From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Welcome home suntanned Steve!

Hope you've got lots of pics to show us! I have to say the villa looked totally amazing, especially the pool...almost makes me want to jump on a plane and see it for myself...but not quite ;)

Now you catch up on your beauty sleep sweetie...you must be shattered xx

After forcing myself to stay awake I can't sleep now!

I actually took very few pics. I took camera and big lens but hated taking it out with me (lazy, I know) I'm actually looking for a new camera (any gadgetry excuse I suppose) a small camera with a decent zoom lens but one that fits in a bumbag for easy carrying.

I have loads if cameras but they don't see the light of day as either too big, bulky or heavy:eek:

Besides, I still don't even know how to put photos on here!!

Does anyone know how to transfer to here direct from iPhone- it must be possible!

Steve

I bet Gail or Sarah will know.

I've got an android mob, HTC wild fire, so I'm not much use to you I'm afraid :(

Press 'reply to thread' in top right hand corner. Then click the '+' button next to the send button in the top right corner. Then it gives you options to add from camera etc. Easy peasy (although I've never done it myself !!!!)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done sis!

I knew you'd come to the rescue! Xx

image-1048210002.jpg

Jacksonville, Florida. A bit warmer than the Sunderland Stadium of Light!!

Edit: - wow it worked!

I can inflict all sorts of rubbish onto you now lol

Press 'reply to thread' in top right hand corner. Then click the '+' button next to the send button in the top right corner. Then it gives you options to add from camera etc. Easy peasy (although I've never done it myself !!!!)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

If you've never used or done that, how on earth did you find it out?

If only blokes were programmed to read instruction and manuals, eh?;)

Thanks again Gailster!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

If you've never used or done that, how on earth did you find it out?

If only blokes were programmed to read instruction and manuals, eh?;)

Thanks again Gailster!

I'm going to have to try it this way, as I always use Photobucket to upload a photo :confused:

It works fine Lynne as you can see from my post(s).

It means my iphone would have to be used as the main camera. Ok-ish I suppose. but not the most creative of my cameras, though handy.

I also hate having to go through the whole photobucket or similar to reduce file sizes etc.

That's probably why I don't bother posting pics to be honest. It is very iphone/smartphone-friendly though to be fair.

Now I know why the photos I post are huge, and everyone elses are thumbnails or little piccies....I think:confused:

Sad though it is, I had great fun finding piccies and uploading them yesterday for my inspirational photos post :8855:

Sorry for all these random posts. As I got back from holiday, you know what it is like, all the mails, posts, messages, texts etc. to go through.

One of my fellow ramblers has issued a challenge (I just cannot resist those!!) she's just bought a mountain bike and plans to use it on the weekends we're NOT rambling.

Looks like another string to the exercise bow. It will be great in the summer and light nights.

Great to target those "problem areas" as I call them, i.e. the area between knees and chest - pedal power should help:cool:

Now I know why the photos I post are huge, and everyone elses are thumbnails or little piccies....I think:confused:

Sad though it is, I had great fun finding piccies and uploading them yesterday for my inspirational photos post :8855:

I should have added that two of the piccies are from your favourite place!;)

I should have added that two of the piccies are from your favourite place!;)
Ooh I better check them out then.

Though how you got pictures of Drew Barrymore's changing room I'll never know ;) (I cleaned that one up a bit).

So folks, today I was 100% - hardly an achievement, but it somehow feels like beginning a whole new journey again.

syns were
2.5 capuccino (Tassimo 48cals)
1 for good for you salad dressing 20cals for 50ml (I actually had less)
3 for corned beef
3 for spread
1 for mustard

(remarkably, I fancied corned beef sandwiches for evening meal - must have hankered for something "English"

Total 10.5 syns (probably less as I always say 1 syn per slice of bread even though Flora Lighter-Than-Light is a lot less.

Hex A 1 was 250 ml semi skimmed milk
Hex A 2 was 42g of low fat mature cheese

Hex B 1 was 2x Weetabix
Hex B 2 was 3x W/W Danish light

today was a red day, so the ham (lean) being free as were the boiled egg and assorted salad.

Snacks were carrot sticks

All drinks out of allowance (milk) and sweeteners.

1x Mueller Light (strawberry)
1x apple
1x banana

I also confirmed not only a ramblers trip next Sunday, but a local walk next Saturday to help out a mate who is organising one (6 mile as a stretch for the Sunday) Sunday being 10.5 miles from Slapeworth to Staithes (nr Whitby) walking part of the Cleveland Way apparently.

I predict it to be slightly cooler than Florida, but probably a whole lot prettier;)

Those 2 days along with the gym on Thursday night after work and a 100% week should in theory see me off to a great start trying to get me back on track;)

If not, then I'll have to try even harder the next week:8855:

View attachment 19956

This is a house of ill repute! Avoid at all cost!!

Now that is VERY cruel................................... :mad:

Ooh I better check them out then.

Though how you got pictures of Drew Barrymore's changing room I'll never know ;) (I cleaned that one up a bit).

