From here to Eternally Slim

I think I might be a red day sort of person. Having done a few over the weekend I look like I am on for a good loss tonight. I have always suspected that carbs were the issue for me, I crave them something chronic when I am depressed, and I have LONG periods of depression, so you can see how the maths adds up.

I will know for sure when I weigh in tonight, but if thats the case, then I am going to focus on red and see what happens for a full week. That said, I will need to work out a good "red" style plan for when my friend HastalaVegan comes to stay for a week this thursday, that I can adapt for her, and still stay within red boundaries.

Pesty.. I wouldn't think of the last 2 days of going out of control, just more "trying to cope".Do only what you can, but don't let this plan become pressure, its the last thing you need right now.. and of course all of us lovelies will help you along the way too.

Just got back from the hospital after the fracture clinic this morn, said that the fracture is not a fracture, more like a chip of the bone.. so that is still there, but still have to take things easy.. However, no sling now, need to get the joint working and exercise it daily.. Been signed off for another 6 weeks, but really think I can be back in 2 if I do the exercises.

Feeling very sick today, had a bad tum all night, and a pain that keeps coming back with vengence every so often.. not sure why, but wondering if its all the pain killers I've been taking.. so managed fruit and yogurt for brekkie but can't bring myself to eat anything else yet..so water it will be for now. Gonna have a lie down and see if that settles it. x

Yes, sounds exactly like what I had. The first day was the worst, the second day it was still there but not quite as overwhelming and I was pretty much back to normal on the third day. Unfortunately the first day was the day MrLaMinx was driving to John O Groats and back and I had the kids all by myself. Fortunately, they chose to be extremely well behaved.

LOL.. they knew their mum needed to rest me thinks, kids are thoughffull at times. My OH don't have a sympathetic bone in his body, lol.. came back from clinic, had been doubled up all morn and feeling sick, so I lay down on the bed, and he asks why??? Goodness me.. Us women aren't allowed to be ill, lol.. x

I am quite lucky with my OH, I realise. I dont think he could be more supportive unless he moulded himself into the shape of a bra. (and I dont suppose he would much object to that either if it was possible! :8855:)

How are your family coping? And, indeed, other than the comfort eating, how are you coping?

Thank you all for your comments! Its really nice to know i can get all of the support i could want on here.

My family are a bit of mixed bag. My grandad has stopped taking his pain medication and refuses to attempt to get up (he hasnt been well), my grandma seems ok all things considered but i dont know if that's because it hasnt hit her yet or because she was ready for it (she told us yesterday she has already paid for her funeral and her plot)

My mum is trying not to break down but you can see it in her eyes that shes dying inside. My brother is ok, genuinely (he's only 10) When we found out i purposely didnt cry infront of him as when we found out about my dads cancer he broke down when i did saying that "if Jess is crying then its really bad" so he sat and asked me if "grandmas going to die of cancer or from just being old" bless him.

Im ok one minute and not the next - the not being ok tends to be when im left on my own to my own thoughts. Im more angry than anything although i dont know who with, this is obviously no-ones fault, i sort of feel a bit like someones punching bag at the minute although ive been hit so much im numb - random thing to say, i think im just rambling now.

Anyway thank you to everyone for your support, hopefully i will be able to be as supportive to all of you as you are being to me at the moment.

It is really appreciated.

xxx

LOL.. you are lucky MLM. Hey, just realised its 9 days to go for the challenge. Also, can report that the wholemeal roll has stopped the pains, so far anyway :).. so thats a happy me :D:D

Excellent. I survived most of the first day, if its the same bug, on mullers and cereal bars. Cereal bars seemed particularly good as painkillers... strangely.

I could eat normally the next day.

Unless something terrible has happened between me getting up this morning and going to weigh in tonight, I think I should crack the challenge tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments! Its really nice to know i can get all of the support i could want on here.

My family are a bit of mixed bag. My grandad has stopped taking his pain medication and refuses to attempt to get up (he hasnt been well), my grandma seems ok all things considered but i dont know if that's because it hasnt hit her yet or because she was ready for it (she told us yesterday she has already paid for her funeral and her plot)

My mum is trying not to break down but you can see it in her eyes that shes dying inside. My brother is ok, genuinely (he's only 10) When we found out i purposely didnt cry infront of him as when we found out about my dads cancer he broke down when i did saying that "if Jess is crying then its really bad" so he sat and asked me if "grandmas going to die of cancer or from just being old" bless him.

