From here to Eternally Slim

Ahhh what a pain pesty, after you have waited all this time anyway. I wouldcall them back and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, they can often do more than call centre workers. You have to really fight your corner, it's crap that you do but it's a pain. I would also launch an official complaint with barclays due to the problems it has caused you, as even though it's taken off record now it has consequences. I hope you sort something out x

I'm fine, doing ok here, but I am starting to get bored of some meals now, had salad lunch for weeks and weeks now and I am so bored of it now, so looking for more lunch ideas. Might look for some pasta meals I can make and refrigerate, anyone have a good tuna bake recipe?

I'm off to a wedding this weekend then the father in laws 60th birthday on Sunday so having a buffet, going to try and be good but have done minimal sums this week to save some.

Also considering a fishy week, might try it week after next so will be good to see your diary eternal :)

Ahh crossed posts, glad they are reviewing it pesty :)

Good luck girl!!!

Ahhh what a pain pesty, after you have waited all this time anyway. I wouldcall them back and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, they can often do more than call centre workers. You have to really fight your corner, it's crap that you do but it's a pain. I would also launch an official complaint with barclays due to the problems it has caused you, as even though it's taken off record now it has consequences. I hope you sort something out x

I'm fine, doing ok here, but I am starting to get bored of some meals now, had salad lunch for weeks and weeks now and I am so bored of it now, so looking for more lunch ideas. Might look for some pasta meals I can make and refrigerate, anyone have a good tuna bake recipe?

I'm off to a wedding this weekend then the father in laws 60th birthday on Sunday so having a buffet, going to try and be good but have done minimal sums this week to save some.

Also considering a fishy week, might try it week after next so will be good to see your diary eternal :)

Hey Lenlu!

Hope you have fun this weekend!! It sounds like your really busy!!

I switched to a red week this week and have had a sandwich everyday for work :) i got so bored of salad everyday and now that i have an extra B i can have sandwiches without feeling like its a waste!!

I've had ham salad, chicken salad, today i had tuna dn cucumber! Hope you think of something inspiring hun! What days do you do? xx

hi everyone.. im back.. god ive missed you's all. :)

for all you's that remember my wee problem, well i ended up in hospital in utterly agony. they kept me in for 4 days. had a bad infection in my colon. they give me a course of steroids and my golly they didnt have bloat me out. put on 10lbs :(

but im feeling great now everythings back to normal and im back on plan 100%, have to work hard get the extra pounds off before starting again on my weightloss journey.

havent had time to read through all the posts.. way to many so hope everyones doing well and well done to everyone that has lost over the 3 weeks ive been away.

rant.gif
Oh Pesty, how dare they do that to you hun. I hope you give them a good, old pasting :rant2:and don't let them get away with it. If Abbey have got any sense they will see it wasn't your fault and proceed with the mortgage. If they do not, I would take Barclaycard for everything they have got. I am a bit like you and I won't back down. Even if they hang up on me, I'll hit re-dial!
I hope it works out for you hun xxx

Nice to see you back Jilly. Sorry to hear you have not been well. Priority is though that you are back fighting fit, I am sure after you get back into SW that 10lbs will soon be off.

RP - Glad you have got things off your chest. It must have been a huge relief. I don't think it is a bad idea to take until January before you make a decision about leaving or not. Perhaps it would be useful to come up with things you are unhappy about in the relationship and things you would like to improve on. Perhaps your OH will then try and change things. Even if it doesn't work out for you, you will have given it your best shot. Well done you 3lb loss too.

KatKit - I know how you feel about energy companies. I got a bill for 800 pounds from EDF for electricity. We already pay 120 per month so this on top of that! Considering it is summer and we have no heating on I find it really difficult that we can run up such a bill. To top it off they wrote to me saying they wanted to change the meter which leads me think the meter is faulty but they won't have it and want paying! :banghead:

Scanbran, take no notice of old scowl face! It might be her turn to put on next week. Why is that some people are like that? Thank god we are not like that on minimins! I am glad you enjoyed your cruise and the 3lb will come off soon enough. You never know you might be SOTW next week and wipe the smirk right off her face!

God, I sound really violent today! I think I better channel my pent up frustration into my aquafit lesson tonight!

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks Libra sounds like you need your Meter checking same as me! I cannot see how you/we can use all that electricity up. They have given me this thing to plug in and clip or something onto the wire so that when something is turn on we can see ow much electricity its using but the plug is outside the cupboard where the Meter is and knowning me I'll probably trip over it.

