From here to Eternally Slim

Thanks Pesty.. I feel better for not doing it and I can see wny I didn't too. Thought about the target.

Ok.. I've a decison to make re food and I know when I usually save syns I don't do well and was aiming to use each day and if I don't then they are gone.. But My Grans funeral is Friday and thinking about how I will manage re food. There is a buffet, we will toast a glass of wine to my Gran and I use food as a comfort tool and I know I'll be low that day.

Was thinking about not using any syns tomorrow and saving them for Friday. But at the same time, don't want to go off plan and have it in my mind if I save syns I'll gain.. Not sure what to do here.. Or I could reduce each day to 6 and then use an extra 18 (12 on a normal day) at the funeral. Any thoughts anyone? xx

Last edited:
I have a little trick I use for occasions like this which I'll suggest, but I know some people would find it awkward and wouldn't want to do it. Usually with buffet type things there's not much there that is vegan, so I used to take things like nuts and fruit in my bag to snack on throughout the day. Obviously nuts are out, but could you take some cereal bars with you? And maybe a pack of sushi..?

Because it's a buffet, everyone will be having little picky bits anyway, so they probably wouldn't notice. That way you have some snacky things with you, the sushi will fill you up and will be damage limitation if you do decide to eat a bit of the buffet. You'll be full from them and won't have so much.

I would maybe cut back on the syns the day before the funeral so that I'd have a bit extra for the day. Then I would make the best choices possible at the buffet and get straight back on plan afterwards. Have a big breakfast before you go too, like a fry up, which will keep you going. Maybe up the speed foods the day after the funeral to give you that wee boost.

I hope this helps!

Also, congrats on going out and getting healthy food for lunch, you're doing great :D

Back from my first wi since 8th December........

With a 1/2 lb gain, pretty pleased with that!!! I'm back focused now and getting back on it x x

They very possibly are 6 syns. Im quite sure SB said that he counts them as 5 syns to 'be allowed' 3 a day, as if we counted the 6 syns it would be over for the day.

Lenlu - Well done on such an ickle gain huni!!!

EF - I wouldnt recommend cutting out syns all together to 'save' them as your body will think you are starving yourself and store foods which will make them harder to get rid of. I would suggest having at least 5 a day then having whatever you dont use at the funeral. I like Hastas advice about taking bits with you!

xx

The suspense was killing me so I looked up the curly wurly's they are, de deh der!!
15g treat 3.5syns :eek:
26g bar 6 Syns :eek:

I also decided to put a food diary on here. I find I am more honest if I know I will put it where everyone will see it. Weird I will lie to myself but not other people. So please feel free to take a look and make suggestions. Hope its not too boring. :D

Thanks guys

EF I'd prob do what Hasta advised and take some stuff with you to minimise the amount of the buffet you do munch on. But don't knock yourself about too hard over it if you do eat more than you want to - it's only one day - it can be retrieved again - if you've been 100% all week I doubt it will make much difference to your overall weight this week hun.
You've done well this week with getting SW friendly lunches and dinners and being 100% - esp after what OH didn't tell you - being a comfort eater I would have turned to the nearest chocolate/chips in annoyance at him!
You are doing so well hun and I know that you will get that 3 stone by the summer - you can do it.

Lenlu 1/2 lb gain from 8th December - that is fab!!!! You are a star!

As for me - I've not been 100% this week at all - been quite bad with bread! But it's not nimble - it's hovis large white bread - or as happened today - big fluffy yummy rolls!!

Need to really sort out my head and stop eating non SW stuff! But at the moment it is like nothing is filling me up! However tonight I made extra dinner - so am about to go and reheat that and munch on it and hope that it stops me nibbling on other stuff!

I'm back to the weight I was in August!! Which is 5.5lb's above the lowest weight I weighed in at! I've been yo yoing for a fair while now!

What's bugging is that I know the majority of it is purely due to me eating the wrong things! So I know I can lose some of that before the baby starts to weigh in too much.
And I want to - am about to fill out my SW diary on the SW website as it does the syns for you :)

Morning

Hasta thank you :), thats a good idea of taking a cereal bar with me and Sushi.. I like sushi anyway and on EE, a medium pack is only 1 syn. I'll get some in the morning after I've had my hair cut.

Lenlu - what a result at WI, not much to really get off at all.

Have decided to use 6 syns from tonight, Sat and Sunday and have them just in case tomorrow. That still gives me 6 to use each day, If I do use them all tomorrow and a good 30 syns to use if needed. Its planned, so I should be ok.
Rosie, now you are back on track, as long as you are counting the white bread or yummy rolls :), its fine.. obviously its better to use your HEB for bread if you can, as it has more fibre. But even if you are back to the weight you were in August, its still only 5.5lb lower then the weight you were at your lightest, which is still lb's off. So you aren't starting from scratch, just have that target in your head honey and plan.

