From here to Eternally Slim

There there Pet. Take a deep breath. AAAAND relax.

Been out and replaced the microwave today - got a bit of a bargain, hopefully, combi one with a grill @ half price in Argos. Ok, so it was probably a "briefly inflated so they can say half-price" half-price, but it was the same price or thereabouts as another one I was looking at that was just a microwave. Anyway, I can relax a bit now, and make jacket potatoes, once more. Tried to do one in the halogen oven last night, ended up taking ages coz we had tin-foiled it and put it at the bottom so it took hours to cook.

I also appear to have been roped into making a big pile of food for the taster session we are having next week. It wasnt going to happen, my C thinks that people are less likely to turn up if they havent made anything, so she was going to forget to mention it but then another member brought it up and then all of a sudden me and a couple of other members had been suggested to do our "specialities" and people would instead cough up some extra cash towards the ingredients.

So looks like I am spending most of the weekend cooking...

MLM I'm sure you will knock their socks off with whatever you take in, they will be queueing up for more and the secrets of your speciality dishes. :eat:

HLV and Pesty congratulations on your losses. Any kind of loss just means your closer to the final goal, but heck you don't need me to tell you, you usually tell us that, and your right!!!

CD hope you start feeling better soon. I don't know if it will help, but when I feel bloated I usually take peppermint oil, or gallons of peppermint tea which ever is closer at the time. Really does help that gaahhhh! feeling.

Am in need of some advice, turns out we are going away this weekend and are leaving Friday afternoon however I weigh in on Saturday mornings now so do I...

1)Take the scales with me....
2)Weigh in Friday morning, I hope with a loss....
3)Weigh in Monday morning probably with some kind of gain knowing my luck...

Answers on a postcard to .....:)

Weigh in Friday morning. No point taking the scales with you, because they will be in a different place so may be out. Then have a longer week next week. Thats what I would do. So there.

Morning

Sorry, not posted properly for a while, work has been just too hectic, early starts and late finishes. But day off today :)

Well done on your losses Pesty and HAsta. Pesty..Its so unfair that men only have to be good now and then and the weight falls off, I'd love a high metabolism too !! But you are almost at Goal now and get you.. just 2lb's away.. thats nothing!!

Lennis - don't take the scales with you, I'd WI on Friday morning, get it out of the way, enjoy your weekend and then hit the plan 100% when you get back. We are allowed the weekend away, just keep as much on plan as you can, so you don't have a huge gain.. and then when you get back, you will be able to shed anything if you did gain and have a loss the following WI. Enjoy your weekend hun :) x

Good news on the bargain microwave MLM, I need to buy a new one now, was it very costly?

Oh CD, I hope the pharmacy get your meds in today.. Im not surprised you are up and down hormones and feeling dizzy must be the worst thing. Big Hugs x

Tanny, keep it up, you are doing really well not going to group.

Not going to group this week, but will next week, not been fantastic food wise this week and although I have a STS on the scales here, I want to be able to get this week out of the way to work hard for next weeks WI.

Good news.. I Have 2 interviews today, 2.30pm and then 4.30pm. The one at 4.30pm, was a short notice interview, manager saw my application and wanted to interview me next week, but as its my last day at work on Monday, I wanted the interviews for as much as possible out of the way this week. So she has chased me by calls and emails asking to see me where and when ever I liked today.. So am now hoping that interview will be the one!!

Things at home are too awkward for words, packing things up each eve, and will move everything out next Sat. If he has not got his loan by then to help me pay off my debts before I go, then I will have to keep my mattress here and stay every other night till he does. He thinks it'll all be done by next Fri, but I don't trust him an inch and need to make sure that I leave here for good, and be able to start again fresh.. and no looking back. He's tried playing games this week, trying to hug and kiss me, telling me he cares and loves me.. But its not working and I have kindly asked him to be civil and not to do that as I am finding it disrespectful. He's stayed in his son's room and that has worked much better.

Right, off to get ready for docs, then home to type some bits up to take with me to the interview, while I wait so I can read through them.

Have a good one xxx

Congrats on the interviews EF!! Big hugs and lots of luck coming your way!! It is a pitty that it is awkward at home but hang on in there get your money and then you can fully move on!!

Well done on the microwave MLM, im not sure i could live without mine!! lol

Lennis, i wouldnt take the scales with me, id weigh on Friday as the 'official' weight then weigh when i get back to know the damage and give me a boost to work extra hard to get any gain off. Hope you have a good weekend!!

