From here to Eternally Slim

Happy to report I too am now 4lb lighter! I was a little worried that I wouldn't see much of a loss as I had been on the RC diet before this and stuck to 1400 cals a day. I thought starting SW may make me STS or gain because of this. Pleased that is not the case!

Congratulations to everyone who has seen a loss this week, onwards and downwards! :)

EDIT: Just noticed my BMI is now below 30! Hasn't been under 30 for years! :woohoo:

Libra.. way to go gilrlie.. brilliant loss and hey.. BMI lower too and thats the most important thing.. Fantastic loss huni, well done. xx:D:D

Wooowwww, I am stunned and so proud of all of these losses this week, I think we deserve a group sticker for the best losses.. MLM.. can you make one?

I can confirm that I didn't quite match any of them, lol.. but did loose 1lb, lol.. better then a kick in the mouth me thinks.. But.. I also got slimmer of the week, LOL.. I won a pineapple, but couldn't carry it home, so gave it away and got scan bran :(.. what on earth do you do with them, lol?? I also walked there and back.. all this body magic and all, lol.. totalling 4.6 KM, which is 206 cals burned :).

Wecome MF to group, I've known Mf for a while on here and she's given me oodles of support adn she is now back on SW, so has to be part of this group :). Lovely to see you on here Tracy. x

I am gonna aim for 3lb next week, so lots of walking needed for that and I have an idea.. lets do some measurements? I had mine done when I did CD a few months ago, so gonna take them again in the morn and compare them as I can feel across my chest and my face that I hvae lost.. How about it girls?? Inch loss is the way to go too :).

Right, now to update the list, LML and Libra you haven't done yours, so have also adjusted yours too:

Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday - 14lb
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 4.5lb
Cake - Monday
Madferret Monday
Pesty - Monday -3.5lb,
Mylastchance - Tuesday - 4.5
Eternal -Tues 10lb's
Libra - Tues-4lb
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues - 4lb
Charmed - Tues -6lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 8lb
Jilly - Tues - 7.5lbs
Imogensmummy -Tues
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Emmaleone1984 - Wed - 1.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
Moomin - Weds - 6.lb
xxlettyxx - Weds - 3lbs
Bookworm1980 - Thurs - 4lb
Jude - Thurs - 8lb
Scanbran - Thurs - 3lb
10st10lbs -Thurs - 6.5lb
Kiltgir - Thurs -12.5lb
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz??
EmmaJay - 15lbs

Its my sisters birthday today, so my mum is collecting me and we are out for lunch with her. Gonna have a flexi day and back to plan tomorrow, as there will be champagne :) . Will catch up with everyone later.

Good luck to all Tues WI's today xx

I can certainly try to make one, what sort of thing did you have in mind?

Congrats on your loss Nikki, must be extra hard for you being stuck at home unable to exercise properly. You should be proud that you are losing at all!!!

I have adjusted my total to incorporate everything I have lost since starting on slimming world, tracking 3 different loss paths (since I started losing anything, since I started SW, and the team challenge) is confusing enough! :D
Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday - 1st 1.5lb
RosiePeace - Monday - 1st, 4.5lb
Cake - Monday
Madferret Monday
Pesty - Monday -3.5lb,
Mylastchance - Tuesday - 4.5
Eternal -Tues 10lb's
Libra - Tues-4lb
Welsheeyore-Tuesday
xxtannyxx - Tues - 4lb
Charmed - Tues -6lb
Zombiecakes Tues - 8lb
Jilly - Tues - 7.5lbs
Imogensmummy -Tues
Lunlu -Wed - 2.5lb
Emmaleone1984 - Wed - 1.5lb
Size16willdo - Wed
CupcakeKatie -Weds
Moomin - Weds - 6.lb
xxlettyxx - Weds - 3lbs
Bookworm1980 - Thurs - 4lb
Jude - Thurs - 8lb
Scanbran - Thurs - 3lb
10st10lbs -Thurs - 6.5lb
Kiltgir - Thurs -12.5lb
Lennis - Sun
StIvesLiz??
EmmaJay - 15lbs

Im definitely up for the inch loss!! I did record it a month after i started and i will measure tonight and update :)

Im having an extremely hungry day today!!! So far I have had;

Banana
Bag of grapes
1 large peach
MAHOSIVE salad lol
(lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, carrot, ham, new potatoes and 1 tblspn mayo)

I'm still hungry!! Is that naughty??? I might have a mug shot but do you think that's too much so early in the day??

