From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Well done Emma. Meant to say earlier l noticed your new avatar pic - you're looking good. :)

Hope everyone's had a good week. I'm sooooo glad it's the weekend,no more work until Monday, yay! (that'll change if my husband brings home something urgent for me to do, hope not! :fingerscrossed:
Tomorrow we're going to the local agricultural show and on Sunday we're going to a party. Hope the weather stays nice.

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)

TGFI!!!! Been a terrible week at work :grumble: first of all exam season is upon us, and as usual we are expected to be in 2 places at once. We have to act as "readers and scribes" for some of the pupils sitting GCSE exams, who normally don't have support, and there are also end of year exams going on inbetween GCSE, so this means that we have to leave the pupils we do support in order to do this. I am sort of incharge of sorting this out, but I have teachers who should have to support in their lessons complaining to the powers that be that support has been taken away, teachers who subject the exam is complaining that some pupils taking the exam haven't been covered, in some cases there are 16 pupils needing scribes and there are only 10 of us and two are part timers anyway we are still expected to do lunch duties and be in the exam in the lesson after lunch to scribe, when this is when we should be having our lunch For GCSEs school have to find the scribes so we have the exams officer complaining that he'll have to use office staff and its not their job and that its the TA departments job,and we should be covering all the exams he doesn't seem to get that 16 or more pupils cannot be covered by 10 TAs.

Then on the one afternoon, when for once there wasn't an exam one of the pupils I support totally lost the plot and hit another pupil, for no reason, the teacher had to drag him off the other pupil, as he'd pushed be aside when I tried to stop him , the head was involved and he went blastic at the pupil and he was excluded to 2 days but "its wasn't his fault!!! according to the senco WHAT?????? I don't know what planet she lives on!! Rant over sorry.

I hope I win the lottery this weekend so I can leave them all to it and they're have 9 TAs to share between 16 pupils haha

Last edited:
Trisha, what an awful week for you, the amount of work you and the other TAs are expected to take on is beyond ridiculous. Hope you have a peaceful weekend and get a chance to unwind :hug99: :hug99:

:fingerscrossed: for this weekend's lottery.

Thanks Disney, yeah having a peaceful quiet weekend, DH been working all of it though :( Didn't win Euro lottery :cry: but not checked Saturdays yet so there is still hope, otherwise its back to the madhouse tomorrow.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Quizz, hang in there. :hug99:

Hope everyone has a good week :fingerscrossed:

Hope everyone is doing better than me dietwise, just can't seem to stick to it at the moment, got to keep trying!

Hope you all have a good half term.

diet good yesterday, today good so far. Tomorrow going out for lunch for my MIL's 80th birthday, then need to get back on track again.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Back on track, got to stay there. Going to charity ball in 3 1/2 months time, bought an outfit in the sales which l plan to wear to it (to keep me motivated l've posted a photo of outfit/shoes/handbag in my profile album, it's the blue dress, silver shoes & bag). I MUST lose weight before then otherwise there is no way it will fit. So here goes. :)

Hello Girls! Here I am like a wet (fat) cat being dragged in after ages and ages of being away! My goal is to lose 2stone by 28 August when I am going on an 11 day cruise of the baltics. They have this glam formal night and I want to wear something smoking hot.

How is everyone xx

Hi Charlotte, welcome back. We CAN do this. We know CD works. Good luck to both of us. :)

I'm still lurking as well! doing my usual lose a few lbs, sts, gain the few I lost. I really need to get back on track. going away in 5 weeks, and I'd like to lose at least a stone by then, I've just got to stop messing around.

Good luck to all of us

Back