From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

The Rover (or is it Rambler?) Returns.

7 miles today, although it was rather slow going. & miles in 4.5+ hours is a little sedate for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in tearing up the country, and missing everything, but I ask you what time is 11.39 to have your lunch? - bear in mind I eat at 1pm everyday.
What time is 11:39 to have your lunch? Why its 11:39 or course!! :D
Anyway, the weather improved and the overcast conditions cleared. A spot of rain was felt at the end of the walk and so into the pub we headed.

Right, why is the UK so damn expensive for coffee, and why do we not get free refills? - oh and just to get it all off my chest, no wonder people drink drive when soft drinks (syrup and not proper bottles or cans) cost almost as much as lager/beer. oh and why do pubs not know the difference between diet Coke and diet Pepsi?

Rant over, I am turning into my dad!:eek:
We all turn into our parents at some point.......you have just it a bit earlier than most folk :D:D
Decided it was better to sit outside in the sun rather than spend my life savings inside. It was a very pleasant and sunny afternoon in Yorkshire, a great end to the day.

The walk, whilst rather sedate, did have a couple of steep hills which spread the field out a little. After my blistered feet of a week or two back, 7 miles was not a problem and I managed it unscathed.

I even got the food right today (you reading this Dawn??_

Breakfast was Summer fruits, and strawberry muller light with a capuccino (2.5sysn)

Lunch was HEX B wholemeal with cheese (HEXA) & onion sandwich, I also added apple, banana and some small plums to the mix. Oh and a tasty sliced chicken - originally for energy, but shared with a lovely black labrador who took a shine to me, are rather my chicken lol. I added a whopping 5.5syns for some Walker Lights - not forgetting the 1syn for the spread on the sandwich (they all count, apparently...)

Being a simple man (steady) with simple tastes, SW-style Fish & chips seemed as god a way as any to end the weekend. poached cod (no batter) mushy peas and Actifried chips (I synned the extra virgin olive oil - 3 syns for half a spoon) - I even added a cheeky side salad just for devilment, decadency & display. (3d - yes!!). Oh and 1syn for 25ml good for you dressing.

13 syns - I make that.

Free drinks (well quite expensive actually) were diet coke & black coffee. As well as my own diet coke I took with me.

Body magic 7 miles

Muggings by cute dogs for my chicken = 1

Already got tomorrow's food prepared and counted so know in advance that's another 100%:p

Bumped head = twice!! (don't ask) Drop or two of whisky in your diet pepsi perchance???????

Fell down = 0, but several near-misses. My balance was a little off" today:eek:
I'm still trying to find suitable words for the disparaging remarks you have made against 'my boys'. You have definitely got a WKD side ;)

Today I decided to experiment a little. I started the day with syns! (hardcore)

28g (I weight them but stopped short of counting 'em) Cornflakes 5 syns and some milk from HEXA allowance.

Lunch was HEXB bread, 1syn for spread, 4syns for corned beef - I doubled the slice dosage and added onion for comedy effect. Usual fruit back up apple, banana and several small plums.

Greek salad saw the remainig HEXA (feta cheese 42g) with the usual mixed peppers, quartered tomatoes and chopped cucumber. To fill this out I finished off the last of my "normal" salad and added prawn (can't beed a bit of seafood on an original day). Oh and added 1syn dressing - Good For You Italian style (8cal for 20ml = 20cal for 50ml or 1 syn - 50ml is the capacity of my eggcups as it happens - very convenient lol).

So I made that 11 syns.

Will now finish off with a Strawberry Muller light and a nice cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea (at suppertime, cos I'm a real rebel). Much as I love black coffee, I cannot have black tea, so will use the remais of my decanted 250ml s/skimmed milk

(not sure if I'm thorough, obsessed or sad.... please vote here).

Sadly no body magic today as it rained heavily at work right on lunchtme. I don't mind the rain (some of my best friends are drips;) - evening Dawn, by the way:p) but being drenched at work in an office environment is different to the home.

Another 100% day. Though it is high time I started cooking and expanding my basic diet. The idea was to keep it simple and get back on track first.

No bumped head today (hurrah)

Predicted weight loss 2.7 ounces (net):D

Tomorrow should be interesting with no salad in:eek: - I'll have to get creative though a chicken casserole is staring to look good - plenty of veggie action:cool:

Means I get a midweek jaunt to Asda too! (easy pleased or what?)

Steve.

By the way Lou, I might have a WKD side but it ain't blue!

maximus said:
(not sure if I'm thorough, obsessed or sad.... please vote here).
Can't decided between obsessed or sad.... so I'll settle on sad!

