From here to Eternally Slim

This is without a question the most supportive and positive forum I have ever been on, I think because each one of us has stood in each others shoes at some point- we may all be choosing different paths to get to where we want to go, but we all are looking at the same pair of goalposts. When someone posts because they have lost their motivation, we all know exactly what they are going through, and have a pretty good idea of where their head is. It is an incredible thing to realise that so many virtual strangers can be so caring and giving to one another. It is like that "a trouble shared is a trouble halved" thing, except that here the trouble gets so widely shared that the trouble just stops being a trouble altogether.

Ok, lots of things jumped out at me about your post. Firstly the metabolism thing I mentioned. 35 is the age at which it begins to start slowing down, which is why the term middle-aged spread exists. As I said though, it's not a barrier, just something to consider when feeling down about your losses not being as speedy as they used to be. Use it as reassurance, not a stick to beat yourself with.

Next up, green days. Now, lots of vegetarians and vegans on this board and the majority do green days because it suits them, not eating meat makes red days more complex (but not impossible).

Assuming that you are not a vegetarian, which we have not established yet, it might be worth you throwing a bit more variety in there. You don't have to be hungry on any of the plans, and one of the things I have really valued about the SW plan is the massive variety it offers. This can be more beneficial than people realise. Changing about keeps your metabolism guessing, and keeps it from becoming sluggish. It may also be that high carbs don't suit your metabolism as much as it had in the past, so try throwing a few red days in to the mix, stack up the superfree on those days and make the
most of your two hex b choices. I suggested this to a woman in my WI group a couple of weeks ago and she tried it for a week and came back to a 3lb loss when she had spent quite a few weeks passing the same pound backwards and forwards.

You have the exercise under way, which is great and will help, and the yoga will definitely help with the stress. Why not book a massage or other relaxation therapy as a treat each time you get a new sticker - mark that half a stone with a nice positive and beneficial treat that will also help you with the plan!

You will get there, we will all help to make sure of that!

hey guys had a lovely tea

pork, soy sauce approx 100ml then 150ml water, peppers, onions, mushrooms, chilli flakes all frying up togehter, boil some rice and its as nice as a chinese.

feel really awful just found out from sister that i forgot my nephew's birthday, i never normally forget and feel horrible still will have to make it up to him

1.5 lb off for me - yey!! 1 more pound til club 10 :)

I'm sorry to hear that KitKat :( Everyone has definitely given a lot of good advice, so all i can offer are /hugs

Grats on the losses ppl who have managed :) And i hope any STS/gains change next week :)

Welcome Tiara!

I lost 2 lbs this week :) v happy.

Welcome Tiara!!!! MLM has given you some really sound advice there, as usual. She is definitly right about the metabolism!! I would also recommend uping your water intake, this can have a massive effect on boosting losses, even if its just one extra glass a day! Also uping you superfree food (ie fruit and veg) helps

For the computer loggin on munch session, i would recommend putting a picture of yourself at target next to the computer, this will help you to stop and think about what your about to eat before you do it. Stock the fridge full of sea food sticks (free on red & EE) veg crudettes (free on all plans) with a dip, Alpen Light bars (2 for a hex B) or if you have a few syns left; Quavers, squares, fun size choco late, small milky bars are all good for a munch or my personal favourite is fat free fromage frais mixed with a white chocolate options sachet (2.5 syns - and theres quite a lot!!) you can add fruit to it or just have it as it is.

Anyway i hope that's helped a bit! xx

Hey Luverick!! You dont bore us!! I like your babbling :D Im good thank you!! Was a bit naughty last night :booboo: I had the sausage pasta bake as planned but used a lloyd grossman sauce and then had some condensed milk for pudding!!! :break_diet: I feel really bad now as i wanted a good loss this week and now dont even think ill get a loss :rant2: xx

Well done on your loss Lenlu!! That sticker will be yours next week for sure!!!xx

Well done Zombie!!!! Your new plan is really working out well for you!! xx

Good Morning :)

Welcome Tirara, we re the same age, and I too find it hard to loose weight. Im fine when I first start a diet, it falls off, but after a few weeks, it slows down. Thats the point I used to feel demotivated. But with SW, the food you can have is endless, you aren't limiting yourself to just few food groups, and nothing is out of bounds. I went on hols a few weeks ago, gained way too much lol, but got back on plan quite quick and I must say that the EE plan for me was really easy to get back on track with. Look at what exercise you do, if you do nothing, just walk more each day to start with, get yourself a pedometer and start topping up the steps. Those steps, also mean cals burned!! ;) Id say really, find a plan that you can live with, it might not give brilliant losses each week, but a loss is always good whatever it is and even a week where you stay the same too. As you are maintaining what you have lost previously. Good luck with SW, we all are here to support you and look forward to chatting to you soon.

