From here to Eternally Slim

Glad you getting your head around it all!! I know when i started it was just all this information and i couldnt make head nor tail of it!! One day it just clicks, you have a urika moment and everything suddenly makes sense!

Libra - well done on your loss hun! Dont forget what a lb looks like!

GO ON MOOMIN!!!!!! Really hope you get your award hun!! Im the same im a saint all week and at weekends i just fall apart! lol especially on a sunday which is never good for a monday weigh in lol. Anyways got my fingers crossed for you!!

EF - Everyones right you are being WAY too hard on yourself!!!! Everyone loses at different speeds. Ive lost 21.5lb but it's taken me 25 weeks to do it and you know what I DONT CARE cuz ive loved every minute of it!! Im heading to goal at a safe pace and taking the time to smell the roses. You should feel the same hun! And the fact that you havent gained once?? Well that's just chuffin brilliant!! xx

xxxx

Well done Pesty - how fantastic and look at all those smileys.....

MLM what can I say but a massive congrats - let me hear everyone say a whay hoo for both - whay hooooooooo...

Just hope saturday I will have lost this time and not STS.

Kats:):talk017:

ggggaaahhhhh my downfall - white fresh bread.....

My 3 year old isnt very well, hasnt been eating for a few days, high temp, sickness yesterday etc but we went shopping and she said she was hungry and wanted some bread - so got her one of those uncut fresh loafs.......GORGEOUS!!

Cutting it up for her and I had to have a slice......very naughty I know but it was lovely but did make me want more and more - had to try really hard to resist, still resisting now.......
Bread and savory stuff is def my nemosis........

Im quite lucky really as i dont really have a thing for bread.

Dont get me wrong a freshly cooked baguette or loaf - IS AMAZING but it bloats me out so much that it hurts so i can resist without too much difficulty :)

Ive really got my fingers crossed for you Kitkat, STS is sooo frustrating you just have to let it make you more determined to beat it each time rather than feeling fed up.

Lenlu - Sorry to hear your little one isnt well!! Hope she feels better soon! Dont worry about the bread, syn it and move on - you'll be fine!

xxx

Definitely a savoury addict here too. Although i think i overdosed on white bread at the weekend (and i didn't even have that much!!) so i seem to have killed the craving!

EF - Everyones right you are being WAY too hard on yourself!!!! Everyone loses at different speeds. Ive lost 21.5lb but it's taken me 25 weeks to do it and you know what I DONT CARE cuz ive loved every minute of it!! Im heading to goal at a safe pace and taking the time to smell the roses. You should feel the same hun! And the fact that you havent gained once?? Well that's just chuffin brilliant!! xx

Pesty.. thank you sooo much, really makes a difference hearing it. I made such a challenge to loose 3 stone before my hols, I couldn't popssible do that and realisticly 19lb off is good for me, as any other diet, I would have lost my way completely and gained more then where I first started from.. But listened and def understood and will stop the "beating myself up game" for sure. x

Moomin, keep going girl, you are doing really well, we all have a few iffy days, so keep at it and I'm sure you'll blast the 0.5lb needed for your 1.5stone shiney :) x

Emma.. keep coming on here and posting, someone will always be here to chat to and help, think about why you started this and what you want out of it and also that YOU ARE WORTH IT. x

MLM, thanks again, yeahh 19lb officially is good and defo lighter then I would have been for hols, am working so long hours this week and also weekend as well, but sticking at it.. and taking gym stuff to work to go on the way home, so I keep on track.. Monday WI next week, better be kind to me, lol. Tis the week of my hols !! x

x

Last edited:
hi all am gonna put my v small gain on the new thread oops half a pound but still much better than last time i saw mu mum and it was 4 on lol still it will be off next week

I'm psychic, didnt you know?

I prefer the green ones myself. :D But my kids hate them so I never buy any.

Arrrggghhh it was the green ones! Cheese and onion :cry:

Dont focus on the fact that it could have been a bigger loss, focus on the fact that it is a solid and consistent loss. If you expect solid and consistent losses, then you wont be disappointed come WI day AND if you do get a bigger loss then you can be super happy instead of simply very happy! You give us all so much encouragement with your apple comparisons, you should be less hard on yourself and you should TOTALLY be happy with the way things are going.

