From here to Eternally Slim

Stay on plan.

You have 3 more full days of potential weight loss before Tuesday WI, and a mid-week weigh means nothing, especially when you have been offplan immediately before that. Your body will still be adjusting to being back on plan and results are never immediate.

Think of it this way, you want to get to goal, and by going back off plan till tuesday you are probably going to push the goal further away from you. It makes no sense at all to switch out of plan after four days, to go back on it again in four days time. The scales will NEVER shift if you do that, except in the wrong direction. Again.

FOCUS LADY!!! See beyond the short term! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Thanks ladies.. Im sticking with it. Decided on a green day, just lunch (pasta n sauce) is late today, due to shopping. Gonna do some pasta and quorn meatballs tonight, wont be til 9pm, with some dolmio tomatoe and chilli sauce I bought earlier, which only works out to 5 for the whole sachet, and don't think i'll use it all. Have syns left for a couple of glasses of wine as well tonight and a treat of a curly wirly is fine for me too. I'll count the wine as 5.5 each glass as mine is always a bit more then the average. That only then works out to 22, so thats still 40.5 left for tomorrow and Monday.

Its do'able.

Thinking about the funeral next Friday and going to stick to 7 syns each day and use the extra 18 that day for a cpl of drinks to toast my Gran and not sure what the buffet is in the pub yet, so might need to drop down a few more the day before and the day after.

Glad I'm on plan still, and MLM, as you said the target will be further away..there will always be times like this and I can't just give up!

CD, stick with going to bed as normal time as you can and set the alarm to get up, it might help get your body clock back into gear of getting up early.

xxx

:happy036: I got up at 9.30 !!! :banana dancer:

Didnt actually make it to bed.....fell asleep on the sofa and stayed there all night - but hey ho :rolleyes:

OH is taking me shopping now to get the things I forgot the other day then hes off for a quick round of golf while I make tea.....hope everyone is doing well on the wagon??

catch you later girlies x x

Moooooooooooorning!!
well after a very eventful evening yesterday today i am looking forward to a nice simple day!! had a relaxing morning,this afternoon got to get a bit of shopping then playing a few games together as a family and this evening will be a nice lazy one in front of the tv!!

also being good with the sw planning and sorting freezers/cupboards etc and making plans.....good for the old money saving aspect too!.

:happy036: I got up at 9.30 !!! :banana dancer:

Didnt actually make it to bed.....fell asleep on the sofa and stayed there all night - but hey ho :rolleyes:

OH is taking me shopping now to get the things I forgot the other day then hes off for a quick round of golf while I make tea.....hope everyone is doing well on the wagon??

catch you later girlies x x

Go you CD.. and now a whole day ahead of you too.

Glad your body clock is working again :) xx

Morning.

Sounds like everyone is doing well on plan. I haven't side tracked so am pleased with that too.

Will use the rest of my syns today, as WI tomorrow, not going to be eating much before weighing in, try to stay as light as heavily possible :). Roast Pork today, and making a rice pudding with saltanas and cinamon for desert.

Have a great day everyone xxx

Hi Libra

The heel condition sounds painful. What has the GP suggested? Are you on treatment?

I've been given a few things to try, before going for a quartazone injection. Inner soles for my shoes which coushons my heel and basically to be off it as mucn as possible. If that helps, then I'll carry on with that. The last time I had a quartozone injection I was really ill and blacked out, stopped breathing for only a few seconds, but frightened the physio and me when I can around.

So for fitness, I'm going to go swimming a few times each week, and I really do think, once I start loosing weight, that will help too. So this year getting to goal is for so many reasons xx

Morning all!

Sorry about the pain EF, im glad you stayed on plan though!

I had quite a naughty wkend so im hoping the scales arent going to be too mean!! I was good all days up until dinner but dinner on fri and sat were naughty and a lot of drinking saturday night may have hampered any loss i was heading for!!

Still my head was back in the game on sunday and i had a cooked breakfast, roast dinner for lunch and SW quiche for dinner :) i was quite impressed as i was dealing with a stinking hangover!!

Hope everyone has a good day today! I might be switching to tuesday weigh ins so good luck to others weighin tonight!

xx

Good morning one and all

EF - Hope the stuff works from the doctor, and well done for staying focused!:)

Pesty - Hope you day went ok after all working with a hangover is such a pain! All you want to do is to curl up and go back to bed - well I always do...;)

Went to RC yesterday for my aerobics - got weigh and I had lost 1/2lb woo hoo.:) Even that little 1/2lb has put me in a better frame on mind.

Going to do my food diary now - so hopefully if I'm doing anything wrong someone can tell me. I can get my head round the EE so for me its red or green days...:)

Have a good one..:D

Kats

Morning everyone

Pesty, I do think as you've been good all week, the naughty weekend will more then likely not do any damage to your WI tonight.

Thanks KK and well done on the 1/2 loss hun.

I had a bit of a naughty day yesterday, had over 40 points still to use, but took it a bit too far. Peeped at scales this morning and they were the same as last Tuesday. Not to worry though. Tonight is my 1st
WI for nearly 2 months now, so gonna take that as a new begining and challenge myself for 9lb in the first month, and will stick to 12 syns each day for the first week to kick start it. All rests on that WI tonight for me and then I can begin tomorrow full steam ahead :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. xx

HELLOOOOOO!!!

