From Fat to Fit- My Journey

sarah.w said:
Hi everyone, thanks for all your messages :)

Had a rocky start but now i think ive settled into the routein (yaay)! :) Y'day was good and i didnt have a single chocolate bar or bag of crisps, i was good :happy036:

Heres my day so far on sf:

08/09/2012

Brekkie: 4pp
homemade porridge made with skimmed milk, topped with 2 slithered almonds, a drizzle of honey and a pinch of cinamon 2tsp
1 apple
green tea

Lunch: 5pp
1 banana
1 cheese sandwich (with nimble bread and no butter)
1 yogurt

Dinner: 2pp
50g (uncooked weight) wholewheat pasta and homemade tomato sauce with some cheese

Desert: 4pp
vanilla ice cream with cut up strawberries

Total weeklies used: 15/49

2o mins of kettleworx

If this is simply filling it looks like you have overestimated the points used to me. Where would the 4pp in breakfast come from? The skimmed milk and oats are all free so 2 almonds and a tiny drizzle of honey would be more like 1pp??

Same with lunch nimble is free and you say no butter so I doubt you could fit 5pp of cheese on a sandwich?

Not trying to criticise just help :p x

If this is simply filling it looks like you have overestimated the points used to me. Where would the 4pp in breakfast come from? The skimmed milk and oats are all free so 2 almonds and a tiny drizzle of honey would be more like 1pp??

Same with lunch nimble is free and you say no butter so I doubt you could fit 5pp of cheese on a sandwich?

Not trying to criticise just help :p x

thankyou!! :D i thought i was pointing it wrong, i used the normal chedder (not half fat) and didnt measure it so i assumed it would have been that much giving myself extra pro points just incase i went overboard. I kept thinking honey was 2 pp for 1tsp for some reason but thanks for telling me, because i used around 2 tsp worth of it. And i appreciate your help thanks for pointing it out :)

No problem I don't use honey so no idea of propoints but 5pp of cheese even full fat is quite a large amount to fit on the tiny nimble bread! And ww spread is 0pp per serving if you want some spread on your sandwiches!

Also on a day like that where you don't have big portions of the free foods it would probably work out less on a propoints day (like use less weeklies) even though your meals involve some simply filling foods if that makes sense? So might be worthwhile calculating that and checking - no point using up those weeklies when you don't have to ;-)

Takes a little while to get used to sf but once you do it's great being able to swap between that and propoints to suit that days food. Simply filling really works best when most of the meals contain quite a high proportion of free foods especially things that are quite high in propoints like a baked potato or a big serving of pasta. Other than that it will often work out that you are using less points propointing it but this varies depending on how many dailies you are on of course.

On simply filling days it's good to take advantage of the free foods - like I generally have a latte or smoothie since skimmed milk is free, and eat some yoghurt as a snack. Little things like that will ensure you are eating around your daily points allowance even on sf (as really that's the aim of it anyway not having to weigh everything but still eating around the same as a propoints day and it being more filling foods naturally stops overeating).

Not sure if this makes any sense but any questions just ask x

icklerockchick said:
No problem I don't use honey so no idea of propoints but 5pp of cheese even full fat is quite a large amount to fit on the tiny nimble bread! And ww spread is 0pp per serving if you want some spread on your sandwiches!

Also on a day like that where you don't have big portions of the free foods it would probably work out less on a propoints day (like use less weeklies) even though your meals involve some simply filling foods if that makes sense? So might be worthwhile calculating that and checking - no point using up those weeklies when you don't have to ;-)

Takes a little while to get used to sf but once you do it's great being able to swap between that and propoints to suit that days food. Simply filling really works best when most of the meals contain quite a high proportion of free foods especially things that are quite high in propoints like a baked potato or a big serving of pasta. Other than that it will often work out that you are using less points propointing it but this varies depending on how many dailies you are on of course.

On simply filling days it's good to take advantage of the free foods - like I generally have a latte or smoothie since skimmed milk is free, and eat some yoghurt as a snack. Little things like that will ensure you are eating around your daily points allowance even on sf (as really that's the aim of it anyway not having to weigh everything but still eating around the same as a propoints day and it being more filling foods naturally stops overeating).

All sounds good to me :0)

How you've enjoyed your first weekend back :0)

its been good, i was at my cousins house y'day for dinner and there was a few fried things in the menu but i didnt eat them all, just tried a little, and i didnt have desert so i tried to do the best with what i had. Also, i prepared myself by not eating anything but fruit the whole day so if i had to eat a little fatty i could. I think everything must have been around 32 pro points and im on 29 so i dont think its that bad lol

How was your day? :)

thanks for the tips, im definitely going to buy some ww spread. Where do you get it from because i've never seen it at my local supermarket? ive only done sf for around 3-4 days in total and i see now where ive made a few mistakes, but now i love the fact that you can alternate between pp and sf without adding the weeklies if it all fits into the dailies. I think i need to properly sit down and work everything out, learn it again because i havent done ww for over 2 months and so ive become a bit rusty on my knowledge so ill browse through this forum and read through my notes and hopefully ill work it out. Thanks for all the advice and help :)

No problem at all you will get into the swing of things in no time. Its always a good plan to eat lots of the simply filling foods on propoints days anyway as much better than lots of junk! So can always have the meals and then work out which uses less weeklies doing propoints or simply filling that day :) x

Oh and the ww spread I have only seen in Asda so far - it doesn't melt as well as normal spread but it's great not having to use any points on it and tastes fine! X

oh great! thanks for that :D ill go to Asda this week sometime and get some

sarah.w said:
its been good, i was at my cousins house y'day for dinner and there was a few fried things in the menu but i didnt eat them all, just tried a little, and i didnt have desert so i tried to do the best with what i had. Also, i prepared myself by not eating anything but fruit the whole day so if i had to eat a little fatty i could. I think everything must have been around 32 pro points and im on 29 so i dont think its that bad lol

How was your day? :)

Glad it's been good,sounds like you're getting your head around things well :0)
All good here,had Saturday off but on track the rest of the time.

Had a good day yesterday, was completely on the straight and narrow:

10/9/12

Brekkie:
Porridge (skimmed milk, 2 tsp honey)
green tea
banana and strawberry smoothie (skimmed milk)

Snack:
1 apple and banana

Lunch:
boiled egg sandwich (with no butter and nimble bread)

Dinner:
200g chips, 4 sprays of frylite, 4 fish fingers and half tin ww (small) baked beans, ketchup

Dailies used: 29/29
Weeklies used: 0/49

Exercise 20 mins of resistance kettlebells

Umm fish fingers chips and beans! Simple but so yummy, I want some now!

haha Sarah have some!! it was really yummy though, just one of those days when you cant really be bothered cooking :p

sarah.w said:
haha Sarah have some!! it was really yummy though, just one of those days when you cant really be bothered cooking :p

I will have it soon!

yesterday was really good, and i indulged a little today and ive dipped into my weeklies:

11/9/12
Brekkie:
porridge with honey 7pp
1 apple

Lunch:
1 banana
1 starbucks grande coffee frap 6pp

Dinner:
quorn garlic and herb fillet with ww chips, ketchup and some coliflower on the side 14pp

desert:
2 scoops vanilla ice cream 3pp

Dailies used: 29/29
Weeklies: 1/49
exercise: 20 mins kettleworx, lots of walking

12/09/12
Brekkie:
2 wheatabix pieces with skimmed milk and half a tsp of sugar 5pp
1 nimble toast with low fat butter 2pp
1 peach

Lunch:
1 apple