So folks, today I was 100% - hardly an achievement, but it somehow feels like beginning a whole new journey again.

Those 2 days along with the gym on Thursday night after work and a 100% week should in theory see me off to a great start trying to get me back on track;)

If not, then I'll have to try even harder the next week:8855:

Well done. That was pretty quick getting back on track. I have faith in you whatever the gain. When will you know the full extent of the gain - do you have scales at home or only at group ??

Gail x

That was especially for you Gail! actually I renamed Universal Gail's Place as Cinnabons dominate Islands of Adventure lol.

I do have scales at home, but never use them (except for weighing suitcases before holiday) but I used some scales in the villa on a nice flat surface and they showed 168lb - exactly 12st. I was gutted about that. I know it can come off, but I sort of made a pledge to myself NEVER to get into the 12s again. I guess in 48 hours (Wednesday 7pm) I will see the damage in black and white:(
On the plus side, I will have been 100% for 5 days by then. Hopefully it gets me under 12st but I have my doubts. Not sure how accurate those scales were of course.

I've amended a few things, fresh fruit is going to be high priority. Going to stop purchasing crisps etc. though I have a few snack-a-jacks in the cupboard. I will stock up on HIFI Bars on Wednesday and just to seal my commitment will purchase a countdown. Whether I like it or not, not attending class/group is detrimental to my wellbeing. I guess I'm not as strong as I had hoped and the ability to fall off the wagon will always be there.

I miss my group as they are so supportive and positive towards me. This may well be my punishment for deserting them once I thought I had "made it"

Anyway, I'm all over the place at present as delayed jetlag has bitten me! fortunately, irrespective of body clock and/or sleep patterns, food is being taken in the correct manner. Indeed I am filling up on juicy bits of melon whilst calculating my syns for today and planning next week's menu:cool:

Ordered a new camera:eek: I needed one for specific purpose and finished up with a Fujifilm Finepix T200 - I have a collection of cameras and lenses, but I needed something lightweight, slip into a pocket, decent resolution (14mp) and a good optical zoom (10x) this will easily it into the bum-bag as I was in danger of becoming the dude with all the cameras and no photos! as nobody likes to be walking around with a fully camera kit around their neck.

Can you tell I came back with loads of spending money;)

Need a HD Camcorder next;)

Damn you with your taunting photos of loveliness!!! Warm weather, sun, an NFL game and a Cinnabon!!!! Noooo!!!!!

On the plus side, if you still have some jet-lag and find yourself awake at 1.05 AM, Channel 4 are showing American Football Live - Atlanta Falcons v Green Bay Packers.

And if you've REALLY got the bug, you could probably still get tickets for the NFL game in Wembley (23rd(?) October). :D

I think that I'm more surprised that you managed to clear customs with those yellow shorts!!!! pmsl! :D

Damn you with your taunting photos of loveliness!!! Warm weather, sun, an NFL game and a Cinnabon!!!! Noooo!!!!!

On the plus side, if you still have some jet-lag and find yourself awake at 1.05 AM, Channel 4 are showing American Football Live - Atlanta Falcons v Green Bay Packers.

And if you've REALLY got the bug, you could probably still get tickets for the NFL game in Wembley (23rd(?) October). :D

I think that I'm more surprised that you managed to clear customs with those yellow shorts!!!! pmsl! :D

Hey! Don't dis da shortz! - 'tis a sore point as I never found my yellow ones - flourescent green was quite dull in comparison!

NFL - well apparently I'm a Jaguars fan for life (according to the guys I sat with at the ball game) I think they're on the Monday Night Football either this week or next!

Wembley for a footy (proper) match yes, but not anything else.

Food today then

Cheese on toast for brekkie and carb fix.
(HEXA & HEX B) - (3 syns for spread)

Sunday lunch was 2x yorkies (5!! - must make my own and freeze them again) Gravy (2) potato chopped and roasted in frylight & sprinkled with herbs, chicken breast (sliced & fat removed etc. peas, carrots, parsnips & broccoli to fill plate with plenty of superfree.

Medley of melon and packet of carrot sticks to munch through afternoon (all gloriously free)

Then chicken & Ham salad, with the usual, carrot, cabbage, lettuce (Iceberg), cucumber, cherry tomatoes - with apple, banana for dessert

Probably have another Mueller Light later to fend off cravings etc.

2.5 syns for my morning capuccino
1.5 syns for good for you Caesar salad dressing (50ml)

I make that 14 syns probably less as I count 1syn per slice of WW bread - certainly less than 15, making that 100% in my book;)

Seemed to have eaten loads today, but as always in good ol' SW mostly free and within plan. I could teach them yanks a lot:p

Just heard Florida had almost 6in rain in 24 hours as it poured non-stop - the worst weather since the 50s and temperatures dropped to the 60s:eek: - looks like my timing was impeccable, for once!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Apparently I have an 8-week training course to look forward too beginning either tomorrow, or next monday. Won't find out until tomorrow. A chance to catch up on some sleep methinks;)

Steve

Back