ZOmbie, well done on the 2lb loss :), thats fantastic.

Lenlu, go you.. 1.5lb loss and tha club 10 is next week me thinks :). Good work hun.

Hey pesty, look at what you had, and total up the syns, then deduct them from what you have left for the week, and you will still have syns to use each day. It wasn't all bad adn at times its nice to have something we like :).

Ronnie, that pork with soy and rice sounded yummyy, bit like special fried rice :). I like finding a reciped that works and tastes like a take away, you get that hit without the syns or weight gain, and hey.. you get to stay on track to loose weight too. All good :). Im a bit forgetfull when it comes to birthdays too, I have a calender on the wall in the kitchen, but I forget to look at it. I think we all have so much on our minds with work, kids, life etc... those extra things, seem to go out of our minds. Im sure your sister knew it wasn't meant and that it was out of character.

Got back from work last night at 10.45pm, and the training we had was really nothing to do with my project. But, still good to network with colleagues I suppose. I've taken to taking sleeping pills at night as this redundancy thing is really getting to me. My OH has not helped or supported me, and I remember a conversation a few months ago about contributing, and hed said that "If you don't contribute, whats the point in you being here". I pay towards the utilities here and also a third of the food bill as well. I lost £900 a month when I moved in with him last year and he knew I wouldn't be able to pay much. I do all the cooking and most of the cleaning. HE earns trebble what I earn and gets a £4000.00 bonus twice a year (which I never see anything of). Anyway, with me and my son, if Im out of a job, that would mean me being in so much debt, not sure what I'd do. Last night I asked him what would happen if I was out of a job, he said that "we'd have to sort something out". Not.. "don't worry Nick, I'll help". So am feeling a little lost right now with this hanging and finding it hard to sleep. Diet wise, im doing ok.. staying on track and chest infection has almost gone now, so will be at the gym Saturday and Sunday. So not all bad, lol..

Sorry to droan on, babbling over :)
Wishing everyone a good day. xx

pesty....i agree with what eternal flame said.......thats what i do if i go over syns by a smallish amount....go a bit less on other days to recoup so still under weekly,lol!!
only done it a few times mind...but did last night had choccie bar for 10 syns so will have a few days using less.
but a few weeks ago i had 3/4 of a ring doughnut...handful of chgips one day whick was 19 syns and the next day back at seaside i had 1/2 a portion of pie and chips which i looked up and was 30 syns......so i adjusted for rest of week making sure i was no higher than 105 syns and i lost 1.5lb :)

Katkit, you CAN cry, just dont do it in front of her. Of course you can cry! You are allowed to feel something about this while it is happening you know! Put on a brave face for her by all means, but for goodness sake dont stop yourself from feeling these things in a more private way. And you know what, even if you did crack in front of her, she would understand, you are human and you love her and its PERFECTLY ok to feel sad about this!!

You have to allow yourself to let these feelings out lovely. It is no wonder that you are feeling edgy and not coping so well with the plan at the moment, you are trying so hard to hold it all together. But you dont have to be strong ALL the time, and you are not weak if you let it out now and again. There is nothing at all that is good about this situation, other than at the point where it ends your friend will be in no more pain and have no more suffering.

You dont have to "grieve" for her yet, but you are allowed to feel sad that you know this is coming to an end and that it is happening to someone you care so deeply for.

(((hugs)))

HI MLM

Thanks so much for your comments - I have cried (alot) now and let it out I do feel alot better for doing this. Thanks to everyone for they comments where would I be without all of you.:thankyou:

Had chat with hubby - told him I was only joking when I said what I said, and couldn't he tell me my tone of voice. No he couldn't - I wanted to say welcome to my world when he says something that is mant as a joke but his tone of voice doesn't sound like it, but I didn't he apologised then I did so we are okay now.:)

Hi

Ok on a more postive note today I will get myself organised for the rest of this week and next for menus etc - being organised is the key into losing weight - so am off to make a list of what I want from the shops.

Speak to you all later:)

16 syns for loyds sauce which i had half of so 8 syns which is not that bad. However!! I had 4 heaped tablespoons of condensed milk so we'll call it 8 level tablespoons; 17 syns!! Plus 2.5 for the squirty cream and 3 digestives at 3.5 syns each is 10.5. Plus 3.5 syns for 28g of mozzerella!! and 4.5 for the quavers with my lunch, and 2 syns for mayo - OOPS!!!

So the total is... *drum roll please* 48 syns!!!

*GULP*

trouble is i havent really kept track of my syns this week but know i have been under every day. I think i will just be as good as possible until monday - no heavy drinking for me on sat!!!

Were having home made curry tonight, im going to have half a naan for 5 syns and avoid the poppadoms altogether and just fill up on curry :D

Im going to go for a STS this week - still being as good as possible, i think i just need to accept that ive made my own bed, so im just going to have to lay in it this week and undo as much damage as poss.

