Fresh start red & green days

Arghh weighed myself this morning and gained 1 pound! So annoying iv stuck to the diet and trained hard, it definately must be the late night snacking.
Going to do a red day today the plan is: fruit, chicken salad, then a roast or omellette later depending on what the family r having. Wanted to lose a pound atleast at weigh in this wk won't weigh again till then... Xxx

Sometimes it is the eating late, it seems to hang around.

`Just a suggestion,` what about breaking you diary down to breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner then evening eating, a bit like I do. Can be seen easier what you are having and when an maybe from that someone may have ideas to help

You obviously have a family to see to whereas I am here on my own unless looking after grandkids and can play on this damn computer all day.

Anyway, see what you think.

PS it is so hard not to weigh at home. Cause I on my own I usually have my breakfast before dressing as usually up early, so it is too late then. Sometimes, usually day before weigh in, I get dressed first so I can have a look. :rolleyes:

Thanks Doreen il write it out separately later and c wot u think, iv done my red day today an been much fuller than yest :) but saying that it's not the daytimes that r an issue it's my awful night time habit haha :D xxx

Sunday- Red Day

Breakfast- fruit salad
Snack- ham & apple
Squat challenge
Lunch- SW quiche, salad & mayo (1)
Snack- grapes & chicken
Tea- tuna mayo (1.5) cheese (A), salad & jacket (2xB's)

Will probably have a hot choc later or something up to now 2.5 syns for today... Going to try do 5 red days an get those scales down for thurs night x

Syns= 29.5 / 70

Last edited:
Made it thru the night without binging and caught up with my syns from the past 2 days so feel like I'm back on track now, funny how those extra syns play on ur mind.
Going to have a red day tomoro iv prepared boiled eggs & fruit, chicken & cheese salad, then I'm not sure about tea maybe left over quiche or try something new :) goodnight x

Morning Lola I had 7.1/2 syns yesterday but after evening meal which I really enjoyed I started eating. All free stuff or already synned. My god I was so bloated it hurt. It still hurt some ths morning. Have to have breakfast cause of diabetes, but my tummy has still not recovered.

Cutting down today. Maybe have a red day. That seems to help weight loss as you said.

Aaw r u feeling better today? How did ur red day go? I feel much healthier on a red day too green days bloat me. Today so far...

Monday- Red day

1 hour cardio & abs
Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs & banana
Dinner- chicken & cheese (A) salad mayo (1) & muller light
Snack- apple, grapes & 1 sweet (1/2 syn)
Tea- SW quiche, chicken, salad & mayo (1) & hot chocolate (3)
Snack-hifis (B), mixed berries & LFnatural yoghurt
Squat challenge day 10

Syns- 35/70

Il use my HeB's later for a snack going to try not use any more syns today xxx

Last edited:
Trying my hardest not to go eat the fridge...

Planning a red day tomoro iv made boiled eggs & fruit for breakfast, spicy chicken salad for dinner and might make mince in gravy with veg for tea.
I need to maybe cut back on eating eggs before I get bored of them boiled eggs and quiche was a bit many today

Ended not having any red days, had made some lentil & carrot soup and lentils have to be counted on red!

Your diaries are looking good.

Thanks Doreen :) I love lentil soup think il make some on Saturday and do EE over the wkend for a bit of a change.

Tuesday- Red day

Breakfast- Banana & coffee
Toning workout
Boiled eggs & 2 apples
Dinner- Spicy chicken salad mayo (1) & mullerlight
Snack- Snack a jacks (4.5)
Tea- Mince, gravy (4), carrots, leek & cabbage. SF jelly, grapes & tangerine
Hot chocolate (3)

12.5 syns

HEA milk
HEB hi fi's

Had more syns today than I really should have so close to weigh day. Another red day tomoro! Iv planned boiled eggs & fruit, ham & cheese salad, and I'm not sure about tea I really need to try use up what I have rather than 'nipping to asda for a few bits' and end up with a massive shop load :) all my food keeps going stale and in the bin b4 I get to use it!

