From here to Eternally Slim

Good idea with the exercise. I'm gonna challenge my days steps each day.. Had to walk 5km's just to get to GP and back, as not able to drive now.. til I get the all clear anyway. But burned 235 cals, now I know SW isn't about cals, but hey.. must burn fat and lb's much quicker if you do more.. :) x

Hi everyone.

Would you mind if I joined you? I joined my local group last week, and my first weigh in will be Wednesday evening! I'm doing EE to start, but I may introduce some red days in week 2.

I kinda went a bit mad on the vodka/wine at a party on Saturday night, but I totted up all the syns, so I hope that won't ruin my first week. I do feel less bloated :)

Hello Letty. Of course you can join us, its a great support group, smashing lovely ppl here and we share lots of tips, recipes, ups and downs. Good luck with the rest of this week, just make sure you have lots of the sf food and you should pull this weekend back. Welcome to the group Letty :) xx

I'll add you to the list for Wed WI's:

Eternal - Monday - 7lb
Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday - 8lb
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 1.5lb
Mylastchance - Tuesday - 4.5
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Charmed - Weds -5lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Emmaleone1984 - Wed - 1.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
Moomin - Weds - 2.5lb, +0.5lb
xxlettyxx - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Scanbran - Thurs - 1.5lb
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Hey Letty!!! Welcome in :)

Just finished knocking up a MASSIVE pile of syn free KFC for tonights group party. Im desperately hoping that this is a total revelation to the group, and they all fall on the floor wowed with amazement at the joy of syn free KFC like wot I did after my tea last week.

Going for a shower now, and may even properly blow dry my hair for the occasion. Normally I just drip dry.

Have a lovely evening all, will weigh in later :cry:

Thanks Eternalflame and MLM! I am struggling to do 1/3 superfree. Do you think this'll make a difference to my weight loss? I love veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage etc, so dinner times are fine. However, I find salad *incredibly* boring, so lunchtimes are quite difficult, especially as I work Monday-Friday in an office. I've been having pasta with tuna every day. Stuck for ideas! :/

Colette, have you thought about baking some veg like peppers and mushrooms in advance and stiring those into your pasta? Also spring onions too are nice with tuna and pasta and those cherry toms. I struggle with teh 1/3 rule, but what I tend to do, is have 3 pieces of fruit after a meal which is S/F so that more or less makes up for it anyway.

Prepared lunch:
Spicey Rice

Indian Spices - what ever whole spices you have
Garam Masala, chilli powder, coriander and cumin.. or just curry powder
Basmatti Rice
Onion, tomatoes, peppers and any lean meat

Dry fry (fry light) whole spices, then add onions and dry spices, and a little water to stop it from burning. Then your chopped veg and meat, cook untiil browned, season with salt and pepper. Then add a cup of rice and 1 3/4 cups of water. Bring all to boil, simmer for 5 mins, then turn off heat and keep covered for 10 mins.

Free on EE and on Green if leaving out meat of using it as your HEB. Nice cold or hot :)

A nice eve meal is for EE day is:
Chicken Thighs or legs (skinned)
Red and Green Pepper - chopped small
Onion - Chopped roughly
Butternut Squash - use some of this chopped with the skin on
Parsnips
Mushrooms
Potatoes - chopped same size as squash
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika
Salt and Pepper

Chop all veg and put potatoes and squash in tray and the chicken too. Spray with fry light, sprinkle cayenne, paprika and seasoning and bake for 15 mins. Then add the rest of the chopped veg and bake for a further 10 mins, adding fry light and season the same.

That would be free on EE, if doing Red, just leave out the Parsnips and Potatoes :) x

Hello Letty. Of course you can join us, its a great support group, smashing lovely ppl here and we share lots of tips, recipes, ups and downs. Good luck with the rest of this week, just make sure you have lots of the sf food and you should pull this weekend back. Welcome to the group Letty :) xx

I'll add you to the list for Wed WI's:

Eternal - Monday - 7lb
Wish - Monday -
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Charmed - Tues -5lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
xxlettyxx - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Scanbran - Thurs - 1.5lb
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

I'm a TUESDAY WI lol! Can you change me!