Thanks for your help Luverick and EF!!! xxxx

Pesty, ok... you've added it up, 48 syns, isn't 148 syns. You've been under every day, deduct the 10 allowance you would normally have? Which brings it down to 38 syns over. We are allowed a flexi day,now and then, and I'd bank that as a flexi day. You still really have 40 left for the week, so perhaps lower them a little. Todays dinner sounds good, and you could have a 1/4 of that naan bread which would bring it down even more for today and as you said you can still fill up on the curry, pack lots of veg in and of course rice too. If you have a STS week, then you'll be happy with that, but I think you will have a loss as you have been on track rest of week and will carry on doing that now till WI. Just for a tip, Dolmio sauces are lower then Lloyd Grossman's ones and the light one even more so.. will still give you that fab taste too.

Enjoy that curry hun, are you doing one from SW cook book?xx

(((Katkit))) Glad you and hubby have sorted things out, and glad you are feeling a bit better. Just make sure and let it out when you need to, dont let it build up. Everyone needs an outlet for emotions, hell, I reckon half the reason people end up so overweight on many occasions is due to trying not to let emotions out, we eat to damp them down, and then put on a wall of fatty protection that we can use to keep it all in. I think its really important to learn that its ok to be vulnerable.

Speaking of which, Nikki, you are feeling incredibly vulnerable at the moment and your OH is being no help at all. Sorry to be so blunt, and all that, but how hard would it be for him to simply say "we will get through it together."?? *MLM does angry face*.

However, you are stronger than you think. And you can deal with what is coming. It might not be a bad plan to start applying for other jobs, you don't have to take them, but it will get you back into practice for if the worst comes to the worst. Get some interviews under your belt, you might even find something that you would enjoy doing. Whether or not you are made redundant is out of your hands, but you do have control over how well prepared you are for that eventuality. With so much uncertainty, the best thing you can do is start putting plans in place for the worst case scenario.

This is an awful situation, but it is well within your power to be able to turn it around and make it a positive thing. Evaluate yourself, look at your skill set, and decide how you want things to go at that point. Having a plan in place will take a great deal of the stress due to the uncertainty away. If you are likely to get a redundancy payment, maybe you could do something for yourself? Think about your options.

You will get through this, and you will survive.

Hi all

First welcome to Tiara:) - I too have found it hard to lose the weight, but am determined to get it off once and for all. With everyones help and advice on here you'll sure to start losing again.:)

Pesty - Hoping you STS or lost fingers crossed for you.:)

MLM - as always good advice!:)

EF - Sorry too hear about your job :(- it is a worry and OH should be supporting you, My hubby has been just been made redundant - has signed on and gets 65.00 a week job seekers allowance but you can get more if you go for the JSA allowance which is means tested. Other benefits are available. Heres hoping you get something sorted out real quickly or the R doesn't happen to you.:)

Having just eaten my carrot and feeling I was being good :)I decided to tuck into some syns - oops- :(I can't find the syn value for PENN STATE Sweet and Spicy Salsa flavour Pretzels does anyone know how syns these are?
30g bag
125 cals
sugar 1.4g
Fat 3.5g
Sat Fats 0.2g
Salt0.4g

100g
415 cals
protein 8.5g
carbs 69.4g
sugars 4.5g
fat 11.8g
sat fats 0.8g

Got a feeling they may be high oops...:eek:

Best get back to writing menus for next week.:)

Have a good day everyone

Thanks MLM. My redundancy package will only be 2 months salary, which won't last long. There have been talks at work as there are 25% of us at risk in the Childrens Services, saying that the time that we will get our notices might not be till December (what a lovely xmas pressie). At the moment in our areas of work, there is nothing, apart from Agency Work and that pays less then I earn and just to make my ends meet, I'd have to be working 12 hour days. Which I will do to make ends meet for me and my son. Oh's money is his, and mine is mine! Thats how it started off and all his bonus's even though I'm here sitting his kids he's kept to himself, but OH could be supportive, but as he isn't its got me on the insecure setting at home and financially. Im not alone with this as there are people all over the UK being put through the same pressures with the cuts the government are making. Just doesn't make it easier when you are in the thick of it.

I'd be happy if the process in which the council promissed would work, so I'd be job matched with my skills, which puts me just into the band of a Social Worker (just not qualified), I wouldn't mind side stepping. Its just there are no jobs, so what they are promissing for us, can't possibly work. I'll do agency work til I get something else, so I'll be ok..

Anyway, I can't do anything till I know, just need to concentrate on me and my kids and loosing weight now, getting back to gym this weekend, to feel better.. and now looking forward to going away with me son in October (thank god I paid that off quick). I will find the strength again, I'm not the sort of person to sit in the corner and cry over it.. just need a bit of a shake to get me back into that fight mode, lol..