MLM - thank you for this - I know it was aimed at EF but you could have been talking to me - I will admit that I have been dissappointed with my weight losses and that I have wanted more - I sabotaged myself last night and today because I wanted a bigger loss. Had two take away's, lots of chocolate and some budweiser!

But in reality I've lost 2 stone in 14 weeks and I should be really pleased about that. even if I'm only losing half a pound a week i'm still losing weight.

I know that i'm not going to lose 4 stone over night no matter what I want. So from tomorrow i'm back on plan and doing some damage limitation. I'm also out on Sat night - my sister wants me to come out for a meal, drinks and some dancing :eek: I can't remember the last time I've been out anywhere except to the local pub so am a bit nervous over that - need to find something to wear too!

But just wanted to say thank you MLM :)

Haven't caught up with all the posts yet - am working on it but not having much online time at the mo.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Lenlu, hope the little'un is feeling better soon. Its horrible when they are not well, you just want to make them better all at once.

Decided to have a day off from SW today. So have just got back from a v.yummy Indian meal. Vegetable Korma = v.happy lady! :D Enjoyed the day off but will be back on it 100% tomorrow, never know it may give my metabolism a kick start - that's what I am telling myself anyway!

Hope everyone has had a good evening. :)

Rosie, I am glad if what I said has given you a sense of perspective about your losses. I think we all could do with a dose of that now and again, especially when we watch stuff like The Biggest Loser and see the sort of difference they make to their weights in such a short space of time. They work out 5-6 hours a day and live on 1200 calories though, who has the time or inclination to live like that? Not me. They are very extreme cases who will still have to manage and live in the real world after the show. Someone told me the other day that the winner of the first series put all of the weight he lost back on. I bet many of the contestants do, once they are out of the glare of the publicity.

We have to be realistic in what we can reasonably achieve, and anything on top of that is pure bonus. We have homes, families, lives to keep going while we try and do this. It isnt easy by any stretch of the imagination. It never will be easy, but if it is what we want we have to keep plugging away. Hard work reaps its own rewards and all that. I am really pleased if what I have said gives you some focus back and makes you happier to stick with the plan. (((hugs)))

Good morning

Lenlu - so sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she gets better soon hun x

Not so early this morning, but another late finish tonight, so posting before I go and collect the little angels, lol.

Have gone without any syns yesterday and doing the same today, keeping with all of my free foods on red and having my HEX's too.Will go to the gym after work and swim too, and there is a body jam aerobics at 6.30pm tomorrow, which I might just make.. but we'll see.

The new Weekly WI thread is so much easier to read, and no more looking and hunting pages to find it now :), MLM, great invention ;)

Have a good day everyone, xx

Have gone without any syns yesterday and doing the same today, keeping with all of my free foods on red and having my HEX's too.Will go to the gym after work and swim too, and there is a body jam aerobics at 6.30pm tomorrow, which I might just make.. but we'll see.

Morning EF,

Im a bit worried about your post here ^^ no syns is not a good sign hun.

I know you want a good loss for hols but this may do the opposite.

By not having your syns (you should be having at least 5) you body may not be recieving enough calories and therefore will go into starvation mode and hold on to anything you eat, esp as your doing so much exercise!

If you want to keep it to a minimum then just have 5 each day, but please dont stop yourself from having any. I would hate it if you didnt lose after all this hard work

xxxx

By not having your syns (you should be having at least 5) you body may not be recieving enough calories and therefore will go into starvation mode and hold on to anything you eat, esp as your doing so much exercise!

EF. just make sure you're having plenty of free and super free and you should be fine. As long as you're exercising, you're signalling to your body that it's okay to use food calories for energy, so they shouldn't be stored as fat. I wish I could go syn-free for even one day - I reckon I had about 30 yesterday, and I will be lucky to STS this week! Best of luck to you.

Im with you scanbran - im looking for 1/2 lb this week for my shiny but im not too optimistic :(
I took the kids to the beach last night and found myself hoovering up left over chips smothered in salt & vinegar - oh dear

Moomin im sure you will be fine for your shiney this week, fingers crossed for you, I need 1lb for my shiney - hoping and praying with fingers crossed!!

Im crossing for us both lenlu x x x x x

Back