Ive added you hun cos I know ET is a busy lady x Good luck x

Eternal - Monday - 7lb
Wish - Monday -
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Charmed - Tues -5lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
xxlettyxx - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Scanbran - Thurs - 1.5lb
10st10lbs -Thurs
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Well, slightly better than anticipated, 1/2 lb off this week. I am pleased with that, because I WILL post a better loss next week, and it is all in the right direction. This week I am going to really push the water consumption, because I do forget to drink a lot of water.

In other news I had a chat with our consultant about what it takes to be a consultant and she couldnt have been more enthusiastic about my chances. She said I really have it in me to be a really good consultant, and that she will help me to become one if that is what I want. I just have to get to target, find a couple of grand to set up and buy a franchise, and learn to drive. That will keep me busy for a bit!

Its something I have thought about from before I even went to the first class, so it was nice to hear that she thinks I have what it takes. She said there were a couple of others in the group who had also expressed an interest but that they didnt necessarily have the right qualities, but that I do, and she wouldnt hesitate to recommend me, so we are going to work towards that over the next year or so.

I will be helping her out a bit with the weigh ins and stuff from time to time, so that will give me an idea of how it all works in practice.

The syn free KFC was a roaring success, and I have to make a load of print out recipes for next week for people to use at home. I shall of course put a link to here on the print out, so that it encourages people to join up here.

Thanks Eternalflame, sounds yummy! I may try that in the next couple of days. I'm going to have my first red day tomorrow. I've made a salad which I'm going to take to work in my lunchbox, and I'm going to have it with salmon. I'm having pasta as a HEb (35g dry weight - hardly worth putting the hob on for, but not gonna complain :D). I can deal with with breakfast, dinner and snacks on red, it's just that blasted lunch! But I've figured I can have a small amount of pasta or a small jacket potato with whatever lunch happens to be, so feeling optimistic! My stepmum lost 4 stone in 5 months doing red. Amazing!

Eternal - Monday - 7lb
Wish - Monday -
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 4.5lb
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Charmed - Tues -5lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
xxlettyxx - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Scanbran - Thurs - 1.5lb
10st10lbs -Thurs
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Managed to lose 3lbs this week

Hi Everyone. Im a re-starter (lost 2 stone on SW 2 years ago and put it all back on again!!)
Hope you dont mind if I join your group.

Karen x

my weigh in at 10... had such a bad week cause ws my birthday n have ate like a pig all week - over my syns most days with food and way over with my vodka n diet coke consumption.... heading to spain on thursday for 10 days too so realistically will have a gain there. :(

:eek:Wowww, lots of lb's shedding on here. Well done MLM and Rosie too, we didn't hear from Wish? I lost 2lb, was hoping for 3lb.. but hey, I can't argue with that. But next week's WI will be Tuesday AM, until I go back to work anyway. So will change this on the list.

Hello Cake and 10st10lb, welcome to the forum, we are all a good bunch of ppl on here :) and you'll enjoy our support group I am sure.

MLm, it would be good to have our very own consultant on this thread, so do go for it :D. You always support everyone on here and do think you'll make a good Cons. x

I'm off to see my nan with my mum today, to Norwich, which is about a 3 hour drive.. Beats sitting at home, while its drizzling down outside. My arm is more achey today, not sure why.. and it don't narf look lumpy, lol..:8855:. I hope it don't stay like that, looks like I have 2 elbows :eek:.

Updated list:
Eternal - Monday - 9lb
Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday - 8.5lb
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 4.5lb
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues
Charmed - Tues -5lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 5lb
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
xxlettyxx - Weds
Better Body -
Aimee - Thurs?
Bookworm1980 - Thurs
Jude - Thurs
Scanbran - Thurs - 1.5lb
10st10lbs -Thurs
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz

Good luck with your Wi's today Mylastchance ,Welsheeyore, xxtannyxx Charmed and Zombiecakes. I'm sure they will be good ones. MLM, you didn't update your Wi on here, so did it for you hun. 1/2 lb is still a loss girlie :)

Won't post now til tomorrow, so have a good day girls xx

hi girls can i join your group please.. my wi is tues 5.30pm.. fingers crossed have done ok this week :)

I forgot to add my weight loss from last week, i lost 2 lbs, bringing me up to 1/2 stone :) My third weigh in is this evening. I always get so nervous!

Back