From here to Eternally Slim

Thanks to the new Minimins phone app, that idea suddenly becomes a lot easier to carry out!

Ok - in the dried cupboard we have...
Plenty of rice and pasta
Ainsley Lentil Dahl
Instant mash
Tin of spam
Tinned tomatoes
Tuna
Noodles
Stock and herbs and spices

Fridge

Eggs
Carrots
Sweet potatoes
Onions
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Greek yogurt
Tofu
Mackerel fillets
Quark (best before tomorrow)
Yogurts
Milk etc

Freezer

Chicken (two meals worth)
Mince (two meals worth)
Frozen veg - varied
Some sort of fishy thing.

Have about 30 quid for milk bread and bits and bobs.

May need to use tuna on kids meals so avoid that if possible.

now the mince and the chicken....2 meals worth you say...hmmm before i start concocting things could this be stretched further? as in use less in curry or summat and bulk up with veg? to get a third meal?

and do you have an aldi near you that you can go to?

not particularly near no, nearest one is about 15 minutes in the car from here. I also have a packet of frozen prawns to add to the list, and some pork that can be stirfried or curried.

ok asked about the aldi as the super 6 at the moment is 2.5kg bag of baking potatoes,pack of fine green beans,net of 6 oranges,net of 5/6 lemons,pack of leeks.....all 59p each.we often have to rely on these super 6 deals when having a crap week then tailor our meals around them.

with list so far....

omlette meal.....maybe with sw wedges.
cottage pie....with veg and mince/onions/tin toms.
chicken curry....with chicken x 1 and maybe bulk with veg.and rice.
pasta bol....mince x 2 tin toms/onions etc.
stuffed chick breast...stuff with quark,add herbs etc to quark for the taste.

I am not destined to be one of the "I had a kebab and lost 5lb" brigade.

Good. Cos if you were I'd have to hate you. On principle.

What CAN you do with Scooby Doo Pasta Shapes and green teabags??

Ooh, I love challenges. My food cupboard occasionally poses me a similar question, but I will bend my "not inconsiderable intellect" (that's a quote, by the way!) to your problem.

Off the top of my head, and in addition to Lurverick's inspired suggestions, I'd go for using lots of veg to pad out the lentil dahl to make a good thick veggie curry, and serve it on roast sweet potatoes.

But I'll give it some more thought and come back later.

Good call! Having a red day today to try and damage limit before WI tomorrow. Have consumed the last of my scan bran stash with some tuna that I split with BabyMinx for her sandwich, and some cherry tomatoes. So we are - 1 tin of tuna on the list.

JR Minx has informed me that he wont be in this evening so I can use up the four veggie sausages I have left in the freezer and do a mini fry up with scrambled egg and tinned tomatoes and mushrooms, and toast for Mr Minx but not me.

Well it was all going so well until the children decided they wanted to make Halloween cookies. :(

Willpower fail. Gah. Right. Line drawn at WI tomorrow. I shall accept the gain, beg her not to mention it and start afresh. Couple of weeks of focus and I should be right as rain. Need to be or I will be out of target without ever really experiencing it!!

Didn't even enjoy the cookies. :(

Hey minxy, you could do a tofu scramble with the tofu, minimum veg needed just lots of spices and some onion/carrot. I like mine with baked beans and sw chips. Tofu scramble is really filling.

Also look out for stew packs in the supermarkets, they should be mega cheap right now and could make 6 portions for around a quid.

I've made random concotions with rice, tinned toms, onions, garlic and spices before that were pleasant enough.

Also If you can fork out spare cash for tinned beans/lentils then go for it. They can bulk out dishes and make them go a bit further

Morning everyone

Minxy.. great ideas to be creative, halloween cookies coudln't be left just to the kids, you had to join in after all. So justification there me thinks. WI this eve will be either a sts or a slight gain at the very most, but either way you will come bouncing back with the motivation to get any gain off. I have faith in you ;)

Hasta.. I just love SW chips and beans.. mmmmm :)

Luverick, you really are good with your ideas. I think I need to sort the freezer out too. I have lots of salmon in there, so thinking thai fish cakes, salmon and stir fry veg..

