From here to Eternally Slim

That does sound lush might have to try that two. :gimi:

I didn't know you could put tin foil in a slow cooker - I am learning so much through this site.:)

It does sound like a real good way of cooking those joints - do you buy one for 4 so its a good size? and do you cut off all the fat or leave that on?:confused:

well i use to cut off the fat but to do that you have to remove the string and so the joint just falls appart!! So now i leave it on, as its slow cooked you dont get crackling so its easy to trim it off once cooked without eating it!! lol

Id call mine a medium joint costing around £5 - sorry i cant remember the weight. I like to make sure its small enough so that it doesnt touch the sides of the slow cooker as again it goes a bit hard if it does. Alternatively if you didnt want to use tin foil im sure you can put about an inch of stock in but then the bottom may go a bit too soft!

If im cooking a beef joint i tend to fry it first and then put it into the cooker to get a bit of colour on it, but you dont have to. For chicken if you want a bit of colour i throw it in a really hot oven once cooked for 20 mins.

xxxx

hi all, have been rather quiet for a while, but kind of back on track, was not originally going to weigh in tomorrow as supposed to be on hols, but not going over to team meeting tomoro so going to get weighed. Hoping for a maintain (even tho i had a 1.5 gain last week) will post more about all my news at the weekend.

Hey Ronnie!! Good to hear your back on track and coming to see us :p good luck for WI hun, got my fingers crossed for you!! xx

I hope everyones ok!! MLM, moomin, CD, Rosie, luverick, scanbran, blubex, lenlu, libra, krupskaya and many others... you've all been very quiet for the last few days!!!

xxxx

Last edited:
Tonight is the night to face the music after my hen weekend away - didnt wi last week but weighed on wii which showed a 5lb gain but not sure how accurate that is - but been back on track for last week so hoping for not that much of a gain!! Will sneak a look on wii later this afternoon to have a look!! I have also had a couple of meals out this week as my grandad is over from spain but tried to make good choices (steak and jacket potatoe) so here is hoping.....

Tonight is the night to face the music after my hen weekend away - didnt wi last week but weighed on wii which showed a 5lb gain but not sure how accurate that is - but been back on track for last week so hoping for not that much of a gain!! Will sneak a look on wii later this afternoon to have a look!! I have also had a couple of meals out this week as my grandad is over from spain but tried to make good choices (steak and jacket potatoe) so here is hoping.....

Hey Lenlu!!! Good luck for WI!!!

Even if it is a gain dont worry, the weight on will last a week til you blast it off but you'll remember the fun you had forever!!! What good is an occasion if all you remember is how strick you were with yourself!!

Im not too trusting of my wii, i move it about a lot and so it changes its mind every 5 minutes as to what i weigh!!

I'll never forget the time i was holding my baby nephew whilst it was all loading up, put him down for the 'measuring, measuring...' bit and discovered i weighed a stone heavier!!! lol Apparantly it weighs you when you first get on!! I felt brilliant the next day when id lost a stone though haha

xxxx

Hello!

I was half way through writing a post this morning when I got a text to say that someone I used to work with was on Jeremy Kyle, so I rushed off to see and when I got back, Miniminx had taken over my computer, and I can only write short posts on my phone before it annoys me, so I waited till now to start again.

Apologies for the lack of postings, had Minx in law over for lunch yesterday and made her syn free scotch eggs (with syn free pork and pepper sausages from the butchers I dont mention). Then after that, I was TOTALLY wiped out, I hadnt slept much the night before WI, or the night of WI due to overexcitement, and then again last night. If I dont have a proper nights sleep before sunday I will be turning up looking like a bag of boiled... carrots.

On a more serious note, hugs to you Kitkat, I think you are holding up admirably during a very tough time and are clearly putting your friends needs above your own. I am sure this whole situation will be incredibly draining on you because you arent able to really express how you feel about it all to her, but make sure you do express it to the people you know care about you and who can just be there and listen to you. Does no good at all bottling it up.

Well done for all your losses and maintains this week, and dont worry about the gains, they will soon disappear!

Moomin is fine, spoke to her on facebook, shes just snowed under with recovering from her holidays and getting the kids back to school and that. Sure she will be back soon.

So totally bricking it about this weekend. I SHOULD right now be digging out more horrendous before and after pics, but I dont really have any after pics coz I aint after yet.

Actually cant really afford to do this WOTY thing either, but never mind. I have NOTHING suitable for wearing to such an event. Smart but comfortable I have been informed, so I dont think leggings and a baggy teeshirt cut the mustard.

Pesty, is your flat pack furniture from Ikea? If it is, it is super easy to put together as a general rule. We put 4 of those really tall billy bookcase things together in about an hour and a half. If its not Ikea stuff, good luck and read the instructions!!

Hope you get it sorted in time to get your grandma round at the weekend, and glad to know her leg is improving.

Ronnie, cant wait to hear your news, and Lenlu, Wiis are notoriously unreliable for weighing on, so dont worry about what they say and just deal with what the official WI says.

Have a good day everyone, whats left of it anyway!

HI

MLM thanks for your message :)- it is hard and I can't let myself cry at the moment as that would act as though shes gone and she isn't shes still here and coping incredibly well. I do tell her that I love her she knows that though.

EF's idea putting them on Ebay is good un! - or do you know a good seamstress that could take them in or just your favourite item.

