From Fat to Fab

Had a rest day today from the gym - I'll take it easy for the first couple weeks getting back into it as don't want to do myself an injury! Driving home I found a perfect 10k route that I'll be able to do on a weekend... once I'm a bit fitter that is!

The carb withdrawal headache eased today, which is always nice! Today is my day 3 of attack, so in theory would be finished tomorrow, but I've decided to stick with it until Thursday (so 5 days in total) and then go straight onto a 4pp/3pv cruise.

Our little man turned 2 last week - how did that happen? How did my tiny baby get so big already? He had his first rugby lesson today and did amazingly well - we were so proud of him :) He even tried to kick the ball between the teeniest set of goal posts I've ever seen... too adorable!

I managed to run 5k today... YES YES YES! I'm so thrilled. I never ever believed that I'd be able to run (yes run) 5 whole kilometers, but I did. It was no record breaking speed, but at least I did it and survived to tell the tale :) Yay me!

Kicked DH out to do a run after work - it seems that when I fall off the diet/exercise wagon he feels compelled to stay at home with me! But he enjoyed (ha!) his run ;) Not that he needs to really lose any weight, but doing exercise is never a bad thing whatever your size.

Well our baby boy has now decided that he no longer needs an afternoon nap, so there goes my feet-up-with-a-cuppa half hour. Instead he's discovered the art of power napping... apparently 5mins in the car on the way home is now enough to fully recharge his batteries... oh joy!

Had a little sneaky peek on the scales this morning and have lost 2lb since Tuesday :)

The lights in the stairwell outside our flat were still out despite being reported on Monday and I was trying to negotiate the stairs in pitch blackness again. Misjudged the last step and stumbled at the bottom jarring my back. One of the docs at work spotted me hobbling so prescribed some anti-inflammatories and I've tried to keep mobile. Will have a hot bath and hopefully that'll do the trick. Phoned the Maintenance company (again) and vented my fury (to put it politely!). Needless to say the lights were fixed when I got home today :) But better I jarred my back than something dreadful happen if I was carrying our toddler... I dread to think what could've happened :(

With the sore back, I won't be doing a run tomorrow and will do x-trainer instead as it's low impact. Have found a fab 5k route that I'll run on Sunday morning though. Don't want to lose what progress I've made with the running as that 10k goal is still very much in the forefront of my mind! (Plus being a teeny tiny size 10!!)

Oh dear, what can happen in 3 months... well let me tell you. I fell off the wagon. Again. There are no words to describe just how annoyed I am with myself. So here I am again, red faced and humiliated admitting yet another defeat. But this WILL be the last one. I'm not going to yo-yo diet anymore. I'm going to do this - if not for myself then for my little boy as having a BMI of 31.6 is just not healthy and I want to be a good role-model for him.

I think half the trouble is that I love carbs so much that I end up gorging on them. I little switch flicks in my brain and I just can't stop. I don't know where this unhealthy relationship has come from, but it needs to stop. I get to a point in a diet where I've lost weight, get complimented and think that I don't need to be quite so good... oh that glass of wine/slice of cake/pizza won't hurt, it's just a one-off, except the one-off ends up a daily thing. I'm very good at ignoring what I'm eating until it's too late.

I've joined a really nice gym, which I really enjoy going to. It actually feels like a treat going there - not just because of the facilities but because it's an hour of 'me' time.

So here we are, a fresh start... bring on the new me :)

Attack Day 2 and wow my body is rebelling against the carb withdrawal! Last night I pee'd for England, have a banging headache and feel ever so nauseous. Which must go to show that all the toxins are coming out :) I'll just have to up the water tomorrow to flush them all out properly.

Walked to little man's nursery to pick him up after work... put my trainers & sunglasses on and really enjoyed it. It took 45 mins & was a little sweaty by the time I got there, but was a nice stress-buster after a stressful day at work :) And the best bit was that it really didn't feel like exercise!

Am reading Gillian Riley's Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating and it's making soooo much sense! It's like the book was written just for me! I think a completely new attitude is needed to my relationship with food and this book is guiding me in the right direction. She tells me that I can eat anything and how much I want - there are no limitations, and I'm completely free to make those choices. Which means that I also make the choice of living with the consequences of my decisions - not only with any excess weight but also with any associated health problems. So I have to make a decision - do I want to make the choice that's good for my health (with weight loss being a potential side-effect)? Hmmmmm... let me think about that one.... uh, yes!

