From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Chunkeymonkey, :welcome2: to the team. Great to have you onboard. How are you finding the diet so far? I'm just going to see if l can find the thread by a guy who had great success with CD & has maintained his weight loss, there was also an online blog/newsletter he wrote called the Diet Guy, not sure if he still writes it. - back in a min.
:)
edit - here's the thread
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...mation/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

If you click on his username (icemoose) on the left of the thread you'll be able to look up other posts and threads by him - he's inspiring.

There's a thread about him in the success stories section of the forum
http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/10805-icemoose-one-year-now-two-new-photos-added.html

Thats really useful. I dont think Ive come across many men doing the CD. :p I'll dedicate some time to reading it later!

Hi ChunkeyMonkey, I'm new too :)

Poor Disney, I hope you're feeling better!

Are you all enjoying the sunshine? It's lovely here and the pets (guinea pigs) can enjoy the garden too :) I had to put a dampner on my enthusiasm though: I felt so energised after my morning workout that I was itching to start clearing out the garage but my husband's face made me realise it was one sided ;) And I'm glad I didn't decide to do some clearing out, because it's lovely here in the garden, with my husband. We only have camping chairs but next summer I would love some sun loungers :D But I should not complain: at least we have a garden :)

It's so great to be part of a team, it makes me feel even more focused as I don't want to disappoint y'all :)

Hi Book worm we have guinea pigs too! 2 girls Tilly and Ginger they are both 3 years old. They have been out in the garden too.

It's so hot! And it happened so suddenly, my body doesn't know what to think. I'm not looking forward to my daily workout :p And the heat makes me feel lazy :rolleyes: I don't know about you but I can't wait to be rid of my fat suit next summer. Then I'll say: bring on the heat, because I can go out in shorts or summer dresses and bare my legs and arms :)

How are you all doing today? How hot is it in your corner of the UK?

welcome chunkey and book worm! so exciting to have new members.
It is hotter than hot here in London today. Loving the sun, the heat not so much, but I think having the sun will be enough!
Got my washing sorted and all hung out, for the new people I work from home in my "regular job" and am a p/t CDC

My main objective is to look nice on a cruise I am taking in Aug to the Baltics (short term goal) and just be healthier.

Did anyone read the news on that study for diabetes? That a very low calorie diet for 2 months can get people off their medicines pretty immediately. xx

welcome chunkey and book worm! so exciting to have new members.
It is hotter than hot here in London today. Loving the sun, the heat not so much, but I think having the sun will be enough!
Got my washing sorted and all hung out, for the new people I work from home in my "regular job" and am a p/t CDC

My main objective is to look nice on a cruise I am taking in Aug to the Baltics (short term goal) and just be healthier.

Did anyone read the news on that study for diabetes? That a very low calorie diet for 2 months can get people off their medicines pretty immediately. xx

Yes I read that! Hopefully, it will help 1000s of diabetics and show to people that a medically balanced VLCD is not the work of the devil :)

A friend of mine lives near London and she is baking as well. It's not as hot here now as the clouds are back. I'd rather have cooler temperatures but sunny weather but eh oh, I'm not God... :)

weigh-in: 2lb loss :(, according to my scales yesterday it was 3lb!, drank plenty of water yesterday & stuck to SS+, all week l had either been SS or SS+, it's been totm for me, but still hoped for more than 2lb loss for 2nd week of restart. :confused: I'm not disheartened though, l've let that happen before & it put me off, so l'm still focused and determined. Really going to make sure l drink plenty of water this week.

No matter what the scales say l am going to stay on track. As long as l stick to diet by end of Sept (date fo charity ball) the weight will have come off, there's no way it can't on this low level of calories.
So glad my CDC is supportive and encouraging and we have a laugh too. :)

Hi everyone, its really hot here as well.

Well done on the loss Disney 2 lbs is ok, especially if its totm.

quizz I heard about that report of vlcd and diabetes, its interesting and proves that vlcd aren't as bad as som people try and make out.

Hey hello from sticky Norfolk too. It's been horribly hot here too. My car told me it was 31 degrees in the sun, and 49 degrees in my car!! Thank heavens for car air con :)

My day 9 today, I had a bit of a wobble. Not badly, I had my 3 Cambridge Diets but I couldn't resist some low fat cottage cheese and watercress. I guess It's like a SS+ day so I'm hoping it won't do much harm.

I see my CDC on Wednesday eve for my first weigh in with him. I'm glad he's back because I only have porridge left. I don't like hot things really, so I'm going to struggle without cold shakes and tetras. Roll on Wednesday night.

Do you think we'll all feel less hot in the sun after losing weight? I do hope so :)

Tazzy, you're very good when you cheat! In fact it's not really cheating :)

I'm sure we'll be less hot without our fat suit insulating us. We will also be colder in winter but we can compensate with gorgeous winter coats :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I forgot to add *hug* for Disney... two pounds is still two pounds. I bet with TOTM it means you'll get a bigger loss next week. Hang in there and keep at it xxx

Do you think we'll all feel less hot in the sun after losing weight? I do hope so :)

In Florida last summer, when l was near my target weight/BMI under 25 l found the heat bearable, enough though it was very, very hot. I coped with the heat much better than l did when l was overweight.

Did you measure yourself

Yes. Measurements were the same.

Stepped on my scales at home tonight & weight is down a lb from this morning, usually at night it's more.

Tazzy you are good when you "cheat" if only I could be like that!!!

It's been hot again here today, it's unbearable in school, as there is so much glass, seems to make it hotter. The pupils are allowed to take their blazers and ties off, but it doesn't make much difference.
But on the plus side I'm drinking lots of water.

Hope everyone has had a good day

Evening all :) I hope you guys were all blessed with the thunderstorms we had here today. Spectacular lightning displays, and the temperature is much more bearable now.

I survived day 10, even ate my hot porridge without complaining too much. Drank loads of water, but decided to have cottage cheese and spinach leaves for dinner tonight. So another SS+ day. But maybe that might be the way forward for this week... my house-mate is off work this week so he is eating home cooked food. I'll talk to CDC tomorrow eve.

How has everyone else's day gone?

Tanya

Back