From here to Eternally Slim

Rotten luck MLM - this has happened to me with various pairs of shoes, handbags, boxes of chocolates and lip glosses.....

In this world where we live there could be more hapiness......

*wonders if DH will realise I am a good two inches taller than before when he gets back from picking up the munchkin*. I had a bit of a guilt fit when I was out, buying stuff for me instead of him, although I did get him something that hes asked for, and I said so to the Minxinlaw but then I realised that I will have a much perter bottom and legs because of them and therefore they ARE really a gift for him, and one that keeps on giving! Its my excuse and I am sticking to it.

They are very comfy. There was a woman in the shop and she asked me was I buying some and she said they are fabulous and she has about 4 different pairs but you have to be careful with the ones with the white soles because they get really obviously dirty. Fortuitously I was buying a plain black pair, with black soles (they were cheaper than the dressier ones and will go with most things), so wont suffer with that problem. I feel so much healthier already because of them!

So much joy we can bring, to this brand new bright tomorrow!

MLM its a perfectly valid excuse. Plus if to appreciate his gift all the more you need a lovely dress or well tailored pair of pants go for it. After all it is his present!!

EF your job sounds interesting. But I don't think I could do it. I love lab work. Never happier than when I'm playing with things plus I'm on my feet most of the day. When I worked at a contact centre you were literally chained to the desk. Never doing that again unless really desperate!!!!

Oh MLM so naughty. Must admit I'm not one for clothes shopping I have all the style sense of a dead slug and spend most of my life in jeans. However I do own a couple of dresses mainly black though:ashamed0005:

Hi

:wave_cry::wave_cry:
icon11.gif
Hi !
:lost: Hi- I'm new too ! Not sure what I'm doing at all as far as posting is concerned. I'm sure I'll learn.... hopefully!
I've tried various other "diets" including SS, WW etc and lost my Mojo - couldn't get my motivation back and needed something completely different. So far I'm loving SW and finding it quite easy , although just back from hols in Belgium ( Chocolate, Beer, Frites Waffles - Eek ) . So not really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in !! Any way - just wanted to say Hi !!

P.S Can anyone tell me how to enter your goals / losses etc at the bottom of your post without having to type it out each time ?? .....told u I was lost :confused:

Hi all,

My gosh it has been busy on here!
Finished papering, painting and cleaning the study. Just said to hubby I was going to put everything back in place but instead snuck on here! Hallway at the weekend - urrgggghhhhh. Still, pretty much every room needs something doing to it so that will be 2 off my list. Also pretty good body magic I should think!

Lenlu, what a nice idea. I also live in Derbyshire (NE right on the border with Notts). I am a rehab worker for people with sensory loss. Focusing on D/deaf and Deaf Blind people. I am employed by Social Services (for my sins!) and other than the current cut backs being waved around by Mr Cameron (don't even get me started!), I am enjoying the job. I have worked there 5 years now and have lived in Derbyshire for 10. I am originally from North London.

I have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. All growing up, 17, 14 and 9. I have been married 8 years and got hitched in Cyprus. I am pet mad and have 3 dogs, a shih tzu, and 2 labs - a chocolate and a yellow. :)

Do you work at Rampton Lenlu?

MLM, fit flops sound lovely. Of course they fell on your feet by accident! I just keep saying that it was in the sale and a real bargain everytime OH asks me what I have bought now!

Moomin, sorry to hear about the little one. Hope she is well on the mend now.

EF - nothing planned other than boring wallpapering and painting. Still have a spa day voucher that was given to me so next time I have a day off I have promised myself I will be going! Where are you going on your hols?

Pesty - Yes, keep us updated with the mortgage. Don't let them forget about you (I'm sure you won't) and I hope the result is that you will be moving in to the flat very shortly hun x

Hi all,

My gosh it has been busy on here!
Finished papering, painting and cleaning the study. Just said to hubby I was going to put everything back in place but instead snuck on here! Hallway at the weekend - urrgggghhhhh. Still, pretty much every room needs something doing to it so that will be 2 off my list. Also pretty good body magic I should think!

Lenlu, what a nice idea. I also live in Derbyshire (NE right on the border with Notts). I am a rehab worker for people with sensory loss. Focusing on D/deaf and Deaf Blind people. I am employed by Social Services (for my sins!) and other than the current cut backs being waved around by Mr Cameron (don't even get me started!), I am enjoying the job. I have worked there 5 years now and have lived in Derbyshire for 10. I am originally from North London.

I have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. All growing up, 17, 14 and 9. I have been married 8 years and got hitched in Cyprus. I am pet mad and have 3 dogs, a shih tzu, and 2 labs - a chocolate and a yellow. :)

Do you work at Rampton Lenlu?

Hiya hun - yeah for my sins I do lol - its a bit of a commute (hour each way!) but I work long days so only work 3 days a week which is good :) I am in Kilburn which is near Belper - whereabouts are you?
Must say I am now looking for a job closer to home - but know that might mean working more days a week so going to weigh it up nearer the time :)

Hiya Lenlu,

I am in Nether Langwith, right on the Notts border. Near to Bolsover. I know Belper but never been to Kilburn.

