From here to Eternally Slim

Morning!

Firstly, good to know EF that things are moving on. And also good to know that you are learning stuff about yourself in the process. I guess from what you have said, that his former wife was much more of a pushover when it came to doing what he wanted - and so he probably cant handle it when you wont.

I would leave him to chew that over for a little while and then perhaps approach him with some form of compromise as a way forward. If you can work on not kicking off when he does or says something you dont like, that benefits both of you - because he wont fire off the back of that - but also wont get the reaction he was looking for, and you will be much more in control of the emotional side of things.

I think he needs to realise that whilst you happily came to this relationship and gave up pretty much everything you own to be in it, that doesnt mean that he has the upper hand and controls you. You are in a vulnerable position - and he has to some degree played on that, but you just showed him that you are not as vulnerable as he thinks you are and so if he does make stupid comments about how he has it all and you have nothing, it will seem a lot more hollow now, particularly if you just give him a look of disdain and wander off and do your own thing rather than being hurt by it and fighting.

Actually, it would probably be worth reminding him (calmly) that you willingly came to this relationship knowing that it would provide you with no real security and that you did not want to take anything away from his children, and that him using that as a weapon against you is incredibly unfair given that you did it in good faith.

Perhaps you can use this as part of the compromises that you will need to come to in order to move this forward positively. He needs to view you as more of an equal rather than an unpaid maid, and you need to learn to walk away and take a deep breath and go back and discuss things when you are calmer about them and once you have decided whether they really matter.

I hope that this begins to shift the balance of power in your relationship and that you can begin to find a happier and harmonious ground. Maybe you could suggest this, that you go back to the start, and work on learning more about each other, and try and remember what brought you together in the first place. If you both can try (and it does depend on both of you, and not just you trying) then you may just be able to salvage this. If ultimately this relationship still ends, you will know you did everything you could to try and sort it out and can leave in good conscience.

Well said, MLM. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I hope this does give you something you can build on, EF, and end up with either a much stronger, healthier & happier relationship, or at least a much stronger, healthier & happier you.

We're all here for you, when you need our support. (And probably interfering when you don't, too!)

Hugs

Sarah xx

*hugs* EF I think you've been very brave in all this so far - it's not easy to face up to problems and actually try and deal with them, and that's what you're trying to do. I totally agree with what MLM has said and that you both need to work out what you both want out of this and then go from there.

I have to admit that I am exactly the same as you and will lash out verbally when I'm riled up about anything. It's not easy to be able to deal with and I do wish you all the best with dealing with this side of things as well. I find that I actually have to shut my mouth and just walk away otherwise things just get out of hand.

Thanks Minxy, Pesty and Lenlu, Sarah and Rosie. Thank you for those words of wisdom MLM much food for thought. Feeling much better about things and also that at least I will be out for quite a lot of the time as well.

Re the money thing, that definately is the route of all evil with him, has that over me every day and the fact that his house his his too. He really has turned into a nasty piece of work.

Looking forward to the weekend to work and seeing my family and actually feeling some real genuine warmth around me, as it is here too.

xxx

Cant say anymore than the fabulously wise MLM and others but just wanted to send more massive hugs (((((((((((ef))))))))) and say im very proud of you mrs! you stand your ground.....you are such a fantastic person and you truly dont deserve this.

me wise im on plan and chasing that target but not as go-gettingly as id hoped to be! been feeling queasy since last night so the speed/superspeed/fish and scan bran plansd have gone out of the window.....im on plan but just eating what i can and tbh forcing myself sometimes as i know its best.

hope everyone is having fab sw weeks :) xxx

1lb off for me this week - so now just 0.5lb from my 3 stone award :) Im ok with the small loss, its TOTM and also I have been naughty and not on totally on plan :)

Well done Lenlu!! That's a great loss all things considered!

Permit me, if you will, a five minute indulgent rant- which i have locked myself in the bathroom in order to compose on my phone.

GAAAAAAHHHJJHHHHHHwhdjjdjdjdjdjd!!

So, as you know, I mucked up last week and overspent and so we are living on the contents of the cupboards until Friday. My own fault, got carried away a bit and so I have no cause for complaint, but having spent yesterday running around like a fly with a blue backside, part of which I spent hunting for my cashcard with which I could retrieve the last twenty pound we own, I find myself today having to cancel it because it's just lost. So tomorrow I will have to trek into town and beg for it over the counter equipped with letters to identify myself. There is very little left in the way of food now, we had 4 weetabix which would have lasted middleminx till Friday when I can go shopping but DH let her eat one as a snack when she came in so now we don't have enough to last and so I will have to buy more tomorrow. Then Jr Minx decides to pop in at about 5pm to inform us that his gf is staying for tea. I had 3 chicken breasts left from yesterday, that we had to buy because the ones in the freezer were frost damaged, which I planned to make Italian chicken and pasta with. I still did that - but now I am having a bowl of porridge for tea instead. I have to go to the bank every time I need money for at least the next week, which is no mean feat when it is middleminxs birthday on Friday and I will need to get her presents and sort out her party.

As I said, all my own fault - but I am just so cross with myself for getting into this mess and everything being so flipping complicated!!

Oh, AND, I did have enough cereal bars and yogurts to last me the week, and now I don't and we have virtually nothing SW friendly left in the house now. So gaaaaah some more!!