I have tried drinking 2 pints of water incase i was thirsty - but it seems this is not the case. I dont know if im hungry hungry or bored hungry, humpf xx

Good grief! Have the mugshot!

If you are hungry, EAT!

Water hasnt knocked it on the head, so you are STILL HUNGRY! Eat something!

Lecture over :D

Good grief! Have the mugshot!

If you are hungry, EAT!

Water hasnt knocked it on the head, so you are STILL HUNGRY! Eat something!

Lecture over :D

:8855:my my that was quite a lecture wasnt it!! Thank you for clearing that up for me though! I never know whether you should make sure your really hungry first but i think ive waited long enuf *goes off to boil the kettle* xx

well my loss was a measly 1.3lb's! :(
a bit gutted really! i suppose it was all that alcohol at the weekend!!doh

Imogensmummy, thats a REALLY good loss. Look at the bigger picture. You actually only want to lose 19.5lb. If you wanted to lose say, 6-8 stone, then yes, a realistic loss would be more along the lines of 4-6lb on the first week. You dont have a HUGE amount to lose in the first place and weight loss pretty much ALWAYS slows a lot the nearer you are to the weight you should be.

Dont be disheartened by this. The first week I went (and I had a lot more to lose than you) I lost 3lb and was disappointed by that, because I had seen so many posts on here saying "My first week I lost 5, My first week I lost 6", but the fact is that you cant compare yourself to other people because they are all at different stages of weight loss to you, different weights in the first place, and have maybe done the plan a little differently than you did.

Your loss was great. In fact, as I have said on here before, optimum for steady and sustainable weight loss. Well done.

hi all i have just started sw on monday and im of to harvester tonight im going to just get the salad bad and some chicken :) wish me luck as going with dad and he gets a massive mixed grill with fried onions chips etc... lol

Imogensmummy, thats a REALLY good loss. Look at the bigger picture. You actually only want to lose 19.5lb. If you wanted to lose say, 6-8 stone, then yes, a realistic loss would be more along the lines of 4-6lb on the first week. You dont have a HUGE amount to lose in the first place and weight loss pretty much ALWAYS slows a lot the nearer you are to the weight you should be.

Dont be disheartened by this. The first week I went (and I had a lot more to lose than you) I lost 3lb and was disappointed by that, because I had seen so many posts on here saying "My first week I lost 5, My first week I lost 6", but the fact is that you cant compare yourself to other people because they are all at different stages of weight loss to you, different weights in the first place, and have maybe done the plan a little differently than you did.

Your loss was great. In fact, as I have said on here before, optimum for steady and sustainable weight loss. Well done.
thanks hun means alot!
hopefully next week will be better

I'm not gonna got there with what I had for lunch :(.. It wasn't good, but.. knowing what I do with sW It wasn't bad.. so better choices were made..

Imogensmum, you lost enough, if you look at it like food, thats 5 apples, about 7 onions.. and 4 bananans, so actually, it 's a good weight. As MLM said we are all different and some ppl might loose 5-6 lb in a week, but keeping it off is the thing. IM, it's off girl, and its gone. Thing you do need to do for the next week now is to plan.. is it Red, EE or Green or a mixture of all. For me its a mixture of all of them, as its more or a trial thing as much as a weight loss.

PrincessKitty - welcome to this thread hunni.. its nice to meet you. What day do you usually WI on?

I'll measure my inches tomorrow and compare it to CD about 8 weeks ago (they were thorough ;)). Lets just see what we have lost since we started, it'll be worth it I think.

Pesty, I'm glad you are up for this.. its what ppl see isn't it?? And although its not the ultimate, its good to know and its that confidence that keeps you going on this journey.

Thanks for updating the thread MLM, 1 stone 1.5lb.. what an achievement :). Really proud of you.

