From here to Eternally Slim

Thanks Rosie!!! Congrats on your loss too, you are doing really well!

I have to say, I am a bit worried about my brother. He has been going to group since mid january and has lost 1st 5 already, last night he lost 1lb and it really upset him because all of his previous losses have been substantially higher. So he went out for a three mile run - determined to lose more again this week. But he really wasnt very well, so should have just been resting.

I understand him, really, I can see the determination and the focus, and that IS something he needs, but he needs to rein it in, and control it, and not let this become the be-all-and-end-all - because I know from experience, that it is far from that. It needs to be so much wider a spectrum, or target feels like a bit of a let-down.

Tell your brother not to lose heart, the problem for guys is that they get so used to large weight losses that when they only lose 1/2lb or 1lb they think they're doing something wrong and try drastic measures. My brother joined a year ago and when his losses dropped he was ready to give up but I wouldn't let him, he's now quite happy with any loss as he sees it as a possitive and is currently 2 stone 9 lb lighter than he was when he started and he's stopped doing silly things to lose the weight and enjoying the lifestyle change. Give him a big hug and tell him to join us lot for support. :grouphugg: The best medicine. ;)

Thanks Geenie, thats sensible advice!

Cant stop to chat right now, am up to my neck in sorting the girls room out, fed up of them having no space to play in there so SERUZ action is being taken. Catch you all tonight.

Im just back from visiting the relatives....and I fear its been a not very SW friendly time in cantebury :cry::eek:

Its very hard when someone else is doing the cooking to stay on plan..... and even harder when a homemade chocolate & fudge cake with pouring cream is put in front of you :eek:, though the meal before it was 'fairly' good - a lovely roast dinner (but I did have roasties and proper gravy :eek:) AND it was washed down with a couple of bottles of 'real beer' from.....would you believe a bruges brewery ha ha.

soooooo Im not looking forward to WI tomorrow - :sigh: and I havent got a prayer of getting my shiney this week!! :p:rolleyes: Oh well it was nice to get away & meet another branch of the OH's family that I dont really know :)

Well done to our resident target members :D MLM & Luverick

Welcome back Scanbran
4chsmu1.gif

Jimbob,Rosie,HLV ...... great results on the scales ladies :0clapper:

Pesty I hope you're feeling a bit better hun

Well Im off to put some washing in and think about what to make for tea ON PLAN!!!!!! ;) Im shovelling melon down today in an attempt to undo some of the damage :p

Ello Scanbran old chap. I had a good fondle of you last night while I was covering you in Nutella.

Welcome back :D

You are aiming to lose 7lb in 12 days to "be realistic"?

Thanks ;) :D

And, "yes" I'm aiming to "be realistic" - I could've said 4 stone in 12 minutes... :p

I was just thinking, Scanbran, you seem to have the opposite problem from the guy in your picture. There's no way that 15 stone is really fat, or anything like as bad as your starting weight. But you look at a reasonable sized guy in the mirror and see a hulk!

Keep coming back on here, and we'll keep you on the straight and narrow, and that 7lb will be gone in no time. And then the next 7lb. And then the next...

Thanks a lot JoT :D

Welcome back scanbran - am sure that the 7lb's in 12 days is well doable esp if you are getting back on plan - as MLM said it will be like first week again. :) Fingers are crossed for you.

MLM - congrats on getting into the elevens and being -1 under target :)

I managed to get rid of 1lb this week, so am well pleased with that at the moment.

Thanks Rosie, and well done getting another dreaded pound off ;)

You can stop dancing now!! I am in the ELEVENS!!!! -1 under target!!

Well done indeed! ;)

helllooooooo! well i lost 2.5lb at wi on monday and that puts me at 9st 3lb-bang on target again :).

Congratulations, that's brilliant! :)

Welcome back Scanbran
4chsmu1.gif

Thanks CD :)

Congrats to all you losers out there. Way to go. Must admit I enjoyed my little break away with the kids. First time I've managed to get back on here since we got back. Its nice to see so many having a loss. I got onto the scales the morning after the return trip to see the damage done. I will not admit to how much I put on as you would all be justified in giving me a kicking for stuffing my face so much. So back on the straight and narrow!!!! Lets see what the official weigh in brings on Saturday morning. I think I hear the bells of doom tolling!!

hi guys nto sure about weigh in have been writing it down and within syns most days except tongith when i had 25 so hopefully not buggered up tomorrow lol

Well done Jim, Rosie, Luverick and Minxypoos! You guys really keep me motivated when my weightloss is slowing down.

I'm pleased today, lost 1lb even though i'm on my period! And..more importantly...got my 4 stone shiny!

