From here to Eternally Slim

Lennis, it's a shame the police didn't take more action but it's worth giving the AS unit a try. They can be really good, and if the kids are known to them that will add more weight to it. Whereabouts do you live Lennis? This sort of thing seems to be commonplace in society today but it is the minority spoiling it for the majority. Its a shame really but working for Social Services myself I can see why some of the kids end up the way they do unfortunately. Luckily I work with older people the majority of the time but have had to visit my share of so called problem families too.

Hope you can get things sorted out x

I think some of them are known to the police already, lets hope the cameras were on. But it is a no win situation, react to it and they win because they have upset you and you get have a load of abuse shouted at you. Ignore it and they think they can have free reign to do what they want because you can't stop or won't stop them. I am going to be the only person in this house for most of the next 6 weeks with my husband working away and my children on holiday with their grandmother. I really don't want to have to run a gauntlet every time I step out of either my front or back door.

That's the problem isn't it, how do you deal with them? As you say, go out and get shirty with them they will probably just step it up. Don't do anything and they think they can walk all over you. It's a fine line. If you complain to their parents some are just as bad as the kids, sometimes worse than the kids. It's hard to know what to do for the best, but I think if it has progressed to damaging your proerty it is best to act on it.

If these kids are known to the police already they may already have ASBO's. They can maybe incorporate into this an exclusion zone around your property? Are any of your neighbours having similar problems with them? It would be helpful if a few people complain together, you may get more action taken. I hope you get some helpful advice from the AS unit. Let us know how you get on.

Aww Lennis ((hugs)) Libra is right some teenagers are just idiots!!
There are a group of lads/girls in everyones area who are like it, its a shame that they probably dont even realise the fear that they put into people! We have pation doors at the back of our house which lead onto garages, one youth actually took the time to climb the fence and stand at the door in the dark with there face right up at the window. My little brother found him and is too scared still to go downstairs alone, even though they moved away in the end. We have a green outside the front of our house which they all use to play on. They hit tennis balls, baseballs and footballs at the house before now, break all the flowers in the garden. Like i say they've moved away. We now have children my brothers age that play out the front and pick on him! There will always be a problem group and its really hard to know how to deal with them, all i can offer is hugs and sympathise!!

After 2 weeks STS i finally had a loss last night:bliss:
2lbs off for me and only 1/2lb to go until my 1.5 stone award!!

Good luck to weighers today! xx

Hi ladies, i really need to make a conscious effort to post more. It might help me to stop falling off the bandwagon everyday. I wish I could stick with it! In the 9 weeks ive been doing sw ive lost 9 pounds, some people loose 2 stone and dont mess around. I dont want to be fat forever. I think i need some ideas/help. I return to work on the 2nd august after nearly a year off. I will be working 8.30-1.30 and I am not entitled to a lunchbreak. By the time ive picked sophie up it will be 2pm. What should i do about lunch? I normally end up reaching for soemthing naughty and dont want to do this anymore. I know im only cheating myself, If i wasnt so tired Im sure I would have more motivation. I know other mums loose weight so wht cant I? Sorry for the moan xx

Hi ladies, i really need to make a conscious effort to post more. It might help me to stop falling off the bandwagon everyday. I wish I could stick with it! In the 9 weeks ive been doing sw ive lost 9 pounds, some people loose 2 stone and dont mess around. I dont want to be fat forever. I think i need some ideas/help. I return to work on the 2nd august after nearly a year off. I will be working 8.30-1.30 and I am not entitled to a lunchbreak. By the time ive picked sophie up it will be 2pm. What should i do about lunch? I normally end up reaching for soemthing naughty and dont want to do this anymore. I know im only cheating myself, If i wasnt so tired Im sure I would have more motivation. I know other mums loose weight so wht cant I? Sorry for the moan xx

Hi Emma,

The first thing that you need to do is stop comparing yourself to others, some people do loose a stone in 9 weeks but everyone is different. I have stayed on plan since i started (apart from one week in Spain) and i am 1/2lb away from losing 1.5 stone in 6 months (20.5lbs in 25 weeks).

The average weight loss SW expect is 1-2lb a week so you are very much on track with 9lbs in 9 weeks.

My suggestions for lunch would be take something in. Even something as simple as a sandwich to take in with you (2 slices from a 400g loaf of wholemeal bread is 1 B choice) to eat at your desk. If your customer facing i would suggest eating it on the way home. My other thought would be to have something picky ready at home that you can munch whilst getting dinner ready (low syn or free) ie fruit (free), fish sticks (free), 2 alpen light bars (B or 3 syns each), ryvita minis (B), muller lights (free) that way when you do go for something when you get in it wont be something to feel guilty about.