They are coming next friday to test it - if no fault found then I have to pay a fee £58.25 if its faulty then I don't have to pay.....

Let you know how I get on with this.

Hope evryone has a good weekend..

Kats:):):):):):)

Libra and KitKat - I really hope that they sort out your electric bills - could you not go for prepaid once this is sorted - that's what I use, means I know roughly ow much I'm using each month and if it goes up for any reason I can find out what the problem is hopefully (it hasn't happened yet)

Pesty - I so hope that you get things sorted with Abbey and don't lose the flat over this stupid mistake of Barclaycard - they really are the pits! Fingers crossed that Abbey will give you the mortgage now.

Jilly - am so glad to see you back and feeling fighting fit - you will soon lose the weight you have put on I'm sure.

Scanbran - I think that a 3lb gain after a cruise is fab - i'd have put on at least 7lbs :) You will soon lose that after being back on plan for a couple of days.

EF - hope you get the work done that you need to get done.

Thank you again guys for thinking of me yesterday - it really did help :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm about to lose the responsibility of two other houses and two dogs - which I've been looking after for two weeks - along with the hubby and son :) So will be glad that things can get back to normal.
Dad is going to be doing lunch on Sunday so that will be an EE day but will be nice to have a meal cooked for me.

Oh yeah Balamory!!!
We have a caravan in the scottish borders and its so beautiful and luckily for us only an hour and a halfs drive from home x

We also have a caravan in the Borders and there are a lot of people from Sunderland and Newcastle on there I don't suppose you are one of them. It is in Kelso. Unfortunately it takes us 4 hours to get there :(

Morning all!

Me and sleep seem destined not to be friends this week!! I haven't had one decent nights sleep all week, last night being the worst so far, due to two unhappy little ones wanting to sleep with mummy, so Daddy decamped to the couch and I spent the night being a comfort blanket to two very wriggly girls.

So tired today!! But quite happy because I am already 2lb down on the week so far and I don't weigh in till Monday and I only started fish week yesterday!! Not going to weigh again till weigh in on Monday, as I know I am going to post a decent loss after missing last weeks WI. I think I will continue fish week for a full week between WIs though, both to see what effect it has and because I am learning a lot about what fish I like! I have always avoided fish other than tuna and cod and prawns, so this week will be a good test and fun for experimental cookery. I think I am going to also do it as a red week, to maximise the losses. I feel physically a lot cleaner and brighter the less carbs I consume, and i know they are my weakness and the main contributor to my weight gain, so if I keep them down to a little and not so often option then I can only feel better for it.

Welcome back Jilly! Hope you are now feeling much better!

Good afternoon

Busy night at work, and went straight to the gym this morning, then shopping at Tesco.

Quite tired as well, as never seem to sleep when I'm working nights even though I have a bed, I'm constantly listening out for my client incase there is a problem. Will be the same I expect tonight and tomorrow night too, so will catch up on my beauty sleep Monday eve.

MLM, can you hubbie take your girls out to the park so you can get a nap? Might help..

Got a fair bit of fish for the fish week as well MLM. Good news on the loss already, hope that works for me, lol.

I saw my line manger at work last night, not seen for 6 weeks, and he mentioned that I'd lost a lot of weight and could see it too. I do believe my arms and legs are begining to become more toned since gone back to the gym and swimming, or that could be my imagination as it seems too quick for it to work like that. Only been back now for 1.5 weeks.

Rosie, yes got quite a lot done yesterday and a bit more to do today. Hope that will make me up to date then in time for my assessor to check it on Monday.
Have a wonderful day xxx

Afternoon Eternal!! Hubby has had the kids all morning and I have slept so feel a bit better. It's a great feeling when people start to notice the difference in you, isn't it?

Of course the exercise will be making a difference!! I need to start doing something about the bingo wings, I bought a couple of wrist weights super cheap in sainsburys, just need to remember to put them on!

It was really nice to hear and has motivated me on further. Got my fish week meals planned MLM and I'm doing mainly red with 2 EE days as I'm going to my friends for 2 days next Friday and that way I have more options.

I've only been doing the exercise for 10 days now, plus swiming, and didn't expect any change yet. Had resigned myself this morning to feeling slim when its Christmas. I'll be at goal by then hopefully and be nice to get a nice little black dress :).