Well day 7 of the shred done!! Im feeling pretty good, i got the Extra Easy days little book at work and its really inspired me with meals! Last night we had spicy pork with roasted veg and cous cous (with mixed beans stirred in), tonight it will either be a spanish omlette or chicken curry, who knows!!

xxx

Well done Pesty on the shred, 7 days, wowww.. you must be seeing a difference now. Meals sound good, will be able to feel more inspired once I move. Packed my wok and most of my good kitchen utensils away now, so limited with what I can cook with and in, lol..

Thanks for that.. Hope the interviews go ok, went to docs this morning to get something to help calm me just for the interviews, so hope these work ok. Typing up what I need to read pre interview and for the last interview, I'll have about 45 minutes spare, so will go into the coffee shop at the Council Offices and swat on the legislations etc for that job. So hope one of these are mine :).

xxx

EF hope it goes well for the interviews hun....keeping it all crossed x x

Lennis, thanks for the peppermint tea advice, I will text my OH and get him to bring some home (he might prefer me less - bleuaghhh lol) I seem to suffer worse since I got sterilised a couple of years ago.....but its only every alternate month im a snarly witch :(

Ive managed (dont know how....maybe it was the elastoplast over my gob) to stay faithfully on plan)

MLM I got one of the combi Microwaves when we replaced ours, it took a bit of working out but its great (fab for Jps so you dont have to put the big oven on)

Well Ive managed to stay on plan somehow (maybe it was the elastoplast over my gob :rolleyes:) the sweet cravings were satisfied by a white choc options drink & ONE penguin wafer....only because there was only one left :eek: Ive eaten loads of speed stuff this week including YACKY FISH

If There is no loss tonight then the *week fairies are gonna get a kicking :mad:;)

Right off to do something constructive....like....errr have a cup of tea??

Last edited:
Good Morning!

EF - I am REALLY proud of you. All this going on and you still have enough to support us all. Loving this steely resolve you have with him. Good luck this afternoon with your interview - I really hope you get it, you could use some good news.

I am a happy chick today, just a few days of 100% and I am almost back to where I started. Hurray! 1/2lb more and I will be back bang on target. Lesson learnt. I just cant afford to take my eye off the ball for more than 5 seconds.

Am impatiently pacing waiting for the delivery man to bring me a hand blender/whisk combo and then my kitchen will be a hive of quiche and cake based activity. Even OH loves the SW quiche, it particularly suits him as he least likes the pastry on quiches.

Tomorrow we have the SW lottery of tea-at-minx-in-laws. Bless her she does try and things have massively improved since I supplied her with the 100 extra easy days book - But tomorrow will definitely be extra easy no matter what else happens.

ETA - CD, I made a right hash of JP last night with it! One side was cooked and the other was solid! Grr! Need to work on that.

Have a good day everyone!!

Good luck with the interviews today EF - my fingers are well and truly crossed for you.

MLM so glad you managed to get a microwave :) and that you are nearly back to where you want to be again - that's fab :)

CD - I do hope the * faries are good to you and that you get a good loss - it def sounds like you have been really good this week - but at least you will know that even if you sts or have a slight gain this week you will have a fab loss next week :)

Pesty well done on doing the shred for 7 days :) I really hope that you see it on the scales next week and hit your target :)

I hope everyone else is doing great and having a really good week.
I made chicken fajita's on Tuesday night - they were most yummy - loads of salad and SW colslaw. However weds I spent most of the day with my head down either a sink or loo! Do didn't eat all day yest. Have started eating little bits today - so far I haven't strayed too far from plan as yet.
Also we're in the middle of potty training DS - it's not going too badly at the moment - although the poor boy is running about in pants most of the day. He's having the odd accident but is mostly getting to his potty on time.
Was meant to go to areobics yesterday but the way I was feeling there was no way I was going - am hoping I can get next week instead.

On a big plus side - I can now get my engagement ring and another ring back on my fingers - I haven't been able to wear them since I was pregnant with DS so that's about 3 year - but now they fit and the engagement ring even spins round when my fingers are cold. My wedding ring still doesn't fit as yet - but am hoping it will do soon. :) :D

Great news on the rings being able to fit Rosie. Sorry to hear that you weren't well after the fajhitas, I wonder what made you ill?