Hope this helps huni, good luck going back to work and getting back on track xx

Last edited:
Morning everyone

Thanks so much for all of you lovely words yesterday. OH didn't want to resolve anything last night, when I suggested we go out, away from the kids but he said he'd do it in a few days when things settle. To me, that felt like he wasn't bothered, how can things possible settle when the atmosphere is bad? Anyway, I took myself out to Water Aerobics and my son with me, he chose to do that as well, lol.. and he enjoyed it, he could have gone into the gym, but wanted to give that a try. Bless. Went to WI before that and got 2.5lb loss :). Now to start my fish week. Got Prawn wholemeal roll for lunch with half a cucumber to munch on too and a small pack of mixed fruit to go with it, on Red Day.

I need to go back and read the thread and losses. Well done MLM on gettting your 2stone award, thats just fantastic.Pesty, hope you are ok, not seen any posts from you hun. Will catch up on the posts and will update in a bit. xx

Thanks for the hugs guys:). I really appreciate it. I went around to the hall this morning after speaking to the Anti-social unit, there going to send me a log, Oh joy!! Anyway I can't get last nights CCTV footage as they are only able to give it to the police however, they will keep a copy of my incident on tape as well as their own. It seems the louts did £300 worth of damage to their property last night so they also will be talking to the police. Isn't it nice to know that the yobbos keep themselves busy in such a productive manner.:sigh:

Emma I used to work in a contact center and had similar hours for a time. You may not be entitled to a lunch break. However by law you should be entitled to a 15min break. I used to take a porridge or other slow release food and had a break around 11 - 11.30 and ate it as a smaller meal then. It did stop me reaching as quickly for the sweet stuff as well.:D

Morning everyone,

Day off for me today - they owe me about 36 hours overtime! So manager on at me to take some as we are only allowed to carry over 12 hours. Not having a relaxing day though (I wish!) and will be decorating the study. So no computer or minimins for me until this evening at the earliest :(

Well done Pesty and EF for the brilliant losses. Excellent news. I have, as predicted, STS. Not too worried as it is a * week for me so I am hoping to get a good loss next week :cross:

EF, I hope you get things sorted with OH, it's not nice living in an atmosphere x

How's the flat buying going Pesty?

Lennis, I hope you have managed to get somewhere re: the anti social behaviour. Nobody wants to live in situations like that, especially when it comes to them damaging your property.

Morning MLM :)

Lennis, I see you posted before me! Hopefully the police will be able to take action. I know logs are a bit of a pain but the more evidence you have against these trouble makers the better. Hopefully the situation will start to improve and if it is known there is a tendency for trouble around the hall maybe the police will put in more of an appearance.

Emma,
I echo what Lennis and Pesty have said. Some days I don't get time for a lunch break but I always take something with me to nibble on. I know full well if I don't that the second I have got 5 minutes to spare I will be in the drive thru of McD's! Planning is definitely key and you can make it work with your employment hours but you may need to prepare. If I have a hectic day I make sure I take some fruit, a roll or Alpen Lights. Also really loving Snack A Jacks at the moment because they do take the hunger edge off for me and are quick to eat. They are syns - around 2.5-3 depending on the flavour, but much better than McD's syns! :)

Cheers Libra. I hope so too. Have told DH what happened and he is considering CCTV for that side of the house.

Anyway jumped the wall myself this morning to get the trashed scooter. No chance I can repair it. I have bagged it and put it in the garage. May be good for spares later.

Anyway after falling for the chocolate bar last night I did 40 mins in the gym and swam 1/4 of a mile this morning. Good thing my gym opens at 7am really.

Hope you enjoy painting the study I have to do the living room in the next week.:sigh:

Pesty, hope you are ok, not seen any posts from you hun. Will catch up on the posts and will update in a bit. xx

Hey EF,

Sorry i havnt been about. Had a manic couple of days at work then I drove to Kent on Saturday and had my Nephews christening sunday!! I was really good though and stuck WELL within my syns to get a 2lb loss (i hid from the buffet and ate some pasta and a wholemeal roll :))

On the mortgage front i still dont know anything :( Barclaycard changed my credit score and removed their late payment but now abbey are saying they wont complete another check for 60 days!! Its with my mortgage advisors managing director and the underwriting director at Abbey to try and sort it out atm - battle of the big wigs lol.

Sorry to hear things arent too good for you at home hun ((hugs)) and a massive well done on your loss. Its hard to stick with SW when your minds on other things, hope it sorts itself out for you! Hows being back at work going? xx

Pesty, have seen your post now, lol.. was worried as you hadn't been on here. Well done on your loss this week, knew you would do it :D.

Lennis, hope things get sorted out soon and Libra is right, the more complaints made and written ones too, will go towards the evidence needed to get this sorted.

Libra, hope you have a good day off today, do you have much planned?

