From here to Eternally Slim

Hi guys

Hope all is going well.

EF have been thinking about you all day - know how difficult funerals can be.

I know I should be syning the syns that I'm eating but I haven't been - really need to get on top of that!
I'm hoping that I've not been too bad - don't feel that I've been too bad really so fingers crossed I can stay on plan between now and Monday.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend and that you all manage to stay on plan ready for WI next week :)
Good luck for Sunday Lennis :)

Good morning minis

Funeral went well yesterday, very emotional and my mum was so upset. She was asked during the service to light a candle for my Gran and that really got to her. When the vicar started talking about my Gran, my tears started to roll and that was it. Got hold of myself and thought that this wasn't how my Gran would have wanted it to be. My cousin came down from Eastbourne for the funeral. He'd got in touch with me a few weeks before Christmas and he was my Gran's nephew. I told him about the funeral and he said he'd try and make it. It was so nice to see him, and he'd said that something or someone was telling him to go. My Aunt and Uncle was too ill to make it. My sister ended up drinking way too much so asked her to stay with us the night. A few others came back and we got a chinese take away (I didn't go mad), so that was nice. My mum and dad ended up leaving the wake earlier to take my Gran's brother back to Euston, for his train back to Crewe. A long day and very exhausting. My mum had lost so much weight, not being able to stomache anything with the build up to the funeral, so it was good to see her actually eat something yesterday. I think that now its over, my Mum can start to move on.

Have my daughter coming over today, to go through the numbers and send invites out for her engagement. Going to make a Potatoe and Leak soup (sw style) and am going to try and have no more then 6 syns today. Doing a Prawn biryani for dinner so its EE today.

Thanks again for all your well wishes for the funeral yesterday. Means a lot xxx

Morning everyone

Glad it went as well as it could have yesterday EF, its never easy though is it hun seeing your mum upset :(

Well its an awful grotty day here....its persistently persisting it down :sigh: cant see me moving from the warm cosiness of my apartment :eek: so I guess I will catch up on a few chores....and yet more ironing - just where in the heck does it all come from :confused: there are only 2 of us for gods sake!!! :mad:

Be good, and have a good day everyone x x

Glad it went okay for you EF. I hope you have a good day on plan today :)

It's bloody horrible here too! I'm hoping to spend today relaxing, I'm exhausted and I have a headache

hope you are feeling better soon hlv xxx

Glad it went okay for you EF, I know how upsetting it can be.

Hope you are feeling better soon hlv, there are so many bugs running rampant at the moment, I'm surprised there not putting warning signs on peoples doors, or ringing bells in the street :).

Unfortunately already gone over my syns for the day. My kids attend a school for a few hours on saturday, and usually the lunch provided is pasta and sauce. Todays bloody pizza and chips. I brought an apple and 2 satsumas for a snack and they went early on. So guess what I ate. aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh. At least its only 1.5 over, but I was saving some of them for hot chocolate tonight:mad:.

Morning everyone..

EF - Glad it well went - now that your Mum has said her goodbye she can now start to move on - thats what everyone tells you, but it takes time....sending virtual hugs to you and your Mum.:grouphugg:

I wasn't around to post yesterday - I did move away from the chocolate but walked around it and nabbed it from behind! oops:giggle:

Big huge Hi to everyone

Kats:)

xx

:thankyou: everyone. You are all so lovely, and thanks for the virtual hug for my mum too KK .

MY daughter slept in, so didn't make it today :(. Was looking forward to doing the invites with her and showing her what I'd bought already and made big pot of fresh veg soup (sw free). Soup didn't go to waste :p, that was nice and filling. Did the tesco shop and they are doing mix and match 3 packs stir fry and sauces for £2.50. I got a coconut and lime sauce, works out to 11.5 syns for the pack, so with 4 of us, only 3 syns a portion :)

I had an urge for Sushi while I was shopping, had it yesterday, I just love the stuff. But need to count 0.5 syns for that, so bang goes my curly wurly for 6 tonight. Might take half with me to work, not sure I can do without the curly fix :heartpump:.

