From here to Eternally Slim

LOL Lenlu, click on the private messages thing at the top of the page by your user name, and then somewhere on the page it takes you to should be an option to write a new message.

Have had a disastrophe of an afternoon. Film was really good, and so was I, just had an alpen light and a diet coke.

Then we went to McDonalds. It was heaving. Both the girls wanted to go to the toilet so I took them while DH went for the food. We had sat upstairs but they had blocked off those toilets and so we had to go back downstairs where there was a long queue for the singular toilet.

Girls were playing up and I was trying to keep an eye on them when DH shouted over that they had no salads. He said should he get me a deli sandwich and I was so hassled that i just said "whatever".

BAD MOVE. I just checked the syns for what I had, and its 27.5. I hadnt had time for any lunch before I went out so I guess that mitigates some of the damage. I didnt have any fries or owt and only a diet coke with it but JEEZ. 27.5!!!

I am gutted. TRULY gutted. Tried so hard to be good, and wasted ALL those syns on rubbish like that.

Hello ladies, long time no see...

hope you all doing good, I see you've all been having some good losses! :D

Well, after having a couple of really good weeks (2.5 and then 4lbs off) i went astray this week and totally off-plan and put 1.5 back on...

same old story, was 0.5 away from club 10 and 1.5 away from my 1.5 st shiny sticker!

Alost didn't go to class this week but glad i did, i imagined i'd put on at least 3lbs so was better than I thought :rolleyes:

Starting to see quite a bit of difference now though, back into the pre-preg jeans, bit of a muffin top but still happy...hope all the other Thurs weigh-in ladies did well tonight

hugs xx

Hi all

EF - Have a fab time on hols and yay to you 19lbs so far - brill-----iant!:)

Pesty - you wee devil 21.5 lbs so far - amaz----ing.:)

Ronnie - you done so well a small gain - well as Peter Kay says he S**** a lb so that will be off in no time.:)

I love bread - and especially the Tiger loaves! - yum,, but don't buy them so that I can't eat them.:):p

Been mostly green days this week - cupboards are getting bare, but trying to save money by not keeping popping into supermarkets to get stuff using up what I have...really hoping that I would of lost but I know I must do some exercise..:(

Who else is not really an exercise sort of person?

Well done to everyone for they losses if I didn't mention you.:)
Kats:talk017:

Lol weirdly i could not go properly on monday i have crohns and normally go about 3 times a day only went 1 lol

Aww MLM! You're always so good on the diet, and not having had lunch beforehand would i'm sure have negated some of it.

But /hugs! It's always awful when you "waste" syns on something you didn't really want anyway.

On a side note, 27.5 for a little sandwich thing?! Yikes!

I'm sure you'll still do wonderfully on the loss this week and get the shiny!

have been rather good this week eaten approx 14 syns a day and had lovely syn free lunches and dinners and really enjoying myself this week. hope you all are well

Awww Minxy - never mind mate - onwards and weight downwards ;)

Hell yeah baby. Gonna do a minifish weekend to try and recover the week. That pound WILL be mine come monday.

Fricking 27 and a fricking half syns. I know its only 12.5 over the daily max, and I do have them to spare from this week, but still!!! I could have had an entire bag of galaxy counters for that!! A big one!

And I wouldnt be hungry now...

Morning girls and Scanbran :)

Hope everyone is well? So busy yesterday with work and then did a body jam class straight from work, I got home at 8.30pm, and felt like I could sleep for a week!

Early again this morning and working nights all weekend too, so I suppose it'll be much the same. Diet wise, been good, but done the silly hop on and off scales this morn (in shed) and not lost much since Monday morn home WI.. so need to keep at it and do more walking me thinks.

Pesty - I am out there, literally, lol.. was out all day at an outdoor pursuit centre yesterday and off to Duxford Imperial War Museum today, had no timne to post yest morn.. its all go, go,lol.. feel like a headless chicken. missing talking to everyone now as just pop in and post if i can, quick read and out again. :)

Ronne thanks for that, really am looking forward to my hols now, can't wait. The atmosphere is now thawing with OH so hope that continues to so it will be good there as well ;).