Had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning (I was just sooo intrigued even though it had only been 2 days!) and I've lost 5lbs. O...M...G! It's just ridiculous the amount of water retention I must've had! And yet, I never really classed myself as someone who really suffered from water retention... it just goes to show!

Went to the gym and did a really great class. The step teacher was away, so it was a different class called 20:20:20. It's one of those classes you look at and go 'nah, sounds naff', but then do it and think you're going to pass out. It was 20mins v intense aerobics (lost feeling in my legs), 20mins toning with weights (lost feeling in my arms) followed by 20mins stretching (think elastic instructor doing the splits...yup that's 'stretching'). Am happy to have survived but think I'll be walking like a robot tomorrow... but hey no pain no gain right?!

Chicken 'stroganoff' for dinner was LUSH though after the gym class I all but ate the plate!

Not sure whether to carry on with attack tomorrow & do 4 days or go for a PV day. I think I'll wait and see how I feel - I'm really chuffed I've done 3 days anyway so I'll just play it by ear :)

Last edited:
I was so stiff when I woke up this morning but then I thought, what better way to loosen my aching muscles up than to do a spinning class, right?

I don't think I'll ever be able to walk again...!

Your mad lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tell me about it Ellie! Though to be honest the spinning probably wasn't as bad as chasing a toddler around!!

Hi well done on getting back on the DD wagon, the results are amazing!!

I did 5 days on the attack then got totally fed up with the amount of protein , if i had any more eggs i would have been clucking !! i got 6lbs off in 5 days which i was made up with, this 2nd week on PV has been challenging to say the least as well as having easter stuck in the middle, all that chocolate!! ive made my son hide them all out of sight. Ive still lost another 3 lbs so i am happy.

Have you had a look on the official Dukan site? i went through the registering procedure then they wanted £220 to complete the registration, i think this does include a tailor made diet plan and community support for a year. I ended up buying the book and the recipe book from amazon for £13.

That book sounds like a good read, love self knowledge, wish I cpuld exersise but..............I'm lazy lol

Hiya Sididd, i must admit the exercise is difficult for me too, hate walking and i go a dodgy foot!! but have been doing it and dragging out the OH for company. The recipe book is good, not too dear on amazon either. Cx :)

Cpl books now ordered...... to add to my collection, good luck x

Good luck to you too hun, the thing i cant get over is the amount of eggs im going through!! a lot of the recipes have eggs in them. Cx

I love eggs but for me two a day is not enough, my friend has chickens and I get them from her I love them....I certainly cluck lol x

nowt wrong with clucking :D

Have you had a look on the official Dukan site? i went through the registering procedure then they wanted £220 to complete the registration, i think this does include a tailor made diet plan and community support for a year. I ended up buying the book and the recipe book from amazon for £13.

Hi CPL,

Well done on your weight loss - that's fabulous for the first week and makes the pain of attack well worth it! I looked at the official Dukan site, but thought it was far too expensive and have found that the support I get on here is all I need :) I bought the book for my Kindle so refer to that or post a question here whenever I need to. What cruise pattern are you doing? I'm doing 4PP 3PV so I save all my veggies for the weekend - couldn't live without Fajita Fridays and our Sunday stew... that's what keeps me going through the week lol!

Cheryl x

The first week is over with, so with 3 days of attack (plus a bit of a hiccup at the weekend), I lost a total of 6lbs :) Not bad if I say so myself!

Did dance aerobics last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The step instructor is on holiday so it's dance aerobics again tonight :) I have to say that joining a decent gym has been money well spent - it feels like a treat going there. Not only am I Cheryl (not mama) for an hour or two, but the facilities are lovely. Sauna in the changing rooms, shampoo, conditioner etc in the showers (which are those lovely huge rainforest style showers). I actually look forward to going! Plus the fact that I cancelled the 10k means that I'm back to enjoying exercise, not terrified that I won't be fit enough and pushing myself exercising until I'm ill or even exercising when still ill. I worked out that so far this year I've had almost 10 weeks of antibiotics... now that can't be good for you and proves that I've really got to start looking after myself.

Made muffins yesterday and they were lush with a capital L. Had them for brekkie with some 0% Total... am thinking that some savoury muffins with smoked salmon & 0% Total would be a nice treat for Sunday morning....!! :D

Oh fab well done on your loss, the exercise definitely helps and its great your enjoying ti so much. i did 5 days on attack and now i am alternating days PP, PV although yesterday went out for lunch and had a mild blip, but it was my wedding anniversary!!

I made some muffins, my cooking skills are not that great, they tasted ok, but they looked more like cookies than cakes lol

Cx

Back