Ohh MLM.. Don't worry, look at what is left food wise and go for the least saturated fat in food. Can you make a stew or some soup? GEt your list up of what is left and we will help you. Im sure we can come up with a few more ideas and ways to help with the bday party too. Hugs xxx

Cant say anymore than the fabulously wise MLM and others but just wanted to send more massive hugs (((((((((((ef))))))))) and say im very proud of you mrs! you stand your ground.....you are such a fantastic person and you truly dont deserve this.

me wise im on plan and chasing that target but not as go-gettingly as id hoped to be! been feeling queasy since last night so the speed/superspeed/fish and scan bran plansd have gone out of the window.....im on plan but just eating what i can and tbh forcing myself sometimes as i know its best.

hope everyone is having fab sw weeks :) xxx

Thanks you sweetie.

Wouldn't worry about what you are eating as long as its on plan, I know we all try and do these weeks to boost our losses, but when it gets really tough, we can only do what we can do. Keep it up, as you are doing well xxx

Oh it gets worse EF, I just realised I cant have porridge either coz I have no hexs left, I was so stuck for something for lunch that I ended up having breakfast twice, muller yogurt, cereal bar and a couple of clementines. AND I have used all my syns coz I found a bar of green and blacks in the cupboard and ate half of that in a fit of temper. So I guess we have to call this an offplan day and do it as calorie counting instead of via any of the three available plans. Tomorrow should be more manageable because I can get that money from the bank and get some supplies in to last till Friday.

Ok, sum total of todays calories. Muller x 2 - 194 cals. 1 x fibre plus 1 x Hi-fi - 226 - 50g of green and blacks chocolate - 290 - 4 x clementines - 96 cals. Several cups of tea with skimmed milk and NAS juice, estimate 100 cals. Thats 906 so far today, not to mention an absolutely DREADFULLY unbalanced diet.

If I use water in the porridge and powder sweetener, I reckon as a portion it will be about 250 and so that takes me up to 1156, and I will be stuffed and not need to have any supper. I wont eat the porridge till about 8pm anyway.

There really is nothing you could put a meal together with in the cupboards, unless you wanted to eat plain pasta. All thats left in the fridge is a muller, a particularly hard clementine, the tofu that I havent used yet, and a few eggs.

HOWEVER, there is GOOD news. It would appear that a fair chunk of my gain has already gone. Provided I manage the rest of the week ok, should be back to target by Monday, or the week after at the latest.

Well I wasn't going to tell you this Minx, cause I wanted it to be a surprise...but I think you need something to perk you up.

My SOTW basket was incredibly unvegan and so I posted pretty much all of it to you today. You have a pack of mince pie hi fis, 2 alpens, 3 mug shots and some rivita minis coming your way. Not a huge amount but it looks like you need some more cereal bars and the mugshots will be filling, one is a couscous pack.

It went first class this afternoon so should be with you by Friday.

Aw hastalavegan that's lovely, minx is very lucky to have a good friend like you x x

Thankyou so much!!! That is an incredibly lovely sweet and kind thing to do - although I already spoke to you on facebook so you know I think that anyway - you really are a splendid friend to think of me and go to that sort of trouble! I dont deserve you! ***GIANT HUGS***

aww shucks Minxy.

It was no trouble at all and I knew you'd appreciate the contents of the basket far more than my flatmates would. You've helped me out in the old food department in the past, I was so lucky to have a friend like you back then, so I'm glad I could give some back your way. I haven't forgotten that Asda delivery, I still have the receipt in my special box and everything >_<

Love you lots mate, but you know that already and I won't go all soppy on you :D

Wow. It seems to have been an eventful day, and I've missed most of it cos I've been horribly busy!

Well done Lenlu.
Sorry your cupboard is like Old Mother Hubbard's, MLM. I hope the porridge was just right. (Not too hot; not too cold.)
And what a brilliant and uplifting idea, Veg. Just when MLM needed a boost. That's what friends are for.

I'm about to go and update my diary, as haven't been on at all today.
Hey ho.

Done that. And put some pics up - was trying on The Dress to check everything's ok. Obviously hair etc is awful - but that may be better on the day! No more pics now till anything that might come out from the day itself. Hope to get some official ones of DD, who looks lovely (whatever she says).

You both look great! I love the blue things you have found to go with the outfit :) They suit it perfectly.

As for the porridge, it was very disappointing. Its just not the same without a tonne of crunchy sugar on the top.

Morning.

Hasta.. you are lovely to do that for Minxy. We all have great friends on here don't we..

Shame about the porridge MLM, but at least that day is now over and looks like your gain is too.

Went to the gym again last night and intend to go again tonight as well. OH tried to sneek into bed at 3am, woke me up as he tried to get in. I stated that he said he would respect my feelings re sleeping with me at the moment while there is so much bitterness coming from him. He huffed and puffed and left. Im glad Im sticking to my guns here. From tomorrow til Wed Im not sleeping here anyway with work and then at my sisters so it'll be interesting to see what happens on Wed night.

Right need to get my socks on and shower, day of admin again, lots to do today, and my son starts his first weekend job today as well after looking for over a year, he's got a weekend job for 3 months in Primark. He's made up and it really has boosted his confidence too. So am really happy and proud of him. Just needs an apprenticeship to complete the package now as he has decided not to join the marines.

Chat to you all a little later xxxx

Back