From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Hey Hunnies! I'm home :D

Well, I tell you what, forget the full size pool table, the sun, the heat, the air-football - hell even the 22ft swimming pool. a villas rubbish without wifi:eek::eek:

That possibly says more about me than anything else:p

Now then Lou, Does that mean you're not interested in my "cheer-you-up-visit" I had planned?;) - you sound just like my old man! - he has also lost his smile and forgotten how to have fun and be a kid too.

Florida is all things to all people. I spent time at both Disney (visited the 4 main parks) and 3 day at the Universal parks as I'd never been before. Harry Potter mania swept the world and only a non-believing muggle would not love to experience The Forbidden Journey:p

There are superb beaches to visit on 2 coasts, then there is the Miami visit to see the homes of the rich and famous (if that's what floats your boat or yacht). There are many premium shopping malls, designer outlets to die for, apparently. Some of the best fishing in the world sees UK anglers chartering boats and shark/marlin or tuna fishing for "monster fishes".

Then there's the world-class golf facilities I stayed near a course designed by Greg Norman. There are many other recreational (quiet) parks to relax away from the crowds.

Then there is NASA's Kennedy Space Centre, you know the place the Americans love as they celebrate that event in 1969 when they pretended to land on the moon (even though we all know it was faked and not possible).

Personally, I like the wildlife and nature, I found out Florida has more species of wildlife than any other US State.

I like Clearwater beach - I also love Silver Springs National Park - They filmed Tarzan, and various other stuff there.

I love the Town of Celebration. Such a peaceful place where you can sit around the lake in a rocking chair! a place very Stepford-wives-esque, white pickett fences, gingham curtains, perfect lawns etc. They even have snow fall from the lampposts in November and December!!

balloons, bi-planes, helicopters, racing cars, can all be hired, and you can even shoot guns and weapons of all shapes and sizes at designated ranges.

That's why I go in May or September/October when it is quiet as the parks are bedlam in June-August and again at Xmas.

Some people come here and sunbathe for 14 days:eek: - others take in a ball game (NFL, Basketball, Baseball etc.)

Basically to think Florida is all about Disney is a big mistake, to forget/ignore the theme parks altogether is also a mistake.

Did I mention world-class International Cuisine? it isn't all cheeseburgers and fries (despite my dad's best efforts!!!) The biggest problem with Florida is having to fit it all into 14 days - or deciding what to miss out! - that's part of the reason for two trips this year and why i'm considering a four week trip next year (save on flights as they are the most expensive element). I won't be doing Disney next time though;) so there's more time and dollars freed up.

Mind you, at the current way things are back home it might be Blackpool next year! :8855:

Seriously though ladies, and I'm sure Lynne or Gail will testify, Florida is truly great and not just one big theme park.

Feel free to recommend me somewhere as good, cheap, safe, developed etc.

S:cool:

Hey Hunnies! I'm home :D . . .

Welcome back [STRIKE]Spaced out, Sabre-toothed, Submissive, Convict[/STRIKE] Steve

Sounds like you had a good time and have arrived back in the nether regions of the North safe & sound.

Now this all depends on your perspective! I can probably manage to find somewhere to fit the first 3 criteria - but as I always head for somewhere undeveloped then my recommendations would be worthless to you!

I don't mean out of the way places in Africa or India, but little backwaters in Spain or France where there are no tourists. Sailing the Greek islands and positively ignoring the touristy harbours - just anchoring in a quiet secluded bay and eating some BBQ'd freshly caught fish on the beach! With fantastic home made mezes (Sarah & Dawn would like those).

Now that's my idea of heaven! :D

Been anywhere near the scales yet?

Hope you get your body clock back in order soon. Have a nice day y'all.

No, not back home yet, when I say home I meant back online. A new wireless router was purchased. They hadn't prepared for super surfer here bwing way too awesomeand hardcore for a mere wireless modem;)

No this is the last night and I'm more than ready for home. The relative calm and serenity of County Durham and its chilly easterly winds whipping in off the North Sea.

As my dear old mum always said, it's nice to go away but its great to get back:cool:

So, I think I fly tomorrow at 5.30pm (22.30 UK time) arriving in Manchester approx 9.30am Friday. I will have been awake about a million hours by then! Imperative I get some sleep on the plane - oh and no booze;)

When I met Rebecca & party the other night, I had 3 pints! I forgot they were drinkers lol.

In answer to your question Bev, yes, I weighed this evening beofe one last all-you-can-binge fest and it wasn't pleasant reading. It showed 168lb by my calculation 12st exactly:eek::eek: BEFORE the binge.

Bear in mind 11st 1lb is my upper limit, thats 13lb+ tonights damage to get off. Having done little walking compared to normal, I feel much heavier, very lethargic and to be honest, I will be delighted with anywhere near 14lb to lose.