Hey Emma. I look at other peoples losses on here and feel quite envious to be honest, but we are all different and some people have lots more to loose and have higher or faster metabolism's. I'm a slower looser too. But what I will say though, is that 9lb off is over half a stone, almost 2 bags of spuds weight and its still a good loss and its gone :). So even if you average a lb a week, by christmas, you will have lost another 20+ lb's. With re to lunch, I'd take in a small cold bag with free food, plus a wholemeal roll with lots of salad in and prawns or ham etc... You can nibble that on the way home then or even sit on a bench after work and eat it.

Busy day at work today as usual, this time before end of term is manic for me. So stealing any minute I can to get on here inbetween meetings with the young people. So I can post as this really helps me stay on plan too and love coming on here to chat to everyone too :).

Off to the gym again tonight, have my pedometer in my pocket today, so it don't keep falling off, :cool: lol..

Hope everyone has a fab day, and thanks again for your kind words and support, you are all so lovely :).

Hope the fish week gives me a good loss for next week, only 2 weeks to go to my hols now :eek: xxx

HI

OH My... not posted for a few days - been a bit under the weather but fine now.:sigh:
Well done for the weight losses Pesty and EF.:)

Sorry things not going too well with OH - as soon as possible you need to talk - but you know that!

Lennis - I feel for you we had a group of teenagers at the back of us - they used to nick cars and park them right outside out back gate then jump on them and pull them to bits - then they were used as skips - we couildnt get any action from the police but what we did do was to say to the Council that these cars were a fire hazard and that we had seen young kids trying to light paper etc... They soon moved the cars. - but it is no fun. So I feel for you I really hope that it gets sorted out for you.

Kats:)

Pesty, love being back at work, time goes quickly and don't need to think about food, lol. Things are still the same indoors, he wanted to make converstation this morn, but I then felt he couldn't be assed yesterday to really sort the situation out away from the kids, so why should I now be wanting to talk, just because he wants to. I hate being controlled, and feel this a lot, after living on my own for 14 years with my kids, its so hard being with someone who does like to control thins when all you've done for the last 14 years is control and manage things to keep it all afloat. Hey ho, I'm away at the weekend visiting a friend, so that will be me and my son out and I'm going to the gym every night before I go so again, I'll be out away from the atmosphere.

Right, its break time here in school, gonna grab my alpen light bar and a huge glass of water :). Hope things are better with you Pesty, and hope the mortgage thing will be sorted out soon, must be soo frustrating and annoying. xxx

HI EF

Yeah fine now - feeling a bit washed out - but much better than I was. Not yet done a menu for this week so am going to try and do that tonight - its difficult when hubby wants something quick or light.

Kats:)

Pesty, love being back at work, time goes quickly and don't need to think about food, lol. Things are still the same indoors, he wanted to make converstation this morn, but I then felt he couldn't be assed yesterday to really sort the situation out away from the kids, so why should I now be wanting to talk, just because he wants to. I hate being controlled, and feel this a lot, after living on my own for 14 years with my kids, its so hard being with someone who does like to control thins when all you've done for the last 14 years is control and manage things to keep it all afloat. Hey ho, I'm away at the weekend visiting a friend, so that will be me and my son out and I'm going to the gym every night before I go so again, I'll be out away from the atmosphere.

Right, its break time here in school, gonna grab my alpen light bar and a huge glass of water :). Hope things are better with you Pesty, and hope the mortgage thing will be sorted out soon, must be soo frustrating and annoying. xxx

Glad to hear your enjoying being back at work!! Maybe its for the best, being away for a few days may give you both the chance to have a think about the situation and what you want to come out of it without being around each other. I know what you mean about being in control of things, there is often quite a power struggle in my house as we have no dad around and my mum suffers from aggraphobia i have been one of the parents in the family, mum is doing better but i still find it hard to reliquish some of the 'in charge' mentality.

I'll update about the mortgage as and when i hear anything! xx

Hiya all xx How is everyone?

Emma - I know what you mean too, although I have a lot of weight to lose its seems to be happening slowly - have had a few things get in the way too, but I keep trying and as I dont have an official target date as long as I get there its all good!!

I have spent the morning peeling and steaming veges for weaning my daughter - fun - now got to puree them all.....and off to see a friend this afternoon :)

Sat eating my salad - really need to think of some other lunches and also sort out to have a fishy week hopinh to bump my losses up!! I had a sneaky weigh on wii last night and it showed a STS - grrr but wi on weds so hoping :)

Though now we had all got to know each other a bit and recognise names etc might be useful for some info about everyone? What does everyone do for a job?

I am currently on mat leave - returning to work in November. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and a nearly 6 month old. I live in Derbyshire with my hubby and our cat and dog :) I work as a psychiatric nurse in a high secure hospital, although wish we could afford for me to be a stay at home mum - at least for a few years :(

Look forward to reading all about you all xx

Back