From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Quick foodie update, off plan meal but that's all I've eaten today so hopefully not toooo much damage

Breakfast - Grapes
Lunch/Tea - Off plan meal
Starter - Shared Camembert, bread and chutney
Main- Sirloin steak with a small portion of chips and salad
Dessert - Blackforest gateaux

Still feel completely stuffed! Enjoyed it though, Back on plan 100% now until next Sat when I head off for hols. Not hopefull of a loss this week but will be more than happy with a STS. Star week is now in town so I'm heading to bed for an early night! Will catch up tomorrow, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xxx

Mmm off plan meal sounds lush! I'm sure you will manage a STS :) Where you off on hols anywhere nice?

Morning hun :), hope your well. Your foodage has been looking well scrummy these last few days, glad your enjoying your food. Only one week left to your hols now, wow time flys ! Bet your well excited, you so deserve a nice break Bev. Can't wait to see the hol pics when your back :D. I hope your having a lovely Sunday, speak soon.

Kay xx

Heyyyy guys!

Finally have time for a proper Mini's catch up and to reply to peeps today! * week is in town so I'm feeling pretty crappy and snuggled up on the sofa. Having a day off from study as the co-codemol tablets I take make me feel really dosy and I can never take anything in! :rolleyes: I keep meaning to go to the docs actually to get something stronger for the pain, just keep forgetting, must make an appointment after I get back from hols!

Food wise during * week I never really eat much as I just don't feel like it, so it's going to be a light EE day, though got Chris's yummy home made meatballs for tea. Exercise just hasn't happened these last few days so I'm a little behind with C25K now, determined to get Week 2 runs 2 and 3 done before my holiday, but I expect when I get back I'll need to restart from the beginning of week 2 anyway.

Week 37, Day 6 - EE
Brunch - Strawbs and muller
Tea - Chris's home made meat balls with pasta, sauce and cheese - 8 syns + hexa
Snack - Grapes
Total - 8 syns

Not a great food day but my tummy hurts so its to be expected really, will try and eat my hexb if I feel up to it but I practically had to force the strawberries down me, so doubt it'll happen.

Clothes stuff

I've had a bit of a spring clean this morning and sorted out loads (and I mean LOADS) of old clothes that just clog up my wardrobe. It's amazing how big they are now, I found trousers and dresses in 26 and 28!! I remember the 28 trousers feeling tight too, how scary!! I also found a long sleeved top I bought in a 14 about 10 years ago, put it on today and it actually fits! In fact I'm so chuffed I'm wearing it now. Okay its not a tight fitting 14, I know I wouldn't get into one of those, but it's still an amazing feeling! :) All my holiday tees were 16's so its amazing to think I'm nearly in standard size 14's, hopefully by the time I shop for my uni wardrobe I'll be wearing size 14 tops, got 4 months to make that happen!

Holiday stuff

Getting all organised for the holiday this weekend. Got the case out of the cellar and gonna start packing later. Had some good news that Chris's mate Stef can house sit for us while we're away. Will save us £140 in cattery fees and the cats won't be cooped up all week long either, just gotta give the house a big tidy this week so its all nice for him now. Ooh and I really need to remember to book the excursion we want to do too. Emma told me about it when she went last year, its to the Colosseum that was used to film gladiator, bet that'll be amazing! :)

Weigh in stuff

As I've mentioned a couple of times it hasn't been a great week for me food wise. Had that little club blow out and then the off plan meal yesterday. In the past I'd really beat myself up about it and panic that I was going back to my old ways, but this week I've felt a lot more relaxed. I seem to be able to just accept I've had a slip and get back on plan now without giving myself loads of unnecessary stress. I'm not expecting a loss this week, but I'm still going to WI on Thur morning as planned.

---

Sorry I've been so crap with the replies, you'll all have to bear with me over this next month until my exam is done with as I'm absolutely swamped with work! After that I'll be free as a daisy to bore you all to tears, so enjoy it while it lasts :p;)

Clareel - Nope the Sky man ever turned up in the end! I rang up and apparently he knocked on the door, but did he heck, I was sat by the door the whole time, grr!

I know what you mean about a blow out now and again, I just keep justifying it by thinking it'll raise my metabolism a bit, haha :rolleyes::D Ah well, as long as its not a regular occurrence I'm not going to beat myself up.

Lucky you with all the Ireland trips, I've never been before but can't wait! It looks like such a beautiful country. Any places you recommend we visit?

Ooh and I'm off to Tunisia next Sunday, some sun and relaxation is just what I need right now before the final push to my exam, so it can't come soon enough for me now!

