from exante to atkins diary

yeah im defently am tomorrow hun going to have salad for lunch and veg for dinner to make up for it and i find when im out for the day my eatting does go out the window i just pick on things i no im aloud on atkins , and lovely and nice meal with your son and harvester is def a beter option more choice for someone following atkins and sorri to hear bout the funeral hun make sure you have a big breakfast and if you go to the wake can pick on atkins good food until dinner time , i really need to start aranging my meal in advance will defently help me.

and wow 1.5 from your waist that is amazing and im glad ive got a partner with the no weighting it will keep us focused, so here's to our next weight in on the 5th of september stay possitive and it will come round sooner that you no x

p.s good on you for have a personal trainner even if it is only for a few days i hade 1 once and i swear to god his aim was to kill me , he worked me until i was sick so has put me off them since x

image-2955279730.jpg

[FONT=arial, serif][/FONT]​

Crispy Coconut Chicken

1 C. dessicated coconut
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 C. butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix coconut, salt, pepper, splenda (if desired) and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.

Deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Or, place in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.

Makes about 2 dozen.

I drizzled a bit of soy sauce on mine, but you could have them with a mayo dip as well. They are so yummy! I noticed how dessicated coconut had a pretty low carb count (I think it was 3g / 100g) and it comes up all crispy and crunchy.

Morning kaylee....found that recipe after hunting :) looks pretty yum....and looks like fast food yum yum...I haven't had a takeaway in god knows how long...think last Chinese was on 22nd may night before my holiday crimes that's nearly 3 months .....hubby hates takeaways so has more to do with that....

I was thinking of sticking on induction till we weigh ourselves and the give it a rethink after that....what do you reckon ?

xxx

Ange7367 said:
Crispy Coconut Chicken

1 C. dessicated coconut
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 C. butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix coconut, salt, pepper, splenda (if desired) and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.

Deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy. Or, place in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.

Makes about 2 dozen.

I drizzled a bit of soy sauce on mine, but you could have them with a mayo dip as well. They are so yummy! I noticed how dessicated coconut had a pretty low carb count (I think it was 3g / 100g) and it comes up all crispy and crunchy.

This looks yummie! What does the C stands for in 1c coconut?

i think it stands for cup chezzle, and thanks for that receipe hun will defently give that a go when i more on to OWL
that sounds like a great plan ange how you gone to day and hows the no weighing going i can say ive made it threw today with no temptation to jump on the scales whats unusual to me as i used to be a daily weighter on exante but day1 of 28 done only 27 to go hope your staying strong with the no weighting , it funny i find the scales more of a temptation than food ;-D xxx

well today 13 of atkins and feeling great today missed breakfast had a lay in so by the time i woke up was to late ended up going into town to meet a friend , we went burger king for lunch i got a doublet cheese burger for lunch i threw away the bread so my lunch consisted of 2 beef burgers 2 slices of cheese and a slice of bacon no sauces and defently no bread so made a good choice , also had a diet coke and some water, got home quite late and was'nt that hungry so put the kids to bed and had a salad of lettuce onion tomato cucumber cream cheese and mayo missed with garlic was lush also made some suger free jelly dismorning and still have a few carbs left today so will have some of that with whipped cream soon sort out my sweet tooth x

Well another busy day for me too ....I hate cups I'm forever looking it up grrrr....well done you burger king mmmm....don't know If I could of resisted lol....big pat on the back for you....got compliments today from a young lad at work and also hubby said looking good ang ....lol....I feel better about the scales cos we got a deal so just putting it out of my head ....I would be so downhearted if I got n them and hadn't lost ...it would send me into a panic so glad I'm not going there :)

Made that cheeseburger pie tonight was pretty easy ....hubby asked what was it called lol...he couldn't get his head round the name he he he...I would say it tastes like moussaka without the Aubergines I used lamb mince...

Went to the gym today with the personal trainer ....oh my god I was dead once finished....i was dreading it...started work at 1pm I was ravenous by the time I got home...couldn't understand why....then just dawned on me that I done the gym session DoH lol....

Well it looks like the sun is gonna shine for the next four days bring it on can't wait for some decent sunshine minus the rain...

