From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

From where I'm standing, Steve (or rather, treading water), swimming truly does seem like a crackpot idea.

Maybe it wouldn't if I set myself a smaller target!

But come on - get into that pool, and join me in spirit.

Hi Steve!
I have an 8 week swimming plan if you would like :D

Good luck this week xx

I will eventually get in that water, promise!

From where I'm standing, Steve (or rather, treading water), swimming truly does seem like a crackpot idea.

Maybe it wouldn't if I set myself a smaller target!

But come on - get into that pool, and join me in spirit.

PMSL - I'd love to get in the pool - at present I am spreading myself too thin - not sure if thin is the correct phrase, but you know what I mean.

I just haven't got the time. Weekends are a blur especially as everything needs to be done in such a short window - on top of actually (supposedly) relaxing!

I guess it keeps me busy - I've no time to eat - let alone idly think of eating lol.

At this rate, my next swim will be in Florida on May 1st! - I can think of worse though to be honest:D

Hmmph!

Huffy pants is here again;)

Stayed the same lol. Those scales mocked me though. Before settling on 12st 00lb, they briefly flickered on 11st 13.5lb!!

I got rather excited. Perhaps if I remianed calm it might not have went back to 12st lol.

Shows how far I've come that I'm disappointed to remain at 12st though. I'm just so anxious to reach target before 1st May that I'm probably becoming unreasonable, or at least my expectations are.

Maintaining 12st is a damn fine achievement. Hopefully I'll realise this in the next few days.

Steve:p

Hmmph!

Huffy pants is here again;)

Stayed the same lol. Those scales mocked me though. Before settling on 12st 00lb, they briefly flickered on 11st 13.5lb!!

I got rather excited. Perhaps if I remianed calm it might not have went back to 12st lol.

Shows how far I've come that I'm disappointed to remain at 12st though. I'm just so anxious to reach target before 1st May that I'm probably becoming unreasonable, or at least my expectations are.

Maintaining 12st is a damn fine achievement. Hopefully I'll realise this in the next few days.

Steve:p

maintaining 12 stone is an awesome achievement, wth, since when did i become american Im from n ireland!!

Seriously though, i know how important it is to see the scales going down but as a 5 6" woman who cant get under 15 stone recently I just wanted to reiterate how well you have done and how much I want to see you get to target esp for your holidays. Without intruding, i would like to remind you how far youve come since your promise to yourself from your friends funeral. Already you are a success. already you are an inspiration, now this may be a title you are reluctant to take but please understand, imo, and im sure in many others its a title thats well deserved.

Please dont get disheartened, If 1 year ago you had told yourself you would be diasppointed to stay at 12 stone, would you have believed it?

Stay strong!!!!

Well said fayhamy. What a great post.

And well done Steve too. You are doing brilliantly and we are all really proud of you. You will get there and you will look amazing for your holiday :)

Gail x

Have you been swimming yet?

And staying the same is not always a bad thing! How I *wish* I stayed the same this week... I gained 5lbs! Wanna swap? :D

Thanks ladies. I know staying the same at 12st was actually a relief. Now 12st will be the mark. I will be might peed off if I go above it.

I'm truly not sure how I can get much below it. I stick to plan, exercise, drink lots of water etc. Other people say I am fine and don't need to lose anything, but they are just comparing me to before. I guess only a pewrson commited to slimming can understand the necessity to reach target or achieve "normal" BMI (whatever the fable "normal" is).

I also notice my height changes each week! - I am 5ft 6.5in but the site will only all me to input 5ft 6in or 5ft 7in. - this messes with my head lol.

Fayhamy, I think we're all turning American! Awesome is a much overused word these days. Actually I turned Irish on Paddy's day as colleagues brought in garb and suitable headwere for me to wear, knowing I'm game for anything lol.

edit: thanks for above post Fayhamy but system woul not allow me to hit the thank button on your post unlike the other two!

Well I suppose I have Irish blood in me (4th generation), My Great Grand-parents on my paternal side came over from there and I am a Quinn:cool:

Swimming may help, but just can't fit it all in. Also looking to start playing Badmington to help me get nimble on my feet again.

Probably the best thing of all though is even a lazy day, or an easy day is one relaxing but not eating. A massive corner has been turned there.

I'm off rambling tomorrow. I have an app on my iphone which records the walk on google maps - I will try and put it on here - give you an idea of what mad people do every other Sunday instead of staying in and watching the footy.

Have a great week all and thanks for your continued support.

42 more sleeps until mouse airways lol.

Steve

Steve!
Have you been swimming yet? I am taking part in a swimathon three weeks tomorrow which will see me (apparently) swim 5k (240 lengths!) for charity!

I am willing to motivate you :D ... aha as I may also end up motivating myself :giggle:
teehee! Anyway, well done on the sts, good points like you mentioned. Badminton is great body magic - not that I am any good at that at all! No co ordination :p

I lived in Canada for a year and not only do I over use the word awesome (seriouslly, I reply to every other text with the damn word - people probably think I'm 99% sarcastic) I also over use seriously (*cough) 'totally' and 'like'. Although I think 'like' was influenced by studying in the North East! Eeeeeee man < this too!

Okay, see ya later chicken xx

Aye canny that like bonny lass!

I was actually brought up in Washington - so can really relate to tadding the word "like" into everything. It is compulsary at the end of sentences like.;)

Not got swimming, but 2lb loss tonight makes me feel good about myself again. Gosh, just 8lb to target - though how on earth I will get that off is a mystery.

As the exercise, diet and control is 100%!

All good stuff!

11st 12lb - sorry to go on, but to me it sounds bloody great - almost a holy-grail in weight-loss terms.

Might get some T-shirts and badges made up with the logo SUB-12 lol.

Steve

Excellent loss! Well done you!

Omg! Well bloody done!!!!

:bliss: whooooo!!! :clap: :clap: x

Well done Steve. Fantastic result. And into the 11's too. Must be a great feeling :)

Gail x

It is!

Walked past my ex at work today and smiled and said "alright?" - she smiled backand said "hi there, alright?" and the look of atonishment was clear to see! lol. - almost a decade together and she nearly didn't recognise me:eek:

A sort of non-scale victory :D

By the way it was an amicable parting and I meant that in a pleasant way, not in any way gloating etc. (in case it came across that way).

She was the one that recommended SW to me a few years ago;)

Yay for NSV's! And you work with your ex? Wow - that must bs amicable!

Have a great weekend, Hun x

Fantastic. A really feel good NSV :). I know you have a good relationship with your ex (which is really commendable) but it must still feel good to know how different you look. How long since you last saw her ?

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Gail x

We work at the same place, but not the same area. Last time we chatted properly was a couple of months ago when she saw me coming ut of the gym!

That made us both laugh as she knew that was never a possiblity a year or so ago.

Anyway, I'm now sitting comfortably in my 32in waist jeans! - I am stunned and could go for 30 at a push, but won't. I am still at odds with my body, or more accurately my belly. There seems to be a way to go with that and it might even reduce more inches as well as weight.

I always said I will concentrate fully on weightloss before any weight training. I am fairly sure I am nearing the time when I need to tone up and firm up and traget specific areas lower stomach/abs ad thighs. Walking helps, but I am convinced It might be a time to add cycling to the list of exercising!

Exercise bikes at the gym are boring - i like the great outsdoors so will have to look into the possibility.

Well over 25 years since I cycled regularly - they recokon you never forget though;) not sure where I will fit the time in.

It's so lovely to hear someone so positive! Have a lovely weekend x

In fairness Sarah (I'm beginning to think your surname is Hardcastle!!) you do enough swimming for most of the forum:D

Back