Good choice on staying dry at work. Nothing worse than dripping on your computer all afternoon!

Today I am frazzled!

What is it with Virgin Media and Minimins ? - I blame Richard Branson (and Chelsea Lou, probably)

Today I reverted back to 2x Weetabix and decided to "risk" extra easy (lazy beggar that I am). SO that was the HEX A & B gone before 7am!

Lunch was 6syns of wholemeal & 4syns corned beef (with mustard, English of course for real men!) oh and the 1syn for the Flora Lighter-than-light spread.

Apple, banana & plums (again) but added some carrot sticks and crab sticks for colour, flavour and crunch - (the "real" CFC Lou:p) (all free)

I made a chicken casserole to use my remaining chicken breasts, with plenty of carrot, swede, leek, onion and mushroom. I boiled a few potatoes to add to this lovely winter warmer plenty of superfree in there, and sufficient remaining for tomorrow too.

A cup of tea and a Muller Light this evening. Keeping me 100%

11 syns in total and 1.5 mile body magic walk at lunch, this time getting caught in the rain and you'll be horrified to know dripping at my desk Bev!

I like to think I'm back on track!

Predicted weight loss = 3.4lb gain!! ( a good 6oz loss sabotaged by the vending machine giving me a white coffee with sugar when I pressed black without! - YES DAWN I'M STILL BOTHERED BY IT!

Must have been 300 syns and 4lb in that lol (I suspect Dawn sabotaged it and bribed the vending machine guy):p

Just because i voed to be lighter than you Dawn (and to think 2 weeks ago I was!!!

Maybe it's my frazzledness, that's catching!

Certainly it's been a bad day down here, if that's any consolation?

Hey Steve,

Gotta let the whole vending machine episode go hunni! It's done now...maybe take a flask tomorrow! :)

Hmmn...not sure how much longer I'm gona weigh lighter than you sweetie xx :eek:

I posted this pic of velvet crunch for someone else a few weeks ago...try em! :D

Attachments

• velvet crunch.jpg
    velvet crunch.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Today I am frazzled!

What is it with Virgin Media and Minimins ? - I blame Richard Branson (and Chelsea Lou, probably)
You just can't get a reliable Virgin these days can you?
Today I reverted back to 2x Weetabix and decided to "risk" extra easy (lazy beggar that I am). SO that was the HEX A & B gone before 7am!

Lunch was 6syns of wholemeal & 4syns corned beef (with mustard, English of course for real men!) oh and the 1syn for the Flora Lighter-than-light spread.

Apple, banana & plums (again) but added some carrot sticks and crab sticks for colour, flavour and crunch - (the "real" CFC Lou:p) (all free)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm and there was me thinking Celtic were the real CFC :confused:
I made a chicken casserole to use my remaining chicken breasts, with plenty of carrot, swede, leek, onion and mushroom. I boiled a few potatoes to add to this lovely winter warmer plenty of superfree in there, and sufficient remaining for tomorrow too.

A cup of tea and a Muller Light this evening. Keeping me 100%

11 syns in total and 1.5 mile body magic walk at lunch, this time getting caught in the rain and you'll be horrified to know dripping at my desk Bev!

I like to think I'm back on track!

Predicted weight loss = 3.4lb gain!! ( a good 6oz loss sabotaged by the vending machine giving me a white coffee with sugar when I pressed black without! - YES DAWN I'M STILL BOTHERED BY IT!

Must have been 300 syns and 4lb in that lol (I suspect Dawn sabotaged it and bribed the vending machine guy):p

Just because i voed to be lighter than you Dawn (and to think 2 weeks ago I was!!!
Dawn.....the plan is working :D

Hiya Steve,
Do you use the English Mustard Powder?
If not, mustard needs to be synned at 1/2 syn per teaspoon;)

Hey Steve,

Gotta let the whole vending machine episode go hunni! It's done now...maybe take a flask tomorrow! :)

Hmmn...not sure how much longer I'm gona weigh lighter than you sweetie xx :eek:

I posted this pic of velvet crunch for someone else a few weeks ago...try em! :D

I can't let it go! - I'm so furious with myself for not just binning it - 15p i sold my soul for - normally it's for a fish & chips or dubious woman;)

Dawn.....the plan is working :D

I knew it!

Hiya Steve,
Do you use the English Mustard Powder?
If not, mustard needs to be synned at 1/2 syn per teaspoon;)

Aw no! obesity beckons!