I want jelly did pick up some of them ready made ones but them put them back....kept thinking about the sweetener in them....I haven't had anything sweet since last Friday (Atkins bar) finding that I dot really miss it either. Think coming off the sweeteners has helped.

xxx

thanks hun and ive been told on many ocasions that u could loss loads on the scales but no inches but its the inches you want to loss cause thats what you notice in the mirror and what other people notice bout u , must be fantastic geting compliments already i had 1 from my friend sat what made me feel great , defently no what you mean about geting demotivated by not seeing the scales move so 28 days no weight in will defently keep us strong and focused.

how did the burger pie come out hun i think i made mine roung it was very much like a quiche don't no if it was ment to be like that lol , but still nice and good for you hun going to your gym with your personal trainner you seem so focused.

and defently bring on the sunshine few family days out with the kids think of the exercise lol , and i don't have the sweeteners in anythink else so i thought id treat myself to some jelly and cream felt like a child again tucking in lol but was lovely but wont be having it again for a few weeks as i don't want any stall athough wouldnt no if it was a stall or not due to not weighting in so that makes me think about what im eatting more , x

well it day 2 with no weigh in feeling good found that keeping my self busy keeps me away from the scale , although the though is in my head are wondering what my weigh is doing ? not always a good thing as i think the worse sometimes anyway took the kids to chessington today made myself chilli prawns for lunch and a curry for dinner to take with me i couldnt believe how much temptation there was fresh cooked donuts ice cream pizza n pasta my god the list was endless but am proud to say i keeped strong very proud of myself although got to do it all again tomorrow as they had a offer to come back the next day for only a pound couldnt miss it, but will be good again tomorrow plan to make some food to take with me but this time take a few bits i can snack on threw meals x

Morning....oh my god what a busy day yesterday....left home and 9.10 and got home at ten in the evening....was shattered....met a friend for brekkie and a mooch round the shops in Leigh on sea.....felt so guilty eating bacon eggs sausages tomatoes and mushrooms....minus hash browns, bread and beans lol....the went to work and headed straight to harvester with my son for mixed grill minus chips onion rings boo hoo....had salad missed the potato salad and coleslaw but had the blue cheese dressing and a tiny dollop of thousand island....was so stuffed lol...ted was hilarious had me in stitches .....the bear is so cute but so naughty and shocking in some parts.

Woo hoo chessington lovely I used to love taking my boys for days out like that ....you did so well to pack yourself food....although I used to do that when I was majorly dieting I lost over 7 stone about 20 years ago....funny thing is my friends used to look at what I had and then get jealous :) good n you fr our determination. That's well good offer I wouldn't of resisted either do you live far from chessington ?

Yea know what you mean about scales .....its totally a mind thing.....feel a bit bloated today so not sure if totm is in its way ....bit confused at mo cos last month it lasted 19 days days ....so not sure if it's gonna be on its way or not.....pain in the backside

The cheeseburger pie was lush yes mine came out a bit weird not how I expected it...definitely think it would be nicer cold....I had with cauli mash and cabbage.

Well today I got funeral....I didn't really know the person and she was old and had a long life....she sounds a wonderful person .....so will be sad for the children etc...selfishly I just hope there is Atkins friendly food around....

I do keep telling myself that I can stay in plan with Atkins even under bad situations like social gatherings, I've a,so got 18th birthday party to go to on sat night so these two days will be a test for me.

Well I hope you have another lovely day at chessington it's gonna be mega hot

Xxxx

Morning....oh my god what a busy day yesterday....left home and 9.10 and got home at ten in the evening....was shattered....met a friend for brekkie and a mooch round the shops in Leigh on sea.....felt so guilty eating bacon eggs sausages tomatoes and mushrooms....minus hash browns, bread and beans lol....the went to work and headed straight to harvester with my son for mixed grill minus chips onion rings boo hoo....had salad missed the potato salad and coleslaw but had the blue cheese dressing and a tiny dollop of thousand island....was so stuffed lol...ted was hilarious had me in stitches .....the bear is so cute but so naughty and shocking in some parts.

Woo hoo chessington lovely I used to love taking my boys for days out like that ....you did so well to pack yourself food....although I used to do that when I was majorly dieting I lost over 7 stone about 20 years ago....funny thing is my friends used to look at what I had and then get jealous :) good n you fr our determination. That's well good offer I wouldn't of resisted either do you live far from chessington ?

Yea know what you mean about scales .....its totally a mind thing.....feel a bit bloated today so not sure if totm is in its way ....bit confused at mo cos last month it lasted 19 days days ....so not sure if it's gonna be on its way or not.....pain in the backside

The cheeseburger pie was lush yes mine came out a bit weird not how I expected it...definitely think it would be nicer cold....I had with cauli mash and cabbage.

