From here to Eternally Slim

Hrumph.

Gutted, grumpy and ... something else beginning with G.

Put on a pound this week, so I'm further away from my shiny than I was!

And I really have been 100% on plan this week, so it's NOT FAIR.

Grump. Grump.

twinz! *hugs*

I'm beyond pissed off. I stick to it 100% with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I gain 1lb. Some cow next to me ate kebabs, got wasted and lost 5lb this week :(

Hugs to you too, Hasta.

It's so not fair, isn't it.

Obviously, I'm not glad that you gained too, cos that would be mean. But at least with two, someone understands!

My mum had been away for a fortnight, and eating lots of bad things. Even she lost! But I'd swum 4 times, done 2 lots of C25K, and done the Vibrogym. And stayed on Plan.

Bum.

Gah, *hugs* to both of you. It really is horrible when you get an unfair gain when you have been good and some other member of the group has a big loss via the chip shop. Just remember when you are feeling crappy about it that its just one step in a much bigger journey (OVERUSED WORD ALERT) and that you will get to where you want to be, as long as you stay on the right cliche, I mean, path.

Bear in mind that increased levels of exercise cause water retention but this will pass - for want of a better expression.

Yes, well done, Kate. Sorry it wasn't as good as you wanted it to be, but 1 1/2 is still a great loss. Keep at it, and you should get it next time.

*hug* jim and hasta - sorry you guys didn't get the losses you deserved but keep at it and you will both have a fab loss next week :)

congrats to all who lost this week

commiserations to those who gained or sts - it will come off :)

Not having a great day today but things are looking up hopefully :)

hugs to jim and hasta too.....sorry you didnt get the losses you wanted,know how annoying it is when you put so much effort in with the exercise as well as being good,happened to me the other week too.
rosie...hope you are feeling better today?

im back on track properly now....managing to eat more after the extraction on monday so no longer worrying im not getting enough in! and i think the weekend off as i was away did me the world of good,i really do....no longer thinking about things i cant have etc,had enough and thoroughly enjoyed myself over weekend and sw is firmly back in my head and im all excited again so woo hoo!

Hiya all xx

Thanks for everyones hugs etc - really appreciated!! Nothing has really changed but feeling a bit more positive, everything will be ok I'm sure!

WI tonight for me.....du du duuuhhhhh!! Hoping for 2lb but we will see, had another chocolate week again....not loads but more than usual!

Morning everyone

Good luck at WI this eve Lenlu :).

So sorry I have been so unsociable last few days. Friday was an all go day, followed by saturday, hair cut and highlighted (not happy with), then the reunion later that eve - drank far too much and then went out for dinner later (very naughty :( ). Then out Monday after WI, drank far too much again.. and yesterday really paid for it. I don't often drink, so why I felt the need to really hammer it Sat and Monday, might be down to work I suppose. But still no excuse..

Anyway, have drawn a line and back on track 100% today. Had scrambled egg with a l/cow light trianlge and ham and tomato for brekkie, which really filled me up. Have bought some pasta n sauce with me for lunch (0.5 syn) and a big fruit salad. Then home to cook for kids and me (but saving mine for after gym), will have some sushi before I head to the gym.

My son had his physical test yesterday for the marines and didn't pass it. Passed the 1st part, but he had a problem with his knee and couldn't carry on with the 2nd part. So he has 2 more attempts and they will send for him again. He was devastated, bless him, not seen him cry like that for years. But it has shown him that he needs to train daily and the importance of warm ups and cool down after training and of course he knows what to expect from the test now too.

Hope everyone is good and will catch up with posts later. x

Hrumph.

Gutted, grumpy and ... something else beginning with G.

Put on a pound this week, so I'm further away from my shiny than I was!

And I really have been 100% on plan this week, so it's NOT FAIR.

Grump. Grump.

I know its no consolation but I bet you lose 'double' next week, happened to me before ;)

So sorry I have been so unsociable last few days. Friday was an all go day, followed by saturday, hair cut and highlighted (not happy with), then the reunion later that eve - drank far too much and then went out for dinner later (very naughty :( ). Then out Monday after WI, drank far too much again.. and yesterday really paid for it. I don't often drink, so why I felt the need to really hammer it Sat and Monday, might be down to work I suppose. But still no excuse..

My son had his physical test yesterday for the marines and didn't pass it. Passed the 1st part, but he had a problem with his knee and couldn't carry on with the 2nd part. So he has 2 more attempts and they will send for him again. He was devastated, bless him, not seen him cry like that for years. But it has shown him that he needs to train daily and the importance of warm ups and cool down after training and of course he knows what to expect from the test now too.

At least you've drawn a line under it so no problem there :)

How upsetting for him, I really hope he manages it on the next one. Does he actually have a problem with his knee or is there a chance it was just a one-off, I really hope so?