KG, don't worry about the small gain hun.. you can pull it around, stay on track and up your exercise and you'll see that off, and you'll soon get your shiny :)

MLM, if you stay low with your syns and you are good over the weekend, what you did yesterday won't show and I really do think you'll still get a good loss, one little blip can be undone :). You know you can do it!

Have a great day everyone xxx

Last edited:
Morning EF!!! Good to hear your good!! With all that running around you must be getting plenty of body magic!! Its just not right not seeing your morning summary :)

Wow! is that from the syn calculator?
They are quite biggish, i will have to weigh them but probs about 4 nuggets for 100g - thanks Pesty x

Yes its from the calculator - good huh!!!

KG - Im sure you'll have that off in no time!! Im the same, just when a mini goal seems to be getting closer something happens and i spend a good month tryin to get it amidst little gains and STS. You'll get there hun. Good to hear that you can see a difference - its a really good motivator!

MLM - (((HUGS))) Im so sorry hun!! Its really rubbish that McDs are SO high in syns. Sometimes it seems as if they see how much crap they can fit in one meal - well done you for not having chips tho! Like you say you have the syns to spare so it's not TOO disasterous, just bare it in mind and move on, you work so hard im sure you'll get your shiney!!!

ronniejacobs - Good to hear that your staying on track, it's always nice when you get to an enjoyable stage when SW just seems to fall into place, its not a huge effort and your just enjoying yourself.

Hope you all have a good friday. I feel like a dolmio advert but 'todays the day!!' Its my bday tues but im having drinks tonight to celebrate. Ive been really good all week and the only synny thing i will have tonight is some booze which makes it no different than every other weekend so im hoping it wont impact my losses too much. Ive been having a fishy week too so i hope that'll give me an extra push :)

Im going out for a meal sunday with my sister, nephew, mum and brother. I have convinced them all to go to the harvester so salad cart galour for me and i'll exchange anything for a healthy option :)

Mum said she wanted to buy me a cake but knows that i wouldnt allow it in the house lol so i have suggested a bunch of grapes with a candle in them!! haha I would let myself have some but im not a big cake person.

What are you all up to this weekend?

xxxx

Morning All :thankyou:
Just wanted to say a BIG MASSIVE THANKYOU for letting me join your merry group - Tho ive not posted much (Ive been busy reading/catching up and getting inspired) its really really helped me and motivated me thru some pretty tough days this week when ive felt pretty grotty......so much so that when It was WI last night (which without finding a place like this I may well not have gone!) I found I had lost 2lb :D when I only expected a sts as ive struggled eating some days. Soooooo thanks guys....you're all fab ;):grouphugg:

Morning All :thankyou:
Just wanted to say a BIG MASSIVE THANKYOU for letting me join your merry group - Tho ive not posted much (Ive been busy reading/catching up and getting inspired) its really really helped me and motivated me thru some pretty tough days this week when ive felt pretty grotty......so much so that when It was WI last night (which without finding a place like this I may well not have gone!) I found I had lost 2lb :D when I only expected a sts as ive struggled eating some days. Soooooo thanks guys....you're all fab ;):grouphugg:

Awwwwww Morning CD!!!!

You are more than welcome!! There is really no need to thank! We are all here for you whenever you need us, we all enjoy a chat and we all need a bit of a helping hand through what sometimes can be a hard journey.

I never would have got as far as i have without all these miniminers. Were as happy to have you as you are to be here
xxx

Well done CD! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well, and managing life's difficulties. I put 1.5lb this week which I'm not happy about but I pretty much know where it's come from. Going out for my joint hen / stag do tonight too which will involve chinese buffet and booze, but going to be 100% the rest of the week, and only 5 weeks (TODAY) till my wedding (Hurrah).
Also, OH got to target at class last night, and he was made such a fuss of, it was so funny. He loved it tho, and I'm very proud (sob...) lol.
Have a great day everyone x

Hello folks,

As I suspected, after my off week and ridiculously bad 'night-before-weigh-in' splurge, I managed a nice gain last night :D

Thankfully, due to some manly restraint and self-sacrifice all day yesterday, and the wearing of some seriously lightweight shorts last night, I managed to limit the damage to 0.5lbs, so really I'm delighted with that.