JOT, curry would be my choice there too.

In addition to the above Minxy, your Quark, could be used in an omelette. It really tastes nice, and really filling too. Id add the fresh tomatoes and onions with the tofu would be nice in that too. I've used quark just after its use by date and its fine. Id not use it 3 days after but up til then, taste is just the same.

Me and OH had a major row Saturday and yesterday, over something his son said to him about me, that he felt the need to relish in. Always seems to be that when things are going well, something always happens. And me being an emotional eater, but under stress I can't go near food. Yesterday was a day off plan, but ate 2 sandwiches and a banana - felt sick most of the day with the virus then that on top of it didn't help much at all. Within the row, came the slagging me off, so did little for my self esteem. However.. this morning, I have got up "fighting" for myself. Have planned to go to the gym and work hard Tues,Wed, Thurs (after WI) and Sunday. Which will get me out of the house, make me feel better about myself and will not think constantly of food (as I do 95% of the day). Popped on scales this morn and they look ok, so hols gain is more or less off, but will know officially on Thurs.

Right, off to work on NVQ, home study day today, so will pop in and out when I can. xxx

Last edited:
EF!! Lovely to see you back huni!! Sorry to hear you've not been to well and that your OH is being an idiot. It does always seem to happen when people just get confortable with the way life is going!! Good for you coming back with a fighting spirit!!

CD hope your feeling better since the endo. Ive been in a meeting this morning so havent had a chance to check out your diary but i will do very soon!!

Hope everyone else is getting over their bugs, virus' and flus!!! ((hugs to you all)

I had a really fun weekend, halloween party was AMAZING pics in my diary before you all say that i havent posted them lol.

Im not too optimistic for WI tonight tho as there was a lot of alcohol and i bumped into a bag of haribo yesterday but we shall see.

xxxx

Woww Pesty.. you're pics are fab.. you must have really worked hard on the make up, eyes look sooo scarey..and you have amazing legs, lol..

Great to be back on too and thanks for your support as always :). OH really knows how to hurt me and doesn't seem to care either it seems. So need to carry on saving and once the job has been made safe (fingers crossed) im off with my son. Til then i'll play the game.

Feeling in that mood where I can't eat as feel stressed, but just made some soup, so gonna have that at least its something.

Good luck with the WI, its been a tough week for everyone with food, but Im, sure you'll be fine hon xxx

I am really glad to hear you say that you are biding your time and preparing to move on EF.
It's about bloomin time Missus.

I hope that job safety comes sooner rather than later, but you have put up with enough - so just keep squirrelling away until the moment comes that you can strike and get the hell out of there. Channel your fighting spirit productively into making gentle enquiries, saving where you can, focus on your SW, because your confidence will grow boundlessly as you begin to regain control over various parts of your life, and the more confident you become, the easier it will be to make the move. Seems like OH will go out of his way to destroy your confidence, but its going to become your strongest weapon, so do NOT let him make even one tiny dint in it.

Hugs xx

That's it, Minx. The Dunkirk spirit.
Sorry it's so tough, EF, but she's right. That's what makes us so strong, isn't it?
It's a pile of very smelly poo when we're going through it, but (like the best manure) that builds us up into what we'll be when we come out on the other side.

That's either very poetic, or complete bull**** - not quite sure.

(I'm sure MLM will tell me, though!)

Thanks Sarah and Minxy

Had to check the my account this morning as shopping money (he's supposed to pay in each month) hadn't gone in. We aren't talking, so I've asked what he's doing with re to that by text (I hate talking like that - emotionless) and when the money would go in. He gets paid on the 27th. £350 should have gone on and it didn't. The answer was that we'll do our own thing this month.. Couldn't leave that as I'd shopped on Sat and spent £135 for the week, he'd (and his son) eaten here Sat and Sunday (what I'd cooked too), so he's reluctently putting it in today. I ask you.. I shouldn't have to have that crap. But.. its making me put my emotional wall up higher, so I can do this and soon this won't affect me.

