From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Good luck Trisha. :)

Hi Disney and Quizu are hope you are both well,

I don't know why I'm finding it so hard at the moment, like you both say I know CD works, and I'm fine at work but when I get home I really struggle and start picking aaarrgghh!!!! if I could just get through the first week or so without picking I'd be ok, I really need to focus on the diet

Last edited:
Trisha, l've had weeks and weeks of struggling since March, err that's months rather than weeks isn't it! :eek: I finally feel able to get back on track, found out a couple of days ago that we are going to a charity ball end of Sept, it's helped me feel movitated again knowing l'll look so much better and enjoy the ball a lot more if l lose the weight l've regained since last year.

Trisha, is there an event or birthday or something that you could aim for?

My CDC says her clients who restart often find it harder sticking to CD after the first time round, you've just got to persevere. I keep reminding myself of that idea in the Beck diet book about how each time you resist temptation it makes it easier for you to resist the next time. I find that so true.

Hi Disney & quiz

No We hvae no events comig up, if there were I think it would be easier like you say. We are going away in 5 weeks, but only going down to SIL's in Portsmouth, as cash a bit tight with DD being at uni and trying to get the house ready to sell, all our spare cash is going on that ! but I keep trying only other thing is DD is 21 in November, but she will be away at uni, and doesn't want a party or anything, she had that on her 18th, we will go up and see her and take her and boyfriend out. Think I've just got to focus and think of the end prize, but its hard.

Trisha, maybe you could use going to SIL's in 5 weeks as something fairly short-term to aim for, say lose a stone by then. Then set further mini goals for say the start of the new school term, then one for the date of your daughter's birthday.

I set myself lots of mini goals, current one is to make it to the weekend, then medium & longer term ones, l write them down in a note book. It's what worked for me first time round and hopefully it will this time, l've just got to stay determined and focused. When l wasn't in this frame of mind l could hardly get past one day, during the day would go ok then l'd totally blow it in the evening. :(

Quizz, hope you are having a good day.

Emma, hope you are getting better.

Last edited:
I know, think I'll have to set mini goals get through 1 day, 3 days , 1 week etc I think that part of the problem is that I've got just over 1 stone to go to get to first goal, then maybe another half stone, so there's not the same urgency as there was the first time.

Disney, I like the quote from Beck about resisting temptation. I've got the Beck book but not got very far with it. Think I might put the goals on my signiture might help.

Trisha, maybe you could ease yourself back into CD by doing SS+ or 810, since you haven't got all that much to lose maybe you could stay on 810 if you find you can stick to it easier. It would be interesting to hear what Quizz suggests.

Another day nearly over for me, going to watch The Apprentice in half an hour. I seem to be really tired/drained these days. It's been a sad time recently, someone l know died a couple of weeks ago, she committed suicide. It was such a shock when l was told. She was married with 2 children in their early teens.

Also my son has been having problems at school with being bullied. We've been to the school about it, we've been told our son (age 7) isn't being singled out by the child doing the bullying, other children are being affected too, as if this is meant to make it not so bad. The child doing the bullying has real family problems from what l know and the school has said multiple agencies are involved, l do feel sorry for him, but at the same time my son and other children have the right to go to school in a safe enviroment and not have their education disrupted. It's good l've got two relatives who are teachers so l can discuss what is going on with them and hear their opinion. Rant over, sorry. :(

Good idea about 810/ss+ Disney, thats what I did last time, and it worked, but for somw reason I just cave in when I get home. I'm also really tired these days its been hetic at school lots of TA's off sick, and we have to cover their pupils as well as act as scribes for pupils sitting GCSE's we just don't seem to have a minute.

As for your son, it is hard, and if the pupil doing the bullying has a statement or is "looked after" or has lots of agencies involved, it makes it harder for the school to do anything, because of the "child's rights" working in a school I see situations like this all the time and we (TA's) often say what about the rest of the class and thier rights , but schools hands are often tied, they do get suspended etc, but seem to "get away" with a lot more than other pupils, but the school will be doing their best , I'm sure, but just make sure you keep a log of any incidents that affect your son.

Last edited:
Day 5 over & dietwise so far so good. Getting back into CD headaches haven't been too bad this time, but l've been feeling a bit yuck with a sore throat, sore ear and feeling feverish, think there is a virus going round at the moment as my son was unwell part of last week.

We seem to have only 3 or 4 of us on this thread now, l'll post we've got a couple of spaces, hope that's ok.

Quizz, Trisha & Emma too (if you are about) hope you all have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Well done on getting to day 5 Disney, what plan are you doing?

Quizz and Emma how are you both?

Have a good weekend

Trisha, l'm doing SS, did a couple of days cutting down on carbs beforehand. I'm also giving myself the option of SS+/810 if l feel l need it, ie if l'm tempted to stray, better that than going totally off plan, which had been happening on & off since March.

I'm hoping to stick to 810/1000 the 10 days l'm on holiday in July - thinking of having 2 or 3 CD a day + evening meal allowed by those plans. It's not going to be easy, but l've GOT to do it, l really hate having put weight back on again, a lot of the new clothes l bought last year aren't fitting. In 3 months time l know l'll be happier with myself if l've tried my very, very best. That ended up a long reply, l need to keep reinforcing these thoughts to myself, posting it here helps, l think.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Thank you for your well wishes, I am better thank you but just waiting or my gall bladder op now.

I have made the decision to come off of Cambridge now as my digestive system has been going through a lot! I may go back to it later in the year but I'm not sure yet, so I figure that it is only fair that I let someone who needs it take my place on our team as the support you ladies give is invaluable. I wish you all the best of luck and thank you so much for your support, I'll still be lurking around though so we'll catch up soon! xxx

Hi Emma,

I am so glad to hear from you. It is not great about the gallbladder though :( you are such a lovely lady will you please keep in touch with us xxx

Disney well done on this week! I have lost 7 this week whoot. I am really trying hard to be looking nice for my cruise x
Trisha how are you coping xx

Emma you must keep in touch with us, good luck for the op.

Quiz well done on the loss.

I've struggled to stay 100% this week, been having about 1200 cals so not too bad. I'm aiming to try and stick to cd ss this week, but will do ss+ if struggling.

Quiz do you know if I would be able to make a soup using the veg drink, and celery, would it still be within plan?

Hey hello. Do you still have room for another? I started Cambridge SS today. I've been successful with Cambridge before, but my weight has crept back. Got 4 stone to lose... starting today!

Hi Tazzy welcome :welcome: yes we still have room.

I'm a restarter as well, like you the weight crept back on :cry: I want to lose between a stone an a stone and a half ..... maybe more see how I feel when I get there!!

Back