Have decided to stop messing around and go 100% this week, restricting my syns to no more than 10 per day, drinking LOADS of water and exercising every day to try to get a decent weight-loss boost next week.

I need 3.5lbs for my 4st award, and I've been faffing around for the best part of a month now trying to get there, so now's the time.

I measured my waist today and wished I hadn't. Seems you can't go on what size trousers you wear to determine this :eek:

I'm a good few inches bigger - whoops :D

Well done CD! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well, and managing life's difficulties. I put 1.5lb this week which I'm not happy about but I pretty much know where it's come from. Going out for my joint hen / stag do tonight too which will involve chinese buffet and booze, but going to be 100% the rest of the week, and only 5 weeks (TODAY) till my wedding (Hurrah).
Also, OH got to target at class last night, and he was made such a fuss of, it was so funny. He loved it tho, and I'm very proud (sob...) lol.
Have a great day everyone x

Aww Giblet!! That's lovely about your OH, say congrats from us!!

Dont worry about the small gain, as long as you know where you went wrong it'll soon be off! Wedding in 5 days!! How exciting!!!! Hope you get a good loss for then!

xxx

Hello folks,

As I suspected, after my off week and ridiculously bad 'night-before-weigh-in' splurge, I managed a nice gain last night :D

Thankfully, due to some manly restraint and self-sacrifice all day yesterday, and the wearing of some seriously lightweight shorts last night, I managed to limit the damage to 0.5lbs, so really I'm delighted with that.

Have decided to stop messing around and go 100% this week, restricting my syns to no more than 10 per day, drinking LOADS of water and exercising every day to try to get a decent weight-loss boost next week.

I need 3.5lbs for my 4st award, and I've been faffing around for the best part of a month now trying to get there, so now's the time.

I measured my waist today and wished I hadn't. Seems you can't go on what size trousers you wear to determine this :eek:

I'm a good few inches bigger - whoops :D

Morning SB!!

Glad to hear you pulled it back for WI to get a small gain - that'll be off in no time!

You sound pretty determined for this week so im sure you'll get a good loss next week!

Im loving the light shorts atm lol. I wore a pair of the lightest white linen shorts to WI and it was raining out!! lol I also removed all jewellery and my glasses!

Dont worry about the inches, im sure that it's probably just your before WI splurge that has bloated you out - that'll go down by next wi! Hope you have a good week this week xx

Thanks Pesty! About the shorts...

There was another guy weighing in before me, also wearing shorts, and the consultant started moaning 'what is it about all you guys coming in here with shorts on? You don't see me wearing shorts.'

I told him that was because he was an older gentleman, and that shorts would be unbecoming of someone of his advancing years :D

That went down well... :eek:

Good recovery Scanbran - Im now down to wearing the lightest clothes i possess last week so if i want to make the most of a loss next week then im off to WI in my swimsuit :bolt:
Now believe me nooooooo one needs to see that loitering around the SOTW fruit basket........:faint2:

ROFL Moomin. I double dare you to turn up in a bikini to WI next week. When I started at SW I bought a pair of light cotton cropped trousers for to wear each week to WI but I have had to retire them coz they have become a liability. Shame coz I loved them, they were so nice and soft and had pockets. Spending an extra five minutes walking to group having to stop and pull them back up was becoming tedious.

Need to find something to replace them, some sort of autumn based weigh in garments. Got 14 weeks left before wedding anniversary, and 24 more lbs to lose, seems like a big ask. That's my "see how the land lies" target, last time I lost a lot of weight, It was the point I was aiming for and I got to 3lbs away and found out I was pregnant again. So double determined to crack it this time but not sure if that will be my stopping point. Depends how much my tummy skin decides to retract. If I don't end up with a massive overhang there may be room for manouveur but if I don't then I will have a chunk of unlosable flop weight, at which point I shall be doing a charity walk on behalf of tummytucks anonymous.

By the way, Toy Story 3 was phenomenal.

Minxy I dont even OWN a bikini - I cant run the risk of a chance encounter with a member of greenpeace trying to haul me back towards the North sea.......

I too am thinking of skin floppage - I cant see how 3 babies worth is ever going to find its way back home unless it left a trail of breadcrumbs - and to be honest if it did then my belly button has probably already eaten that..........

Back