The more asture will see I reset my target to 10st 5lb - in order to reach the magic 100lb loss (5st with SW and a new shiny)

The theory is a couple of weeks back on salad and chicken - combined with my walking and gym work should see me back to where I want to be.

I'm sure you'll all keep me motivated and focussed.

Steve.

Hey Hunnies! I'm home :D

Well, I tell you what, forget the full size pool table, the sun, the heat, the air-football - hell even the 22ft swimming pool. a villas rubbish without wifi:eek::eek:

That possibly says more about me than anything else:p

Now then Lou, Does that mean you're not interested in my "cheer-you-up-visit" I had planned?;) - you sound just like my old man! - he has also lost his smile and forgotten how to have fun and be a kid too.

Florida is all things to all people. I spent time at both Disney (visited the 4 main parks) and 3 day at the Universal parks as I'd never been before. Harry Potter mania swept the world and only a non-believing muggle would not love to experience The Forbidden Journey:p

There are superb beaches to visit on 2 coasts, then there is the Miami visit to see the homes of the rich and famous (if that's what floats your boat or yacht). There are many premium shopping malls, designer outlets to die for, apparently. Some of the best fishing in the world sees UK anglers chartering boats and shark/marlin or tuna fishing for "monster fishes".

Then there's the world-class golf facilities I stayed near a course designed by Greg Norman. There are many other recreational (quiet) parks to relax away from the crowds.

Then there is NASA's Kennedy Space Centre, you know the place the Americans love as they celebrate that event in 1969 when they pretended to land on the moon (even though we all know it was faked and not possible).

Personally, I like the wildlife and nature, I found out Florida has more species of wildlife than any other US State.

I like Clearwater beach - I also love Silver Springs National Park - They filmed Tarzan, and various other stuff there.

I love the Town of Celebration. Such a peaceful place where you can sit around the lake in a rocking chair! a place very Stepford-wives-esque, white pickett fences, gingham curtains, perfect lawns etc. They even have snow fall from the lampposts in November and December!!

balloons, bi-planes, helicopters, racing cars, can all be hired, and you can even shoot guns and weapons of all shapes and sizes at designated ranges.

That's why I go in May or September/October when it is quiet as the parks are bedlam in June-August and again at Xmas.

Some people come here and sunbathe for 14 days:eek: - others take in a ball game (NFL, Basketball, Baseball etc.)

Basically to think Florida is all about Disney is a big mistake, to forget/ignore the theme parks altogether is also a mistake.

Did I mention world-class International Cuisine? it isn't all cheeseburgers and fries (despite my dad's best efforts!!!) The biggest problem with Florida is having to fit it all into 14 days - or deciding what to miss out! - that's part of the reason for two trips this year and why i'm considering a four week trip next year (save on flights as they are the most expensive element). I won't be doing Disney next time though;) so there's more time and dollars freed up.

Mind you, at the current way things are back home it might be Blackpool next year! :8855:

Seriously though ladies, and I'm sure Lynne or Gail will testify, Florida is truly great and not just one big theme park.

Nah...........still don't fancy it :p

No, not back home yet, when I say home I meant back online. A new wireless router was purchased. They hadn't prepared for super surfer here bwing way too awesomeand hardcore for a mere wireless modem;)

No this is the last night and I'm more than ready for home. The relative calm and serenity of County Durham and its chilly easterly winds whipping in off the North Sea.

As my dear old mum always said, it's nice to go away but its great to get back:cool:

So, I think I fly tomorrow at 5.30pm (22.30 UK time) arriving in Manchester approx 9.30am Friday. I will have been awake about a million hours by then! Imperative I get some sleep on the plane - oh and no booze;)

When I met Rebecca & party the other night, I had 3 pints! I forgot they were drinkers lol.

In answer to your question Bev, yes, I weighed this evening beofe one last all-you-can-binge fest and it wasn't pleasant reading. It showed 168lb by my calculation 12st exactly:eek::eek: BEFORE the binge.

Bear in mind 11st 1lb is my upper limit, thats 13lb+ tonights damage to get off. Having done little walking compared to normal, I feel much heavier, very lethargic and to be honest, I will be delighted with anywhere near 14lb to lose.

The more asture will see I reset my target to 10st 5lb - in order to reach the magic 100lb loss (5st with SW and a new shiny)

The theory is a couple of weeks back on salad and chicken - combined with my walking and gym work should see me back to where I want to be.

I'm sure you'll all keep me motivated and focussed.

