From here to Eternally Slim

Its a greek soup made with rice, eggs and lemon. Its really easy.

Boil chicken bones in lightly salted water. Removing any scum that rises to the surface.

Remove chicken bones, carcass (keep them, you will have to strip any remaining chicken from them).

To make it even lower in fat, let liquor cool and skim off any white solids on the top. Too be honest if you don't put any skin in to boil the fat remaining is not worth worrying about.

Bring to the boil and add 2 cups of rice, cook as normal.

When the rice is ready, add chicken meat removed from the carcass, and then stir into the soup on a low heat 1 egg with the juice of one lemon beaten into it, or to taste ( i like lemon so I added the juice of 2)

Beat another egg, then stir this in. This gives you the eggy strands that you see throughout chinese soups. Enjoy.

It freezes really well, and when you reheat you can spin it out a bit more by adding some boiled rice and extra liquid.

I keep extra bags of pre-boiled rice in the freezer, especially for when I'm on a spicy food kick. See my freezer, spicy central!!:D

hi all, well was in scotland for 2 days this week and hopefully have not gained too much whilst away. Was at a course and feedback session from some project but came away v dissapointed and generally down again....

Was ok yesterdaty and have had my syns today. Back on it properly tomorrow. still a bit down but hey cest la vie. Got to try to look on the brighter side of life lol

Awww. (((Ronnie))).

Just stop for a minute. Look at that ticker. Look how far you have come. You have about a stone and a half to go to your goal. You have already lost over 2 stone. HOW FANTASTIC ARE YOU!!!

A couple of days here and there will make NO difference overall to you getting to your goal. HOWEVER, feeling down and upset CAN have a significant effect because your brain starts to think that all those things you should only have small amounts of, are the things it wants most in the world.

Look at how far you have already come. The rest of the way will have ups and downs, much as the first part have, but as long as you KNOW where you are going, it really doesnt matter how long it takes to get there! You WILL get there. You just have to know it in yourself.

thank you mlm, i did set myself a goal to get to target the week before last - i decided to do it by my birthday, then hada mini freak out that it meant i needed to lose 2.5 a week roughly every week for 9 weeks and my head said woh there and i put on 2 last week oops

i then said to my c will hope to be at target by 13 november (2 years after starting) as i think thats more doable. Just need to sort my emotional head out now. Still sneaky smoking but thats the least of my worries. not happy at work and nothing i can do about it at the moment so go out to relieve the stress by having a fag.

At least I can come on here and know i have some friends (apart from oh) that i can turn to.......

sorry feeling sorry for myself again. thank you all for being supportive. its not just the diet its the journey to get there thats important. I need to start liking myself again just on a down day thats all (i hope)

Yeah, sorting out your emotional head is crucial. Try and make sure that when you close the door on work each day, you leave the issues behind in the workplace. Easier said than done at times, I know, but vital to give you that space you need to just be yourself and not be controlled by the unhappiness your work is causing you.

We all have down days, hell, I have down months and years!! But we get through them, because we have to, and because we know that they wont all be like that :)

(((((HUG)))))

Ronnie, MLM is right. You have come so far and need to congratulate yourself on what you have achieved. YOU HAVE DONE BRILLIANTLY.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the situation at work? It's easier said than done, but try not to let it get you down.

You have so much to be positive about and to love yourself for. We all need reminding every once in a while about our good qualities, so how about we all name 5 things that we like about ourselves?.....

5???!!!???

Can we maybe have that as next months challenge??? :8855:

Jeez...

Ok, here goes.

1) I like the fact that I can throw loads of things in a pan and as a general rule, they dont end up tasting diabolical.

2) I like the fact that despite the fact that a fair proportion of my life has involved crappy events and crappy treatment by others, I still retain a sense of humour and I have never been completely broken down by it, and that it gives me a depth of empathy with others who have been the same and experienced unpleasant parts of their lives.

3) I like the back of my neck. I cant see it, therefore its perfect.

4) I like being able to get things off tall shelves for little old ladies in shops who cant reach.

5) I like the fact that I am thoughtful and respectful of others.

Wish - Monday -
Madamelaminx - Monday -1st 10.5lbs
RosiePeace - Monday -1st 12.5lbs

