From here to Eternally Slim

Well done Mel - the suprise losses are always the best!!

Lenlu!!! Well done for getting back on track huni - and you got a good loss to show for it!!

So i went back to the seamstress this morning, they will only work on their own dresses :( so i went back to work, found another seamstress and asked them for a price - £75!!!!!!

I may as well just buy a new dress!!!! My friends mum has offered to do it for £15 bless her, but she hasnt seen the dress yet as it has beading on both sides it will be a pain to take in. I have also emailed china and they said they will send a new one but it takes over a week to get here and the ball is next saturday!!

I duno what to do!!!! xx

aww pesty - is there a faster shipping service china people can use? I would still get them to send another as it could get here on time.....

Thanks Lenlu, i have emailed them and i just have to wait for a response now. I have stressed that i would need them to guarantee delivery. If not i will just have to wear a dress that's too big!! xx

So I went for a bike ride and swim this morning but now feeling quite rough think I may be coming down with something :(

Can anyone help me with a question I am pondering right now, what weight is ideal for being able to fit into a size 16 dress comfortably???

I have 6 months until my sisters wedding so am hoping that I will be able to buy a size 16 dress so would be nice to know what I need to work towards to get there!

I am trying to add some green days into my weekly planning meals so that I am able to get 2 A's & B's if I so wish

Now i'm rambling lol, hope you all have a good week

I don't know if it worlds like that, Mel. I think it depends on your shape, and what weight you are, at the size you are.

A lot of people say that a dress size is about 10lb. I can say for certain that it isn't for me. I find it's about 1 1/2st to move comfortably from right in the middle of one dress size to right in the middle of another.

You might just have to compare the size you were at your biggest weight with the size you are now, and try and calculate how it would work for you.

But if it helps at all, I'm about a Size 16 now, at just over 13 stone. But I can't pick something up and be sure that the 16 will be right, because makes of clothes differ: yesterday my Size 14 trousers were probably looser than my Size 18 top. But I'm big busted, and the trousers are definitely not a true 14!

Unfortunately all manufacturers' sizes are different, and all womens' shapes are different too. It's a bit of a guessing game!

Hey Mel, hope your not coming down with something and feel better soon!!! As said above its not an exact science but if it helps to get a rough idea i was a size 16 at 13 stone.

Sarah - I think you right - a dress size is not 10lb! Ive lost 2 stone and i started at a 14/16 and am now a 12/14 so have lost 1 and a half dress sizes and have which would be 17lb but ive lost 28!

Hmmmmmm.... i feel cheated lol

xx

Blah, I feel ..... rotten this morning, headache sore throat runny nose etc etc!!!! Supposed to be going out tonight but really don't feel like it at this moment in time. All I keep thinking about is grabbing a bar of choccy, lol .. not good!

Lol! Sarah I wish :D but I think later on I will be getting a bar, hardly used any syns yesterday so going to treat myself, just wish I had the energy to get up!

Morning World

Im still feeling really crappy full of cold but managed to get myself to group to WI last night......managed a 2lb loss wahey
sport-smiley-001.gif
.....possibly due to not eating very much but im not complaining
redface.gif
:D

Ive not caught up over the thread yet (boy you lot cant half natter lol
tongue.gif
) but I'l try today!

Update on my hospital visit yesterday for my 'new ears'...... well its a bit more complicated than I thought it was going to be ( I thought I was going to come home with hearing aids yesterday
redface.gif
. But it turns out that the tests Ive had show that Im suitable to have a BAHA ....bone anchored aid, which means having another operation to implant something in my skull to attach a sound processor to (very sci fi lol)
anyway.....they put one on a metal headband to show me what it would be like - and told me to put my finger in my 'hearing ear' then stood behind me and asked me my date of birth!!!! OMG I burst into tears
redface.gif
I could hear!!! through my dead ear!!!!!! (or the unit gave that impression - it was actually sending the sounds thru my bones to the other ear??? (dont ask...Idont know how that works but it did!!:))