I tried a teeny bit of quark mixed with some of my hot choc powder it was nice maybe il have that tomoro if I get a craving it was lovely... Xxx

Last edited:
Wednesday- Red Day

Breakfast- 2 weetabix (B) milk (A) & banana
Snack- Apple
Dinner- Ham & Cheese (A) salad mayo (1)
Snack- Apple
Tea- Subway chicken salad southwest sauce (?)
Day 11 squat challenge

Went for a walk on my lunch today and yest makes the day pass quicker. Im feeling a bit peckish now but going to try be good got my meeting tomoro night :)

..... Ended up having a muller light & master rice thins. Oh well cud of been a lot worse x

Last edited:
Aarrghh tiny bit fuming! Just been to group and stayed the same I was expecting a loss this wk boo! Didnt stay till the end I'm tired today kind of wish I'd stayed now bit of motivation for the wk :-(

Thursday- Red day

Breakfast- fruit salad
Dinner- ham & feta (A) salad mayo (1)
SW meeting- 10.35 stayed the same as last wk.
Muller light & master rice thins
Mince gravy veg & potato (B)

HEA cheese
HEB potato
HEB hi fi's

Going to try be good the rest of the night feel like binging...

I had a red day today and really enjoyed it. I have been really looking over my earlier dairies and one of the things I noticed where the red days and the scan bran. I was losing better then. Don`t seem to want so much on a red day.

May have another red one tomorrow and make some BNS and carrot soup.

Sorry about your gain, I am sure I am going to get one in the morning. It is Mcmillan tea day tomorrow so may not stay till the end, there will be lots of cake around and I am due to one that a friend is doing at 11 too.

I`ll let you know how I get on.

Hi Doreen I agree red days keep me full too :) that soup sounds lovely! What do u have with ur scran bran? Iv bought some but I'm a bit unsure of them il try em at the wkend wiv soup was going to make a cake with them but didnt wanna have chocolate for the sake of it.
Well it's not a gain but I feel a maintain is just as bad :-(
I hope u have a lovely time u shud take a lil snack with u so u dont feel too left out :)
Xxx

Iv planned an extra easy day for tomorrow, iv made 2 boiled eggs, chicken veg & couscous, a ham sandwich and fruit so hopefully after work I won't want to eat much.
Im going to make sure I write the syns down this wk I lost track half way thru the wk... Also try exercise more iv gone lazy the last few days. I really want to be under 10 stone for my bday next month x

Friday - EE

Banana
Gym toning
2 boiled eggs & apple
Half pack chilli couscous (1.5) chicken, veg, soy sauce & a mullerlight
Ham butty (B) & fruit

Up to now.. 1.5 syns going to try have all free foods the rest of the night, if I decide to have an A choice il syn the milk from my coffees :)
Iv been literally starving all day. This is starting to feel like a diet... X

..... Update tonight I also had after work cold chicken, SW soup, curly wurly (6), muller light & 5 chocolate fingers (7.5). This is what happens when I don't have a proper tea snackkkk!
Now I'm making LF supernoodles to stop me eating even more must be nearly my * week I feel like eating my body weight in chocolate :-(

Total syns= 15

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning and the scales have stayed the same after last nites binge so that's good news! Planning to do EE today & tomoro, then red till thurs :) xx

Saturday EE

1 hour cardio
Fruit salad & mullerlight
Chicken salad, mayo (3) quavers (4.5)
Chinese- lets not discuss those syns ha oops!

Il have to be extra good all wk now an hopefully atleast maintain again next wk my tea was massive oh well it's Saturday I'd of ended up eating chocolate otherwise anyway :) need to get more strict or il never get to goal xxx

Hi Doreen I agree red days keep me full too :) that soup sounds lovely! What do u have with ur scran bran? Iv bought some but I'm a bit unsure of them il try em at the wkend wiv soup was going to make a cake with them but didnt wanna have chocolate for the sake of it.
Well it's not a gain but I feel a maintain is just as bad :-(
I hope u have a lovely time u shud take a lil snack with u so u dont feel too left out :)
Xxx

Scan bran, I forgot to buy them Friday. Will pop into monday evening class and get some. Not had them for a long time, but was losing quite good when I did.

I would usually have them for lunch. They are pretty dry, but if you buy them do check the sell by date.
I have banana squashed on them and often before I bite a piece drizzle some nat yog on the bit I am going to eat.

I have had ham and tomato and sometimes cheese, but I really prefer them with banana.

They are £1.20 per pack so if you want 5 per day it can get a bit expensive. There are 10 in a pack I mostly have 5 a day but not always, it depends how many I buy. I get paid Sat and my class is Thursday or Friday so am generally a bit short.
I have never made a cake or anything with them nor tasted it. Let me know what you do with yours.

As for the Mcmillan teas, see my diary !!!

Back