KK, you chocolate nibbler, :gimi:You are like me with my curly's, lol.

Lennis - you haven't gone too far over, can you not nick it from tomorrows allowance for your hot choc? Better to have what you want, then to be without it, and then feel the need to nibble.. if its the options one its only 2 syns :D

Hasta, hope your headache subsided hun ;)

CD, I have long stopped doing the ironing, lol.. I do my own, my son does his and OH does his and his kids. Deligate some of it maybe.. it really mounts up ;).

Right off to the site to find out syns.. x

Last edited:
Hiya guys

Glad all went ok yesterday EF, it's difficult and it does take time but you will all be able to remember your gran with love and with less hurt. *hugs* to you all

I've not done too badly today - have been on plan most of the day - much better than previous days anyway :)

I got the Jamie Oliver 30 min meals for Christmas - think the OH is trying to drop some hints - found a great way of doing roasted baby pots - don't know if any of you already do this but you pop the pots a bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of water (Jamie uses lemon juice) until they are just soft.
Once they are soft throw them into the oven for 20-25 mins with some olive oil frylight (Jamie uses normal olive oil) they are lovely - although they aren't very crispy but they are much better than the ones I usually manage to create :)

Does anyone manage to make nice crispy roast pots (or chips)? Please let me know your secret :)
Anyway for tonight's snack attack I bought a chicken earlier - I will be munching on it later :D

Does anyone manage to make nice crispy roast pots (or chips)? Please let me know your secret :)
:D

I have great success with the following,
cut potatoes to the size required, put in a pan with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 mins only (popping a veg stock cube in the water gives them a lovely flavour), drain in a colander for about 10 mins then shake them to rough up the edges a little. Spray with fry light, shake them again, repeat. Pour them into a HOT roasting pan (v.important) give them a shake again and pop them back in the oven.

Hope it helps:D

Morning all,
Well did my first weigh in this morning. I lost 4lb. Got to admit I am pretty chuffed with this result. Gotta keep it up so those scales keep going down!!!!:D:D

Well done on the 1st weeks loss Lennis, thats fantastic :happy096:.

I had a sneeky peek this morning and was not amused, Had one Green day this week and all the rest EE, looks like just 1lb off :(. Now,, that would normally make me think, skip class and go to a later one in the week, but.. Im going to brave it. Payed for the 12 weeks and will go tomorrow evening, even to be told a 1lb loss is all. It will be a loss afterall.

Made Prawn Biryani last night and it was lush.. loads of veggies in and big prawns, followed by a big fruit cocktail.

My son is booking his first hols away with his friends, Zante in May, and First Choice quoted him £1421 between the 3 of them. I explained that if you shop around you will get it cheaper.. Hmm, he said he wanted to do it himself as its his first hols.. anyway, as his mum.. I looked, lol.. and got it down to £1097 between the 3 of them. Think he might wanna know that now, lol!! Will suprise him after work tonight.

Off to Outback steak house this afternoon for an early dinner, so gonna go online and see what I can have that will beo ok. Thoughts is prob steak and Jacket with sauce on the side, and a big side salad.

Rosie hope the chips work, thats how I do mine, apart from don't drain for as long. But it prob works better, so will try doing that myself.

Right, off to search the Outback :) x

CD, I have long stopped doing the ironing, lol.. I do my own, my son does his and OH does his and his kids. Deligate some of it maybe.. it really mounts up ;).

:eek: OMG no way will I let him near the iron EVER AGAIN after the last attempt....we would look like a set of tramps with the number of creases he puts in stuff :sigh::rolleyes:

I have great success with the following,
cut potatoes to the size required, put in a pan with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 mins only (popping a veg stock cube in the water gives them a lovely flavour), drain in a colander for about 10 mins then shake them to rough up the edges a little. Spray with fry light, shake them again, repeat. Pour them into a HOT roasting pan (v.important) give them a shake again and pop them back in the oven.

