From here to Eternally Slim

Hello again, just reporting in from WI.

Overall Christmas gain of 5lb, which makes me target +1 - which I am very happy about. I ate utter rubbish pretty much constantly, so every pound is well deserved. Some of it will be gone next week. I dont expect all of it to be gone, that would be ludicrous as I was on a -4 due to the flu, but some of it would be awesome.

Well done Mrs. That sounds pretty much like getting back into control - so well done you!

Last edited:
Nowt easy about this malarky is there - you try try try to lose the weight and then you have to try try try to bloomin well maintain - oh well.

Morning all!!

Happy new year!! (I know im a bit late lol)

So its my 1st WI tonight since 13th Dec!! Eeek!! I havent been good but my clothes dont feel different so im hoping that the damage isnt too bad! Fingers crossed for me please!!

Whatever the outcome i have restarted my diary and intend on getting back on track and getting to target in early 2011!!

I hope you all had a good time! Well done to those who have lost and also to those who have had a deserved gain and got straight back on track! - I only hope that i can do this after tonight!! :)

xxx

My deserved gain will be tonight, Pesty. I actually pulled off a loss last week, so all I'm really hoping for tonight is that the gain is less than last week's loss. But if not, never mind. I'm back on track now, and WILL BE AT TARGET by the end of March.

(That strange sound was my neck hitting the line.)

helloooooooo!!
aww sorry about the gain margy but it'll be gone soon.
jimbob and pesty i hope you dont get on tooooooo badly at wi tonight.

well i had wi last night and was well under t so after speaking to consultant i lowered my target by 3lb....after doing that i was still t-1.5 at that new target,lol. and typically i wake up this morning to a lickle gain and am bang on that new target now!!
ho hum...just looking forward to getting back to normal sw now....christmas and the lurgy have really messed me up!

Margy, ive responded to you in JoTs diary (for some reason) but im sure you'll have that off next week with a good week this week! I firmly believe that a good week can get off any gain if you get to it straight after you get the bad news.

I am fully expecting a gain tonight but im hoping the few bad weeks will have reset my metabolism and might speed up my losses for a week or 2!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes Luverick!! Well done for the new targetness!! I was going to text you last night to say congrats but was elbow deep in revision!!

xxx

Last edited:
Good morning eveyone.

Day 1 being back on plan and its an EE day,banana and ww yogurt for breakfast and a tin of heinz speghetti and 2 tangerines for lunch. Doing a chicken stew tonight. I know i've gained nearly 10lb since being off plan and WI is next Monday, so hoping to get that down by at least 3lb. Hey ho..

Had some really sad news on the 28th December, my Gran died. shed been in a home in Norwich, caught pneumonia and then had a stroke (4th one in 4 years), was rushed to hospital and stayed sleeping. My Mum and her brothers got up there to see her on the 27th Dec late evening, and she slipt away in her sleep around 3am, she was 84. Her funeral is on the 14th Jan. Although devastating, some things happened with the lead up to that day,which i've been reallty thinking about, that brought the family together, some of which hadn't seen one another for 17 years. I do believe that was meant as part of her or my Grandads plan. But who knows..

Christmas was a good one, OH brought me tickets to see Take That, in Amsterdam on the 18th July :) and his Dad, booked the yearly hols.. which was given to the family on Christmas Day - going to the Bahamas :) on the 1st August.

Well done MLM, only 1 lb over target, blooming brilliant ;). You must be so pleased with that?

Luverick, and your WI took you under target.. thats fantastic..and today being at target, is just the icing on the cake :).

Pesty and Sarah, good luck at WI tonight girls, Im sure it will be ok.

Lenlu, you are doing well with the fintness DVD. Im going to be back at the gym next week, need to shed a few lb's this week first, actually feel too heavy to be running on the treadmill, but will swim at the weekend anyway before getting back to the cardio on Monday after WI.

I'll have to change my stats I know on here.. once I've had my WI, I'll do that on Monday, so I can begin that count down again.. Any challenges I'll hit after my Grans funeral.

Have a good day xxxx

Im so sorry to hear your bad news EF, its nice to think that your nan tried to get the family together before everything ((hugs))

Ive text my friend asking about WI, she's now not going again. Im determined to still go but i can go to a group really far away at 7 or one right near my house for 7:30. Trouble is i dont think i will be able to go without food til 7:30 so im debating whether to eat dinner first and just put up with any gain i might have because of it!!

I also need to do a food shop so if i dont eat first i think it will all be a pretty big rush!!
xx

Could you not just have something light before you go Pesty? Piece of fruit or a cereal bar or something and then have dinner when you get back?

Personally I would go for the one near home at 7.30, gives you an extra half hour to do your food shopping and then you can snack and run when you get back and its nearer to home to get home for dinner after!

Thanks MLM, that is true about being nearer to dinner hehe. I wasnt going to do the food shopping until after WI which causes the problem as i'll be quite short of time! I will see what time they're open til, its my 1st day back at work and its making me quite tired! lol

Update - i checked the site they're open til 8, what i might do is leave the OH at home and go by myself before WI, that way i'll have a distraction from eating until after!! lol

xx

Sorry to hear about your Gran EF - but its nice that family have met up again - even if the circumstances are not good. How are things at home now?

All good here, being really good with what I put in my mouth and according to my scales weight is dropping off which is good - think I put about 7lb on over the 5 weeks I was off plan, and seems im about 3.5 down on that now. I don't weigh in til next weds as im alone with kids this week and can not get to group, so hoping im nearer my last wi weight by then

Ah well. Here I am again.
I gained 3lb this week. Not good. But in the grand scheme of things I can't complain.
It makes a net gain of only 0.5lb over the Christmas & New Year fortnight, which I should be pretty happy with.
And it still means I've lost 8.5lb since the beginning of December, which is pretty amazing, given what I've survived in terms of family & social events in that period.

So I'm not impressed with my week's work, but if I put it in context I think I can deal with it. And not grump. Much.

And I WILL lose it next week!

(But I've taken my newest shiny away until I deserve it again. Which will be next week. I promise myself that.)

Aww sorry about the gain JoT but as you have said in the grand scheme of things that a pretty amazing result!! 0.5lb at xmas and new year!! We could only dream of that this time last year!!

I went to the group near me last night in the end, left OH at home and went shopping until 7 then got dinner on the go so i didnt pick at things :)

I LOVE this group, if first impressions are anything to go by it is better than my current group and i am seriously considering switching!!

So anyway the more important part... i gain 0.5lb!! I am SOOOOO pleased!! As i have said about, i could only dream of that a year ago!! Although it isnt fully deserved as i wasnt that good, i obviously wasnt as bad as i thought i was!!

xxxx

Well done, Pesty. That's a brilliant result.

Now we've both got to knuckle down and lose it again, haven't we.

And then you've only got such a tiny little bit to go, and then you'll be joining the Target Stars!!

Thanks hun, i have just added my gain onto the SW website and they have predicted that i will get to target in May!! lol It never looks good on there once you have a gain!!

Im really focused, i want this and im going to get it!! I think im going to leave Jillian till target as she mess' up my losses!! Im going to get the weight off and then tone myself up, all in time for my 3 yr anniversary 28th Feb.

xx

Back