From here to Eternally Slim

I got a coil fitted a few months ago, so now totm are a horror (i'm assured they get better, and i love the coil otherwise :D )!

They have never been regular, or on time, yet the last few have been! I think they're starting to "tick" (i used to loathe children) damn them !!

Just the scales were showing a decent loss. Hope it won't make a difference but i think that is wishful thinking as my trousers are v snug today! Booo :p

ZC - Is that the mirena (sp?!) coil? My TOTM have always been so heavy and can go on for up to 10 days. My GP recommended the coil to help but I am undecided on whether to go with this or not. I did think as I lost weight they would get better. Another GP "its because you're fat" excuse...but I have lost 4 stone nearly in total now and they are WORSE!

I have the mirena coil, its fab. I had a bit of splodgy spotting at the start but virtually NOTHING since, although its coming to the end of its natural life now, so I will have to go get it replaced at some point in the next 12 months.

I dont think it totally eliminates the whole PMT aspect of things, but it certainly cuts down on the mess!

No, i have the hormone free one (Minera has hormones) as i suffer with high blood pressure (always have, even when slim, apparently it's genetic) so i can't have hormone contraceptives. Plus they put my depression into overdrive.

Minera has small levels of hormones in it, so it will eventually stop your periods. I didn't like the sound of this anyway, since if you're using a "barrierless" contraceptive surely periods are a good indicator that it's not failed and you've become pregnant? How would you know until you were quite pregnant?! Just didn't appeal to my health or my head.

MLM, sounds like it could be good for me possibly. Will have to discuss with GP again, it's been a while. Not to get too graphic or TMI, but when you have to use night time towels and tampax super plus together something isn't right.

ZC, I didn't know there was a hormone free one I will discuss the options with GP then and see what they say. I suffer with low blood pressure to the point that if I get up quickly I lose my vision and feel like I am going to pass out. Again, this is worsening with the weight loss?!

Doesn't nec. mean anything is wrong, some ppl just get really heavy periods (i'm one) that last a while. However that does sound A LOT! What does the Dr say about that?

ZC, I didn't know there was a hormone free one I will discuss the options with GP then and see what they say. I suffer with low blood pressure to the point that if I get up quickly I lose my vision and feel like I am going to pass out. Again, this is worsening with the weight loss?!

I'm not sure you'd like it. Side effects are heavier and longer periods for an indefinite period of time. Whereas the Minera one will (hopefully) get rid of periods.

Low bp is alright for the hormone contraceptives. Just high BP can lead to all sorts of complications such as blood clots etc

I am on my 3rd mirena, had last 2 taken out to try for my 2 children - I think they are fantastic!!! No pain or periods at all with last ones, this one is being a pain though, been in since april and still having periods gggrrrrr!!! At least this month no pain so hopefully starting to work!!!

What does the Dr say about that?
The usual..its because you're fat! Admittedly I haven't been for a while and I am considerably slimmer than I was so they may take some more notice of me. They did offer me the coil though but I didn't want to go ahead at that point. Mostly due to the fact that I didn't want anyone to see me without clothes on! Being a size 22 I was very conscious of that. I still don't particularly like that sort of thing but now at size 16 I am a bit more confident than I was.
I will have about 7 days of v.heavy bleeding and suffer with quite a few clots too. Not pleasant and as I work in the community I hate going to work if I am on TOTM. I am dreading the day when I get up from some OAP's white sofa and well, you guessed it! Worst nightmare ever!

I'd go now you're slimmer and see what they can do for you!!

Definitely will go. Will wait for this TOTM to be over and book in to see the female GP. Thanks for all the advice xxx

OK got to vent, just munched my way through an entire 100g bar of white choc. Pi**ing yobs. Looks like I'm calling the council tomorrow about anti-social behavior, am sure thats going to provide me with a lot of help NOT. Police were absolutely no effing use either aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:) :)

I'm trying to catch up on my crochet, but i keep ending up browsing Minimins ><

ZC - Wish I could crochet, I can't knit, sew or do anything useful like that. A neighbour bought my little girl a child's knitting machine, supposed to be really easy, and I couldn't even work that! :D

There's a wall between my garden and a meeting hall next door. People play football in there every evening, which to be honest I have no problem with. Its fun, healthy and they get to hang out with their mates. The problem is the yobby ones, earlier today they were sat on the wall looking into my garden. This doesn't bother me, however when they saw me in the kitchen they started throwing things at my window when my back was turned. I didn't go out as I have had run ins with these ones before and I don't particularly like being sworn at, plus my husband is working away at the moment and I'm all alone in the house. Not a nice feeling, then they started running up and down the path at the side of my house, took my daughters scooter, trashed that. And then started smoking spliffs behind my garage. Rang the police told them what was happening and got given the number for the anti-social unit, useful eh!!

Awww Lennis, I am sorry you didnt get more support. Some young people can be absolute morons. I say some, because most of them are perfectly normal human beings, but some can be total idiots. It is important to feel safe in your own home. I would give the anti-social unit a call anyway, they have caused criminal damage to your daughters scooter, and it may help you to feel a bit safer if the authorities showed their faces round your way at that time in the evening and made their presence felt a bit more.

(((hugs)))

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. To be honest I just wish they would leave us alone. There is CCTV across the way so I may also pay the meeting hall a visit and see what they have to say, after all they are on their land. They will probably deny any involvement with them, which is true, however the problem comes from their side. Not a 100% sure how to go about it to be honest. We have really only just moved here and I don't want to turn this into a war, especially with the schools breaking up soon for the holidays. Which means they are going to be playing football there a lot during the day and not just the evening.

Back