Hope it helps:D

Oooh fab...I'l def be trying this....my roasties always seem to end up either 'anaemic' looking or like bullets :confused::eek:

well done on this weeks loss too hun :D:D

I had a sneeky peek this morning and was not amused, Had one Green day this week and all the rest EE, looks like just 1lb off :(. Now,, that would normally make me think, skip class and go to a later one in the week, but.. Im going to brave it. Payed for the 12 weeks and will go tomorrow evening, even to be told a 1lb loss is all. It will be a loss afterall.

My son is booking his first hols away with his friends, Zante in May, and First Choice quoted him £1421 between the 3 of them. I explained that if you shop around you will get it cheaper.. Hmm, he said he wanted to do it himself as its his first hols.. anyway, as his mum.. I looked, lol.. and got it down to £1097 between the 3 of them. Think he might wanna know that now, lol!! Will suprise him after work tonight.

I'm glad you've decided to just go ahead & go to the same class as normal - like you say 'a loss is a loss' whatever the amount ;) and you have had a bit of a crappy week to start the diet on with the funeral & having to allocate syns for that....so to have a loss at all is really good when dealing with stressy stuff :)

Its great your son wants to do things himself.....but I'm sure he will be chuffed that mum has found him a bargain especially when the money hes saving can go on his spends;)

The prawn biryani sounds sooo good. Wish we were going out for lunch, but don't trust myself yet with that big a menu. So roast pork and veggies for us today. Taking the kids and OH swimming now to work off a few cals before we sit down to a family meal.

Your son and his mates should be happy you managed to save so much. That gives them a lot more spending money and in turn more jet ski rides wooohoooo!!!! They are sooo much fun!!!

Well went swimming, I managed 560m non stop before I decided not to push it too much as the kids were trying to get my attention to help them with their game of sharks. Nothing worse than being ambushed by two water hyper kids really, but at least they stay out of the way of the other swimmers. Hubby managed a 300m stint before he toddled of to the steam room.

Just starting to relax when a group of about 8 adults and 4 kids turn up and completely take over the pool (its only 14m long and 6m wide). It wouldn't have been so bad if they had consideration for everyone else there. Unfortunately it got to the point that everyone except them left because the other people swimming couldn't do a length without a child or adult jumping over their head into the water, I mean the pools only 1.2m deep I was waiting for someone to smack into the bottom.

Dark mutterings and complaints were being told to the manager as we left. Its my regular gym so will find our what happened tomorrow.

Had my SW friendly roast dinner and it really hit the spot. Shame about the pudding though. I decided to sacrifice some syns for 25 measley grams of a caramel bomb and it was NOT worth it. Feel like I've been diddled now :(. Anyway still got the makings for a hot chocolate available.:)

EF like CD says a loss is a loss. It still means that needle doesn't go as far on the scale. Plus you are still getting closer to your goal, even if it is by a smaller amount than you wish is still bringing your goal further into view.:)

Just had to share my news.....

I turned down an Indian takeaway tonight
47b20s0.gif

My OH decided he wanted one rather than a veggie & meat tea, so he got one for himself & I sat here with my lovely big plate of new potatoes & steam fresh veggies .....
I feel so virtuous........ for a change
smiley-angelic012.gif
ha ha

Best of all, because I had been 'neutral' until then I changed to a green day so I can have another HEA & HEB :D mmmmmm Hot choccie & a fibre plus
smiley-eatdrink026.gif

Lennie its rubbish when people act up in the pool isnt it :mad: I know when I was able to go I used to try pick my times to avoid the worst of it. What annoyed me more than anything though was the groups of women who used to go (when they all got free admission for over 65's) and just congregate in groups talking, not actually doing any swimming the whole time they were there:mad: so you couldnt complete a length without having to stop or swim right around them :(

moan over Im off for my hot choccie nomnomnom :D

Back