From here to Eternally Slim

Ooh, in other news I also got to help with the signing in this week! That was fun! And everyone got shouted at for not trying hard enough to lose weight :D

And by accident they sent me the curry book instead of family feasts, so I took it anyway, and reordered
the family feasts one. I don't mind, coz I was going to order that one next anyway!!

hi ladies - just back from holidays n weighted in this morning - i've put on 8 pounds in 10 days. know i can get it off again n back on plan from this morning. will catch up on posts 2mora.. nite xoxo

My weigh in is tomorrow, nervous as was away and "off" plan (although not gorging or anything off the sort) for a conference. Been on the plan the days i could so praying it's not a gain!

Congrats MLM!!!! Your having super losses - I don't understand the red/green days :-(

Hey Mylastchance! Welcome back! Glad you had a good holiday :D Someone in my group came back off holiday having been away for a week with an extra 10lb to show for it, so you did well better than him!

You will soon shift it off again, bet you have a really good loss next week when you have been back on plan for the full week!

Zombie, dont worry, if you do gain, you know why, and as with MLC, you will soon sort it out.

Lenlu, Red days are predominantly high on protein, meat, etc, and you cut the carbs right down and syn them if you use, I think, where as green are predominantly high carb and you cut the protein right down. Theres a good explanation in the sticky thread that helped me get the hang of it! You get two of each healthy extra per day tho, which is nice!

hi ladies - just back from holidays n weighted in this morning - i've put on 8 pounds in 10 days. know i can get it off again n back on plan from this morning. will catch up on posts 2mora.. nite xoxo

Welcome back - hope you had a good holiday :) I went to spain for 10 days too - weighed on my return and had put on 5lb - not done an official sw weigh though yet so not counting til weds when I get weighed, so will hopefully have lost a few by then!! Lovely lovely fresh baked bread - always been my downfall!!

Morning ladies, im just not feeling a loss this week! Been 100% but feel like i have alot of water rentention atm (end of star week). Id love to loose 2 pounds that would mean next stone bracket! I noticed something the other day since having sophie i now have fat on my upper belly (below boobs etc) and my ribs still hurt/ache. I had terribly bruised ribs as sophie was so far up in my ribcage, i never had a low bump nor did it drop. Im just wondering if loosing weight will help this and hope the fat will go from there to.

Emx

Mylstchance.. thats not too bad and it'll come off quick, you'll see. Good luck Emma and ZombieCake at WI.

Well, I lost 1lb.. thats switching from EE to Red/Green and made no flaiming difference. So back to EE this week and will still walk.

MLM.. wowwww, you've lost so much, I think you should share your secrets for your losses, lol.. Or we'll hold you to ransom!!

Good luck to all the Wed Weighers. x

LOL, I dont have any secrets. I dont drink, well, I drink or I would die, but not alcohol, unless its a very special occasion, I am sticking to the plan pretty much 100%, I use my syns for cereal bars generally, I have only had one day where I went over syns and that was only by 1 syn.

I eat a lot of salad, and fresh fruit. I always have at least one speed food per day, usually blackberries and strawberries. For breakfast I have a muller lite with a huge bowl of fresh fruit, and then either a cereal bar with it, or crumbled into it, if its a strawberry one. If I dont have the cereal bar with it, I have it mid morning as a snack. I walk pretty much everywhere I go, unless its too far to walk, which means anything beyond about 2 miles away. I walk to group and back every week, and do at least 2x10 minute walks a day either taking or picking up the girls from school, sometimes 3, if they are coming out at different times. Yesterday FE, I did 4, because I had to pick the baba up at 3 from preschool and then go back at 4.30 for the munchkin who had afterschool drama club. Because I dont drive, if I need anything from the local shops I walk there and back too, and sometimes do a little weight lifting with the shopping bags on the way home.