Cake - Monday -
Pesty - Monday -18.5lbs
JannerinGeordieland - Monday - 3.5lb
RonnieJacobs - Monday - 0.5
Mylastchance - Tuesday -4.5lbs
Eternal - Tuesday -16.5lbs
Libra - Tuesday -7lbs
Welsheeyore - Tuesday -
xxtannyxx - Tuesday -23.5lbs
Charmed - Tuesday -8lbs
Zombiecakes Tuesday -9.5lbs
Jilly - Tuesday -8.5lbs
Imogensmummy - Tuesday -
Kelby - Tuesday
Donnajt- Tuesday
Lunlu - Wednesday - 18.5lbs
Emmaleone1984 - Wednesday -4lbs
Size16willdo - Wednesday -
CupcakeKatie - Wednesday -
Moomin - Wednesday -8lbs
xxlettyxx - Wednesday -3lbs
Scuba_ann Wednesday
Bookworm1980 - Thursday -7lbs
Jude - Thursday -10lbs
Scanbran - Thursday -8.5lbs
10st10lbs -Thursday -8lbs
Kiltgirl - Thursday -13lbs
Betsy - Thursday -14.5lbs
Lennis - Sunday -
KatKit - Saturday +1
StIvesLiz??
EmmaJay - 15lbs

just adding my half pound loss this week, i've slowed down a lot and struggle without my cookbooks

5???!!!???

Can we maybe have that as next months challenge??? :8855:
MLM, I only "know" you from the internet and I can think of at least another 20 positive things about you.

Ok, my list:
1. I am a fighter, I don't let life drag me down despite what it throws at me.

2. I am considerate.

3. I am not scared to try new things, top of the to do list is jumping out of a plane and zorbing!

4. I am passionate about things I believe in.

5. I am loyal and trustworthy.

That took some thinking! But made me realise that although I am a few stones heavier than I ought to be, I still have positives.:)

Aww, thats a lovely thing to say! But we are all our own worst critics, and I tend to assume everyone else is much better than me at most things because I have spent so long being an emotional mess. Anyhoo, good idea for a discussion topic.

Aww, thats a lovely thing to say!
Its true MLM. You have so many positives. Ask your OH to come up with a list of 5 positives about you. I'll bet he has difficulty stopping at 5 xxx

I have another thing to add to my list:

6. I am honest.

Morning everyone,
Not much sleep last night, so will be walking around in a fog for most of the day I am sure! Off to Nottingham for another meeting. Planning a big Deaf Awareness event to be held in October and it is taking a lot of organising. We are getting to the final stages now so its all in the detail. Hope I can manage to stay awake!
sleep1.gif

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to the Monday weighers xxx

Last edited:
hi girls and guys

Late with coming in today, work is just so busy. Not having a great time at home, with OH and feeling really low at the moment, so not been eating that much, which might not be a bad thing re WI tonight.
Not sure I'll be living there much longer, its got to the state where we are arguing and not agreeing on anything, holiday looming and he don't want to talk and sort things out away from the home. I'd rather not involve the kids in arguments, he's the other way and thinks they should know.. Hey ho.. better get a good WI tonight, lol..

Will update probably tomorrow, as taking my son to the gym with me after WI with re the atmosphere at home, will be better me thinks.

Will catch up on everyone tomorrow, good luck to all Monday WI's today :) xxx

Boooo stupid totm arrived today (ouch, hope they settle down soon). Feeling bloated and icky and now WI won't be fantastic. I so wanted my stone award (was v close) before weekend away! Ah wells.

How's everyone?

Im really good ty. Got my 2st sticker tonight with a 5lb loss, which I am VERY happy with. This week I am going to attempt, for my sins, a scan bran challenge, a full fish week (did half a week before this weeks WI) and to stick with the increased water. I think my consultant is hoping the Scan Bran challenge produces massive results, shes threatening to bring an entire box of them in next week if I get good results with it coz last time someone did that in a different group the consultant sold out of Scan Bran!!

One of the girls at group today asked me if I posted on Minimins XD Busted!!

*hugs* eternal - I hope you and your OH can sort things out without involving the kids too much. I do know how you feel. Hope you have a great WI to make up for everything hun - remember we are all here to listen and help out if we can.

MLM great loss hun and congrats on the 2 stone award :)

Zombiecakes - I hope TOTM doesn't affect your WI :)

Libra - great idea about the 5 positives - was a fab idea hun - i'll have a think about mine and post it in a while - can't think right now :)

*hugs* to anyone else who is having a hard time at the moment

Well go you, MLM! You've done so amazingly with your weight loss in this space of time! <3

I don't know how everyone is coping doing fishy weeks :p
I've got scanbran sat staring at me in the cupboard but i can't quite bring myself to open the packet! :D

EF - Oh hun, sorry to hear you are having a tough time of it at the moment. If you need to offload we are all here for you. I hope you manage to get some resolution. On a positive note though I hope WI is really successful for you xxx

ZC - Dreaded TOTM here for me too. WI tomorrow I am expecting to STS, I can live with that I suppose but really wanted to get to the 12's but this may have to wait for another week or two. Seriously, if my TOTM vanished tomorrow and never came back I would be a happy bunny!

MLM -
well-done-smiley.gif
5lb loss and a 2st shiny, fantastic result. You must be really chuffed - and deservedly so xxx

RP - Thanks hun xxx :)

Wondering where Pesty is? (Hope things have gone ok with the mortgage)

Back