Friend Having Trouble With Llc

Pixie

Silver Member
My friend has just joined Lighterlife tonight.

She had trouble initially getting hold of the LLC rang about 6 times (& left messages) over 2 weeks and no reply so had to contact head office.

When the LLC eventually got back to her she said she had loads of enquiries off the internet so didn't usually bother getting back to them!
She then basically took the money off her and didn't explain anything about the diet shoved her off with the foodpacks and told her there would be no counselling next week and she would just have to pick up her food and go!

To say she is seriousley unimpressed wouldn't even cover it!

Anyone else had problems like this?

that is utterly utterly disgusting. outragious!! i hope she didnt pay £66 what with not having the therapy side of it. she should have to pay for counselling she isnt getting!! i would be back on the phone to head office RIGHT AWAY!!!

no way on earth i would pay £66 for a few sachets of food and nowt else!!

if she has paid £66 i would ask for a 50% refund for only half a service and i would be on the phone to head office hourly until i recieved it. grrr!!

I said that Karen but she said the LLC told her she only officially pays for the food....not the counselling.
I wish she lived closer so she could come to my counsellor instead.
When I called the head office to complain she hadn't got in touch with her they said they had had quite a few people say the same!
She doesnt sound too interested in the job to me...

i think head office should be made accountable for the refund then. im already in a bad mood and now i want to vent it on this LLC lol! how dare she put herself in a position of trust and abuse people financially and emotionally. going to someone for counselling and help and getting treated like that is absolutely unacceptable. i wouldnt go back for packs next week. if she wants food packs she may as well pay £32.55 to a CDC, not £66 for the same packs with no counselling and less variety in packs. abusing her position as a LLC, she ought to be ashamed.

That's terrible and I am sure that LL would be very upset that an LLC is acting like that. She should report it. I can only speak highly of LL and am so glad to have done it for 5 months but we got the group counselling etc and its this that got me through the urge to nibble etc.

I wouldn't pay £66 to collect foodpacks when you can get CD for £32.55

How horrible for her to have such a negative experience.

I feel so bad Mel cos she only went after I recommended it so highly :( they have been great with me too...
Karen you are scaring me now ;) but you are right!

Isn't it always the same when you recommend something ! Whether its a pub, restaurant or whatever. It's awful when the recommendation doesn't work out for the other person.:(

I know how you must feel but it isn't your fault hun. :hug99:

Isn't it always the same when you recommend something ! Whether its a pub, restaurant or whatever. It's awful when the recommendation doesn't work out for the other person.:(

I know how you must feel but it isn't your fault hun. :hug99:

:eek: Yeah thats so true!

Matbe things will work out better after a week or 2, but I have to admit it doesn't sound promising.

I like to give people a chance, so I'd recommend your friend to give it 2 weeks, and if the attitude of the LLC is no better, I would leave and either find another LLC (I know there aren't many) or a CDC.

If this is going to be the continuing attitude of her LLC, she won't get much out of the therapy anyway, it only works if the counsellors heart is in it!

I too can only speak highly of my LLC I am very lucky!

Mags
xxx

Is thre anyone else near her? I guess its like anything where people do tend to be good or bad and with so many people wanting to do it the LLC's get really full - mine now full till April & I had to wait 6 weeks to get on the group I'm in! Bad that she should be treated like that though - would def try & find another one!

Thanks guys,
Shes going to see how it goes next week and if things don't get better try CD.
Shes training as a counsellor herself (not LL) so might not find the counselling all that useful anyway...

sorry for being scarey pixie lol. we'll put that down to being "one of those days". just be thankful u werent my hubby yesterday, eh? poor thing is now hiding at work LOL

I hope ur friend gets treated somewhat better next week but if she is expected to pay £66 and there isnt going to be a session, only the packs then she needs to turn on her heels and run for the hills WITH her cash. im sure a good CDC will serve much better and cheaper if thats gonna be the case. best of luck to ur friend.

xxxxx

The whole bl**dy idea of LL is the counselling aspect....what a bunch of horse......sh**, umm sorry, I mean manure. Angela x

Back