When you said secure MH unit I had a feeling it would be Rampton! I don't think you can get much more high secure than there. I know a few people who work in the Deaf unit there. Do you enjoy it?

Yeah its ok - has its moments - and the staff team is great which helps :)

hi everyone.. just back from class lost 4.5lbs this week. well pleased. finally back on track..

well done to everyone who's lost and good luck to all wed's wi's...

well im jill, i live in belfast. im 32. married for 4 yrs. have a son 4.5 called lewis. he has severe autism and severe learning difficulties.. and a 3 yr old daughter called lily who thinks she's 33 lol..

i'm a stay at home mummy.. but wanting to return to work once lily starts nursery in sept.. i was a nurse auxiliary before having the kids.. loved my job.

:wave_cry::wave_cry:
icon11.gif
Hi !
:lost: Hi- I'm new too ! Not sure what I'm doing at all as far as posting is concerned. I'm sure I'll learn.... hopefully!
I've tried various other "diets" including SS, WW etc and lost my Mojo - couldn't get my motivation back and needed something completely different. So far I'm loving SW and finding it quite easy , although just back from hols in Belgium ( Chocolate, Beer, Frites Waffles - Eek ) . So not really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in !! Any way - just wanted to say Hi !!

P.S Can anyone tell me how to enter your goals / losses etc at the bottom of your post without having to type it out each time ?? .....told u I was lost :confused:

Hey! Welcome in!! So jealous of your trip to Belgium, it sounds yummy!!
Your signature allowance will get bigger after you make fifty posts so you will be able to add more stuff into it then. Good luck for your WI!!!

Hi Mammagee,
Welcome to SW, minimins and From here to eternally slim! Good luck for your WI tomorrow. Come back and let us all know how you got on x

Well done on the 4.5lb loss Jilly. You must be really pleased with that. I also have a daughter (9) who thinks she is 30 something! Really going to have to hide my make up but naughty gran keeps giving her odd bits and pieces she no longer wants. On Saturday she decided to draw flowers on her face with lipstick and had bright pink eyelids, it didn't stay on for long! :)

Morning :)

Welcome to the support group Mammagee, and good luck with your wi today :). You'll soon get the hang of this site, takes a bit of time, but just ask if you get stuck and there are so many of us who can help with recipes etc as well.

Libra, how nice to have a spa voucher, you can book that up for your next day off and you'd had lost more before then as well, so will be like a treat :). I've still got a Spa Day Voucher, OH bought it for me at Christmas and back then I felt to big to go, but its for the Sanctury at Covent Garden (champagne, lunch and one treatment), so will use it before I have my next school reunion in October, and hope by then I'd have lost more and feel better going.

Jilly, thats a fantastic loss honey, you must have really worked hard to get that off ;).

Hope everyone is well, fish week is going ok, got mackerel and prawn salad for lunch and seafood pasta with peppers and mushrooms for dinner. Was debating on going out for dinner to Bella Italia as off shopping with my son to get some more things for the hols. But then thought of syns and thought i'd eat early before we go and then take him to KFC for his tea and I can have a diet coke there then. This time in 2 weeks, I'll be flying to Grenada, should be half way by this time, out flight leaves at 5am.

Went to the gym last night again, toned and did the treadmill for 16 mins, then swam 20 lenghts. Just feel that if I can do as much toning as I can before I go on hols, I'll be more likely to be fitter to go for a walk every morning on the beach before breakfast (well, thats if I'm not hungover, lol). Plus body magic always helps with the losses.

Have a great day everyone. xxxx

So for my sins I committed myself to the scan bran challenge this week. So far, so good, although combining this with a fish week is "interesting" to say the least. If I were asked about whether I thought it was having any impact on my losses, I would most likely reply at this point "Yes, they are much easier to flush these days..." :8855:

WI this week should be interesting!!!

Jilly, congrats on that splendidly huge loss at WI!! Keep up the good work!!

Ok, a bit about me IRL.

I am another Gill but this time with a G, and I am 36. I have 3 kids, 17 ur old boy and 2 girls, aged 6 & 4. Not working at the moment, well, haven't for a while now, for various reasons, my own mental health, my sons mild autism meaning we had to home educate him for a long time, etc. Anyhoo, I am virtually unemployable now, particularly in the current climate, and still experiencing long spells of depression. No-one is going to want to take someone with my track record on, especially when I can't yet say I am free of it.

Anyway, hoping one day to maybe sort myself out and become a SW consultant, coz maybe being self employed is the way to go!! But am a bit worried about my youngest coz she seems VERY similar to my eldest, and is about to go see a paediatrician about her difficulties. What will be will be, I suppose!

Morning MLM..think thats the fibre talking :8855:, glad its haveing that impact, so to speak and you're def not bunged up. Will make for another good loss me thinks :). What are you doing with the Scanbran? I have some I won at a SOTW a few weeks ago and don't know what to do with the stuff, lol.. so currently its hiding out in my breadbin under the cakes :). x

Being horribly uninventive with them tbh! Using them as Ryvitas and having them with tuna and a splodge of salad cream or vinegar, and a load of salad for one of my meals. Might try a scan bran chocolate cake tomorrow, it's DHs birthday and they will be having birthday cake, perhaps a good way to not feel left out!!

Back