from exante to atkins diary

Morning....

Well done you glad your seeing more definition with the help of the exercise....yes I chuck loads of stuff out ....the boys also go in fads prob like yours one min they are loving something the next they are going off of it.

If you do do your midwifery course that would be fantastic you will love it very life changing.....I never in a million years thought that I would of done this ....as I said before I left school at 14 with no exams whatsoever .....always wanted to become a social worker it thought it was just a bit of a pipe dream that I could never achieve but very inspired by my colleagues at work who were all around same age or even older that had done degree...the next hurdle was giving up work ....big step to take but so glad that I did.

Well yesterday I was very naughty .....I didn't eat till I got to the party about 8pm I just so wasbt hungry so by the time I got there was ravenous.....poked my head in the food tent .....it was every atkinisers worst nightmare .....everything I love that isn't Atkins lasagne, pork pies, little rolls with egg mayo .....garlic bread evil for me.....my head was saying this is ginna be bad don't think I can stick on plan here....give my head a good talking too and told it I was just hungry.....there was ham and beef, prawns and cheese so I had that with a little bit of thousand island dressing.....couldn't find no mayo boo hoo....but as soon as I finished the plate my willpower came back.....teaches me never to go anywhere where there is temptation on a empty stomach....lesson well learnt :)

Left party at about 11pm I was shattered came hi e and went straight to bed still feel a bit shattered ....but hubby has gone to do his charity work so I got the house to myself peace and quiet yippee although I have tons to do.

I hope your totm arrives soon....can't stand that feeling of feeling yucky and bloated ! I can do the same easy out on 5lb at that time. Well I was a bit surprised as my has Come this morning.....so that is a 22 day break be interesting to see how long it lasts this time last month was nearly 3 weeks.

I need to up the water too....the last two days have been not good water wise so need to up it dramatically. This morning thought of scales but resisted I am feeling more in control of my scale addiction lol....can't wait till 1st sept hopefully I will be in the 11's yippee haven't seen them for six months he he he.

Your food sounds delish....I've got steak today on BBQ and go an make lamb and feta burgers with bit of salad looking forward to trying them

Well have a great day another gorgeous day ......especially for the washing that I have tons of he he he

xxx

oh naught naughty ange for not eatting alday but wow what great will power only eating the atkins friendly food you must be so proud of yourself....i would be....but def hope lesson learnt and you won't realy that there will be atkins food there for you to eay and you eat before next time.

totm has arrived hun payed me a visit 4 days ago so im feeling bloated and crappy and geting cramps i only had a 2week break i aint use to this....and hopefully mother nature won't stay with you for 3 weeks this time hun.......although im not feeling as bloated today so hoping things will start to come to a end soon ....... and exactly the same as you ange had the scales tempt me today but ran into the kitchen and had 2pints of water so new then the scales would be wrong so stoped me going near them.

you will defently be in the 11's by 1st hun... your probley in them now, i cant wait til the 5th comes along so i can jump on the scales hopefully i have a ok loss if i have a 4lb loss(1lb a week ) ill be happy xx

well food didnt go to plan forgot to get gammon out of freezer til today so thought id have the meal plan tomorrow so today hade grilled gammon n a fried egg lunch had cheese string and pork scratchings and for dinner had corn beef with lettuce cucumber tomato onion boiled egg and blob of mayonaise, still havent managed enough water but still got time to fit a few more pints in....will be up all night peeing ,
decided to

clean the whole house from top to bottom today....y do we do these things lol once you start you cant stop....otherwise its messier that when you started....but atleast don't have to worry bout bleaching the cupboards again for a month or 2 ....... i really can't believe ive been doing atkins for 16 days and i havent had any cheats or any cravings on exante i was good for a couple of week but had little cheats here and there....and was constantly thinking about food but on atkins im not having that ... and im not even too bothered bout not weighting in ..... i feel fantastic was a bit worried with bloating(due to totm) that i was putting on weight and because i wasnt weighting had loads of thoughts going threw my head....but now the bloating has eased of abit starting to feel thinner again .....the mirror becoming my best friend have to have a look everytime i walk past lol ,

hope everyone has had a good weekend and if your following atkins hope you had a fantastic atkins weekend !!

Morning....well I was so shattered yesterday...think the whole house was he he he....all a bit grumpy :)

Was good yesterday had kippers and 2 poached eggs and then for tea had lamb burger steak and pork belly strips on barbi with Greek salad.