Congrats on your shiney hun, sorry I missed you earlier, that's a fabulous achievement. Well done :angel09:

Morning

Its the looser club this week.. well done, Rosie, MLM, Hasta, Luverick and Sarah.. fab losses girls :).

Good to see you back on here SC, keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up.. you've done amazing!!! You know you can do it, so its just small steps to get back to that weight, and no rush either!

CD, good luck for WI tonight, I can vision all the dancers on here doing their WI boogie.. lol

Hi Pesty and Geenie, hope you are both ok. Hows Gillian going Pesty, you seem to be on top form with that?

It has been a busy week, leaving one job then starting another straight after. Am shattered. I've an NVQ day today, so phewwwww can breathe!! Packed most of my stuff now, just clothes and a few odds and bits to do, The atmosphere is awful.. so the nearer it gets to Saturday, the happier I am. But also a little sad, as did love him and will miss him in a way (not sure what way :) ).

Re WI this week, Im at my own leaving drinks do tonight, so won't be going.. need to get back on track properly next week. Food wise its been up and down, can't eat then eat anything, but my appetite isn't back yet.. so picking mainly.

Right off to call new Manager and tell her I'll be doing NVQ from home rather then going in and then straight out after.

xxxx

Good morning!

Good luck with your new job EF! I am sure you will settle in quickly. So many changes all at once! Its actually really good though because when your mind is responsive to change it deals with more of them better than it would if you dealt with them in succession, so you will be settled and more normal feeling sooner rather than later. Hope the move goes well!

I have a cunning plan. I shall not reveal my cunning plan at the moment but it is a plan and it is most definitely cunning.

In other news, have had to change my phone tariff because I have suddenly become a text junkie, thanks to certain people! I exceeded my limit by nearly the same amount again last month. EEK! At least my hands are getting plenty of exercise!!

Off to do some food planning now - need to be totally focussed for the rest of this week.

Morning folks

WI for me tonight......time to face the scales of doom & pay the consequences of the last few days away (and the rather lovely mahoosive slice of chocolate & toffee/fudge cake with pouring cream that I couldnt say no to
smiley-ashamed005.gif
If I can somehow pull off a loss or STS it will be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-! (but then Ive always believed in miracles
smiley-laughing021.gif
)
SO PLEASE GET YOUR DANCING SHOES ON ......I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET :D

Good luck with the new job EF, And have a couple of drinkies for me tonight ;)

MLM with your cunning plans shall we have to start calling you MadamelaBaldrick :D ?

Lennis glad you had a lovely little Break, (you cant go away and not enjoy some naughty food & drink really!.....well I cant anyway lol :eek:)

The dancing is in full swing, Dizz. The pompoms are going at least 27 to the dozen, not even just the usual 19.

Morning Morning!

Restarted Jillian last night. Feel like I have been run over today. Hurray!

After a stern talking to last night, my cunning plan has undergone some alterations. Im still not telling you what it is though. Its too cunning for crows, its just for me and my dog, Fedora. Or is that Kia-Ora? I miss that orangeyliciousness.

How did WI go CD? Hope the damage wasnt too bad. EF, if I dont catch you, good luck with the move - onwards and upwards from here!!

Definitely cunning, though.

Mr Cunnington, His High Cunningness of Foxes-By-The-Barrel, from Cunning Land has NOTHING on this one!

Definitely cunning, though.

Mr Cunnington, His High Cunningness of Foxes-By-The-Barrel, from Cunning Land has NOTHING on this one!

haha! love it!:D bet you couldnt say that out loud,at speed without saying something naughty though!

I can't imagine WHAT you mean, Mrs!

*attempts to put on best prudish & offended voice, but can't keep a straight face*

Oh, and Hi, Lurverick! Thanks for popping in!

Evening All

Had probs with the computer all day
angry-smiley-030.gif
My OH has just got us sorted out and back online.

Well I went to WI last night and my 4 days in Cantebury cost me a 1lb gain
redface.gif
- and I reckon that slice of chocolate toffee/fudge cake must have weighed almost that
speechless-smiley-040.gif
So Im back firmly glued on the tankwagon (In fact, if I go away again - you guys might have to come with me cos I may have to go in the tank to stop me being stupid
laughing-smiley-014.gif
)

Hellooooo???? where 'dya all go??? :confused:

Ive started my day with a Dizzy Disaster
smiley-sad006.gif

Went to make my 1st drink of the day.....turned too quick with a full 4pint of milk in my hand, had one of my 'dizzy do's' - and dropped it all over the flipping floor
smiley-sad014.gif
Damn this balance thing
angry-smiley-030.gif
:cry:

On a plus point....it forced me to have a red day - and to eat yacky TUNA for breakfast as I got in a strop with myself and couldnt think what else to have :p:eek: the cupboards are a little sparce til we shop tonight.

Back