From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Well done missy.
I know we always want more but it's still off, you've not been deprived and now you see a pattern, it'll be easier to take the smaller ones on the chin :)

2.5 off in 11 days will be no probs for you....in fact, keep doing what you do and I bet you sssssmash that! ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ron - Haha, yeah there has been an awful lot of poo fairy talk here lately!! I just wish the enema fairy had turned up so I lost a little more! ;)

Thanks hun, I understand where you're coming from too. If I got rid of my weekly treat night I'd probably lose more each week, but I've still lost 3st 11lbs in 6 months and I'm happy with that.

Hope the hypnosis CD works for you!

Kay - Thanks hun, well done on your loss too! Like you say the monthly loss is the important one, really hope you're right about a biggie next week and I can get to the 5st mark for next WI.

Emma - Thanks hun - yeah I'm glad I've stopped doing that to myself. In the past I'd honestly have been gutted, but I've done nothing different really from last week where I lost 4lbs (except I had fewer syns this week!), so I just don't see the point any more in being annoyed at myself. All the little losses add up afterall! Good luck tonight!

Sugar fairy - Thanks hun! The new job is just something to tide me over until I start my diagnostic radiography degree in Sept. Gonna be working for Sky in the customer service team. It's only 9-1 Tue - Sat once I start my sifts so will give me loads of time to do my Open Uni work. Best part about the job is that the building is right next to an Olympic sized swimming pool, ooh and I also get free Sky telly, lol.

Mrs Ginger - Thanks hun. Haha, revenge of the pancake! It wouldn't surprise me, lol. Actually gonna be having one later, but splitting the mixture with Chris. As its for dessert though I'm gonna syn it this time. Hopefully that'll make the SW Gods happy!

Yeah I'm looking forward to the walking, should definitely help with the weight loss!

Missk - Thanks hun, you're right. Now I see a pattern I don't get as disappointed, I was just relieved I wasn't back in the 20's!

Yeah I'm quite glad I've got 11 days now 'cos I won't be worrying as much about the impact of the Valentines day meal. Still feels like a LONG time before WI, I'll be dying with anticipation before next Sat. How are you finding waiting so long between the WI's? I think its a really good idea, if I wasn't going for group I'd probably give it a try tbh.

---

Week 27, Day 1 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy Delight - hexb
Lunch - Tuna mayo (3 syns) sweetcorn jacket potato with side salad of cucumber, lettuce, grated carrot, beetroot, tomatoes and oriental slaw - 3 syns
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Philadelphia (hexa + 3 syns) chicken pasta with green beans and asparagus - 3 syns
Supper - Banana pancakes ( 1/2 banana and 1 egg - 2.5 syns :rolleyes:) with blueberries and muller yoghurt - 2.5 syns
Total - 8.5 syns
Weekly syns - 8.5/105
Estimated calories - 1400 cals

Last edited:
Ooh and I forgot to say happy 6 months of losing weight :) what a way you've come x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooh and I forgot to say happy 6 months of losing weight :) what a way you've come x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hun, yeah its been a journey that's for sure! Just can't wait till I get to the year mark and I'm 7st + lighter hopefully! Anyway I'm not wishing my life away, can honestly say it hasn't felt like a diet :)

Hey Hun,

Just subbing - I need to read up on your diary!!!

xxx

Hey Hun,

xxx

It's a fab read Charley ;) x

Bev...i'm finding it ok.....
well...that's also code for i'm DYING to weigh myself lol, but i'm determined not to.

will be interesting to see how i go this first month with having a "doo" involved in the time period. wonder how it would be with 4 full weeks of being an angel.
March might be out for 100% as it's my little one's bday, i've ordered a cake for him and seeing as it's not just your average shop bought one, i'm not missing out on some! we'll prob do dinner somewhere he wants too.

it has been hard not to peek but i'm so glad i haven't taken that as a green light to pi$$ about with junk/be off plan seeing as i'm not facing the scales each week....will just need to see if i can keep it up!xxx

It's a fab read Charley ;) x

Bev...i'm finding it ok.....
well...that's also code for i'm DYING to weigh myself lol, but i'm determined not to.

will be interesting to see how i go this first month with having a "doo" involved in the time period. wonder how it would be with 4 full weeks of being an angel.
March might be out for 100% as it's my little one's bday, i've ordered a cake for him and seeing as it's not just your average shop bought one, i'm not missing out on some! we'll prob do dinner somewhere he wants too.

it has been hard not to peek but i'm so glad i haven't taken that as a green light to pi$$ about with junk/be off plan seeing as i'm not facing the scales each week....will just need to see if i can keep it up!xxx

Yeah I bet. I'd be dying to weigh in too! What a love/hate relationship we have with those scales!

Hey Hun,

xxx

Heyy, welcome!