MrsG - Yep you're totally right, before I'd have eaten like that EVERY night of the week, if not worse! Scary when I look back and think what I used to eat too, no wonder I got to nearly 25 stone! *shudder*

Sophie - Thanks hun, I'm actually pretty good at the drawing a line part, just not so good at the not doing it in the first place part, ah well, we live and learn!

I've never been to Ireland or Wales either (apart from a wrong turn that took me across the Severn bridge into Wales for all of 5 minutes!) so you're not alone. I'm sure they are both beautiful countries, but Ireland has always appealed to me more for some reason. I absolutely love travelling and exploring new places so really excited about going, didn't think I'd be able to afford it this year with all the wedding planning so dead chuffed the flights are finally booked! Yey for cheap flight deals! :D

Ruby - HAHA! That's crazy! Can't believe they vanished for 2 days, sounds like something off the Hangover, lol. :p At least they all turned up safe though but bet you were worried sick!

Absolutely agree with what you said about changing the way our minds view food. Before for me it was a complete comfort thing and I never considered my body at all, now 90% of the time I'm 'good', compared to about 5% of the time before! Still have my moments like with the clubs, but on the whole its improved incredibly, still got lots to learn though before I get to target.

Rochelle
- Definitely agree its that horrible feeling afterwards that's the worst. I actually felt like crying after. Thankfully I've got pretty good at drawing lines now and putting it behind me. I used to always completely give up on my diet after binges in the past and I realised early on that I need to just get back on plan straight after. Now I feel completely fine about it, it's just a shame that instead of hoping for a nice loss to go away with I'm expecting a STS, but at least its hopefully not a gain!

Kay - Thanks hun, I can't believe there's only a week left too. Seems like only yesterday I was writing my goals and putting '6 stone less luggage for Tunisia' on my sig, can't believe I've actually done it! Feeling so chuffed still from getting that award! I've missed you this week and expect I have a massive chunk of your diary to catch up with you (you have so many friends that it moves like lightening), off to catch up on diaries now so I'll pop over in a bit. hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

Last edited:
I went to the colluseum when I went to Tunisia, it was really good. Take lots of photo's xx

Haha, don't worry about that I'm like the bleedin' paparazzi when it comes to holiday pics, I do Chris's head in! :D

Glad you enjoyed it, I can't wait! xx

Oh wow Tunisia will be fabulous! Defo needed after all the studying you have been doing and then will be nice and relaxed before cracking on with it and acing the exam :D Brilliant news about the size 14 top as well, that is proper exciting! I'm sure you will be in all 14s by the time you start uni.

Dublin is fab, defo do the guinness factory if you can, even if you don't like drinking it it's really interesting! The tour bus that goes around the place is really good too and there's a few places along the route to get off and look at which are really good for photos etc. Other than that just enjoy the delish food and the great pubs! Lots of shops as well if that's your thing :)

That sucks about TOTM causing you pain :( I used to really struggle with mine and was on the strong co-codamol as well, remember that zombie feeling. Have been okay though since I started the minipill and now don't have TOTM at all which is the best thing ever lol. Defo see your GP though no good being in pain every month if it can be helped.

Have fun packing!!

Hey!

Been reading your diary over the last few days and just wanted to say Hi and Well Done on your amazing loss!
I am in week 1 so reading your diary has been a real inspiration.

Going back a bit, I see what you mean about groups not being for you. I find them a bit 'cheerleadery' and find myself wanting to roll my eyes at some stuff. I am a bit cynical though :)
I think long term a group won't be for me either but think I need the push to keep me going for the first few stone. I like to think that when I lose a good chunk of weight this will be a way of life for me anyway.
Anyway I'm rambling....so good luck and thanks again for the inspiration!

Gem

Sorry hun I've been late replying tonight, thank you for your lovely post on my diary, I have replied :). I'm glad your doing well, hopefully we'll catch up tomorrow now. Take care lovely.

Kay xx

Morning guys!

I know its nearly afternoon, gotta love having Mondays off. There's no sweeter feeling in the world than rolling over for a couple more hours while your OH is getting up at half 6! Hehe ;)

Had quite a lazy morning so far, long lie in followed by booking my hotel for Dublin. Found a really nice one bang in the city centre with a 60% off deal on at the minute too. Love finding a good bargain! So far the whole trip (flights and 3 nights in a 4* hotel) has come in at £220 in total! :eek:

Food wise today i'm having a light EE day. Still feeling a bit crappy from * week but its improving now which is good. Hopefully I'll be completely free of the bloat in time for WI on Thur. Would kill for some kind of loss this week so I've got a bit of a cushion for hols, but if it doesn't happen then I'm not gonna be surprised!