I am so loving our group girls :)xx

Last edited:
Hi Girls..

Cooked Lasagne Crisps last night, andd I can say that they wre actually nice.. harder then Doritos and could have done without the Fry light on top as they were shiny, lol.. but seasoned with cayenne and salt.

Just invited IanH, to visit us, he's just got to target after loosing sheds loads of weight. Be good to find out how he did it and see what we can learn from him. x

Last edited:
Hello ladies, happy Tuesday to all and good luck to Tuesday weigh-ers :D

I love the idea of the positive self-talk, instead of seeing how much you still have to lose (if you do) is so much nicer and healthier to praise yourself on the achievement you've already made!

Is hard to change the habit of a lifetime though...

howabout we all say one thing we like about ourselves and why? :p

wadda you think...any takers?

ok, well, i'll start then...i like my hands, because they are quite slim and a nice shape (god that sounds lame, just shows how unused people are to complimenting themselves!)

lol, hope you guys join in or i'm going to sound really vain :D

such good weight losses already this week, you must be so chuffed!

Back on plan today after yesterday's blip, made sushi at work, was much appreciated at the staff meeting!

onwards and downwards..

xx

Kiltgirl, I shall join in! I like my lips and teeth! You can't get much more random than that! :8855:

good evening girls... had a busy day so didnt get on earlier.. took my wee girl lily to nursery today to meet her teacher.. oh she's soooo excited about going in sept :) dont know how im going to cope with 9 weeks of summer holidays with her asking is it time to go yet lol..

well done girls for who lost today. i lost 1lb. happy with that, considering *week and i really overate my syns on 3 days.. going away for a week 3rd july so thats only 2wi's left.. really hoping for my stone so have to work hard next 2 weeks.

welcome any newbies, good luck on your weightloss journey xx

IM, don't be disheartened 1.3lb off is a great result. If you had a weight loss of 1.3 per week it would take about 15 weeks for you to get to target which is amazing. And if you lose a bit more than 1.3 you'll get there quicker than that but slow and steady usually wins the race. Good luck for next WI x

oh forgot to say.. i like my eyes. they are a gorgeous deep blue hehe. feels weird saying that something about me is gorgeous lol

Jilly, well done on the 1lb off. It's going in the right direction, down.
Good luck for the next two weeks.

Hi everyone, I'm creeping back after a not-so-good few days :( only my second week as well!

Just been reading through the last few days' posts, and you're all doing so well :) and I am adding our group's banner to my signature! :D

So since Friday night's slip, I've drifted off the plan :( but thinking about it, it's only Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today that I haven't been 100% so maybe I can get back on track without having done too much damage.. I haven't been bingeing on junk, but I haven't been paying attention to what I'm eating/drinking really.

I'm kinda ashamed that I've fallen off the wagon in only my second week :( I'm trying to identify at the reasons for it. The trigger was definitely the wine with my parents on Friday night, and the panic of having to quickly choose something I could eat from a pub menu for a meal out which wasn't planned. Then on Saturday night, I went out with my friends; cue a lot of vodka. On Sunday, I was feeling a bit dejected, and had a roast dinner. But overall, food isn't the issue, it's the bloody alcohol! I'm thinking it's going to have to be cut back to one night a week, using syns I've saved from the week.

Another reason is I'm the only one in the house who's doing SW, and as my dad and stepmum generally do the shopping and cooking, it can feel like a chore making sure there's food in that I can eat. However! My stepmum has said she wants to come to group with me, having lost a fair bit with SW in the past, and my dad would then get on board too, so that'd mean a lot more support and motivation from them :)

And the other main reason is I don't think I'm using my syns properly, and I was feeling a bit deprived. I think I'm still in the diet mindset, where it's wrong to eat treats, and I've been avoiding syns for that reason :( I'm going to try to have between 5 and 10 a day now though; hopefully it'll help to keep me on plan.

So, I'm going to WI tomorrow evening, although I'm not expecting a loss. I just want to get back on track now, and try to work through these things that are holding me back.

If you're still with me at this point, apologies for the essay! I just needed to sound off I think..

Back