I have 4 meals a day, breakfast, lunch of some sort of salad and meat, or cous cous and tuna or egg, usually with a handful of cherry tomatoes, and then for tea I will do something like the KFC chicken or syn free sausages, or a bolognaise. At the moment I am trying to stick to red days, so have cut out a lot of carbs and I have found that the bloating I have been experiencing has gone down. The only carbs I am really having at the moment are the cereal bars.

I drink tea and coffee to use my HexA up, with skimmed milk, but rarely finish all my allowance. I probably have 3 or 4 cups of tea or coffee during the day, and apart from that its water or diet coke. I use my HexB on cereal bars too. To be honest, I am probably overdoing the cereal bars, but for a chocolate addict like me it is a blessing because I do feel like I have had a chocolate bar.

For supper, I usually crumble a choc fudge alpen into a toffee muller. It fills me up nicely and feels like I have eaten a Muller Corner.

Thats about it really. I am not doing excessive levels of exercise, although I will start to increase that, but I am happy with the amount I am doing at the moment. Lots of housework helps. And I seem to have remarkably high levels of housework to do at the moment :D

EF, considering your injury, the fact that you are losing anything at all is stunning. I would be lying flat on my back crying and feeling sorry for myself, but then I am a wuss. Oh, and PS, its Tuesday. So good luck to all the Tuesday weighers as well.

Thanks hun..I've even thought about doing a few days Red, then EE this week and maybe alternating them too. I rarely use all of my HEx's so I'm really having pretty much an EE day most days of last week. Hmmmmm :pcwhack: I do need to kick this good and proper for a 3lb loss next week. I could try and increase my walking I suppose, but walked about 8 miles this week, so.. heck i'd have to do at least 1.5 mile's a day!

I'm up for the challenge for 3lb next week, but need drastic measures to get there. LOL.. You are now un-kidnapped, :8855: x

Jut bringing the list forward, have updated mine and yours Rosie and MLM.. blimey it was pages away, lol:

Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday -1st 5.5lbs
RosiePeace - Monday -1st 8.5lbs
Cake - Monday -
Madferret - Monday -
Pesty - Monday -15.5lbs
Mylastchance - Tuesday -4.5lbs
Eternal - Tuesday -11lbs
Libra - Tuesday -4lbs
Welsheeyore - Tuesday -
xxtannyxx - Tuesday -14lbs
Charmed - Tuesday -8lbs
Zombiecakes Tuesday -8lbs
Jilly - Tuesday -8.5lbs
Imogensmummy - Tuesday -
Kelby - Tues -
Lunlu - Wednesday -2.5lbs
Emmaleone1984 - Wednesday -4lbs
Size16willdo - Wednesday -
CupcakeKatie - Wednesday -
Moomin - Wednesday -8lbs
xxlettyxx - Wednesday -3lbs
Bookworm1980 - Thursday -4lbs
Jude - Thursday -8lbs
Scanbran - Thursday -5.5lbs
10st10lbs -Thursday -8lbs
Kiltgirl - Thursday -12lbs
Lennis - Sunday -
StIvesLiz??
EmmaJay - 15lbs

Aplogies girls if I've missed off any updates. x

Last edited:
Funnily enough I was thinking about that and it was so long since I had seen it I forgot if we actually had one in this thread or just the challenge one.

This week I need 3.5lb to get club 10 and 1.5 to get 1 1/2 stone sticker. I reckon I am in with a chance of the latter but it might be another week till I get the former. If the pattern remains the same, I have had 1 rubbish week every 3 good weeks, so hopefully this will be my third good week and the rubbish week will be the week after. I say rubbish, it was still a loss, but not as significant a one as the other weeks.

As long as I stay on plan on Sunday when I go to Alton Towers, all that walking should help :D Im also doing a sponsored walk on Saturday with SW, but I have no sponsors and no sponsor form! And I am the only person from group going!

Anyway, must go and get the little one from preschool now, and might call in at that place I am not allowed to talk about on the way home to get something for lunch. :D

See you all a bit later!