Week 37, Day 7 -EE
Breakfast - Muller
Lunch - Salad with tuna pasta, cucumber, sweetcorn, beetroot, grated carrot, tomatoes, kidney beans (hexb), cous cous - 3 syns
Tea - Red peppers stuffed with philly (hexa) and bacon
Snack - grapes
Total - 3 syns

I'm off to go study now for the rest of the day (*yawn*), determined to make some good progress with things today. Will be on later though to reply to peeps and read a few more diaries! I'm slowly working my way through the backlog, lol xx

That's a great deal on the Dublin trip! Food sounds good today :) Don't study too hard!

X

Gem - Thanks for stopping by hun, lovely to 'meet' you! I think group was just what I needed to help get me on track to begin with, but know what you mean about all the clapping and stuff being a bit cheerleadery! Its such a buzz to know I can do it on my own now without all that crap if you know what I mean ;) Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Clareel - Yeah defo gonna have to check out the Guinness factory, I'm not a big drinker but its just one of those must sees in Dublin! Hope you're getting on well with your study. Tunisia can't come quickly enough now!

Kay - Sorry I missed you again today, just posted on your diary after reading your new, boo. Gutted for you hun! :( *hugs*

Rae - Thanks hun!

---

Well booked the trips for Tunisia tonight! Going on 2, one to see the Colosseum from Gladiator and a camel caravan ride. Should be quite fun. Can't believe I'm feeling so much better about my weight that I've got the courage to ride on a bleedin' camel! :D Should be able to get some nice pics with a bit of luck.

Also managed to fit into some 'one size fits all' tights earlier, what a buzz! I'm sick of wearing my standard black leggings so its great to know I'll be able to get some nice tights now for the summer. :)

Low syn red day planned for tomorrow. Only 2 more days now till WI! xxx

Morning guys,

Just about to set off to work. Feeling so sleepy this morning, hoping the walk will wake me up!

After work at 1 I'm heading to get my eyebrows waxed and then to the shops for a nice salad for tea. The rest of the day I'll be studying. Yummy red day on the cards today that looks a lot like this:

Week 38, day 1 - red
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Lunch - veggie soup
Snack - grapes, muller
Tea - hunters chicken (hexa) with big salad - 4 syns
Total - 4 syns

Only 4 more sleeps now until we head to the airport, 2 more sleeps to Wi and 5 more sleeps till I stop bugging you with my holiday countdown! ;) xx

hi Bev,

you are doing so great chick. Please do not stop bugging us about your holiday we love hearing about it and all the fab trips you have planned. I lovely holidays too so can't wait to hear all about it. I'm of on holiday end of June for 2 weeks so I hope to have another 1.5 stone off by then if possible would take me into the 17's which would be amazing for me!
your Dublin trip sounds great, you will have a great time lots to do & see as we are so friendly and like to have the craic! Some great wee pubs too :).
Best of luck for your weigh in this week :) x

Ruby - HAHA! That's crazy! Can't believe they vanished for 2 days, sounds like something off the Hangover, lol. :p At least they all turned up safe though but bet you were worried sick!

Absolutely agree with what you said about changing the way our minds view food. Before for me it was a complete comfort thing and I never considered my body at all, now 90% of the time I'm 'good', compared to about 5% of the time before! Still have my moments like with the clubs, but on the whole its improved incredibly, still got lots to learn though before I get to target.

Probably should have pointed out that this was during a sports competition between 3 university's, where it was not uncommon for people to stay out all night drinking and then turn up to their respective matches still drunk. There are lots of other stories along similar lines but I'm sworn to secrecy and wouldn't want to damage the reputation of the institution in question!

Yay on the NSV of the size 14! I'm finding that I still can't get into a lot of my size 14 clothes because they aren't really a 14 in my eyes, they're more like 12's (and I'm definitely not there yet!) I wish there was universal sizing so all stores sizes were the same. I have like 3 skirts from H&M that are 14's and I can wear one of them but not the other 2, and then I have a 16 from there that appears to be even smaller than the 14's I can't get on!

Can't wait to see your holiday pics, I've always wanted to go on a camel ride but DF can't stand the heat in the countries you would have to go to in order to experience one. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time, not long to go now!

I agree with NewMe - you're not bugging us! I love hearing about holidays and defo want to see some pics when you get back :) Red day food lush yum, love hunters chicken! Enjoy :)

Hi hun :), thanks for your support on my diary, really appreciate it. Hope your having a smashing week. :p

Kay xx

Eeeek! Bet you can't wait for your holiday! It's soooo soon! You're not bugging us! Share the love!xx

Back