From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Thanks guys and welcome Sharon and Rosie! :)

I think all this exercise is catching up with me today, neck and shoulders have felt really stiff and achey, so decided to have a rest day in the end. It's actually been quite hard to let myself have the day off as I'm really motivated when it comes to exercise atm. Need to make sure I don't overdo it though as I'm going tomorrow for my induction/cardio sesh and then again on Sunday for the kettlebells class. So rest day it is!

Food wise I've aimed for a low syn red day. After having the Millies cookie on Wed and carvery yesterday I felt like being extra good today, so I've made some pretty healthy choices. Ate out at lunch but brought some ff dressing for my Subway salad to keep the syns down. Now I'll go off and shine my halo...;):p

Week 34, Day 4 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D- Hexb
Snack - 1/2 banana (other half was brown - yuck!)
Lunch - Roast chicken subway salad - 3 syns
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Home made cheese (hexa) burger on wm roll (hexb) with side salad (tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, onion) and caramelised onion chutney - 2 syns
Supper - Chopped strawberries and vanilla muller
Total - 5 syns

I've gotta say I'm looking forward so much to next Sunday and WI. All this exercise along with my extra red days must be making a difference, feel like I'm trying harder than ever to lose this weight atm and I'm determined I'll never have to see a 19 before my weight again! Its crazy sometimes because I've lost 5st 9lbs, I eat healthier than pretty much anyone else I know (in real life) and I'm STILL 19 stone... just doesn't seem fair sometimes, but hey I put it all on so only myself to blame! Its weird 'cos I feel like mentally I'm a slim person, but my body just hasn't caught up yet. :rolleyes: It's all good though, by next August when it's my wedding I'll be grinning from ear to ear in a size 12 dress! :)

Looking great bev, sure you'll have a fab loss at next weigh in :) xx

Hey Bev :), fab food day hun, almost perfect for a weigh in tomorrow morning :D, but I know your doing it next week haha. Well done on all the body magic you've been doing this week, you really are working hard towards your losses, I'm sure you'll have a fabby loss next Sunday.

Kay xx

Hey Bev :), fab food day hun, almost perfect for a weigh in tomorrow morning :D, but I know your doing it next week haha. Well done on all the body magic you've been doing this week, you really are working hard towards your losses, I'm sure you'll have a fabby loss next Sunday.

Kay xx

Don't tempt me! LOL!

I'm working 9 until 1 tomorrow anyway so can't make an early WI thankfully. Would love to see if there's been any movement but will try and wait till next Sunday as planned. I'd be gutted if it was a STS or something due to all this exercise water retention! x

Oh man what a workout! Feeling absolutely exhausted, but I guess that shows just how hard I pushed myself. Not sure how many cals I burnt as most of my exercises were with the weights, but man I feel shattered! I was in the gym for 1.5hrs in total including 30 mins for my induction, think I went on every single machine in the place! :eek:

Anyway I've had a lovely day, worked till 1 (now 2 days off, yey!) met up with a friend at the pub, hit the gym and now gonna chill out for the rest of the evening. At the minute I'm sat in my pj's lounging on the sofa watching Obese: A year to save my life USA, its so inspiring to see how much weight can be lost quickly. One woman lost 100lbs (7 st) in 3 months, guess its a bit easier when you've got a personal trainer living with you and your house turned into a gym! Still it shows what's possible with a LOT of determination and a LOT of hard work. I guess people on these shows literally live just to exercise. The woman on the show I watched worked out 6 days a week, 5 hours a day and lost 14st in a year!! WOW! :eek:

Week 34, Day 5 - EE
Breakfast - Wholegrain oats so simple with milk - hexb + 1/2 hexa
Snack - Roast chicken pieces
Lunch - Jacket potato with tuna mayo (3 syns) and sweetcorn, cheese (1/2 hexa) and side salad - 3 syns
Snack - Fresh strawberries topped with vanilla muller
Tea - Salmon one pot with asparagus, new potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, onion and a little garlic butter - 5 syns (it doesn't taste the same without the butter! :eek:)
Snack - Banana
Total - 8 syns

Exercise:
20 mins walking
1.5 hours in gym

Usually I have one day a week as 'treat' night. I was meant to be going to an American Diner place this weekend with Chris and was going to flexi syn it, but decided not to go. I really want this weight off more than I want bad food. I've got my holiday coming up in a month and I want to be in the best place I can be for hitting that beach. I know I won't be happy with my weight by then, but I'll be a lot happier if I hit my April monthly target (10lbs) than I would be otherwise. So yeah, having a week off 'treat' night and instead enjoying a yummy EE day for under 10 syns. I don't feel like I'm even missing out as that salmon dish is amazing, can't wait to tuck in! :)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! Felt so weird working this morning, but now I get a 2.5 day weekend so I can't complain! xx

You are doing so so well!! Well done on all the excersise! You really are motivating me to get of my fat ass and join the gym!

