From 16's to 15's

Hi everyone,

I'm 3 weeks into slimming world and at WI tonight am down 1st1lb. Don't know how I've managed to drop that amount so quickly but I'm not complaining! If I lost more than a lb next week it will put me into the 15's so I'm super motivated for this week. The only thing is that no one in my group ever seems to have steady losses. During group, they all sound like they're saints at sticking to plan and I'm sitting there knowing I tried hard but wasn't 100%. Now I'm pretty much waiting for this speedy loss to bite me in the ass and for it to become impossible to lose.

Has anyone else had this kind of loss at the start and did it mess you up in the long run or did it just taper off into regular small losses?

I know, I know! I'am pleased but its like with everything we always want more. There's a man in my wi class who's lost 1stone in 3 weeks, I just wish it was that easy for me. I'm enjoying the support on here I find it so helpful and reading everyone's comments keeps me out of the kitchen ha x

He probably has more to lose than you hun, don't be disheartened! It's all in the right direction :)

Hi everyone,

I'm 3 weeks into slimming world and at WI tonight am down 1st1lb. Don't know how I've managed to drop that amount so quickly but I'm not complaining! If I lost more than a lb next week it will put me into the 15's so I'm super motivated for this week. The only thing is that no one in my group ever seems to have steady losses. During group, they all sound like they're saints at sticking to plan and I'm sitting there knowing I tried hard but wasn't 100%. Now I'm pretty much waiting for this speedy loss to bite me in the ass and for it to become impossible to lose.

Has anyone else had this kind of loss at the start and did it mess you up in the long run or did it just taper off into regular small losses?

When I first started SW I was losing 4lb a week, every week for the entire time I was there. As soon as I gave up and went back to old eating habits the weight went back on, obviously. The next time at SW I was losing as much, but still enough. Then repeat the story. Last time at SW I was lucky to lose 0.5lb a week.

Nowadays I stick to 7 syns a day for a decent loss but expecting it to slow down soon as my body is getting used to it again

When I first started SW I was losing 4lb a week, every week for the entire time I was there. As soon as I gave up and went back to old eating habits the weight went back on, obviously. The next time at SW I was losing as much, but still enough. Then repeat the story. Last time at SW I was lucky to lose 0.5lb a week.

Nowadays I stick to 7 syns a day for a decent loss but expecting it to slow down soon as my body is getting used to it again

Thanks Jodieboo, I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. Most of the women in group are older than me and have spent a lot of time dieting whereas for me this is my first serious attempt so my body is in total shock. I did only lose 1.5 this week so that probably is my body starting to get used to it and slowing down.

STS this week so with you all for another few weeks yet! xxx

Not looking forward to weighing in tonight - missed my Monday group as was not well and fell off the wagon a bit yesterday going for comfort food - toast with jam, heinz tomato soup and the dreaded chocolate!!!! Kicking myself big style as was on track to get my long awaited and worked hard for 2 1/2 stone award. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr why do we do it to ourselves ??????? It would have felt so good to get it tonight and now I am 99% certain it is not going to happen. I could actually cry as it was self saboutage and short lived pleasure that just was SO NOT WORTH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lolly26 dont even begin to doubt ur losses !! Ur doing brilliantly!! Doesnt matter that you've had big losses, alot of people have really really good losses when they start then it just settles out to a steady pace with the occasional blip.
There are also alot of ppl who go to class and tell little fibs about how 'good' they've been (me being one, until i realised the only person i was cheating was myself!) So pay no attention to other people saying how good they've been but arent losing, ur losing and thats all that matters. Keep up the good work, id have loved to have lost over a stone so quick, id be ecstatic!! Xx

I nearly fell off the scales today, 4lbs off, thats 12lbs in two weeks, Brings me down to a nice even 16stone, so hopefully I will be moving down to the 15's next week. You ladies better hurry up and join me!

I have a party on Saturday, So gonna be super good until then and then back on the wagon on Sunday. Loving the midweek weigh in as well. Really suits me.

How are you getting on girls... any nice recipes to try?

My favourite of the moment is the stir fry with chicken and loads of veg with chinese five spice, garlic, soy sauce and soft medium noodles, (2 syn value)

I'm now 16st 1.5lbs, so only another 2lbs to get off, and I'll drop down into the 15s! I want it next week, but I don't think I will get it since I'm going away for the bank holiday with friends.

Well in the end I lost 2lbs on weigh in so that gave me my 2 1/2 stone award !!!!!!! Couldnt be happier - onward and downward everyone!!!

I'm back again.
Been on the plan and going every week but been up and down so much and haven't really moved.
In the last month though I've put on so much weight...
Previously was able to get to 15st 13 but now I'm back up to 16st 9.5!!

Getting back on track now but kicking myself for being back up again.
Need to re-achieve my 2.5 and 3stone awards

Everyone is doing so well! Keep it up girlies

Im 16 13.5 so not too much damage, a pound over two bad weeks! Im pleased with that and going to be focused now!! Glad to still be in the 16's! Phewww! x

Back