Big hugs to Jim & Kate for the Shineys 'just' escaping (little bleeders :mad:) I know how you feel tho when you've been an angel ALL week.....and the scales dont show much for it :sigh: thats what happened to me last week. Next week will prob be a fab week all round tho eh :D

Glad to hear you're on the mend Luverick....and back on track with a fresh and focussed sw head :)

Sorry about your sons bad luck yesterday EF....heres hoping its a prob that can be overcome in the future? Hows the hangover now :rolleyes: god Its been a while since I had one of them, I cant drink now but was a lightweight when I did.....the last hangover was the SW group xmas meal last year - I was soooo poorly all wkend after a good few glasses of red and a good few more vodka n diet cokes....I thought I was gonna die I was so sick :eek: LMAO

Well Ive devised a good way to get my fluids in (actually I cant take the credit for it my OH thought of it) Ive ditched the pint glass as its just overfacing me and sits getting warm on the table....and OH nags as Ive been drinking less and less everyday lately....which really isnt good on my head meds.

So Ive got a half pint glass, on the hour I fill it with NAS juice and drink it down at the sink...then I refill it and drink it over the rest of the hour. Ive actually done 6 pints already today without even noticing! thats 4 pints more than id manage in a whole day normally :D woohoo - go me!

Sorry to hear about your son EF!!! I mustv missed that part of your post!!! Still at least he has 2 more tries and as you said he now knows what to expect and how hard he'll have to train for it!!

That's quite clever CD!!! My way of doing it is i have to have a glass of water before im allowed any other drinks or meals. I.e if i want fizzy i have to drink a pint of water first or 1 pint before breakfast, lunch and dinner. I drink it down in one go and dont even notice ive had it!!

Its suprising how many times i have thought i was hungry then had a pint and not felt hungry at all!!

xxx

Thanks Pesty, Adsnan and Cd. Rhys has become a little down on himself, so hope he gets back up there again. Hol next week so that should make a difference.

Adsnan, he's never had any real problems with his knees, he used to run for the district, and did long jump too, so pretty sporty. He did a sports course last year as well. So hoping it was a one off and that he didn't warm up at all for it, or do any previous training for 4 days either. So I think this will give him the shock that he can't assume anymore, and that he needs to work for it. He has days when he's realy unmotivated and doesn't do much at all, unless Im behind him, typical 17 year old really. But am getting fed up with that now and if he does not do this for himself then I'll have to leave him to it.

Food has gone well today, on track 100% as planned, really need to do this.

CD and Pesty, water is a god send on any diet, it really boosts losses too. I try and drink as much as I can, but If I focus on it, you can feel less sluggish, so its def all good.

Well done on the loss Kate - anything off is a good loss :).

J of T, I reckon thats fluid build up, so get your water down you girl and it'll be off next week :).

At last my hangover has now gone, still had a bad head this morning, but after brekkie and lunch, feeling like my old self again. Don't usually get a hangover, but I guess thats age for you, lol.

Right off home now to cook and get ready for the gym, have a good evening girls and guys. xxx

Kate - It is hard - a lot harder than most people would think if your not a big drinker!!

Try and get it over with! lol like CD said, drink half a glass at the sink - just down it!! and then take half a glass with you. You'll instantly double what you drink!

xxx

Hi all - it's been a horribly busy day at work today, so I haven't been posting.

Thanks for the hugs: I don't like gaining, particularly when it's so undeserved, but so long as that pound, and at least a couple more ;)) come off next week, I'll be happy!

And it's definitely true that you need to drink as much as you can (but WATER, EF, not the other stuff!!!), cos it really helps.

I think actually, from what all of my body seems to be doing, that I'm due a rogue TOTM - which is really pooey. But also I'd really upped my exercise, which does give you a short term gain until the water sorts itself out. So I'll only really worry if I don't lose next week. (Even if I was just a leeeeetle bit grumpy last night!)

So, thanks Adsnan, Lurverick, Rosie, CD, good luck & glad things don't look so bleak, Lenlu, well done, and glad you're feeling better and sorry about your son, EF, and come on Hasta & Kate - let's get right back on that waggon and show 'em what we can do!

Hi EF, haven't posted for a long time so thought I'd call in and say hi!! Hope you're not letting your indulgent week get you down! I went to Spain and felt horrendous on Monday at WI discovering I'd gained 5.5 lb! At the time when you're enjoying and having a good time you don't care so much but it's a different story when you step on those scales!! Hope that like me you are now feeling more positive and on track! Sorry also to hear about your son's disappointment! He must be feeling very low too, but if it's not a chronic knee condition I'm sure next time he'll be fine- it's just awful to have to go through it all again and delay the process! Take careXXXX

1lb gain this week but not totally gutted and it might give me a kick up the bum!!! I need the toilet, it's totm and I need to up my water intake. I'm going for an angelic week!!!

Hey Guys

EF sorry about your son not passing the test, fingers crossed he will do it next time. :)
Glad you're feeling better now after your weekend :)

Sorry to hear about all the gains - but they are only slight ones and will no doubt be gone next week with a bit added on (or should that be lost!) along with them :)

I think I messed up my lovely syn free dinner - did a roast chicken and roast veg - except I put the veg in with the chicken to cook and didn't realise till I was serving it that it was basically cooking in the chicken juice's - my mind is elsewhere at the moment - TOTM is late and things are just a bit up the left - so if anyone can let me know if I have to syn my veg (am crossing fingers that I don't) then please let me know!

Was on a lovely 100% day until dinner! I resisted having biscuits and chocolate today and was so proud of myself but now am just annoyed and gutted!

hi all, my boss was in today so could not lurk and post lol. only 2 days left till i leave and cant wait.

Sorry to hear about your son ef

will post lots more tomorrow as boss not in :)

Back