Always such an inspiration!

You'll def hit your April target with all those low syn red days and I'm sure you'll feel fab on holiday especially as you'll be more toned from the gym too.

I love how on plan days can be treats too. My post WI 'treat' is to have a green day and I always really enjoy it!

Hope you have a lovely night in! I'm doing exactly the same!xx

Hey Bev :), sounds like you've had a smashing day. Well done for trying all the machines at the gym, its a good way of finding out what works for you. Your being so sensible about your meals out and sticking to the plan, I am 100% certain you will achive your 10lb goal in April :p. The programme you are talking about sounds so similar to the Chris Powell one from the US that I watch. He makes people lose like 100lbs or more in a year. He trains them and turns their home partly into a gym, they get guidance on food and nutrition. He sets them quarterly targets and when they hit them they get a huge reward. I am in love with that programme, its called Extreme Weightloss Edition, he's the guy I told you about that has the book out on Carb Cycling. If your like me and get really motivated by these programmes, here is a link to some of his episodes, if you have time one day, watch them, they are fab and he is amazing !!

Extreme.Makeover.Weight.Loss.Edition.S02E04 - Ashley - YouTube

Kay xx

Oh man what a workout! Feeling absolutely exhausted, but I guess that shows just how hard I pushed myself. Not sure how many cals I burnt as most of my exercises were with the weights, but man I feel shattered! I was in the gym for 1.5hrs in total including 30 mins for my induction, think I went on every single machine in the place! :eek: Anyway I've had a lovely day, worked till 1 (now 2 days off, yey!) met up with a friend at the pub, hit the gym and now gonna chill out for the rest of the evening. At the minute I'm sat in my pj's lounging on the sofa watching Obese: A year to save my life USA, its so inspiring to see how much weight can be lost quickly. One woman lost 100lbs (7 st) in 3 months, guess its a bit easier when you've got a personal trainer living with you and your house turned into a gym! Still it shows what's possible with a LOT of determination and a LOT of hard work. I guess people on these shows literally live just to exercise. The woman on the show I watched worked out 6 days a week, 5 hours a day and lost 14st in a year!! WOW! :eek: Week 34, Day 5 - EE Breakfast - Wholegrain oats so simple with milk - hexb + 1/2 hexa Snack - Roast chicken pieces Lunch - Jacket potato with tuna mayo (3 syns) and sweetcorn, cheese (1/2 hexa) and side salad - 3 syns Snack - Fresh strawberries topped with vanilla muller Tea - Salmon one pot with asparagus, new potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, onion and a little garlic butter - 5 syns (it doesn't taste the same without the butter! :eek:) Snack - Banana Total - 8 syns Exercise: 20 mins walking 1.5 hours in gym Usually I have one day a week as 'treat' night. I was meant to be going to an American Diner place this weekend with Chris and was going to flexi syn it, but decided not to go. I really want this weight off more than I want bad food. I've got my holiday coming up in a month and I want to be in the best place I can be for hitting that beach. I know I won't be happy with my weight by then, but I'll be a lot happier if I hit my April monthly target (10lbs) than I would be otherwise. So yeah, having a week off 'treat' night and instead enjoying a yummy EE day for under 10 syns. I don't feel like I'm even missing out as that salmon dish is amazing, can't wait to tuck in! :) Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! Felt so weird working this morning, but now I get a 2.5 day weekend so I can't complain! xx

Hi Bev , wow a brilliant stint at the gym , you'll smash that target no problem,
Food for today sounds yummy ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Determination right there! I was exactly the same when I had about 3-4st left to lose (can't remember exactly when it was) I just cut out treat night completely. I was still losing weight, in fact my losses didn't get better when I cut it out anyway, but I just didn't feel the 'need' for it at all. I wasn't enjoying it, just felt like I was doing it on automatic! My boyfriend loves his take aways and we always said Saturday night would stay take away night but I just put my foot down and said no. I did feel great just plodding away on 15syns a day and eating yummy healthy food, didn't feel deprived, was losing every week and so on. Now I'm at goal I re-introduced it though, I do enjoy it again (think sometimes we just get bored of things and need a break!) but I know having that prevents me from having the extra hexb's that people have when at target. But I don't care I enjoy my night off and having a pig out once a week and Ive stayed within target every week anyway so I'm going to continue.