RE the curly wirly's - in Asda you can get 15 for £3. I now have a collection for my night time treat :)

OH is still being an ASS re his trip away, he was late home last night, didn't know what I was doing re dinner, so asked his son if he'd heard from his dad and he said that his dad called him earlier to let him know he'd be late. Nice for telling me who is cooking his food! So am off out with a friend for a steak salad and a few diet cokes this eve, am not telling OH. He will be expecting to get in and find his dinner cooked ready.. but that will not be the case. Im on strike tonight :). Just p'd off with being the last person to know anything here. Hey ho!!

Right, got my lunch ready to take - pasta n sauce and 2 tangerines and a pear. Now forr Brekkie - Poached egg on toast and an apple.

xx

The suspense was killing me so I looked up the curly wurly's they are, de deh der!!
15g treat 3.5syns :eek:
26g bar 6 Syns :eek:

:busted:

Well that's ruined everything! :mad:

At least now I know why I've been piling it back on :eek:

Would it be okay to still eat three, but perhaps cut about half an inch off the end of the curly wurly and feed it to the cat? :whistle:

Right, that will do. Calmed down now. Mostly :)

Thanks for all the nice wishes. I am fine really, just something someone did on the forums really REALLY annoyed me and I was at the point of making a massive kerfuffle and then decided I would be wasting my breath anyway, so it was better to clear off and clear my head.

So I did and I have and here I am.

Great to see so many old faces back!

Do you know I worked out my BMI yesterday and I could in theory still lose another 30lb and be in BMI range? I would look like a skull on a stick, but I could. That's crazy.

Really tired today, need a decent nights sleep for once. Keep having this excellent plan to have a bath and an early night but it never quite pans out that way. Maybe tonight eh?

Morning Folks

All this talk of curly wurlys......I must get me some :D:D Id forgotten all about them!!!! nomnomnom

Thanks EF for the Info on the ASDA bargain....they are on my shopping list now :)

Glad to see everyone is feeling good and 'in the zone' we can do this!!!!! :) 1st post holiday WI for me tonight.....please send positive vibes my way:eek:

Welcome back from your little break MLM.....you didn't eat your entire fist did you :eek: tis syn free anyway I do believe ;)

EF good plan going out tonight to eat & 'forgetting' to tell your OH.....whats good for the goose and all that ;)

Right off to do my stuff now, be good everyone :)

Morning Peeps

Glad to see your back MLM - Yep your right it would of been a waste of typing whatever it was hope its gone now...:D

Scanbran - mmmm dont think that would of worked or would it?!?!- good idea :D;):rotflmao:

EF - Hun your OH is by the sounds of it taken you for granted good on you though you go out and see how he likes it... but I do hope your ok?!
icon5.gif

RP - White bread - toasted, dripping with butter - mmmmm slurp, gulp.......:eat:

Kats
xx

Wheres that toaster!!:drool:

MLM, good to see you back from your minimins break. 30lb more to still be in the BMI (is that the normal BMI?) range.. Blimey, thats utter madness. Who on earth makes the minimum BMI, surely needs their head testing, big time! Aim for an earlier night and read in bed, that always works for me.

CD, good luck tonight on the WI, Im sure you will crack it :)

KK, how is things with you? Apart from wanting buttery toast, lol..

Back to the grind.. x

Haha MLM!! Good to see you back here and back to your cheery self. I thought you meant you had eaten a terrys chocolate orange for breakfast when i read that!! lol

EF, have fun at your meal out tonight, and it serves OH right!! Just make sure it doesnt cause you any more hassle at home than you have. We want you lovely and stress free!!

Good luck for WI CD!!

Hello to everyone else :D

xx

I did too Terrys chocolate orange mmm mmm - no not having anymore althou they is still some left !?!?!!?!?!:D

EF - I'm fine and dandy - have a cough which I've had since Oct and am annoying everyone to bits with it.:giggle:

Can't wait till I go home - pilates first then a yummy JKT spud with loads of baked beans.:D

Kats

Or some peeps on here put Curly wurly in the freezer so that when you get it out it is hard and chewy and last longer :D

:busted:

Well that's ruined everything! :mad:

At least now I know why I've been piling it back on :eek:

Would it be okay to still eat three, but perhaps cut about half an inch off the end of the curly wurly and feed it to the cat? :whistle:

Hi all
hope you all had a great day. The evilness of work, they pulled a massive great bar of chocolate out of the desk this morning and proceeded to break it into 5 pieces, one for each of us at 9am in the morning aarrrggghhhh!!:eek::eek::eek: the inhumanity of it. Then I found out there is still a box of roses left to be eaten yet, however I did turn the chocci down and said I would think about it tomorrow.

Well off training now with the kids, may drop a line when I get back. Stay strong!!:D

Back