FRIDAY - POETS DAY "Lets do it hour by hour"

ladylite

Gold Member
Especial Good morning to BL - I started the thread early.;);)

As you can see I am still v stressed and cant sleep thats why I wasnt on yesterday, busy at work then exhausted when I get home.

We are having the main body AGM on Saturday so am worried as I know there is going to be ructions. But putting it into perspective after that there will be a new chairman and things will either change for the better or not. If not I will be disappearing from that association for good. It has been the biggest cover up you can imagine and I am so disappointed that an association like that can get away with it, but there you go. After Saturday afternoon life moves on. Just got to hang in there til the. (sorry to those peeps who dont know what I am on about)

Well I havnt read all the threads lately but am gonna catch up now. Hope you have all been doing well, and I must say missed only 1 day and I feel like I have been in another land, I did miss you all.:wave_cry:

Have a great day everyone, and yes some may remember I DONT WORK FRIDAYS - YiPPPP HEEEEEE.

Ps hubbies birthday today:) bought him a lovely card with real slushey words. Treating him to an Indian Head Massage for a pressie (plus other things:D:eek:), something I would recommend to all you peeps as a treat - the head massage I mean.

BL hope you back is better today and you are not so blue:)

Morning gorgeous! Been missing you!!! :)

Back is a bit titchy - will see how it goes today. Feeling better though, thanks luv.

AN you - gosh I bet you can't WAIT till all the AGM stuff is behind you! I say sod 'em, get your new pony out and go have FUN FUN FUN!!! lol I know its not that simple but I really look forward for you not ot have to del with all the BS any more!! That day will come!!

Have a great day everyone and happy Friday to you all.
x

Good morning all - Lady, you've put up with loads these last few weeks, just hang on in there this last 30 hours and the worst will be behind you, see what happens at t he meeting and make your choices from there, don't worry about it before hand.

BL - hope the back improves today, last thing you want/need is to be in awful pain (((hugs)))

Well I'm raring to get to work this morning but only cos I'm raring to get home again :D Am so so happy it's the weekend - definitely need it this week.

See you all later and heres wishing everyone a happy, positive, sticking to diet Friday xx

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow Lady - you don't deserve to have to deal with a heap of BS - let someone else deal with it after tomorrow, and enjoy your pony instead.

BL - feel better soon honey!

Katie - I am with you! Yippee it's Friday, and I've got a 4 day weekend as we're on strike on Monday and Tuesday - there are times when I love being a civil servant :)

Have a great day me loverlies!

xx

Have a great day everyone... BL, hope you feel better soon x LL... good luck tomorrow, hope it gets sorted!
Me, I'm happy as a sand girl (even though I gotta go to work :eek:)...looking forward to the weekend, I've also got four days off (at the moment I get 4 days every week!)... got a job interview on tuesday evening at a health and beauty place called Clarice House... not sure I'll get it but worth a go (think of the benefits!!)... well, off to work now...bbyyyyeeee :D

Good luckk Donna - post a pic of the new gorgeous you when you are done!!

Thanks for the get well wishes everyone - I am at work, but I took a codeine just as | left home - and its kicking in now. I was a bit worried about taking it on an empty stomach, and I stupidly did not bring any packs or bars with me so hope it doesn;t become a proble,!!! DOH! At the moment, I am just starting to feel very floaty and dreamy and I have a hot water bottle which is comforting.

I have an appointment this afternoon with the Musculo-Skeletol department of the hospital that I have been waiting for for months - have a bad neck too....so I am going to ask them about my back at the same time. Lucky timing really.

My lovely boss took me off the phones and has mee working in isolation which is nice. SHe's the best.

Anyhoo - thanks again everyone and you all have a great day!!

And BEX - Good luck with the job hon!!!! :)

(I need to be careful being on pain killers on the internet - last time I did that I got a husband!! :D heheheh :rotflmao:)

a little inspirtaional poem to keep us all motivated!!

From the inspired poem ' If ' - by Rudyard Kipling

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

bex, good luck with the interview i'm sure you will knock them dead, and yes imagine what perks you'll get working there!!

donna hope the hair is fabulous, i'm sure it will be!!

have a great day everyone xx :gen126:

Lucky you Corey, got to say that I've always been quite happy when we've been on strike as it usually happens when I've not had a day off in months..... don't think that's what the unions quite want though.

