From chunk to hunk.....I hope.

Green veg and lots of water works for me - physillium husks excellent for emergencies:D

Morning Lee, on induction i used to stir a teaspoon full into a pint of water, or just sprinkle it over a meal if it was stew or anything vaguely liquid.

Thank's for the advice Jim, not got round to getting it yet. I will probably put it in water, does it taste of anything?

Not really Lee, the other thing you can try is linseed flax meal, make sure it's the golden variety though, that's easily obtained.

ah well, i've been doing Atkins for ever and ever son :)

Lost nothing this week, that's 2lb lost in 3 weeks. A little disappointing, maybe I have been eating too much, or not enough exercise. I struggle to do excessive exercise though to be honest because of suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome.

Keep at it Lee!!! I had a stall for the last 3 weeks then the whoosh came, 6lbs off last week and another 2 today.....

Drink lots of water, try to stay as clean n green as possible and maybe reduce your cream/cheese intake slightly! Worked for me :0)

Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What jo said....all bodies different but it does work:)

Yep I agree with the others (have to anyway, otherwise they'd hurt me lol) - what about posting your menus here and we can see if there are any traditional stallers?

Men have a different metabolism from women, plus you're tall, so I wouldn't worry too much about the portion size for now, unless you want to follow Jim's mantra of eating like a king at breakfast down to eating like a pauper at dinner?

Stick with it, you are doing great!

Someone said to look at your losses monthly rather than weekly, and to keep track of inches lost as well as pounds. Keep with the program and it will come! Your progress is impressive thus far.

Your welcome Lee, and your doing great!!! I can't emphasise the water intake enough though....

There are many forms of metabolism going on in your body right now, but the one everyone is talking about it the metabolism of fat. This is actually something that the liver does when it converts stored fat to energy. The liver has other functions, but this is one of its main jobs.

Unfortunately, one of the liver's duties is to pick up the slack for the kidneys, which need plenty of water to work properly. If the kidneys are water-deprived, the liver has to do their work along with its own, lowering its total productivity. It then can't metabolize fat as quickly or efficiently as it could when the kidneys were pulling their own weight. If you allow this to happen, not only are you being unfair to your liver, but you're also setting yourself up to store fat.

Simples :)

J x

I know most of us aim for two litres a day! don't go overboard though as it can be dangerous x

Morning Lee, i always used the calculation as 1/2 a pint per pound over weight. does that make sense? I still drink about 8 pints a day plus some mugs of green tea.

I don't quite get that Jim, I am 108lbs over weight so if I drank half a pint for each pound I would probably consume a swimming pools worth of water every day. :D

I have started to drink around 2 1/2 litres, I don't know if that is too much?

Back