Jackie I'm 100% ok. that's 100% sabotaged and messed up!

Without realising it my syns are all over the place;)

Well, it's a week since I got the news of the 8.5lb gain! - a week where I can tell through complex mathematical equations (using my admittedly advance male brain) I have lost in the region of 2.7oz per day + or - 15%.;)

It has been by and large ( i used to work with a girl who was bi & large - but that's a different story/topic) a good week and almost 10% apart from the odd lapse and mino miscalculation.

Today I started the day with a couple of dippy eggs (soft boiled to the non-geordies) with toasted soldiers & 1syn spread +2.5 for the usual capuccino (Tassimo 50cal) - the remainder of the hex B was ryvita & Dairylea light (HEXA) for lunch.

A late lunch, after the shopping, was a chicken! - I couldn't be bothered to make a salad and went for the pure protein blast and destroyed the chicken and its best bits (young birds are meant to be ravished right Dawn, Lorrayne? - I'm sure you can remember back...)

Having had enought protein to march 100 mile, I took advantage of my half day and did the usual 5.3 mile walk in sunny but windy conditions. A nice brisk pace ensued and I just about avoided getting wet as the brief shower never turned into a deluge.

I certainly walked off the protein-fuelled chicken fest:cool: I then realised I had only had abut 3.5 syns so added some snacks I ordered from graze | healthy snacks by post | get nature delivered - they were a 130cal mix of cheese cachews, salsa corn sticks and herb crackers - 6.5 syns worth.

I finished off my chicken casserole from yesterday with a few boiled potatoes (chicken twice in one day:eek: - that's fowl:eek: groan!)

Oh and I had fruit for elevenses at work predictably apple, banana and plums.

I will add the Muller Light shortly.

I also picked up a slow cooker. Not sure what to do with it. Might try diet coke gammon as picked up a joint of topside, a joint of gammon and a chicken - I've been assured this diet coke slow cooking is very nice!

Syns for today 10
body magic 5.3 miles walk
sabotaged 0 times (unless Dawn was spiking my sweetners).

Managed most I wanted today but for the car valet - that will be Saturday's chore.

Best news today was a phone call from the lovely Michelle - Mini Mum who has been away and off-plan but will be back among us and posting tonight after WI. Hopefully it will not be as bad as feared and we're all here to welcome 'Shell back to the fold:D

Welcome back chick!

Oh and my NSV for today, I bought some cheapo shirts for work and can now wear the smallest adult size shirts (14.5in collar) woo hoo! - any smaller would be kiddies sizes.

Still thinking of my next challenge.

Might make it something to do with Florida and make it outragous!

Bloomin' hell Steve, don't lose too much more!
14.5" collar shirts were too big for my hubby when he sank to only 8.5 stones before being diagnosed with Coeliac and he is 5' 11", and he looked like the walking dead:eek:

:8855:
Trust me sweetie......I can't even give it away these days :cry:
Not for the lack of trying though eh Loulou;):p

Haha you've built up this rep for yourself now .

I swear even Dirty Dawn blushes at times:eek::cool:
Bloomin' hell Steve, don't lose too much more!
14.5" collar shirts were too big for my hubby when he sank to only 8.5 stones before being diagnosed with Coeliac and he is 5' 11", and he looked like the walking dead:eek:

Thanks for the concern and wise words Lynne.

I have got a tiny frame though really (ok for the benefit of Dawnie matches my brain etc.)

If i'd have been a girlie, I'd have been described as "petite" - I am very much at the high end of target range and believe me despite my fantastic act of showing otherwise I'm not actually stupid! - daft aye but stupid no!

Besides, I can't actually go much smaller - just need to lose some excess and trim/tighten/tone etc.

Maybe I will really tell the difference when I go to this years family christmas party and the old cameras and video cameras come out. Then hopefully I will really tell the difference and might start relaxing and be happy with my loss. At present though I still sdon't see it - probably won't until I'm happy the belly is as flat as can be.:)

Might stop me having these large gains too:eek:

Steve - I know Lynne is concerned but I'm not that worried. I know you're daft!!! but as you say, not stupid.

My hubby is 5' 8" tall with a very small frame and weighs in at a whopping 65 kgs (143 lbs - 10 st 3). He only takes a 14½ collar too or 15 in fitted shirts because he has to get them over his beer belly - and yes he does have one even at his weight!

BUT - get some more photos taken now and have a jolly good look at them and see for yourself that you are looking good. On the ones taken in Florida earlier in the year you looked GREAT!

Back