I have my laptop charger at last!

I hope you all had a great weekend and my fingers and toes are crossed for everyone weighing in tonight.

Must get myself a laptop - but its the expense can't really justify spending the money at the moment!.

EF - Fingers crossed for tonight.

Kats

Wheeeeee, good evening!

And it is a very good evening. Lost 3.5 tonight, which puts me at t-2.5. And that means I am still in target range for another week, which gives me an additional week before I drop out of it, and then a couple more weeks before I have to either reset or pay.

I reckon I can lose 5.5lb in that time, what say you?

Minxy, well done on the loss hun, great results and yes, very do'able I think with your history.

Ok.. I am back from group and am utterly disgusted with myself :break_diet:. Have gone 3lb above where I initially started, so thats a gain of 17lb!!! I know, gob smacked or what :cry:. I have never been this heavy, even after the birth of my son. So this yo yo'ing has got to stop. I have GOT to do this, and as have been invited by OH's parents to go to the Bahama's on the 1st August :D, have set a target to loose 3 stone by July :479:. Which is going to be hard work at times, but hey.. no pain no gain.

So Eternallyslim buddies, if I come on here and rant and rave about wanting food:ashamed0005: I can't have, tell me to go for a long walk (foot making it possible of course, lol). Spirits are a bit dashed at the moment, but that won't last, I'll be rearing to go tomorrow and last but not least, I am going to stay to group each week. Think that will help me too.

Off soap box :soapbox:, time to plan.. xx

Nikki, I know its a shock to find yourself back where you started. I have been here, as have some of the others, right from when you started out on SW, and shared your path.

Go back to basics. When you go to group next week, ask to sit in on the new member talk. I know you know this stuff, but refresh your head and treat this as a whole new beginning. It will help you focus and sharpen your mind back into the plan.

Having been around for all of it, I know that much of your yo-yoing has been around holidays etc - you chip a bit off before you go, and then put it back on while you are away, and never quite recover each time.

Now you are working towards another holiday goal. I think you need to look beyond that though, and try and stick to plan while you are away. Go back to daily syns, dont save any for the weekend, you weigh in on a Monday, treat the weekend as a week day and make all days the same.

You have had an awful lot to deal with over the last 12 months, and to have managed to stay on plan at all through that is something you should be proud of. Some of those issues are yet to be over - but with focus and with support, you can draw a line, make a fresh start, and in 12 months, you will have achieved this. There is no quick fix, you need to stick at it 100% of the time to get the results you want - so do it. We know you can do it, it is time to believe in yourself, take responsibility for yourself and DO this. No-one else can do it for you, you have to want this for you. I know you do. Just keep reminding yourself that you want this for you and make choices that are within plan at all times.

We will be here to support you, just as we have been, and we still will be. We want to see you succeed at this. But we all also know how hard it can be and how life can get in the way. What we have to do, is only let life get in the way to a bare minimum.

I say this because I care, and because I want you to do this, for your own sake, for your own esteem, and to build up your own emotional strength. But I can want it for you, and that will never be good enough. Want it, and own it, for yourself.

Hugs.xxx

Yeah. Wot she said.

I'm sorry, EF. You must be completely gutted.
But the Minxster is right: you need to treat this as a new start.

The loss you're aiming for is doable in the time frame you've set - but you have to really want it, not just think it would be a nice idea. You're going to have to be so "in the zone" that the desire to lose is greater than the desire to have a few drinks at the weekend.

If you can do it, your goal is achievable.
I hope you can.

We've all got a great support mechanism on here - we all ARE a great support mechanism on here. You've been a lot of help to a lot of people, and we're all here to help you when it's tough, but like all of us, we can only be helped when we're determined to do this for ourselves.

I hope you take this chance to re-start, and that this time next year it'll be a completely different story.

Hugs from me too xx

Thanks Sarah and Minxy.

It is what I want and more so what I need, health wise too. August will just be my 1st big target, there will be another set after that. But for now I can aim and fire myself towards that and am in it for the long haul. I sat next to a woman this eve, who'd put on 2lb in the whole of December. I know with me, that when I've stopped the plan I saw right to the far end of the see saw and boy.. does it rise quickly. So for that alone, I can't keep thinking that one day is ok.. I can get it back together tomorrow. Because for me tomorrow doesn't come knocking.. Lesson learned today and am willing to beat this. Maybe I should get on the "Biggest Looser" lol.. it might help. Seriously, I do miss exercise, so need to get to the gym even if I just sit on the bike and do cardio work and then swim.. I can still do the toning machines anyway.. Thanks again xx

EF,

I wholeheartedly agree with MLM and JoT. Not much more I can say other than I have been there. I have come back to minimins with a 13lb gain and I know how frustrating it feels as it is so hard at times to get the lbs off.

They are right, you have to want it for you and fight for it. Life can sometimes get in the way and everyone has down days. But the most important thing is that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.

Are you doing a food diary? I know if I don't do one I eat and drink without thinking. I also think sometimes if I don't write it down it hasn't happened!

I think MLM's suggestion of daily syns, no carrying over or saving for the weekend is a good idea. I have adopted this way myself since coming back and feel better this time around.

Anyway, just wanted to echo the support you have already received and say I am here if you ever want a rant.

Sending a big virtual hug xxx

Back