Thanks again for the chat. x

(((Katkit))) Glad you and hubby have sorted things out, and glad you are feeling a bit better. Just make sure and let it out when you need to, dont let it build up. Everyone needs an outlet for emotions, hell, I reckon half the reason people end up so overweight on many occasions is due to trying not to let emotions out, we eat to damp them down, and then put on a wall of fatty protection that we can use to keep it all in. I think its really important to learn that its ok to be vulnerable.

Speaking of which, Nikki, you are feeling incredibly vulnerable at the moment and your OH is being no help at all. Sorry to be so blunt, and all that, but how hard would it be for him to simply say "we will get through it together."?? *MLM does angry face*.

However, you are stronger than you think. And you can deal with what is coming. It might not be a bad plan to start applying for other jobs, you don't have to take them, but it will get you back into practice for if the worst comes to the worst. Get some interviews under your belt, you might even find something that you would enjoy doing. Whether or not you are made redundant is out of your hands, but you do have control over how well prepared you are for that eventuality. With so much uncertainty, the best thing you can do is start putting plans in place for the worst case scenario.

This is an awful situation, but it is well within your power to be able to turn it around and make it a positive thing. Evaluate yourself, look at your skill set, and decide how you want things to go at that point. Having a plan in place will take a great deal of the stress due to the uncertainty away. If you are likely to get a redundancy payment, maybe you could do something for yourself? Think about your options.

You will get through this, and you will survive.

Hi EF

I couldn't of said it better!

Kats

xx

KitKat, thanks honey. But as my OH earns way ove the bracket, being means tested means I won't get any help. But yes, OH is being a right AH at the moment, which is not helping in any shape or form. But hey ho, lol..

Having just eaten my carrot and feeling I was being good :)I decided to tuck into some syns - oops- :(I can't find the syn value for PENN STATE Sweet and Spicy Salsa flavour Pretzels does anyone know how syns these are?
30g bag
125 cals
sugar 1.4g
Fat 3.5g
Sat Fats 0.2g
Salt0.4g

100g
415 cals
protein 8.5g
carbs 69.4g
sugars 4.5g
fat 11.8g
sat fats 0.8g

Good news.. snacks that are low fat work out to 1 syn every 20 cals, hope that helps, all depends how many you had, lol.. but Im sure it wasn't too many syns. xx

Thanks EF I had the whole 30g bag so by the 1 syn every 20cals These are about 6.5 syns mmm alot but very nice and spicy. yum

Men are AH aren't they? Only good for one thing and we got machines for that...................mowing the lawn ladies!!!!!:8855:

Pesty, ok... you've added it up, 48 syns, isn't 148 syns. You've been under every day, deduct the 10 allowance you would normally have? Which brings it down to 38 syns over. We are allowed a flexi day,now and then, and I'd bank that as a flexi day. You still really have 40 left for the week, so perhaps lower them a little. Todays dinner sounds good, and you could have a 1/4 of that naan bread which would bring it down even more for today and as you said you can still fill up on the curry, pack lots of veg in and of course rice too. If you have a STS week, then you'll be happy with that, but I think you will have a loss as you have been on track rest of week and will carry on doing that now till WI. Just for a tip, Dolmio sauces are lower then Lloyd Grossman's ones and the light one even more so.. will still give you that fab taste too.

Enjoy that curry hun, are you doing one from SW cook book?xx

Thanks hun, all that was missing was a :asskick: :giggle:

Your right, its hardly like ive gone loopy and ransacked a cake shop is it *gets over self*

Thanks for the Dolmio tip!! I usually cook my own sauces but i just really couldnt make my self do it, it didnt help that there was a jar of sauce in the fridge looking at me lol.

MLM has given some sound advice there! I was made redundant last year and as soon as we heard that it might be happening i went looking for another job. I went for 4 or 5 interviews and it gives you so much more confidence and a chance to get use to the sort of questions they ask, etc.

I think you need to borrow this for your OH... :asskick:

He should be supporting you and should be there for you through what is a really difficult time esp with all the uncertainty that you have at the minute, it sounds as if he is making it seem like a massive effort and like he HAS to pull you out of trouble whereas he should offer to help you, a marriage is a partnership. Im sure you wouldnt put him through this if he needed your help - sorry, rant over :D xx

Aww thanks Pesty. Becuase we aren't married, and I just live here, I suppose he's just interested in looking after his own interests. I can't change him but I won't be dragged down by him either. I'll get something and I'll start doing my own thing, will save like a hamster now til "if" im made redundant and then look for somewhere else to live if he's still being an arse. I'll get financial help that way too, if needed.

Anyway, just made a fresh free leek, carrot, celery, tomatoe and brocoli soup for lunch. Am sure those veggies will boost my emotions :). Thanks again honey xx

Back