Ramble all you like lovely, thats what we are here for. You are really coping very well, under the circumstances. Like Eternal said, dont turn SW into an additional pressure on your life at the moment, your quest to lose weight and be healthy can be of support to you, but dont let it give you a hard time when life is doing a fine job of that all by itself.

I found when my grandparents passed, that I ended up being a parent to my mother, a lot of the time, and it didnt really allow me to grieve for them myself, so when that time comes, make sure you do allow yourself to grieve and dont be overwhelmed by trying to be strong for everyone else. That applies just as much now as it will do when the inevitable eventually comes, and you may find you do much of your grieving now before she does eventually leave you.

It is no comfort to you now, I know, but I lost three of my grandparents within the space of six months, two of them ten days apart, and it really did knock me from pillar to post and back to the pillar and back to the post again for quite a while afterwards. But eventually, in time, things start to right themselves again and you do recover. Much like you have been this year, with your friend, and your dads illness and now this, you probably wont know which way is up for quite some time yet, but thats ok, just go with the flow, allow yourself to feel what you feel, be strong when you can, and dont try when you cant, and eventually a time will come where things settle back on to a more even keel.

(((hugs)))

So sorry to hear about your grand parents, horrible things happen in the world and it all seems to happen at once!!

I went to WI last night and only gained 1/2lb (and i needed a wee) so i was quite happy :) I was a bit irritated thou as we had to pay to WI in the car park as we couldnt get in to the hall so £4.95 and no password, no group therapy and no wee before WI!! I can get hold of the password from my con but still a bit annoying for £5!!

Well done MLM for you loss that's FANTASTIC!!

Im hoping for a good loss next week :) good luck to everyone else weighin xx

OMG, I cant believe you had to weigh in in the car park!!! Thats outrageous! You would have definitely had a STS or even a loss had you been able to go for a wee. "A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter!"

I wouldnt have paid for that, I would have started a small strike, or protest.

Hi everyone, been AWOL for a few days! (planned, had a wedding to go to! honest!)

I weighed in this morning and have STS. I am quite happy with that as I have had 3 days off plan completely and it is the dreaded * week. Hopefully see a loss next week.

Pesty - sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is a difficult time for you and all the family. I second what MLM has written. Allow yourself some time and to feel your emotions. Sending you a big (((HUG)))

Well done on the -4lb MLM, thats a great result.

Mylastchance - don't worry about the gain, it will soon be off. Most important thing is that you have enjoyed your holiday. Can't wait for mine!

Speaking of holidays, that looks lovely Eternal. I love Greece and would really like to go back, maybe next year! Never been to Corfu but I have heard so many lovely reports. I hope you have a wonderful time with your Son.

OMG, I cant believe you had to weigh in in the car park!!! Thats outrageous! You would have definitely had a STS or even a loss had you been able to go for a wee. "A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter!"

I wouldnt have paid for that, I would have started a small strike, or protest.

I know!! I might have a word with my C! She wont have to pay for the hall so i dont see why we should all have to have paid to WI!!! Also if i have a good loss next week i wont be elegable for SOTW which is a bit annoying!! xx

Hi everyone, been AWOL for a few days! (planned, had a wedding to go to! honest!)

I weighed in this morning and have STS. I am quite happy with that as I have had 3 days off plan completely and it is the dreaded * week. Hopefully see a loss next week.

Pesty - sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is a difficult time for you and all the family. I second what MLM has written. Allow yourself some time and to feel your emotions. Sending you a big (((HUG)))

Hi Libra - well done on your STS!

Thanks for your hugs! Im just trying to stay positive and hoping that the radio therapy will do something, until that bit of hope has gone i have to stay strong. My nan has gone to have her mask fitted today for the radiology and will be getting a stair lift fitted in the house tomorrow. Ive offered to go round on thursday and make us all a nice dinner :) xx

Back