Moomin - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Hi can I join.

I joined SW last week and had first WI last night and lost 5lbs!

I need to lose around 7st in total, to be within healthy range.

The thing that has really kicked my butt into gear is, well a few things really:
1) I always promised myself I wouldn't get to 40 and still be
fat... I am 40 in about 6 weeks, so let myself down there
2) I don't have enough energy to run round after the kids
3) I don't want to keep shortening my life expectancy by not
doing something about my weight
4) We are emigrating to Australia and I do NOT want to be this
fat when we go. I want to be able to wear nice summery
clothes without feeling self conscious or having to hide my
bingo wings lol!

I lost nearly 2 stone last year on my own, with calorie counting and walking, but over the harsh winter we had, I felt it creeping back on me and although I haven't put the 2st back on, I did put nearly 1 st back on EEEEEK!

I walk the kids to school everyday and back and with general flitting around at work, I walk around 2.5 miles a day (I wear a pedometer to monitor my steps). I could do with dusting off the wii fit but we are also preparing to move house soon, so struggle to find time for that atm!

So that's me... CharmedP3 AKA Rachel

Yey 2lb loss - very happy with that after the week I had!!! One more week for me then I miss 2 weigh ins as I'm on holiday!! 100% week for me, wonder if I can get a stone before I go away?!?

2.5lb off for me - chuffed!

Well done to all us Wednesday weighers!!!!

Hi can I join.

I joined SW last week and had first WI last night and lost 5lbs!

I need to lose around 7st in total, to be within healthy range.

The thing that has really kicked my butt into gear is, well a few things really:
1) I always promised myself I wouldn't get to 40 and still be
fat... I am 40 in about 6 weeks, so let myself down there
2) I don't have enough energy to run round after the kids
3) I don't want to keep shortening my life expectancy by not
doing something about my weight
4) We are emigrating to Australia and I do NOT want to be this
fat when we go. I want to be able to wear nice summery
clothes without feeling self conscious or having to hide my
bingo wings lol!

I lost nearly 2 stone last year on my own, with calorie counting and walking, but over the harsh winter we had, I felt it creeping back on me and although I haven't put the 2st back on, I did put nearly 1 st back on EEEEEK!

I walk the kids to school everyday and back and with general flitting around at work, I walk around 2.5 miles a day (I wear a pedometer to monitor my steps). I could do with dusting off the wii fit but we are also preparing to move house soon, so struggle to find time for that atm!

So that's me... CharmedP3 AKA Rachel

Hi Rachel

Welcome to the group, I'll cioy and paste your name to the list so we can see what days we all WI on, good for motivation and encouragement, lol.. You already do some exericse too, so that's a boost for your losses each week and well done on your 5lb loss :D, that is excellent. Good list of targets and I'm sure they will push you on each week. xx

Well done on the losses Lenlu, Emma, Moomin and Charmed, thats a total of 12.5lb (if my maths is right, lol) off last night's WI girls, thats blooming Fantastic. Watchout, Slimville, here we come :D:D. Welcome Charmed, great group of support here :553:

Eternal - Monday - 7lb
Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday - 5lb
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 1.5lb
Mylastchance - Tuesday - 1.5
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Emmaleone1984 - Wed - 1.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
Moomin - Weds - 2.5lb
Charmed - Weds -5lb
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Here's for a good day today girls. Cooking a lean mince Lasagne tonight and was told that a packet of colemans cheese sauce works out to 8 syns, but found a schwartz one last night, with half the cals and fat content, so gonna go onthe website and check that out. x

Last edited:
oooh let me know about the cheese sauce please x

Here you go Moomin..​

Schwartz Cheddar Cheese Sauce 40g pack​

7 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy
7 Syns per package/portion on Green
7 Syns per package/portion on Original

Just need to count your HEA for your skimmed milk - half pint! If thats split between 4 ppl, thats less then 2 syns a slice, I'm gonna double up with 2 packs on mine as we have 4 men (and me is 5), in the house and they eat for England, so thats only 3.5 syns a slice that way.

That will make enough to cover all of the top of the Lasagne, melt the quark first then put that on, then add this sauce. Can scatter some cayenne on top of that too.​

Last edited:
wow sounds delish!
Thanks eternalflame x

Sounds lush!!! What's your lasagna recipe, haven't done a sw lasagna yet and love it!! But used to just use jars!! I need a good simple bolognaise recipe!! Is it passata to use?

Hello Lenlu, how are you today?

Lasagne Recipe:

Lean Mince - as much as you need for family
Onion
Bacon - grilled or dry fried
1 pepper, chopped
Mushrooms
Big Pinch of Italian Herbs
Tin of chopped Toms
Passata
Seasoning - to taste
Lasagne Sheets - Box of
Quark,2 eggs
Cayenne Pepper

Schwartz Cheddar Saauce - optional - 7 syns per pack

Fry your mince, til brown (drain all fat, then back in pan) and then add chopped onions, fry again til softened, Add chopped pepper and mushrooms and then chopped tomoates, herbs and passatta. Simmer for 10 mins, then add seasoning to taste. Dice up your bacon and add this to your mixture.

In a large Lasagne dish, put a thin layer of meat mixture on the botton, then your lasagne sheets on top, then another thin layer of meat and your lasagne sheets, final layer of meat and lasagne sheets.

Make your sauce, Mix your quark with the eggs,to a runnier consistency, add either plain LF yogurt or fromage frais. Put this mixture ontop of your Lasagne sheets.

Optional Schwartz cheese sauce - make up as needed (using skimmed milk from HEA). Put this over the Quark layer and sprinkle with Cayenne. Oven Bake for 20 mins and serve.

If you only use the Quark mixture, then this free on EE, if using cheese sauce as well and its between 4, then this would work out to 1 3/4 syns each slice.

Last edited:
Hi ladies

Feeling poop today, got a raging headache, had it since yesterday. Still sticking to plan, although last night I was desperate for choc, couldn't have any though, as used all my sins, so I resisted even though it would have been for medicinal purposes;)

Hope you all have a good day:)

aw well done wish - i think i would have buckled x

Hi Wish. Sorry to hear you are feeling groggy. Do you drink lots of water? I get heady if I don't drink at least 2 litres a day. Helps flush the fat out too, lol. Good on you girlie for resisting.. thats determination for you! Hope you feel better and enjoy the rest of your day too. xx

Thanks girls, I am drinking like a fish, trying to keep hunger at bay;) Think perhaps I am coming down with something, I may have to go to bed soon, just feel that pants tbh:sigh:

Don't know if its sugar cravings or what?

OMG have just realised what it might be, ran out of caffinated tea bags yesterday, so have been drinking decaff ones, I wonder if its that?

Back