From here to Eternally Slim

Blurgh. Liver. Blurgh. MrLaMinx loves it too - but just blurgh.

Its my brothers 30th today so after WI he and his girlfriend are coming round for tea. We are having syn-free KFC and roasted veg and potatoes. Im going to do something involving jelly and flan base for dessert but havent quite worked out what yet, but I have fruits.

New fridge is awesome. It fits loads more stuff than the old one in. Its not as big as I would have liked but frankly we dont have the money for the size I would have liked, and indeed didnt have the money for the one I got till Mumsy stepped in. It will also be nice to have a separate freezer because I can freeze meals I make too much of then and put them away for other nights.

So, it wasnt ideal but it will be a good thing in the long run.

DH and I are doing a romantic evening at the weekend, because of today being my brothers birthday. DS is taking his girlfriend out for dinner on Saturday because it is their 6 month anniversary, so we can get the younger ones to bed and be relatively within reason undisturbed. I say this now but you can bet there will be at least one trip to the toilet and perhaps the odd nightmare in there somewhere.

(From the kids, obviously... DH and I can go to the toilet and have nightmares freely...)

I'm glad you can. If you were struggling with that at your age, I would say there really is no hope for you...

I'm glad you can. If you were struggling with that at your age, I would say there really is no hope for you...

there is hope??.....:p

Oh, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum and bum.

What is it with machinery this week? It's not Minx's friend, and now it's not mine either.

My car, which as you know had to go to the car docs last week, was booked to go back in tomorrow to have its suspension mended.

They phoned me today, to say the part had arrived - but it's the wrong part.

The right part is
a) nearly £70 more than the other part, and
b) on back order with the manufacturer, and not likely to be available this week.

As I said before: bum. A lot.

I'm supposed to be driving "oop North" this weekend. And while the car is functional, its suspension is decidedly dubious, and I'm certainly not prepared to take it great distances.

It's not impossible that a large order of these parts will suddenly hit the main dealer, from the manufacturer, and be able to come out from there to the garage, and for them to be able to fit it by Friday, but I would say the prognosis for that is not good.

On the positive side, if they can't do it until I come back next week, at least the cost will hit next month rather than this month. But if I've got to spend it anyway (and I have) I'd rather get it done, and have a healthy car back.

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

yep... new washing machine due tomorrow (last one lasted just over two years); and last night my microwave just died...

great!

Lx

Is a full moon due??? Seems we are all haveing problems of somesort lately. MLM, glad your fridge is now in full swing.

Sarah.. Can you borrow a car for the weekend at all? It might not be such pressure to get it done before then? Cars are always playing up and they just cost sooo much to repair too, but we can't be without them, so where is the fun in that.. bum it is!!!!

Thanks Pesty and CD, i really need this job interview to go well, so please send lots of vibes everyone on Wed for me at 1.30pm :)

I have looked at a house today, perfect.. felt at home the minute I walked in. Feeling much stronger this week, lots of positive support around me as he is away, its giving me more space to think I believe. I've got to rent, so its going to be hard going. But he got me into this mess and now if I need to go, I also need to know that I can afford to live there. He's due back on Fri eve, so will put some idea's to him. Going to Estate Agents anyway tomorrow to get forms for my references from work, that will take up to a week to 2 weeks to come back, so will also give me time to get as much help from him as I can before I go. Unless things change dramatically.. I'll be gone in 2 weeks.

Off to see my friend for coffee now. Hope everyone enjoyed their valentines day/eve xxx

Morning all!

EF glad you found a place hun, its good to know it's there if you need it!

I went to my nans last night as it is her birthday today, I spent the whole evening sitting on the floor counting packs of cards lol. She had about 7 packs which only had 51 in them!! lol.

Today is WI day for me, i'll need lots of dancing and need to do some dancing myself in order to not have a deserved gain!! Im going on a course this morning which includes lunch so once again i am trying to avoid the call of sandwiches!! I really hope there is a fruit bowl lol.

Good luck to anyone WI!! How did we get on last night monday weighers? xx

Already started the WI dancing for the Tuesday weighers.

I lost 0.5 last night. It is a particularly splendid 0.5 because it means I am exactly at my new target. I would probably have lost 1lb except for an oversight meant I was wearing particularly heavy underwear. Who cares!! Target again!!