Well today I got funeral....I didn't really know the person and she was old and had a long life....she sounds a wonderful person .....so will be sad for the children etc...selfishly I just hope there is Atkins friendly food around....

I do keep telling myself that I can stay in plan with Atkins even under bad situations like social gatherings, I've a,so got 18th birthday party to go to on sat night so these two days will be a test for me.

Well I hope you have another lovely day at chessington it's gonna be mega hot

Xxxx

wow you did have a busy day and wow great choices with you food you must be well happy with that , and 7stone OMG thats a massive achievement and making friends jelous with what your eatting defently shows how great the food your aloud is .

will defently have to see TED its sounds like my type of film and lucky only live about 30min away from chessington so it a great choice for family day out when ive got abit of money .
how did the funeral go hun and was there atkins friendly food hope there will be atkins friendly food on sat!

totm seems to really be effected by low carbs im on again the 2nd time since starting atkins whats quite shocking seeing as im on the injection and normaly don't get periods and all so defently hope our bodies sort there selfs out hate feeling fat and bloated ,

p.s glad im not the only one who's cheeseburger pie came out weird though it was just me x

well its 2 weeks on atkins normaly would have been jumping on the scales to see what my 2nd week weight loss is but no not me i manage to resist and have completed day 3 off no weigh in , i went to chessington again to day thanks to the wonderful bounce back ticket for 1pound cheap family day out anyway had loads to do in the morning dropping youngest of with his nanny and ended up leaving my food prepared for the day at home in the fridge (not good ) left at 8.30 so didnt have any breakfast either thankfully there was a burger king so got a cheese burger with no sauce and just eat the burgers out of that with a diet coke so very proud of myself and that kept me going til i got home then had mashed swede with chicken and mushroom , i hope evry1 is doing well and if your reading this thinking if atkins is the right thing for you i would defently sugest it doesnt fell like a diet at all and you feel amazing x

Well said kaylee ....I would recommend it to everyone....so proud of myself yesterday....there was lovely Atkins friendly food around yesterday....Atkins paradise lol...whole poached salmon...smoked salmon.....huge prawns...olives....feta cheese....ham...beef....lovely but there were some evils around too French stick and then the cakes came out was drooling over a fruit tart my absolute favourite ....but I think I was trying to prove a point to myself that I could stay on plan and still eat lovely food....

I did have quite a few vodkas though with diet lemonade it was so hot ....but down water as well....I know this sounds strange at a wake but it was more like a party the lady was 88 who died and she had a very happy life ....we danced loads and didn't get in till 1am lol....wonderful day spent with lovely people :)

Bet you was well pissed about forgetting food I would of been ....sounds like you had another fab day :) and you did so well to stay on track as that is so tempting and you know you have to eat something....I would of been queuing up at the doughnut stall lol,,,,so bad I wouldn't walk into a bakers and buy cakes but the smell of them cooking is too much temptation lol...

Well I feel totally fantastic too....it's like someone has waved a magic wand emotionally......got so much more energy....I feel so happy lime I'm n happy pills lol ...think my weight was really getting to me and frustrating me for a good couple of years ....although I'm not weighing myself my clothes look so much better on ...I feel like a new person ....I'm sure I've lost weight agains this week....unless it is my imagination lol....bet hubby keeps saying how great im looking even though he says that I dt need to lose weight bless him...he does take the mick when I've put on weight and pokes my belly .....

Well fingers crossed for later at this party that I can do the same and stay on plan ....on a mission now he he he....

I've booked a week away in Devon going on 1st September so think its gonna be difficult to wait till 5th September to weigh myself ...so gonna weigh myself on the 1st but what I am gonna try my hardest to do is to stick on plan on my holiday...and weighing myself the day I go will be interesting to see if I put on weight or stay the same ....I think it will be pretty easy to stay on track ...even if we eat out which we do tend to do...just need to watch potatoes and bread and no wine or cider lol.

Well hope you have a great Saturday

xxx

Well said kaylee ....I would recommend it to everyone....so proud of myself yesterday....there was lovely Atkins friendly food around yesterday....Atkins paradise lol...whole poached salmon...smoked salmon.....huge prawns...olives....feta cheese....ham...beef....lovely but there were some evils around too French stick and then the cakes came out was drooling over a fruit tart my absolute favourite ....but I think I was trying to prove a point to myself that I could stay on plan and still eat lovely food....