Yah I don't think about food at all really infact now having to tell myself to eat I just don't feel that hungry very odd for me cos im normally always stressing about food he he he...I did have o e of those pots of no sugar jelly with cream last night ....I didn't really lie it so will give tht a miss....don't miss sugar at all and haven't had any real big cravings apart from that fruit tart Friday lol....knocked sweeteners on head last Monday and now sometimes by automatic pilot I put two in and it tastes disgusting funny how your taste changes so quickly.

Had one of those mini marmite cheeses yesterday afternoon and then went for a nap...oh my god did I have nightmares .....pretty horrific must remember that wonder why cheese does that ?

Well I'm up for a good week.....like you am getting tummy pains but hopefully they will ease ...be glad to get it out if the way even if I wasn't expecting it ....hope you are good...yummy minted lamb chops tonight ...not sure about the mint marinade but I so adore them minted ....the butcher did say that they were lowest sugar content out of all the marinades he does but prob was giving me a load of bull lol.

xxx

Morning....well I was so shattered yesterday...think the whole house was he he he....all a bit grumpy :)

Was good yesterday had kippers and 2 poached eggs and then for tea had lamb burger steak and pork belly strips on barbi with Greek salad.

Yah I don't think about food at all really infact now having to tell myself to eat I just don't feel that hungry very odd for me cos im normally always stressing about food he he he...I did have o e of those pots of no sugar jelly with cream last night ....I didn't really lie it so will give tht a miss....don't miss sugar at all and haven't had any real big cravings apart from that fruit tart Friday lol....knocked sweeteners on head last Monday and now sometimes by automatic pilot I put two in and it tastes disgusting funny how your taste changes so quickly.

Had one of those mini marmite cheeses yesterday afternoon and then went for a nap...oh my god did I have nightmares .....pretty horrific must remember that wonder why cheese does that ?

Well I'm up for a good week.....like you am getting tummy pains but hopefully they will ease ...be glad to get it out if the way even if I wasn't expecting it ....hope you are good...yummy minted lamb chops tonight ...not sure about the mint marinade but I so adore them minted ....the butcher did say that they were lowest sugar content out of all the marinades he does but prob was giving me a load of bull lol.

xxx

i had mintes lamb steaks from asda the othere day and the carb count was quite low thing it was 4 carbs for the whole pack so doubt the carb count will be to high on them hun... my nan use to tell me bout cheese giving you nightmares if you eat if before you go bed but never experienced it.....but the sounds of it its true lol.

the suger free jelly wasnt all that for me hun but defently delb with that suger craving i had....and thats amazing you aint had any cravings hun keeps you strong when your body not telling you to cheat or eat what you not supose to...... and loving the sound of a afternoon nap.....lol aint had one of hthous in years hehe ,

well good day atkiners the start of a new week and feeling very upbeat, breakfast i had 4 slices of bacon no asparagus today forgot to pick some up from tesco the other day so will give them a miss till my next shopping trip ......lunch i had gammon stead stuffed with cheese and mustard wrapped in pancheta was a the size of a tennis ball so couldnt manage any salad with it , will have salad or greens with dinner later depends how hungry i am , well its day 6 with no weigh in and must admite im very tempted to jump on the scales just to see whats happening but i no my weight will be the same or up due to totm i fink i will defently struggle not to jump on the scales when totm has finished.....althought have no idea how long totm will last thanks to the diet effecting my monthly cycle ......be happy when its over, well today of into town to get a few bits plus gota finish my house work (washing )forgot to finish yesterday then will relax in hot bath and early night for me.

ive been looking around the diarys and different sites to get an idea how much people lose weekly on induction not OWL after the initial 2weeks cause will be staying on induction for a couple more weeks until 5th when i will check my weight and decide from there but if any1 caried on induction for a few more week couple you please comment and tell me routhly what were you lossing every week would really apreciate it x

also got a receipe of the receipe thread for ice cream was half way threw making it to figure out i can't find my vanilla flavouring....... so though would taste discusting just egg yokes suger and cream so added a sprinkle of the pack of suger free jelly power to make a strawberry ice cream ......its in the freezer as we speak just checked and had a wee little taste it was delicious will defently be trying new flavours ,

Expect on average a 2lb per week loss on induction. Some weeks it will be less, there may even be the occasional mystifying stall. That's a quirk of this diet. But if I lost 1lb two weeks in a row I'd usually get a 3lb loss to make up for it so, with no cheats, about 2lb per week average is very doable. Some lucky people even lose more - it may depend on how much you have to lose, whether you're insulin resistant or carb sensitive etc.

