx

Well done that's fab! Mmm I cud just eat an Oreo hehe :) I'm doing ok it's just night times I find it hard to not binge, now it's the wkend too all i can think of is chippy and koppaberg haaa xx

Aah thanks Doreen! I must of miss heard at the meeting there's always so much to take in, she was talking about on EE about the 1/3 of a plate of super free, so grapes and bananas count as the 1/3 and am I right in thinking beans don't count as this? I thought they did, then some1 said they don't. This may be why EE wasn't working for me I was getting the super free wrong ha! Thanks for ur msg, do u have any advice on night time binging ha I just can't seem to go to bed without eating :) xx

After tea earlier I had berries and LF natural yoghurt, nice and healthy.
Then went the pub and behaved myself stuck to diet coke... Then I got home and the binging started!
I ate a ham butty (5), snack a jacks (4.5), yoghurt and grapes! This is more food than I ate at lunch, quite shocking ha oops! An extra 7.5 syns :-(

17.5/70 syns

Last edited:
Good morning :)

Today I'd like to try pull back those points, think il do a green day and make a homemade curry later. The plan is fruit, SW quiche, quorn curry, rice & SW chips later rather than the takeaway.... Xxx

I miss chocolate! Ha but mostly i miss things like full fat yoghurts and wraps, my fave yoghurt I normally have in 27syns I was in shock ha only the asda full fat Greek 1 aswell it wasn't even chocolate! I thought I was being healthy eating these aswell ha obv not! Been the gym and had my fruit salad, fingers crossed the rain stays off today :) xxx

Aah thanks Doreen! I must of miss heard at the meeting there's always so much to take in, she was talking about on EE about the 1/3 of a plate of super free, so grapes and bananas count as the 1/3 and am I right in thinking beans don't count as this? I thought they did, then some1 said they don't. This may be why EE wasn't working for me I was getting the super free wrong ha! Thanks for ur msg, do u have any advice on night time binging ha I just can't seem to go to bed without eating :) xx

Yes they do count as your 3rd. Sometimes for dinner I may have burger chips and beans, (and beans are not superfree but are free) so I have some fruit afterwards not just 1 banana but probably an appleor grapes too. Apparently it should be very soon after, say 10mins to count as superfree and not a snack.

Mmm nightime binging. Can be a big problem. I was advised to always have superfree. Really depends on what satisfies you. If you can stick to superfree i.e. fruit or veg that would be best. :) Best thing if not superfree is free but not too much.

I often have pineapple in the house and sometimes get some ham and wrap it round the pineapple. I like that.

I do make jellies 1.1/2syns and put cheap strawberries in and have in the evening with yogurt. Usually Tesco Everyday Value natural 59p for 500ml & free. Sometimes put sweetner in a pot of the yogurt and eat that.

As it is winter I nearly always have homemade soup in the fridge. And may (if I have the syns) toast 2 wholemeal bread as crunchy as I can and have that with the soup for 5syns. That is filling.

Maybe I will eat a tin of cold baked beans. I always keep one in the fridge. If have syns will have a ham sarni with the beans - no butter of course. Sometimes just the beans.

If you really want chips then make some yourself. Not as nice as shop bought.

Just one more, I do occasionally have mash spuds and a tin of peas if I realy want something to eat.

I was going to say if I am hungry, but of course we are not binging cause we`re hungry but because we want to eat and the food is calling us.

Just try and keep the syns down. If I think of anything `sensible` I will let you know. Hope that has been a little helpful.

Oh! put an options choc drink into some fat free yogurt or quark, that is supposed to be nice for chocolate lovers. Not tried it myself.

Thanks that's a big help! I'm going to go buy the ingredients for the strawberry jellys and quark this afternoon, I haven't made the chips since I restarted the diet il have them later too.
Ha it's definately not hunger that takes me to the kitchen I'm glad it's not just me! :)
I'm on a green day today still trying to fill up on the superfree and less on carbs xx

Feel like I'm gaining weight every day I hope it's in my head I'm scared to weigh myself...

Saturday- Green

1 hour cardio
Fruit salad
Noodles, quorn, veg, soy sauce & chilli flakes
Hi FI (B) grapes
Quavers (4.5) & diet coke
Superspeed soup, barm (B), mugshot, mullerlight & rice thins (5)

Wasnt hungry enough to make a meal for tea then ended up snacking later, I'm eating more bread & crisps on this diet than b4 bcos I can I need to stop it feel bloated :-(

HEA milk
HEB Hi Fi's
Syns 9.5 = 27/70

Last edited:
Back