Bex, think good positive thoughts about your interview --- we'll all be sending you good vibes :D

Bex! Wear red knickers to your interview! I hear that works!! That or green! :D

Hi everyone.

Just got back from a very frustrating appointment at the hospital.

I have had neck pain every single day since April last year. Not just ache, but real pain - some days so debilitating I can only sit and stare ahead for hours. I wake in the night often and both arms and hands are numb. The My left shoulder becomes attached to my ear by tension of the muscle by the end of some days.

I am no sissy. I have a very high tolerance for pain. After all I went to work once on my own volition, on crutches only to find out hours later that both of my knees and the end of my thigh bone were broken. Just because O don't scream out and moan, etc., does not mean I am not in serious pain. I just keep it inside.

And this w*nker I see today, who I have waited for since December, tells me, "It's no big deal. Its just wear and tear. He shrugs his stupid little shoulders and tells me I just have to live with it." I asked him, incredulously, "Pain every day for a year, numb limbs, etc., is NO BIG DEAL!!!???" He was the most dismissive so-and-so I have ever seen. I got so frustrated, I started to cry - and also because I cannot imagine living like I have for the past year forever. He siad "Well, you can take pain pills". I don't think so. Not every single blumin day. I MADE him give me a prescription for some physio, and I had to fight for that! I told him we can at least TRY that. God!! I was so mad!! They just don't want to TRY anything. They want to get you in and out.

I know I am a visitor, albeit permanent by all purposes, in your country, and I try not to complain - but I just don't know how the british can accept the kind of medical treatment you get from the NHS. It's diabolical. I have not had one positive experience. If your body is hurt, they tell you to live with it. If your teeth hurt, they tell you to pull them. No one seems interested in caring for or actually treating people with medical problems. I am astounded they are allowed to get away with that, considering the exhorbitant amount of tax that is paid for it!!!!! It's criminal.

The only time I have had decent care was when I was fortunate to have private medical through my job. The rest of it has been shockingly abismal.

I am sure there must be SOME decent docs out there - but I have yet to experience it.

My OH, bless him, when I came home in tears he got the phone and called them and said no one sends his wife home in tears, and he made them book another appointment with another doctor at another hospital. We hear Monday who and when, etc.

I'm so upset, that one would be expected to just lay down and except living in pain every day. :( How in the world can they get away with that!!!???

Argh, its so frustrating!!!!!

Aw, BL, I'm really sorry it was crap, I was thinking of you this afternoon too and hoping it was going well.

Just keep at them and tell then you want 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th opinions!! They can't get away with being that bad! Tell then you're going to the papers, our local rag would love that story!!!

Bug hugs to you (((((((HUGS)))))))

xx

Now Now BL dont try I take my crown, I'm the biggest whinger.;)

You are right I think we are treated awful by the NHS it all depends where you are and who you see. Some people think it is great, and then some dont the British do tend to put up and shut up. Anyway hope you get your appointment soon and get a nice doccie.

Well on a good note my new Gypsy cob has arrived. I am so so pleased with him. He is only and yearling but he floats like a dream when he trots. Gonna have to get really fit to run with him. he is by a stallion called Trickie Dickie, which says a lot - LOL. Taken my mind off you know what tomorrow. I will have to miss my weigh in but there you go.

Hope your interview went ok Bex. Going out this evening with the Oh for a meal, taking my bar with me and a made up chockie shake. Whilst on poetry just thought I let your read the words in the card I bought him cause he is special. (Mind you he might not be special when he finds out I have bought another pony - usually let him into things like that just after sex:D:eek:)

"I used to have a special dream when I was just a girl
I dreamt that I would meet, the best man in the world
My handsome prince would take my hand
and my heart would start to sing
and on my finger he would place a golden wedding ring
I've been to very fortunate, my special dream came true
because I found my charming prince (in a miserable git like you) - not really it saysthe day that I met you.

All together AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BL what a crap day you've had - ridiculous that they think they can treat you like that ---- if you're in pain like that they should have well had you for physio before now.

I was off work for 7 months with a shoulder injury, couldn't even fasten a seat belt it was that bad - luckily the treatment I got from the NHS was second to none, they had me in for physio for months and as soon as they could they had me in for injections, the only reason my process took so long was because of my diabetes etc. I think with the NHS it is the luck of the draw as to which doctor and which hospital etc ---- I just hope you get lucky on Monday and that they get you in quickly.

Back