I did have quite a few vodkas though with diet lemonade it was so hot ....but down water as well....I know this sounds strange at a wake but it was more like a party the lady was 88 who died and she had a very happy life ....we danced loads and didn't get in till 1am lol....wonderful day spent with lovely people :)

Bet you was well pissed about forgetting food I would of been ....sounds like you had another fab day :) and you did so well to stay on track as that is so tempting and you know you have to eat something....I would of been queuing up at the doughnut stall lol,,,,so bad I wouldn't walk into a bakers and buy cakes but the smell of them cooking is too much temptation lol...

Well I feel totally fantastic too....it's like someone has waved a magic wand emotionally......got so much more energy....I feel so happy lime I'm n happy pills lol ...think my weight was really getting to me and frustrating me for a good couple of years ....although I'm not weighing myself my clothes look so much better on ...I feel like a new person ....I'm sure I've lost weight agains this week....unless it is my imagination lol....bet hubby keeps saying how great im looking even though he says that I dt need to lose weight bless him...he does take the mick when I've put on weight and pokes my belly .....

Well fingers crossed for later at this party that I can do the same and stay on plan ....on a mission now he he he....

I've booked a week away in Devon going on 1st September so think its gonna be difficult to wait till 5th September to weigh myself ...so gonna weigh myself on the 1st but what I am gonna try my hardest to do is to stick on plan on my holiday...and weighing myself the day I go will be interesting to see if I put on weight or stay the same ....I think it will be pretty easy to stay on track ...even if we eat out which we do tend to do...just need to watch potatoes and bread and no wine or cider lol.

Well hope you have a great Saturday

xxx

yum yum fruit tart sounds lush....food on offer sounds fantastic... defently no what you mean bout more of a party celebrating her life ..... defently how i would like my funeral to be.

hope there will good food choices again tonight hun and hope you have a good night ......vodka diet coke good choices hun.

defently think alot of people can relate to feeling down and after lossing just a couple of lb it can make you feel a million dolars .... and men lol my ex use to say i didnt need to loss weigh but use to poke my belly and make little comments that made me very subconcious and down about my weigh....but its good his complimenting you hun and telling you how fantastic you are looking.

DONUTS i love the smell of fresh cooked donuts... plus i went with friends and there kids and ended up geting the short straw having to line up and buy the donuts and watch them all eat but just shows me how far ive come.... and how commited i am cause on any other diet after 2 weeks thats when the cracks start to show....little cheats here and there but no.....not this time...going to be SKINNY.

lovely a week in devon hope the weathers nice to you hun......can't wait till the 1st of september now....bet you will have some fantastic losses.....been reading your diary and your food choices and exercise is fantastic......defently going to have a great loss i can feel it in my bones .

good morning well feeling ok apart from hayfever playing up also a local 12 year old girl who lives local tia sharp was found murdered in her grandmothers house yesterday after all the hope of finding her ....just has put a downer on the last few days.

food has been ok today need to go shopping get a couple of bits but breakfast i had mushroom and shalot omelette and for lunch had tuna salad not sure what im going to have for dinner yet will pick sank up in tesco..

am feeling very fat the last few days i have'nt weighted in for 4 days now and am feeling good but thanks to TOTM am feeling very bloated and abit blurh.

ive got alot to do today shopping cleaning plus fiting in my exercise but will be on later or in the morning hope evryone has a fantastic day .... x

Oh Kaylee that's terrible .....I have been following the story on the way home from work the other day I thought that maybe there was something bad going on...children don't disappear like they did years ago it's horrific ....I'm so totally gutted about that's why I'm at Uni to try and protect children like Tia ....studying social work degree I want to work in child protection ....I did as unqualified for 4 years...something very close to my heart.

Bloody totm does your head I doesn't it....but at least you have not weighed which would make u even more upset as we tend carry loads of fluid. Yeah men can be so bloody insensitive lol....well hope you get some yummy stuff at tescos...just spent a fortune at butchers shouldn't of gone there hungry lol

Thank you for your kind words .....I am trying very hard ....and if it all pays off I will be a happy bunny.....but feel great and know I'm deffo not putting n weight so even if I don't lose masses I will keep at it

xxx

Oh Kaylee that's terrible .....I have been following the story on the way home from work the other day I thought that maybe there was something bad going on...children don't disappear like they did years ago it's horrific ....I'm so totally gutted about that's why I'm at Uni to try and protect children like Tia ....studying social work degree I want to work in child protection ....I did as unqualified for 4 years...something very close to my heart.