Im ok one minute and not the next - the not being ok tends to be when im left on my own to my own thoughts. Im more angry than anything although i dont know who with, this is obviously no-ones fault, i sort of feel a bit like someones punching bag at the minute although ive been hit so much im numb - random thing to say, i think im just rambling now.

Anyway thank you to everyone for your support, hopefully i will be able to be as supportive to all of you as you are being to me at the moment.

It is really appreciated.

xxx

Ramble all you like lovely, thats what we are here for. You are really coping very well, under the circumstances. Like Eternal said, dont turn SW into an additional pressure on your life at the moment, your quest to lose weight and be healthy can be of support to you, but dont let it give you a hard time when life is doing a fine job of that all by itself.

I found when my grandparents passed, that I ended up being a parent to my mother, a lot of the time, and it didnt really allow me to grieve for them myself, so when that time comes, make sure you do allow yourself to grieve and dont be overwhelmed by trying to be strong for everyone else. That applies just as much now as it will do when the inevitable eventually comes, and you may find you do much of your grieving now before she does eventually leave you.

It is no comfort to you now, I know, but I lost three of my grandparents within the space of six months, two of them ten days apart, and it really did knock me from pillar to post and back to the pillar and back to the post again for quite a while afterwards. But eventually, in time, things start to right themselves again and you do recover. Much like you have been this year, with your friend, and your dads illness and now this, you probably wont know which way is up for quite some time yet, but thats ok, just go with the flow, allow yourself to feel what you feel, be strong when you can, and dont try when you cant, and eventually a time will come where things settle back on to a more even keel.

(((hugs)))

hi all so was at the docs so thought id weigh today!
lost 1.6lbs i think

Cossing everything MLM. Good luck all Monday Weighers.

Pesty,its a tough time and we are here for you..

Tummy ache now gone, strangely enough.. But tummy is still gurgling like a good en!!

I have just booked myself and my son a holiday in October. My son goes into the Marines in Feb next year and really wanted to spend some "us" time before he went off and started doing his thing. Might be the last time we holiday together, as he'll be off with the Marines and his mates when he's 18.. So all booked. Spoke to OH last night and he understood. I can't get school hols off and his youngest is away in Oct with his grandparents too, and his eldest is off to Uni in Sep. This is where we will be going:

Image gallery

13-20th October we will be there. Just need to book transfers now.

Defrosted some meat for a BBQ tonight, as on Red Day and needed my "meat" for a good loss ;). So crossing all fingers and toes and hope that Red/GReen days have worked.

Hey eternal hun ive just been looking where your going it looks lovelyyyyy:D

your so lucky i so wanna go on hoilday but have to weight till sept 2011 once all this lard is off lol

how u getting on with the red and green days?

when do u get weighed?

Hi Tanny. Thanks hun.. it'll be nice to go away with my son before he goes off. £279 AI, for each of us and its a 5* package, so thought he deserved to be treated, as he worked so hard this year on his college coursework too. Hope I will be lighter then, lol.. Am away in Aug with OH's family, so I would think I'll spend the last week in Aug getting rid of the hol gain and then have a good month and half to get another stone off too.

WI is tomorrow at 9.30am, bitting my nails, lol.. Red/Green Days have been ok, but do forget to have all of my HEX's, mainly the A's.. but have done the week and finishing on a Red day as its a quicker loss, so I've been told.

Hows things going with you this week? x

Yeah not too bad i feel really bloated this week so i feel like i aint lost nowt:(
but im due on my * week so that proberly why!!

i really hope you do well on the red and green days i much prefer them!

have you been eating your strawberries this week? lol

i think im addicted to them now i eat so many of them.

Good luck for 2moro and let us no hoe much u have lost..:D

And.... I did it!!! -4lb and SOTW again. Which does mean that I am now -2.5lb on top of the challenge!! Will update everything properly later when i get home!!

Back