Expect on average a 2lb per week loss on induction. Some weeks it will be less, there may even be the occasional mystifying stall. That's a quirk of this diet. But if I lost 1lb two weeks in a row I'd usually get a 3lb loss to make up for it so, with no cheats, about 2lb per week average is very doable. Some lucky people even lose more - it may depend on how much you have to lose, whether you're insulin resistant or carb sensitive etc.

thanks for the comment moonlight and i would be over the moon with a 1lb-2lb loss each week ive only got 20lb left til i reach my target so no that it will become more difficult to loss closer to my target, thanks again for you comment x

good afternoon atkiners day 18 on the atkins diet and still 100% no cheats , went out to sort kids school uniform today so missed breakfast ......just had bacon egg and mushrooms for lunch and feeling stuffed i brought some ribs in sauce at tesco today and there 3carbs for 2 ribs so i wont be having much salad today as alot of my carbs will be comming from them. thinking of getting some flaxseed to make the MIM buy the sounds of it they sound like breadish and missing just buttered bread but not sure if im aloud this on induction as i will be on induction until september so might have to give that a miss until i go on to OWL.

i fell so possitive on this diet i have never been in the 10's before always found i sabatashed myself at around the 11.2 mark ...... i dont no what i weight as havent been on the scales for 6 days but even if my weight aint moved im still in the 10's and giving no sign of stopping this is the 1st time i can see myself of reaching my target and maintaining for the rest of my life healthy eatting i knoticed my weight loss stopped , exante was a quick fix but as soon as i stopped my weight would pile back on but will atkins i would honestly live my life like i am not and thats not with all the extra food i can have on OWL and maintaining feeling so positive only 20lb to target big difference from 89lb what i started of with , rant over feeling very possitive today and though would express that , no cheats for me.....what the point.......only going to hold myself back x

today has turnt out to be a good day.... just finished my evening exercise i can't beleive how much i look forward to doing exercise and the sudden burst of energy i get .....dancing around the room with my kids.

looking in the full lenght mirror this afternoon and im starting to see a different....its shocking how good you feel when you look in the mirror and like what you see.....!!!

todays food was
breakfast/lunch: 3slices bacon ,1 egg few mushrooms and half a grilled tomato ,
dinner: 4 bbq ribs (6carbs) and a bowl of salad,

had a couple of glasses of dr pepper zero ,but read a thread earlyer saying the artificial sweetners even tho they have 0carbs and 0kcal can stall you..... so thinking of cutting that down to maybe 1 glass 2-3 times a week as a week as a treat and aim for most of my fluid intake to be still water , cause been drinking alot of carb free fizzy drinks and low carbs fizzy waters ,

kaylee xx

Morning....busy day yesterday had hair cut in the morning and rushed off to work ......was shattered yesterday eve....

Love,y to hear how positive you are Kaylee...your doing so well......feeling exactly the same as you full of positivity and confidence....even plucked up the courage to have my hair chopped and restyled gone for the short bob look....did get palpatations when she started chopping it was getting quite long...but so pleased with the new look :)

Had a good couple of days and got rid of the water I was retaining so feeling tons better .....had one of them Atkins indulge peanut caramel last night ....out my god nearly pulled my teeth out....lol....serves me right he he he...

My minted lamb chops were to die for on Monday ....I could eat them everyday lol.....your doing so well with the exercise well done you....I've been so busy this week haven't had a chance to get to the gym ....I keep thinking about 1st sept and weigh day....hope the scales are moving on down he he he .....but like you even if I lose a lb a week I would be over the moon....I feel like this something that I can keep to on a long term basis....I don't miss the carbs at all.....sometimes seems odd not to have potatoes but I tend to do cauliflower mash so that feels like I'm not missing out ....have you tried any new recipes yet?

Have a lovely day

xxx

By the way kaylee your before and after pics are so different look at your face ...looks totally different well done you xxx

Morning....busy day yesterday had hair cut in the morning and rushed off to work ......was shattered yesterday eve....

