From here to Eternally Slim

Yeah, she couldnt stay in and pace with the rest of us, she had to go to a PUB QUIZ. Talk about rubbish priorities!!!

SOME of us were on the edge of our office chairs waiting with baited breath and clicky fingers...

Morning all!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone - if only i read them last night, i fell off the wagon with an almighty thud. My dress finally arrived from China last night - i had to go to the depot to pick it up, so after an hours worth of driving and waiting about i get home and open it - ITS STUNNING!!! So i excitedly get changed and it doesnt fit, i stood in the mirror tears streaming down my face, ive not felt that rubbish in ages.

Stupid thing is, it's too big - i mean the measurements lied cuz its more a 18 than a 14. I know i should be happy as ive lost weight - which i have been aiming to do for this occasion all year, but the stunning dress looks awful!!

It has a v at the back which even if i pull the ribbons so that its closed still makes the dress at least 2 inches too big. Ive emailed the seller but there wont be much they can do as a new dress wouldnt get here in time. Its too costly to get it taken in - im still going to a seamstress this lunch just to see how much it will cost. Im just heart broken!! I can wear a underskirt higher up which bulks it out a bit but then it makes me look bigger which isnt what i want as i lost weight especially!! Ive stopped doing the Shred as i cant lose any more inches. I will start again after the ball!

Im sorry to moan i know so many of you are going through worse things but i had to get it off my chest and have a little rant with you all.

MASSIVE well dones to kate, Sarah and HLV!!! Im really pleased for you all - you definitly deserve it!!

Oh Pesty. I'm so sorry that your eagerly-looked-forward-to dress is such a disappointment.
It's lovely that you're so much smaller than you were - and you need to take some comfort from that - but obviously that doesn't help when it means you can't look as stunning in the dress as you deserve to after all your hard work.
I really hope the seamstress can help.
Do you have a Plan B at all? I know it's devastating that Plan A might not be the amazing success that you planned, but I hope it won't totally spoil the evening that you'd been looking forward to so much.
Please don't ruin everything you've done by letting your wagon wobble last. You're worth so much more than that.

Big, big hugs...

Sarah x

Oh Pesty. I'm so sorry that your eagerly-looked-forward-to dress is such a disappointment.
It's lovely that you're so much smaller than you were - and you need to take some comfort from that - but obviously that doesn't help when it means you can't look as stunning in the dress as you deserve to after all your hard work.
I really hope the seamstress can help.
Do you have a Plan B at all? I know it's devastating that Plan A might not be the amazing success that you planned, but I hope it won't totally spoil the evening that you'd been looking forward to so much.
Please don't ruin everything you've done by letting your wagon wobble last. You're worth so much more than that.

Big, big hugs...

Sarah x

Thank you Sarah, you are right and if i look at it as i should (ie i didnt start SW just for this ball) then the fact that im smaller than their size 14 should make me ecstatic!

I will let you know what the seamstress says, i think it just upset me as i worked so hard on the shred to try and lose some inches in the worry that the dress would be too small and then for it to arrive 2 sizes too big was more shock that brought me to tears than anything else.

I really appreciate your response to me, its made me feel loads better and thanks to your diary i am inspired to start writing my week down with speedy foods included - turns out ive had none today as salmon and bananas which are thought were - are not!!

Thanks again huni xxxx

Hi All
Just a quickie....Ive been under a blanket since yesterday with the lurgy....feeling absolutely pants :( managed a pasta n sauce yesterday and some breakfast rice today.....Cant taste anything and just feel full of cold, crap and aching all over:eek: Hope I feel better by tomorrow cos Ive got to travel to leeds to have the trial for the super duper hearing aids - I really dont want to have to cancel that :(

Really well done on the Shineys Girls! :D

Sorry to hear about the dress pesty :( hope the seamstress can do something for you.

Off back to my blanket now with my germs lol. will catch up later xx

Oh dear, CD. I really hope you feel better soon, and it doesn't stop you getting your new amazing ears.

So ive been to the seamstress...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

ITS BL00DY CLOSED ON A WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

How wicked can one persons luck be??? xx
aarrggghhhh nooooooo!!

*hugs* pesty - so sorry that the dress didn't fit and was such a disappointment. I think sarah has said it all really. I guess in one respect it's great that it wasn't too small - but then too big is just as bad. I really hope you can get to the seamstress tomorrow to find out if she can help.

CD - I hope you're feeling better hun, and that you manage to make it to your appointment tomorrow for the trial.

*hugs* to everyone else, hope you're all doing well.

I'm starting to feel the effects of morning sickness at the moment - except it's lasting all day on and off! Not good fun - but hopefully it will help me continue losing weight at the moment, I know I have loads to spare!

Lost 2.5 this week, so getting back on track!!! I'm sat at group still so will read threads properly later x

Thanks Sarah - happy with that, now just to continue it!!!! Thats the hardest part!!!

well i don't know how i managed it but i had a loss of 2.5lbs at weigh in last night, i was so sure i had put on and was a little apprehensive of getting on the scales but was very pleasantly surprised, yay!

Back