So theyve sent me home to try it for 4 weeks in different situations, shopping, going to group,watching telly etc (only prob is the headband really is tight and hurts a lot after a short time....plus it has a big black thing sticking out that makes me look like a dalek according to my OH LMAO
laughing-smiley-014.gif
......but he said this behind my back while I had my finger in my ear and I heard him
wink.gif
wink.gif

If I agree to having it done then its gonna be after the new year (mexico hol) then the implant has to graft with my bone for 2 months before Im 'switched on with a processor' but Im mega excited about it.....its gonna make such a difference to my daily life
biggrin.gif
sport-smiley-001.gif
This morning I found myself waiting for the kettle to boil with my back to the telly at the far side of the room- stood with my finger in my ear listening to the news :confused: My OH thinks Ive lost the plot Lmao :eek::eek:
x x

Hey, CD, that sounds like brilliant news!
I mean, I'm sorry you're still feeling crappy, but I'm glad about the weight loss (however it was achieved), and the hearing thing sounds amazing. Sort of like Geordie in Star Trek TNG - but with ears instead of eyes!
A bit scary, obviously, but it sounds (geddit???) as though it would make a major difference in your life - I mean once you stop having to look like a dalek!

I really hope this means your life's going to take a major turn for the better - you deserve it.

Awwww CD!!!! Im so pleased for you!!! It must be amazing to know that there is something they can do to help you!!! And lots of fun listening to people that dont think you can hear them haha

Well done on your loss too huni!!! xxxx

Mel - sorry to hear your not feeling well huni, it always hard to go out when your feeling rubbish, hope you feel better soon!!

So i cant remember how far i got but due to the cost of the alterations china are sending me a new dress. However they have asked me to send the other one back which obviously i havent done as i may end up with no dress at all!!!

I stopped my medication yesterday which was suppose to fix my 'lady troubles' to put it nicely. It did work whilst i was on it however now that my 3 month course has finished (4 days ago) im right back where i started with constant * week and immense stomach cramps.

Im going back to the doctors on the 19th Oct. As im so young they dont want to use a camera as it may disturb the womb and stop me from having children but i think im going to demand an ultra sound. At 22 years old i should not have put up with constant * week for a year and still believe them when they say 'its normal' only then to try lots of medication on me!!

The plummer stood us up for the 3rd time in a row last night so i have been in a bad mood AGAIN, i hate being moody but it's like i cant stop myself. This is also a symtom which i suffer with the womb issues.

Still its Friday so that's one reason to be happy lol.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!! xxxx

CD.....woo hooo!!!! thats fantastic news,really pleased for you!! and well done on the loss.

PESTY....hope the new dress comes in time for you hun and omg i hope you get your lady troubles sorted soon,sounds awful for you ((((pesty))). and grrrr to the plumber.

well im not on here for long...cant manage to site here for long at a time.....the lurgy got me and its got me good and proper!!! so far sticking to plan though,but finding it a bit hard as when i have a coldy flu bug i tend to get ravenous,luckily though its savoury things rather than sweet.
so ive decided to go green and hope the carbs all fill me up.

OOH Pesty Ive got as many things crossed as I can that your dress arrives in time hun ;) and I do hope that you manage to get something sorted out about your lady problems, that must be terribly draining all the time :( Im not surprised it makes you grumpy....you're far too young to be putting up with those symptoms all the time!

Im still playing catch up with the thread between sitting under my blanket - without wanting to miss anyone out (im feeling bog eyed) Big hugs to the lurgy affected amongst us...and anyone else who needs one. conrats to those who did well at WI. And Thankyou all for being happy for my new ears coming soon :D

Im going to take them off now and put them in the box cos ive had enough listening to the telly with my finger in my ear :rolleyes: such a wierdo or what lol :D x x

Back