How exciting it's only a month til you go away though! Have you started holiday clothes shopping? Bet you'll need a lot of smaller stuff! Oh and thank you for the lovely comments you left on my diary x

Rochelle - That's exactly how I feel atm with the treat meals. I just don't want them at the moment. Don't get me wrong I love naughty food as much as ever, but I've got an all inclusive holiday in 4 weeks, I'll be more than making up to it. Amazing how I can wait 4 weeks for naughty food now, yet in the past I couldn't even wait for the take away to arrive before starting on the chocolate! :eek:

Glad you're enjoying your treat night now you're at target, I think I'd be the same and would rather have one night off than extra hexb's during the week. You've done brilliant with maintaining, sounds daft but I think I'd find it really stressful at first as I'd be worried I'd put the weight back on when there isn't that focus on losing every week. Anyway, at least 7 stone to go before I have that to worry about, what a lovely worry it'll be to have! :D

Von - Thanks hunny! I really do hope so, will pop by your diary later and see how you're getting on!

Kay - Yep that's the same programme! Thanks hun, I've bookmarked that link so I can watch them all. Shows like that are soooo inspiring!

Had so much fun today trying all the different machines. Definitely know what to include on my next weights session now. Find I'm really enjoying the rowing machine too :)

Sophie - Aww, thanks hun! For ages I never went but seeing everyone else get so positive about exercise made me feel like I was missing something. I just hope I still come away with decent losses, I know it can slow them down a bit at first so just hope that doesn't happen to me!

xxx

Rochelle - That's exactly how I feel atm with the treat meals. I just don't want them at the moment. Don't get me wrong I love naughty food as much as ever, but I've got an all inclusive holiday in 4 weeks, I'll be more than making up to it. Amazing how I can wait 4 weeks for naughty food now, yet in the past I couldn't even wait for the take away to arrive before starting on the chocolate! :eek:

Glad you're enjoying your treat night now you're at target, I think I'd be the same and would rather have one night off than extra hexb's during the week. You've done brilliant with maintaining, sounds daft but I think I'd find it really stressful at first as I'd be worried I'd put the weight back on when there isn't that focus on losing every week. Anyway, at least 7 stone to go before I have that to worry about, what a lovely worry it'll be to have! :D

Von - Thanks hunny! I really do hope so, will pop by your diary later and see how you're getting on!

Kay - Yep that's the same programme! Thanks hun, I've bookmarked that link so I can watch them all. Shows like that are soooo inspiring!

Had so much fun today trying all the different machines. Definitely know what to include on my next weights session now. Find I'm really enjoying the rowing machine too :)

Sophie - Aww, thanks hun! For ages I never went but seeing everyone else get so positive about exercise made me feel like I was missing something. I just hope I still come away with decent losses, I know it can slow them down a bit at first so just hope that doesn't happen to me!

xxx
I did feel like that at first, especially when you see a gain when you've followed plan all week! But I just realise now that my body has lost almost 9st, which is more than some girls weigh! And it's REALLY happy at around 11st and it likes to fluctuate between 10st 13lb and 11st 2lb lol I'm totally fine with that. It does take a few weeks before you start feeling ok with it though! I do get jealous of these people at group who drop below target all the time, when I've not done that yet but I suppose I have a large appetite still, probably always will and I eat a lot of food, albeit healthy food, so I probably eat all my calories where as some of them might not! Never mind, I'm happy at the moment.

Oh you will more than make up for the no take away thing! All inclusive is the best! It's rude not to have a 3 course dinner and a bottle of wine every night, cos you've paid for it, why not! Lol where is it you're going again? X

Yeh I'm on the rowing machine like a mad woman :whacky068: then when I look around and see a few people staring I realise I've gone bright red as a tomato then I stop :p lol, because I have my mp3 on I sometimes am totally unaware of what's going on around me, my sister laughs when she sees me go :D.

Kay xx

Hey lovelies,

Feeling pants today! I started taking typhoid tablets for my hols yesterday, it's a course of 3 over 5 days rather than having the injection as they had none in stock at my docs. Anyway they warned me at the time that it can lead to stomach upsets, sickness and feeling pants as a side effect, but never thought I'd feel this rubbish. Didn't make it to the gym for kettle bells today. I was getting ready to go and then puked everywhere. :( Had a look on the timetable and hope I feel well enough for the kettle bells class tomorrow morning at 10, I've booked onto it so just gotta see how I feel.