Bloody totm does your head I doesn't it....but at least you have not weighed which would make u even more upset as we tend carry loads of fluid. Yeah men can be so bloody insensitive lol....well hope you get some yummy stuff at tescos...just spent a fortune at butchers shouldn't of gone there hungry lol

Thank you for your kind words .....I am trying very hard ....and if it all pays off I will be a happy bunny.....but feel great and know I'm deffo not putting n weight so even if I don't lose masses I will keep at it

xxx

yeah it heartbreaking shows you just what you've got and how special they are also teaches me to watch who i trust a grandmother the 1 person you would think she saves with.

social work is a great thing hun very close to my heart thats great that your studing that at uni ,im hoping to become a midwife when my children are a bit older and have the time one of my lifes targets ..defently bloody totm hun and yeah im glad i aint stepping on the scales i normaly gain 7lb around totm be happy once its over with hate feeling crappy and bloated.... and got loads at tesco hun spend a fair bit on meat but had to get all my favorites lol only probley with atlkins is you tend to buy alot of fresh stuff and if you go over the top it tends to just expire and waste of money .i need to plan for the week and not oer buy on the fresh ved and salad meat i can bung in the freezer although not in there for long the amount of meat im eating how you getting on with the no weighting hun ???
and def no were you coming from hun as long as your looking slimmer clothes are fitting beter and your generally feeling great then it doesnt really mater if the scales say 1lb or 5lb be happy with how you feel .....!!!

well to update my meal for the day had a snack of pork scratchings and dinner had steak and some roasted celeric couldnt manage it all, just finished my exercise for the day so am sweating a bit.... am actually starting to knotice a change in my arm and thigh definition....my stomack is my main problem area so am doing around 200 sit ups a day seeing a slight change but still stored fat at the bottom so defently no definition there but hopefully over time will start to feel more comfortable bout the belly area (a problem area for every woman).

tomorrow i plan to have asparagus wrapped in bagon for breakfast ham salad for lunch and gammon stuffed with cheese and mustard wrapped in bacon with some broccoli for dinner..... really need to up my water as lacking on that alot and i no expecialy during the totm i need to up it think need to invest in some bottled water as the water out my tap is discusting , wish i was still living at my mums use to drink water like it was running out......lol. so thats my next aim for the next few days up my water to atleast 2-3litres a day x

Morning....

Well done you glad your seeing more definition with the help of the exercise....yes I chuck loads of stuff out ....the boys also go in fads prob like yours one min they are loving something the next they are going off of it.

If you do do your midwifery course that would be fantastic you will love it very life changing.....I never in a million years thought that I would of done this ....as I said before I left school at 14 with no exams whatsoever .....always wanted to become a social worker it thought it was just a bit of a pipe dream that I could never achieve but very inspired by my colleagues at work who were all around same age or even older that had done degree...the next hurdle was giving up work ....big step to take but so glad that I did.

Well yesterday I was very naughty .....I didn't eat till I got to the party about 8pm I just so wasbt hungry so by the time I got there was ravenous.....poked my head in the food tent .....it was every atkinisers worst nightmare .....everything I love that isn't Atkins lasagne, pork pies, little rolls with egg mayo .....garlic bread evil for me.....my head was saying this is ginna be bad don't think I can stick on plan here....give my head a good talking too and told it I was just hungry.....there was ham and beef, prawns and cheese so I had that with a little bit of thousand island dressing.....couldn't find no mayo boo hoo....but as soon as I finished the plate my willpower came back.....teaches me never to go anywhere where there is temptation on a empty stomach....lesson well learnt :)

Left party at about 11pm I was shattered came hi e and went straight to bed still feel a bit shattered ....but hubby has gone to do his charity work so I got the house to myself peace and quiet yippee although I have tons to do.

I hope your totm arrives soon....can't stand that feeling of feeling yucky and bloated ! I can do the same easy out on 5lb at that time. Well I was a bit surprised as my has Come this morning.....so that is a 22 day break be interesting to see how long it lasts this time last month was nearly 3 weeks.

I need to up the water too....the last two days have been not good water wise so need to up it dramatically. This morning thought of scales but resisted I am feeling more in control of my scale addiction lol....can't wait till 1st sept hopefully I will be in the 11's yippee haven't seen them for six months he he he.

Your food sounds delish....I've got steak today on BBQ and go an make lamb and feta burgers with bit of salad looking forward to trying them

Well have a great day another gorgeous day ......especially for the washing that I have tons of he he he

xxx

Back