Steve.
Oh don't you worry about that.........we'll keep you motivated and focussed alright ;) Sunny Bus needs the diet/fitness guru..... :D

How very dare you??? Are you insinuating that I am a miserable cow?????? :cry:I know how to have childish fun..........snowball fights, running through heaps of leaves and scattering them far and wide after some poor s*d has spent hours sweeping them into a lovely pile. Going as high as I can on a swing, water pistol fights, pinging rubber bands at people, dancing round like a loony to "yoof music"......I can do all that and more.........what I can't do is theme parks - stress fracture of the lower spine is one reason....prohibits me from doing anything more energetic than mind the bags lol. The other reason is that they just don't do anything for me :D

Now for more interesting matters. This cheer me up visit........does it involve Stamford Bridge?????? :D:D

Nah...........still don't fancy it :p

Yeah,well I supposed all these bronzed, adonis, hunky, filthy-rich Americans with their fat wallets and several homesand vehicles are not to everyone's taste Lou;)

Oh don't you worry about that.........we'll keep you motivated and focussed alright ;) Sunny Bus needs the diet/fitness guru..... :D

How very dare you??? Are you insinuating that I am a miserable cow?????? :cry:I know how to have childish fun..........snowball fights, running through heaps of leaves and scattering them far and wide after some poor s*d has spent hours sweeping them into a lovely pile. Going as high as I can on a swing, water pistol fights, pinging rubber bands at people, dancing round like a loony to "yoof music"......I can do all that and more.........what I can't do is theme parks - stress fracture of the lower spine is one reason....prohibits me from doing anything more energetic than mind the bags lol. The other reason is that they just don't do anything for me :D

Yeah that's all well and good LouLou, but do you do any of the above naked with with dangly earrings and a rose between your teeth (or perhaps being a Chelsea fan a stick of celery)?

You sound quite annoying and immature! Refusing to group. I hope you have the great ability to embarrass your kids:8855:

Anyway, just finished packing and now winding down as got to be outta here by 11 (45 minutes) and head back towards Sanford Airport and return Hire care and possibly eat! Nt touched a thing today. Still recovering from the past two weeks! I suppose I will have to find some sort of brunch.

Wow this time tomorrow I should be in the salad section in my local Asda! can't come soon enough!

Still haven't made my usual "outrageous holiday purchase" although some dude was selling Ipads for $249 on international Drive (less than £170!!) Ipad original, not the ipad 2, but still cheap!

Steve

Now for more interesting matters. This cheer me up visit........does it involve Stamford Bridge?????? :D:D

I might be there in January! Chelsea still ripping us poor Norverners off for for £50 to get in? on top of £48 for the coach down that's £98 without a single drink or bite to eat. I love the Premier League me!!! NOT!!!!:mad:

I might be there in January! Chelsea still ripping us poor Norverners off for for £50 to get in? on top of £48 for the coach down that's £98 without a single drink or bite to eat. I love the Premier League me!!! NOT!!!!:mad:
Steve, Chelsea sell home tickets to the home fans (members) for the same price, so you are not being ripped off.........well maybe a £1 or 2, so you buy the tickets ;) and I'll shout you lunch and a beer or several :D

Ok, at last I'm home. It is bloody freezing! heating on full belt:eek:

Managed to almost get ripped-off with the car hire bill, but got £50/$80 off after standing my ground.

Then a delay of almost 1 hour.

Then on landing at Manchester, another plane reported a potential problem which scattered fire engines everywhere- meaning further delays stuck on the tarmac.

Fortunately, it was precautionary. Then my iphone would not latch back on to my UK Network (Vodaphone) and the drive home from Manchester was done on adrenalin lol.

I have had my mini-sim replaced (iphone 4) and all well again.....and breathe!

All part of the holiday game - can't wait to book for next years!

HaHa - yeah, and they reckon us Southerners are softies lol
Erm, I think you'll find the phrase I favour** is soft shandy-drinking bed-wetting southern Chelsea rentboy:eek::eek:

** I have to confess that was fairly typical terrace "banter" in the 80s. I grew up and matured into a fine upstanding pillock of society.:cool:

Maximus said:
Erm, I think you'll find the phrase I favour** is soft shandy-drinking bed-wetting southern Chelsea rentboy:eek::eek:

** I have to confess that was fairly typical terrace "banter" in the 80s. I grew up and matured into a fine upstanding pillock of society.:cool:

Mmmm
I've not drunk shandy since the age of 13 or 14, think I last wet the bed at 10 but that's another story and as for Chelsea if reffering to those overpaid netball girls....forget it, if you're referring to that part of town, erm nah, I'm working class!! lol

Welcome home (again!) although I expect you are tucked up in bed now suffering from jet lag.

Have a great weekend and don't let these namby pamby southerners put you down.

They can leave that to us Northern lasses!

Back