Don't bore yourself silly or anything. The abridged version:

- Was really fat, now slightly less fat
- Got engaged
- Got into uni
- Spends too much on holidays!
- Overanalyses EVERYTHING

Thats about it really ;) xxx

Brrr! It's going to snow here tonight, not surprised with how cold it is at the moment. I was meant to be going to the cinema tomorrow, but due to the weather warnings me and my friend decided it's probably best to leave it. Chris is working 'til late so no excuses, I'm going to have a swim instead. The pool is only 5 minutes walk away so doesn't matter about the snow. Reeeeeally want to get back into exercising and swimming is fab, so I'm telling you all my plans so you can shout at me if I don't do it! :D Tomorrow night I am going swimming - no excuses!

Exercise stuff

Diet wise I've pretty much got my head around SW, but the one thing I'm rubbish at is exercise. I have the best intentions in the world, but they never really materialise into actual movement! :p I've no doubt that I'll manage the walking from next week, as it's the only way I'll be able to get to work that won't cost me a fortune in parking, but I need to really motivate myself with the other stuff.

I'm hoping if I can get into a bit better routine with exercise I'll be able to give my losses a boost. I know you need to use an extra 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat, so I'm not expecting a miracle, but even half a pound extra loss a week (1750 cals) would be great. Particularly on weeks like this when I have low losses.

So how much swimming would I need to do to to burn 1750 cals? According to calories per hour at my current weight I burn 1263 cals per hour doing breaststroke, so in 1.5hrs then its 1,895 cals. Pretty incredible really, I guess being this size has SOME plus points! ;) So hopefully just 1 swim a week for 1.5hrs will give me an extra half pound a week weight loss, so long as I don't eat any of those calories back. Of course that's completely theoretical, in practice it might not work that way, but I'm not weighing in until the 22nd so its not like retaining water is going to hurt right now. Bring on the pool!

It's snowed here! Hate the white stuff :(

with the exercise, I started off doing one class a week only, no good starting off doing too much then getting sick of it. So scheduling one swim a week in would be perfect. I have two dogs so walk most days anyway but if you could just think of somewhere that you get the bus, or can drive in 5 mins (I don't know if you drive or not) then walk it! Start slow and you won't sicken yourself off. I love exercise now, not as active as I was at one point cos lost running motivation lol but still go to classes and you do begin to love it and if you miss it you feel like you're missing out x

Thanks Rochelle, and yep I do drive, all the time. I really need to get into the habit of walking more. When I start my new job next week I can either pay £3 a day to park nearby or walk 15-20 minutes. If I paid the parking it'd be nearly £50 a month in charges, so there's no way I'm wasting that much when I can just walk!

Think you're right about not going overboard to begin with and just easing myself into it. Can just build up the exercise rather than throwing myself into it. With 1 session in the pool and my walking to work I'll be doing 4 hours of exercise a week, as oppose to pretty much nothing atm. Won't know what's hit me!

I would start by swimming twice a week for 30-40 minutes a time. 1.5hrs of swimming is A LOT, not to mention it will mess your skin up by sucking out all the moisture!

Also, make enquiries about membership. I have a direct debit swim membership with Mansfield council pools which is really cheap - £17.95 a month, so by swimming 5 times a week it's less than £1 a swim and even if you only go once or twice a week it usually works out cheaper than paying each time.

Amanda - Thanks, had a look online and can go swimming for £2 a time with my LIFE card ( Sheffield fitness card) after 7pm, so will give that a go for now. I'm kinda reluctant to sign up as I know what im like with fitness commitments, but there is a pool/gym near work which would be pretty convenient and its something like £25 a month which isnt too bad.

As for time, maybe 1.5hrs is too ambitious to start with. I've always been a good swimmer though, but will just start and keep going as long as i can.

Emma - Haha, you laugh but imagine what its like in my head giving that much thought to EVERYTHING! Bloody exhausting at times I tell ya!

Good idea to count the lengths, I get crazy competitive with myself so im sure i'll be doing the crazy numbers again in no time!

Swimming is great, I love it. Haven't been in ages- our nearest pool is 20 mins away, so I usually end up to lazy to go.

Have you heard of couch to 5k for running? There is a similar thing for swimming. 0 - 1650 in 6 weeks. I've read about it a few times, and really want to be able to do it, I was a great wee swimmer when I was in primary school.

A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago!

Swimming is great, I love it. Haven't been in ages- our nearest pool is 20 mins away, so I usually end up to lazy to go.

Have you heard of couch to 5k for running? There is a similar thing for swimming. 0 - 1650 in 6 weeks. I've read about it a few times, and really want to be able to do it, I was a great wee swimmer when I was in primary school.

A LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago!

Thanks Coughdrops. I'm really looking forward to it tonight. I've always been a strong swimmer. Went a few months ago and one time even managed 100 lenths which is pretty crazy. For some reason its always been the only exercise I was ever any good at x

That's brilliant, don't think I ever got that good!

Definitely my favourite exercise... In the water I imagine that I am svelte and graceful ;)

That's brilliant, don't think I ever got that good!

Definitely my favourite exercise... In the water I imagine that I am svelte and graceful ;)

Haha, me too! I love that light floaty feeling x

Back