Friends needed :-)

A lb on for me this week ladies, I'm so annoyed with myself. Time to get the head in the game as they say. I'm going to try the original plan this week,I've only ever done extra easy! I have no idea about it so time to root out that book and dust it off and start afresh! Any input would be appreciated on menu plans etc!

A pound is nothing so don't worry. It will easily come off. When I very first did slimming world years ago I did the original and green plan and found it easy enough.

I am forcing myself to the gym tonight. Once there will probably be fine.

Yay well done you, 2lbs is fab. I miss getting stickers. Might have to buy my own now weighing from home ha.

Hehe, yes I weigh at home too! My shiny sticker is only virtual in my signature - but I like it :)

I have been like a cavewoman possessed today. All I want to do is eat!! Stuck to syns though yay. Made a chilli for tea though and it's frankly the hottest thing ever. Oops!!

Thanks for your support ladies. Half a stone would be amazing! Even did my first couch to 5k last night. Feeling motivated!! I agree Fraggle, sometimes a gain is helpful, good way to look at it. :)

Sorry to hear about your gain fraggle but you've got the right attitude and I'm sure it'll fall back off. I know there a couple of us who've had a bad week and there's nothing you can do about the past but learn from it. Jen3 I'm sure next week that 1lb will be gone plus more.
I've sts this week which is the best I deserve really after the bad week I've had but it's actually made me more determined for the next week and I've had a good start with today.
well done shemmalouisa and theria

Staying the same is great. Well done. I couldn't eat all my tea :-( my mouth was on fire, oops!

Fridays traditionally the worst day of my week due to first night shift so have a plan. Making the half syn chocolate brownies first thing. Split the recipe in 2 and pig out on half (6 syns) tomorrow. Will feel like I am pigging out when I aren't :)

Fridays traditionally the worst day of my week due to first night shift so have a plan. Making the half syn chocolate brownies first thing. Split the recipe in 2 and pig out on half (6 syns) tomorrow. Will feel like I am pigging out when I aren't :)
Good for you Fraggle, I need to take a leap out of your book and PLAN! since I have come round from the bug I just feel like snacking all the time, I don't why? I keep finding myself looking in the fridge but tomorrow is a new week for me so onwards it is.

Welcome curlywurly21. I've found coming on here really helpful especially as I don't go to group.

Thanks fraggle. Yes planning is definitely the way to do it, much less risk of just grabbing something off plan and regretting it after. What is the recipe for those brownies? I like the idea of feeling naughty while still being on plan! I had chocolate 'cheesecake' for desert just now - hexb and 2 syns but feels like a real treat.

Thanks everyone for all the info on the original plan, hopefully I'll get d hang off it soon!!! A change is always good!

Welcome curlywurly21. How are you finding slimming world?

Fraggle, hope your feeling better, maybe the chili will be the cure!!

Theria all I can say is wow... Congrats

Hi runmammyrun, have done it before then gave up so I need to stick to it this time!

Lost 8.5lb in three weigh ins, so it's good. Struggling the last few days as I'm full of cold and want comfort food.....not giving in though!

I am determined now to get a few stone off....aiming for summer, have looked at charity walks for July and September to aim for! How are you finding it?

I need this recipe Fraggle!!!

Hi everyone, been driven insane by the kids today. Not made the brownies but then only had 5 syns as not had time to comfort eat yay. First good Friday I have had in a long time. And never got to the gym last night as fell asleep so needed a good day.

Anyway the brownies are 6 eggs, 70g sweetener, 60g cocoa powder and a teaspoon of vanilla essence. Separate eggs, whisk egg whites, then whisk all other ingredients and fold into egg white then gas mark 4 for 30 mins. It is meant to make 24 brownies but as I said I make as 2 cakes and heat up for 30 secs in microwave when eating and it's gorgeous.

For work tonight I have a sandwich, brown roll with egg and ham, strawberries, satsumas, jelly and a banana :) Here comes the night shifts!! Have a great weekend everyone x

I made some today with the kids. They didn't like them. Oh well, all the more for me!! They are very nice, thanks.

Not sure how any brownies I made would turn out as would have to borrow my mum's aga to cook them but definitely worth a try when I have time.
I got invited for fish and chips tonight so made the best of it and removed the batter and restricted my chip intake! But other than that I've had a good day so not beating myself up and staying motivated.
Like Fraggle I work more at weekends which keeps me busy with less chances to snack although I have to be organised or I get too hungry and am likely to head to the shop for bad stuff! I hope everyone else has had a good Friday evening.

you'll get there Curlywurly, thats already a fantastic loss in 3weeks. I'm finding it very slow to move it this time but like you I'm determined to do it!!

well ladies, day one of original plan and I was full all day so happy out and i also got out for a lovely run with the dog so he's happy too!
I fear all this talk about brownies is making my mouth water though!

Fraggle i feel your pain, I work a lot of nights too and to be honest I find eggs are a lifesaver.
Enjoy the fish and chips charlie!!

Well Thursdays weigh in was a nightmare - 2.5 on! But I'd had my weekend away so know exactly how it happened

Anyhow - 9 more weigh ins till my hols and I want a stone off

Back