There is a good exercise you can do at home with your arms. Even using a full water bottle. Hold the bottle in both hands and reach it above your head, bring down your arms so they bend in a backwards movement and squeeze your arms while you do it. Plus another I do at the gym, is standing straight, small hand weight (or baked beans tin, lol) in each hand and push your arms back behind you and squeeze them together in a pulsing movement. Good exercise and you can do that anywhere. They say that the lower the weight and more reps you do of it, is better to tone then build muscle. Don't wanna be Sinbad the sailor ;) x

Lo!

Did put the wrist weights on for a bit yesterday and will do so again today. Feel even more tired today than I did yesterday!

The good news however is that the scales are still dropping. The shows not over till the fat lady gets on the scales at weigh in tomorrow but put it this way, if I hadnt taken a holiday last week SOTW would have been in the bag already. I am really glad about this though. I dont really like the fuss. Its nice to know I am doing very well with the plan and the occasional bit of recognition is good but hopefully others will take up the challenge and I wont be the focus so much.

There *might* be a new shiny in tomorrows weigh in for me though. :D

Morning all, hope you are all feeling well.

Well done on the pre-WI MLM, it sounds like you have had a very successful week. :cross: for the new shiny tomorrow.

EF, it's great when people comment on your new figure. It does give such a confidence boost. I saw someone that I hadn't seen for around 12 months and she didn't recognise me!

Party in the park yesterday in my village and today off to the neighbouring village's carnival, so hoping the weather is going to stay dry. Busy weekend, I really wanted to get some decorating done but this might have to wait until next week now. Every room I look in needs something doing to it and I am getting frustrated with it all!

Had a sneaky WI in this morning, don't think I am going to get a loss this week. I have STS but it is * week so I will not be too disappointed if this is the same on Tuesday's WI.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend whatever their plans xxx

Hi everyone

MLM, I think it sounds as if you will have a big loss this week :)

Libra, it was really nice and that must have made you feel fantastic too hearing that from somoene who hadn't seen for you 12 months :)

Off to my Mum's get together for her birthday which was on Thursday. We're meeting over a big park not far from here with all of my family. Have packed a picnic, and really meant to make some SW kfc strips, but had no time and and ended up just cooking 7 southern fried ones, which I'll only have 1 of, and I would have usually made lots of sandwiches, but made myself one ham small roll with lots of carrot and celery battons, plus a cpl of alpen bars and fresh fruit. Put things in there for the kids too but will stay away from that ;).

Was gonna go to the gym this morn straight from work, but the day carer came in at 7am to take over (usually 8am) and I was soo tired, came home and caught up on some tv bits I'd recorded from sky. Then finished off my assignment and hey.. time flies, so will make sure I get my body magic over the park. We usually play rounders etc and its a huge park to walk around. Where as I am usually the one who just sits and chats, I'll be up and join in this time, as feel much more fitter since loosing weight.

Well, its my first WI tomorrow night for an eve wi since I fractured my arm, so not gonna eat much before I get weighed as know we all put on weight in the day compared to that first wi in the morn. Fingers crossed and then its my fish week from tues.

Hope you all have a fab day xxx

EF the exercises you described sound a lot like Callanetics. To be honest if you can find the DVD they are worth a look. There is a 20min workout that Callan does which is excellent. If you do it about an hour before bed it really helps the muscles to stretch out and relax. I found it helped me to sleep a lot better.

MLM if the wrist weights you have are big enough, you could try placing them around your ankles and just do your normal daily routine. I did this when I had to rebuild my left leg muscles after being in plaster for 9 weeks. It works really well and after a while you don't even notice, except if you have to break into a run. Its amazing how quickly it can help you shape your legs and bum.:)

Yes, Lennis, they are designed for both, so I can do that :D

Am quite pleased with myself today, have done all the ironing, prepared a curry for tonight, done a bit of cleaning, got most of the little ones packed lunch ready for tomorrow (all except the sandwich, which I will do last thing tonight) and am sitting down for 10 minutes sneezing, apparently, darn those spices! but 10 minutes R&R before I bath the kids and put the tea on.

Considering how knackered I am feeling, thats a remarkably productive session so far!

I know what you mean. So far today, I prepped the chicken for dinner (skinned and de-boned to leave breast), its now cooking so need to do veg soon. Used the bones for stock and made avgolemono soup (Free). Took the leg, thigh and any other meat I could remove from the carcass, sliced it and made EE meals for the freezer, provenacal chicken and spicy mexican chicken with beans (both Free).

Put more washing on and hung it up, I swear the stuff breeds when I'm not looking. Just finished putting things away from the dishwasher and now I'm boxing up the meals for the freezer.

Plus DH is currently lying in bed with a cold. I swear he thinks the world is coming to an end!!:p

Back