I'm crashed out on the sofa today watching movies and Biggest loser. Decided to go for another EE day as I just don't feel in the mood for red and fancy some rice for the first time in over month! :eek:

Week 34, Day 6 - Red
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - Tuna mayo (2 syns) jacket potato (hexb) with cheese (hexa) and side salad
Snacks - Muller, banana, 3 x toffifee - 6 syns
Tea - Red peppers wrapped in bacon with philadelphia cheese (hexa)
Total - 8 syns

- EDIT: after all that I managed a red day as the tea Chris priginally made was way too spicy for me so had my red peppers and bacon instead!

Feeling absolutely exhausted again now, think I'm going to lie down for a bit, I just hope I feel a lot better for tomorrow and kettle bells. Felt so gutted I couldn't go today, really wouldn't want to miss tomorrows class too.

-----

Rochelle - Off to Tunisia hun, and I'll be making the most of the AI for sure. Determined to do lots of swimming every day to try and cancel out the naughties. Hopefully an hour or two in the pool each day will help me come back with a maintain. When I went to Lanzarote AI last Oct I had a 2.5lb gain, which isn't bad, but I hardly did any exercise, hopefully with the exercise on top I'll manage a STS. *fingers crossed*

Kay - Haha, I can imagine you going crazy with it! I know what you mean about getting red, I arrive at the gym looking like a normal human being an leave looking like a sweaty mess. Ah well, at least it means its working! :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about not being well with the tablets. I didn't realise typhoid was so prolific there, we didn't take any when we went but that was 6/7 years ago!

You kinda hit on the bit I was going to say, about losses when working out. Not sure if you remember or were around on my diary but SW and weightlifting were not compatible for me, I wasn't getting enough calories because I was always full from free food that was filling but didn't have enough energy. It wasn't until I put my calories up that I started losing again.

Don't get disheartened if your losses slow down, your body composition will still be changing el make sure you measure or take pics!

Aww that's not good the tablets making you Ill :( I never knew they did that! Just rest up Hun and take it easy. Tunisia is meant to be fab. I'm sure swimming and making a few sensible choices (I see that as not going wild on bread and having some salad lol) will help keep any weight gains to a minimum! But if you do gain, just remember it'll come back off it's not the end of the world x

Oh Bev , get plenty of rest today , I hope you feel better tomorrow, when I went Tunisia 8 years ago I had the injections ,
Thinking of you Hun
Hugs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Bev, really sorry to hear your unwell hun, boo to the tabs ! Hope you get some rest today and are feeling much better soon :).

Kay xx

Jody - Yeah I was surprised at the typhoid too, but Chris was given the same and he's at a different docs, so maybe it's just a new requirement or something. They also said there's a very high risk of rabies, but the injections for that cost £180, so I'm just gonna avoid animals for the week, lol! :D

You hit the nail on the head with the possibility of losses slowing down due to exercise. I know if they do it'll be because of my body composition changing but I'd find it disheartening all the same. I know a few people who seem to exercise loads yet have very slow losses, just hope that doesn't happen to me. I wouldn't mind with the last stone or so but when I've got at least 7 left to lose I couldn't cope with 1lb a fortnight or something, but anyway not gonna stress, will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Rochelle
- Yeah you're right hun, it's holiday at the end of the day and for one week a year I can let myself off the leash. I had 3 completely off plan days at Christmas and still lost, so you never know eh!

Von - Thanks hun, just had an afternoon nap and feeling a bit brighter now! Hope you're having a good day!

Kay - Thanks hun, I just hope i'm well enough to go to kettlebells tomorrow, getting addicted to exercise now. Don't mind so much missing it today and doing consecutive days but I'd be gutted if I couldn't go tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed hey! Just gonna pop across to your diary now!

xxxxx

Glad to have you back and feeling better hun :). I hope your well enough to go gym tomorrow too, but I will still say take it easy. I know what its like, once you start going regular you feel really bad if you miss a day. In terms of your losses if you did have to miss tomorrow because your still not feeling 100%, then rest assured you will still come out fine with your low syn red days :D. What have you got planned for tea tonight ?

Kay xx

Glad to have you back and feeling better hun :). I hope your well enough to go gym tomorrow too, but I will still say take it easy. I know what its like, once you start going regular you feel really bad if you miss a day. In terms of your losses if you did have to miss tomorrow because your still not feeling 100%, then rest assured you will still come out fine with your low syn red days :D. What have you got planned for tea tonight ?

Kay xx

Well Chris is cooking tonight and it smells yummy. He's doing chicken with peppers, onions, Levi Roots jerk sauce and rice. Due to the sauce it comes out as 5 syns but hopefully it'll be worth it!

Hope you're right about the red days, definitely need to get back on them. Its funny how I feel like I've had a 'naughty' weekend because I've had 2 EE days, lol! :rolleyes:

Back