I can't wait to start losing weight again I was doing well (well sort of) and then it all goes wrong still I'm back on track now and hope that I'll start seeing some losses soon.

Good luck to everyone whose WI.:)

Katkit, you CAN cry, just dont do it in front of her. Of course you can cry! You are allowed to feel something about this while it is happening you know! Put on a brave face for her by all means, but for goodness sake dont stop yourself from feeling these things in a more private way. And you know what, even if you did crack in front of her, she would understand, you are human and you love her and its PERFECTLY ok to feel sad about this!!

You have to allow yourself to let these feelings out lovely. It is no wonder that you are feeling edgy and not coping so well with the plan at the moment, you are trying so hard to hold it all together. But you dont have to be strong ALL the time, and you are not weak if you let it out now and again. There is nothing at all that is good about this situation, other than at the point where it ends your friend will be in no more pain and have no more suffering.

You dont have to "grieve" for her yet, but you are allowed to feel sad that you know this is coming to an end and that it is happening to someone you care so deeply for.

(((hugs)))

Hawiian Pasta

Had this for lunch at work and it was sooo yummy.

Recipe:
Pasta - any
Passatta
Green and Red Pepper
5 medium mushrooms
Chilli - 1 medium
Basil
Onion
babycorn
Ham
salt and pepper
Fresh chopped pineapple

Cook pasta, chop peppers, mushrooms and onions and bake for 15 mins, drain pasta and add passatta and roasted veg. Add chopped basil, babycorn, chilli (remove seeds) salt and pepper to taste. Then stir through chopped ham. Heat through, take off heat and add your pineapple. Serve.

Free on EE and Green(no ham). Very filling :)

I just made a splendid dinner. Home made burgers with syn free mince, onion, chilli, garlic salt and pepper, but instead of having buns, we had giant mushrooms cooked instead as bun replacements. Spotted it on an episode of the biggest loser, so thought it would be fun to try. Its inspired!

hiya!

kitkat....just wanted to send you big hugs hun ((((((((kitkat))))) and as mlm said of course you can cry,you need to cry....although yes if at all possible not in front of your friend but you do need to let it all out for your own sake.

pesty...im ok hun....just try not to bore you all with my babbling,lol!!! are you having a good day today??

mlm...dont think ive managed to say yet a massive well done on your achievement-you must be feeling on top of the world hun,you really deserve it.

my heads fully back in sw mode now...although star week unkindly showed up today-grrrrrr!
had the nicest meal for lunch today....steak,beefsteak tomatoes stuffed with batchelors golden veg rice and green beans....it was lush!! had fancied steak and had the idea with the tomatoes when i saw them on offer for 50p each in morrisons.....will one million percent be doing that again.
i did a menu plan for the rest of this week last night and tonight im going to get all my books and mags and write a massive list of recipies and tick them off as i go,lol!!!

Lurverick, thankyou for well doning me! :D If it was you that repped me for the mushroom bun idea, or whoever it was, thankyou, and I should add that on TBL they cooked the mushrooms in the oven. I chose to frylight them because the oven was otherwise in use, and that made them a bit moister than the oven would have.

Will be oven trying them next time I do that :)

hehe yeah it was me!! only just realised i should start leaving my name...lol!!
its a fab idea.....my hubby loves things like that so we will definately be trying it soon!! agree about the oven-ing too,lol!

Hello everyone

May i join you all. I read some of your posts and was amazed by how supportive you all are.

i am doing SW for the second time around, the first time i found very easy and reached my goal in 9 months, total lost of 4 and half stone.

this time around, i am 6 years older and finding it very hard. i have been going to WI since April and i am not doing very well at all. But feel so inspired by reading your posts

Hey Tiara, of course you can join us! Pull up a keyboard and get stuck in :)

Where is it you feel you are having problems this time? Lack of motivation? Head not in the right place? Thats generally at the bottom of most struggles, or is it a more straightforward weight not coming off as quick as you did last time?

6 years older can make a difference, depending on the age you were then and now, metabolism does tend to slow over time, but thats no obstacle to losing, it just means that it might take a little longer to get where you want to be.
If it is more a motivational thing, then focus on why you want to lose, what you are wanting to achieve, and then look for the reasons its not happening yet. Having a clear head can make all the difference when you are doing something like this, stress is a well known cause of weight gain or retention and so the less stressed you are, the better your body will respond to your efforts.

Hope this is of some use, why dont you tell us a bit more about yourself, and which plan you are following, etc and we can find ways to help you!

Thank you for the welcome MadameLaMinx

Lack of motivation is a big problem, also i can be very good all day long, then nighttime comes, i get home and logon to my computer and the munchies hit. I know i really have to break this routine now. Trying to grab syn free snacks like grapes, instead of reaching for the biscuits.

I was 35 when i first did SW i am 41 now. I keep to mainly green days, i find these fill me up more. Will take your advice and focus on what i want to lose. Stress does play a huge part in my job so i have started doing Yoga on my WII. I sit on my bottom all day at work so don't get much of a workout. Working out has been a priority since rejoining Slimming world. I am not confident to go to the gym yet but i work out everyday on my WII and i do aerobics at home.

Have set my first goal of loosing another 7lbs to reach my stone award by the end of september.

I am amazed that just looking at the posts on this website is making me feel so motivated.:grouphugg:Once again thank you

Back