My incredibly focussed brother lost 4.5 and got his stone award - on only his third weigh in after starting!! Hes not expecting a good one next week, his best friends birthday and a wedding to go to this week but he is planning round it so thats good.

Going out for lunch today with my mum and my brother - at Skinnimalinx in Liverpool which is the cafe that tells you all the syns/WW points in the food.

Have a good day all.

Morning all

Im feeling all sorry for myself :cry:had to go to the emergency dentist - I look like the elephant man....and feel like ive been punched in the jaw :( abscess :cry: but my tooth has a really big temporary filling that was due to be replaced on the 28th, but because the tooth is so painful to touch its infected so has to come out :( Im a big wuss with dentists so Im shaking already at the thought as Ive got to have another filling at the same time :eek:
Still - the upside is I cant eat choccie chewy things at the mo so I might get a bit of a loss this week eh :eek: god it hurts though!
Just how in the hell do you get an abscess when you've been on antib's & steroids for 2 weeks anyway! :confused: Got a course of Amoxicillin 500s to take for 5 days now.

Anyway great news that you have found a place EF, at least you have a back up plan if things dont work out. Its nice to hear that you sound a little more positive too in how you are feeling ( dont worry there will be plenty of good vibes being sent your way on interview day)

Well done MLM with WI results :D you deserved some good luck with all the rubbish the appliance fairies chucked at you the last couple of days :mad:

Pesty, Jimbob, HLV & any other Tuesday weighers heres your special Tuesday dance..... Syn free, superfree
banana_smiley_20.gif

Good luck!!

JIMBOB,PESTY,VEGAN........im dancing! im dancing!!! good luck xxx

MINX....humph.....sulking....well jealous f that cafe as well as the bloody butchers....you must adopt me!!

im a bit knackered today......went to bed at midnight,unexplainedly woke at 3.50am and couldnt get back to sleep - argh!!!! gave up and got up at 5.
house tidy,waiting to make a sock puppet with my youngest as promised when she gets home-god help me!!!

Oh CD.. sorry to hear about your absess.. heck that sounds painull too. Ibuprofen is always good to use as well, reduces swelling, so much more comfortable then you would be otherwise. Feeling up and down at the moment but, trying to detach from home and the way things were, one minute Im strong and angry the next its heartbreaking.. Need this job to go well for the interview tomorrow.

Its just the finances that are the problem, as I have a lot of outgoings each month,so for me to be able to afford to move out and afford to live .. I need to reduce those fast. Will talk to him when he's back on Fri, maybe there is a solution..

Hi Luverick, hope all is well with you, try and get an early night to catch up with your sleep if you can, nice relaxing bath :)

I second the WI dance everyone.. xxxx

Hi Guys,
sorry not been round for a while, absolutely run off my feet at work.
Glad you managed to find a place EF, good luck in trying to tidy up your finances, nothing worse than having to sit down with a calculator trying to figure out where it all goes. I had to create a spreadsheet for mine and I still have to fine tune it a little more each month.

Sorry to hear about the abscess CD, hope you feel better soon. Doing the dance for those weighing in.

Feel absolutely shattered, here's hoping for an early night:snoopyhouse:

Morning everyone

Well it is the day of my interview :argh:. Need all of your good luck vibes at 1pm, lol..

Popped on scales this morning and they are going down pretty fast this week. Am eating, but not enough and I do think the nervous stress causes losses, so going to try and go to Wi this afternoon after my interview, If I can't make that one then there is one tomorrow morning and tomorrow night.

Got a message from him yest morn, saying that he bets I'm sleeping better then he is and how is the job hunting!!! He is Sooooo selfish.

I've got a day off tomorrow and on Friday, for a rest really and just to breathe, will also spend some time putting the pics together for my duaghters party. He's due back Fri eve, and Im now dreading that.

Right.. off to put some washing in..

Hope the WI's went well yest. xxx

Good luck for WI huni and of course your interview - lots of good vibes coming your way!! Please dont worry about him coming home, there is no need to stress yourself out with the inevitable and you have enough things to focus on today without that worry on top.

I lost 1/2lb last night!! WHOOHOO!!!! so that takes me back to 3lbs til target, im also starting jillian again, although it slows my losses i think i can be satisfied if i see inch losses!!

Hope everyone elses WIs went well and good luck for wednesdayers!!

xx

Back