Im at a loss financially, so need to bide my time and yes.. squirelling. As i'm not married and don't have my name on the mortgage, (he happily pointed this out to me yest), I will walk away with nothing. Even though when I moved in last summer, I gave up everything in my rented house as there was no room for my furniture (he said). Thing is at the time, I said I didn't want to be put on the mortgage as it was his and his kid's home, so didn't even want to contemplate splitting up and being financially ok if I did. Who would?? But my eyes are OPEN now and what money I don't spend on shopping will go away into my account now. I can cook and make food go further with more veg, pasta etc.. So thats my plan.

Re food wise, had some soup, and have put on sw beef stew in the slow cooker, smells yummy so will enjoy that later then save some for after gym tomorrow. Got some soup left and i'll take that into work tomorrow as well. So SW wise, its going ok. Can't think about any long term goals apart from feeling good and making sure my evenings are not here right now. So glad I joined a gym and has a lovely Costa too, so be nice to chill out after with a skinny latte and that will become my haven from this mental torture.

Thanks again girls, you are soo lovely xxx

Last edited:
That's really petty of him EF!! He prob only said 'we'll do our own thing' as he was more than aware that you'd already done the shop - and to not tell you that he hadnt paid the money in, well that's just damn right rude.

Seems how your 'doing your own thing' i suggest wafting the smell of your wonderful slow cooked casserole around the house then leaving enough for you and your son put the rest in a container in the freezer.

Dont let him take you for granted, your such an amazing person and yes what i have said above may seem a bit petty but he cant realise what he is missing if your not going anywhere - and i dont mean literally leaving, i mean take away all the things you do which he clearly doesnt appreciate. It seems he is playing a bit of one up man ship by not having put the money in your account and noting that you are not on the mortgage but you have far more to take away than just material things.

I know the above is what id wish i could do if i were in the same situation, obviously note what his reaction may be before actually doing it - i dont want to make things worse, i just want you to realise you are special.

xxxx

Omg!!! Ef you def have to look out for yourself and your son. Also try and keep a note of things that are going on for your own record and any escalating un reasonable behaviour, just in case......

On another note I hope to be around a lot more now......this app is brilliant!!! I do most of my browsing on phone but was such a hassle to reply, this is great!!!

As for me, had a crappy week food wise but just plodding on, only need 1 1/2 lb for my 3 stone award......just seems so far away!!!!

Thanks Pesty, and not not petty at all. He said that the money has left his accont from this morn, so will do that cooking for me and my son tomorrow if the money isn't there. I need to stop playing into his hands, as thats the thing that keeps getting ot me. I need to take control back and the more I do that, the better it'll be for me and my son. I don't deserve this and I need to feel that confident person again, fun loving with a sick SOH lol.. something that has gone in me lately. Not surprised why I keep getting virus's, am constantly run down. xx

Lenlu - thanks honey. He is a right B....d at the moment, and glad Im seeing him and his selfishness for what it is. It could have started if we got married, then i'd have been further down the road. So I can count my lucky stars there. You are doing amazing with your losses, keep it up. xx

oh ef ((((((((((((((((ef)))))))))))))),not much to say that hasnt been said already but wanted to give you big hugs,you make sure you take care of yourself.....you are a fantastic person hun and you dont deserve this.

weight wise i lost 0.5lb tonight.

Hurray for the app! I love it. So much easier than browsing and replying via the browser.

So *cough* 3 on. Deserved, lesson learnt, chocolate shunned. Onwards and back downwards. Is actually far better than the 6lb gain I came back from scotland with, and I shifted that in a week- so 3 should be a relative doddle although I don't have the resources for a fish week this time, but have had a perfect red day so far and still have all my syns intact coz I made a chilli without using purée, which actually turned out nicer than when I normally make it with purée - another lesson learned. Didn't have any rice or anything with my chilli.

Am stuffed, might not bother using my syns today coz I don't need them and I have clementines and muller if I get hungry later.

Well done Lurverick!!

Back