Love,y to hear how positive you are Kaylee...your doing so well......feeling exactly the same as you full of positivity and confidence....even plucked up the courage to have my hair chopped and restyled gone for the short bob look....did get palpatations when she started chopping it was getting quite long...but so pleased with the new look :)

Had a good couple of days and got rid of the water I was retaining so feeling tons better .....had one of them Atkins indulge peanut caramel last night ....out my god nearly pulled my teeth out....lol....serves me right he he he...

My minted lamb chops were to die for on Monday ....I could eat them everyday lol.....your doing so well with the exercise well done you....I've been so busy this week haven't had a chance to get to the gym ....I keep thinking about 1st sept and weigh day....hope the scales are moving on down he he he .....but like you even if I lose a lb a week I would be over the moon....I feel like this something that I can keep to on a long term basis....I don't miss the carbs at all.....sometimes seems odd not to have potatoes but I tend to do cauliflower mash so that feels like I'm not missing out ....have you tried any new recipes yet?

Have a lovely day

xxx

hey hun glad your back missed our daily chat lol . glad your feeling as good as me hun great feeling and lovely new hair cut you will defently have to put a pic up bet you look gorgeous , i hav'nt tryed any new receipe's but will defently have to im not really that adventures with my food but will have to start being , you tryed any new receipe's??

peanut caramel bar sounds lush i haven't tryed one of the bars yet but if i get a chocolate craving or the erge for somethink sweet will defently pick some up is the caramel peanut the only one you've tryed ??

thanks hun ill put a pic up of me at my biggest because previous pic i was around 12stone but at my biggest was 2lb of 16stone very discusted at this picture im discusted that i let myself go so much , i cring everytime i look at it :cry: lilly 245.jpg

No....I've been a bit boring the last few days ....but not really boring how can't be with Atkins .....gonna make Parmesan cheese and chicken thing tonight that was soooo nice....yeah I will put a pic up....

Was thinking about my past two years trying to lose weight losing a few pind here and a few pound there and then blowing it and putting it all back on ....think somehow I was on a sort of self sabotage ...I used to weight myself daily and once I got to 11st 10lbs I would then go and blow it....I don't think the weighing daily did me any good and would affect my mood for the day ....then the weekend would come and I would eat and drink whatever I wanted so come monday I would of put the weight back on that I had lost the previous week. Although i do have attachment issues with my scales...not weighing myself for a month is keeping me positive and on plan ....which hopefully come beg of September will deffo show on the scales.

Well suppose I better go and start dinner....

Towie tonight can't wait (my gulty pleasure) oh that's before footie grrrr.....

Ahh I missed our little moral boosting chats

:)

xxx

Oh my god Kaylee....my god you look so different ....there is a sad look about and you and you look lost....u must be so proud....your on the home wood stretch now....your already feeling great will be such an achievement....brings it all back to me when I got to 11 stone I still felt humongous but someone who hadn't met me before but knew that I was a bigggg girl said "oh my god your skinny" suddenly dawned on me the realisation that I had lost five stone ....got down to 8.5 stone in the end....I was like a Skeleton ....looking back on the after pics now....I realise possibly that I looked anorexic ....I wasn't ...got in general fantastic reaction but there were a few that said negative comments he he he you always get one...

Bet you love the new look....

I will have to out my skinny pic up and see if I can find a fat pic

xxx

No....I've been a bit boring the last few days ....but not really boring how can't be with Atkins .....gonna make Parmesan cheese and chicken thing tonight that was soooo nice....yeah I will put a pic up....

Was thinking about my past two years trying to lose weight losing a few pind here and a few pound there and then blowing it and putting it all back on ....think somehow I was on a sort of self sabotage ...I used to weight myself daily and once I got to 11st 10lbs I would then go and blow it....I don't think the weighing daily did me any good and would affect my mood for the day ....then the weekend would come and I would eat and drink whatever I wanted so come monday I would of put the weight back on that I had lost the previous week. Although i do have attachment issues with my scales...not weighing myself for a month is keeping me positive and on plan ....which hopefully come beg of September will deffo show on the scales.

Well suppose I better go and start dinner....

Towie tonight can't wait (my gulty pleasure) oh that's before footie grrrr.....

Ahh I missed our little moral boosting chats

:)

xxx

can defently relate hun i used to weigh in daily when i was following exante and even with the year off i still weighted in daily to make sure i wasn't pilling back on the weight....defently would say the scales is an adiction to me and doing the whole month is harder that the diet lol , and loving your quilty pleasure towie never watched it myself but we all have to have our guilty pleasures hehe.

and you dinner sound lush how do you make it ???