I am pleased to say.. I got my job :) I did it :party0011:. I got the 2nd job I applied for today straight away, manager said I was a beath of fresh air and needed someone to come in and make things happen. Its working with children and their families with special needs, looking at coping strategies, new programmes like sensory, cooking and boosting confidence, therapy sessions plus running a carers programme as well. Start on Wednesday, so thats finishing my old Job on Monday, half day to say goodbye on Tues and then measuring up for curtains with my mum at the new house that afternoon and straight into the job Wed afternoon. Ohh and then move out on Saturday, new life, new job and new start all in one week :).

If anyone would have said to me a few weeks ago, these things happen for a reason, I would have laughed.. hey, this was as it seems all meant to happen, thats fate!! Just hope that the kalma comes around to get to the ex and he gets whats coming too ;).

Right off for a glass of vino or two and then to bed, night xxxxx

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations EF on your new job :)
Am so pleased for you and hope that the everything goes really well for you.

Am sure that your ex will get what's deserved to him at some point in his life. :D

As for what made me ill I have no idea - I do know it wasn't that the food was undercooked as OH has IBS and it would have affected him (the slightest thing can set him off sometimes!) and no-one else was affected at all. Anyway - I had SW KFC tonight with roasted veg, salad - and I had a few oven chips (not SW) but am hoping that I'm still ok tomorrow - haven't eaten much since Weds at all.

Bed time for me - DS gets up too early!

FANTASTIC NEWS EF!!!!!!

I had a feeling when you said that woman wanted to meet you asap/wherever was best for you that it was going to work out - and it has.

No stopping you now girly, you go!!!

Woohoo!!! EF yes:winner:, that rocks. That guy will get whats coming to him, not your problem anymore.

Just weighed in on an STS for some reason that seems to be how it goes for me. Lose weight ->STS->lose weight -> STS. Oh well will be good on the weekend away. See you later!!:D

CONGRATULATIONS EF!!!!! thats fantastic news on the job front x

Thanks Rosie, MLM, Luverick and Lennis. Im so glad that things are now working out at long last! Maybe it takes us all of that to go through to get out the other end and to be a better person for it.

Mmmm Rosie, SW chicken, yummyyy. I like hellmans ex light mayo, with sweet chili sauce mixed in, makes a great dip for the chicken bits.

Lennis, STS every other week is brilliant, thats maintaining your losses and gives your body time to catch up too.

Good luck with the WI today Rosie :)

I've missed enjoying cooking and will be baking and sticking to plan when I move, so that weight will fall off too :). OMG, this time next week, will be my last Friday here :)!!!

Off to Go karting (indoors), bowling and pizza hut with the kids at work, will have lots of salad and pasta me thinks, I like pizza but with my IBS, its don't like me, so it never bothers me not having any.

Its my son's 18th tomorrow, so taking him to get his first phone contract, I've agreed to pay half each month for the next 2 years for his birthday and have been saving for years, so he has a pot of cash that will be in an account he can use towards a car, deposit for flat, holiday etc..

Right off to shower and get ready for work. Have a good one everyone xxxx

congratulations on the job hon sending you a great big hug.

congrats to all who have lost or maintained this week. i put on 1lb this week but i knew it. think i have finally got my head back in gear. have rejigged my asda basket for my shop tomorrow. and made a sw quiche last night for lunch today with some chicken and wedges (love hiding veg in my lunches like in the quiche lol)

heres to a loss next week

Yay! Well done on the job, and all of your new life, EF.
Let's hope the spell of tough times is finally coming to an end.

EF Im sooooooo Pleased for you
greenstars.gif
I live my life by the 'what goes around comes around' thing ...... so just sit back and fate will take its course in his direction ;)

Rosie, sorry you've been poorly sick :( great news that you can get your rings back on though :D

Well results from the scales............ 0.5lb loss :) Im pleased with that - and the *week fairies didnt get a kicking ha ha. Must have been those PomPoms Jimbob- this northern air agrees with them :D

were going away from sunday to weds morn to stay with OH's family, SW may be a bit hard as I'm in their hands as to what I get fed (and I dont know them very well:eek:) so Im hoping for the best & doing lots of superspeeding between now & then. Off to make a bit of a shopping list now, happy Friday everyone!!

Brilliant news EF.
I've been an avid follower of your thread, and i am so very pleased about how things are now finally working out for you!!

I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around. So he'd better watch out... hahaha (that was supposed to be an evil laugh!).

I am so chuffed for you!!

Lx

Back