Oh my god Kaylee....my god you look so different ....there is a sad look about and you and you look lost....u must be so proud....your on the home wood stretch now....your already feeling great will be such an achievement....brings it all back to me when I got to 11 stone I still felt humongous but someone who hadn't met me before but knew that I was a bigggg girl said "oh my god your skinny" suddenly dawned on me the realisation that I had lost five stone ....got down to 8.5 stone in the end....I was like a Skeleton ....looking back on the after pics now....I realise possibly that I looked anorexic ....I wasn't ...got in general fantastic reaction but there were a few that said negative comments he he he you always get one...

Bet you love the new look....

I will have to out my skinny pic up and see if I can find a fat pic

xxx

ive never really looked at the pic im discusted at it....but your so right i do look sad and lost.....and i am so proud of my 5stone weight loss but still feel like that person sometimes its mad how the body changes but our head stayes in the same old place.....and wow you did amazing but 8.5 is tiny....wow you must av been so small expecialy being 5ft6inc i defently believe you have a much beter target this time , i must ask was it hard to maintain such a small weight and what kinda calories were you aloud daily......you must put some pics up hun will def help your motivation , xx

I was on about a 1000 a day with the Last stone ....and I had to cut out the weekly weigh in treat (donner kebab n the way home) he he he....not that keen n them now but ws heaven to have that treat once a week. I didn't maintain that weight for long as it was far too unrealistic...I went up a stone in a year.....then settled at 10 stone for some time....then eleven and swinging between the both dependent on stress etc ...I got divorced at this time.....and in the last couple of years have gone from 12.8 to 11.10 just don't want to get any bigger I would be like a house in 10 lol.

Yeah head is a funny thing I did used to look n shop windows all the time sometimes I didn't recognise myself ....then at others still saw the fatty. I suffered more with confidence for about 10 years ...then it dawned on me I wasn't that fat person anymore, imagined confidence to speak up ...and believe in myself ...I never did when I was big ....5 stone is a major achievement and so quickly ....I don't really agree with exante/Cambridge I think you can eat real food and still lose weight....I've never tried them ...but if it helps everyone to their own.

You shouldnt be so upset it's gone and your doing something about it....and you will be so proud of yourself
xxx

I was on about a 1000 a day with the Last stone ....and I had to cut out the weekly weigh in treat (donner kebab n the way home) he he he....not that keen n them now but ws heaven to have that treat once a week. I didn't maintain that weight for long as it was far too unrealistic...I went up a stone in a year.....then settled at 10 stone for some time....then eleven and swinging between the both dependent on stress etc ...I got divorced at this time.....and in the last couple of years have gone from 12.8 to 11.10 just don't want to get any bigger I would be like a house in 10 lol.

Yeah head is a funny thing I did used to look n shop windows all the time sometimes I didn't recognise myself ....then at others still saw the fatty. I suffered more with confidence for about 10 years ...then it dawned on me I wasn't that fat person anymore, imagined confidence to speak up ...and believe in myself ...I never did when I was big ....5 stone is a major achievement and so quickly ....I don't really agree with exante/Cambridge I think you can eat real food and still lose weight....I've never tried them ...but if it helps everyone to their own.

You shouldnt be so upset it's gone and your doing something about it....and you will be so proud of yourself
xxx

yeah it must be to maintain such a low weigh...and defently no what you mean bout the treat....when i was doing exante i would have hugh binges and it would always be for takeaway a indian.....not even sank i really enjoyed and as soon as i started eating i would feel like ****....but still ate the whole lot cause i new i could be back on exante the next day(never did.... a cheat always resulted in weeks of naughty food) and i lost my weight on 100% t.s for 18days and the rest of the time was fighting my binges .....lossing and gaining the same pound....pointless.

now i see that exante was a bad choice but i was that woman who wanted to loss weight over night and if there was a diet that could lose 20lb in the 1st month....i couldnt resist....although now i realise that it just put me on bad terms with food .... i never ate just shakes and bars but when i did i over ate on all the naughty food..... im so happy to have found atkins ive come to the realisation thats its not going to be a quick fix ....or easy but i need to give myself the best chance.

also i no 5stone is a great achievement but still have confident issues like im still the fat girl even though im in a size 12.....its all in the mind hopefully when i reach my target all self doubt and confidents issues will disapear like the fat will have hehehe xx

Back