From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Absolutely obsessed:eek:

Aww...I'm glad you've finally admitted it hunni! :D

You'll feel much better for it! ;)

And I'm flattered, really I am :love:

By the way Dawnie, change your name - trust me pet, you'll be thankful you did;)

Hey Stevie,

There's only one :airquote:Dawnie:airquote: round here sunshine and you'd do well to remember it!!! ;)

Just read that you are planning to stay 100% all year:eek: You certainly like to set yourself hard tasks! I am still on my 100% run and no alcohol challenge and it does feel good to be in control.. Am even considering continuing it right to my 40th on 3 March but that would mean 100% whilst on holiday in Austria. Could this be done without being a miserable cow? jx

I will check it out - subject to time constraints;)

whoops re STS :( good news on the leg. so are you planning lots of level walks? x

I'm certainly planning more activity Jackie. Walking included and have also identified one or two other failings:(

Just read that you are planning to stay 100% all year:eek: You certainly like to set yourself hard tasks! I am still on my 100% run and no alcohol challenge and it does feel good to be in control.. Am even considering continuing it right to my 40th on 3 March but that would mean 100% whilst on holiday in Austria. Could this be done without being a miserable cow? jx

Not sure about the last bit - I'm a bit of a Laughing Cow guy;) - I neglected to mention 2012 will be a completely alcohol free year too. Absolutely no value in it at all and of late I've been 100% foodwise but other aspects are "wrong"

Afternoon Stevie boy.......quiet today, are you out walking having been let off the leash by the medics?

Been playing happy families Lou:D

Right folks, after my last WI and my disappointment at staying the same, I discovered I was really just going through the motions.

To be honest, I have kept logs and diaries of my journey, and the difference between now and then is quite telling. To be honest, I find it pathetically easy to keep to plan and 100%- food is not a problem as one thing I can do is follow instructions.

My problems is the rest of my lifestyle! - I need to get back to early rises. 6am is the norm, but it should be the same at weekends and pile in with the BM then. TBH, I can't remember the last time I was at the gym! I have been lying in until all hours, and staying up late and spending way, way too much time on the internet - and truth be told on this forum! (ironic eh?)

I will probably be on here less, I need the great outdoors as I can either sit here or get back to making something happen rather than waiting for something to happen. It was only when I looked at my diary I realised how sedentary I had become.

I've started light weight training and have decided to purchase a mountain bike as part of my rehab.

I will still be on here but just perhaps an hour per day/night and not trawling through all the threads - which is good fun, but it's no secret that the less time spend sitting on my fat @rse on here means more time for being active.

A SW diary is a damn sight more than a list of what one eats per day - so time I repeated a bit of history. Depending on this weeks WI will determine the intensity;)

but thento be fair Steve you only became sedentary when you hurt your calf. and have only just been given the okay to start exercising lightly again so just one of those things. And hardly likely to get up at 6 when you were bored anyway :bighug:

Bike sounds a good idea. Is that okay though with your leg? Guess it is again if no big hills etc x

I hope your typing speeds up top notch Steve, after all you can't be neglecting all of our diaries can you? That's a lot of words to be typing in one hour per day ;)

Glad you had a happy family day x

I agree with you on the lying in bed bit, if I stay in bed I feel sluggish for the rest of the day but If I get up really early I am raring to go. Hope to still see you around on here though.
Enjoy your mountain bike.

I'm not disappearing altogether, just not "living" on here. I have a motto - fail to prepare, prepare to fail;)

but thento be fair Steve you only became sedentary when you hurt your calf. and have only just been given the okay to start exercising lightly again so just one of those things. And hardly likely to get up at 6 when you were bored anyway :bighug:

Bike sounds a good idea. Is that okay though with your leg? Guess it is again if no big hills etc x

Leg is fine for everything except really strenuous steep hills, Jackie. Walking on the flat, swimming and now cycling will build muscle for that. I plan to stand atop Scafell Pike - the highest point in England sometime this Summer (3,208 feet or 978m) - only then will I know my leg has recovered..... or not:eek:

I hope your typing speeds up top notch Steve, after all you can't be neglecting all of our diaries can you? That's a lot of words to be typing in one hour per day ;)

Glad you had a happy family day x

Copy and paste Lou, nobody will know the difference. Can visit 10 diaries in 10 minutes and post the same rubbish. Nobody read it after all ;)

Right folks, after my last WI and my disappointment at staying the same, I discovered I was really just going through the motions.

To be honest, I have kept logs and diaries of my journey, and the difference between now and then is quite telling. To be honest, I find it pathetically easy to keep to plan and 100%- food is not a problem as one thing I can do is follow instructions.

My problems is the rest of my lifestyle! - I need to get back to early rises. 6am is the norm, but it should be the same at weekends and pile in with the BM then. TBH, I can't remember the last time I was at the gym! I have been lying in until all hours, and staying up late and spending way, way too much time on the internet - and truth be told on this forum! (ironic eh?)

I will probably be on here less, I need the great outdoors as I can either sit here or get back to making something happen rather than waiting for something to happen. It was only when I looked at my diary I realised how sedentary I had become.

I've started light weight training and have decided to purchase a mountain bike as part of my rehab.

I will still be on here but just perhaps an hour per day/night and not trawling through all the threads - which is good fun, but it's no secret that the less time spend sitting on my fat @rse on here means more time for being active.

A SW diary is a damn sight more than a list of what one eats per day - so time I repeated a bit of history. Depending on this weeks WI will determine the intensity;)

Evening Stevie,

Only just seen your post...as you know I've been out rescuing Vicki, bl**dy cars :mad:...but I agree with Jackie.

There wasn't really an issue until your leg fell off :ambulance: You were quite happy, doing all your walking right up until then. Looking back on your diary, you were also walking during your lunch breaks.

So, all you need to do is get your leg back on and you'll be ok! But do it slowly, so you gradually build the muscle up without causing more damage.

Trouble with you Steve is you're so impatient! Of course you want to get back to how you were, but you know it's going to take time.

I'm sure not having the routine of being at work got you down too, especially after moving teams and having to get to know a new group of colleagues. But you're back now, so you can get your early starts and some gentle exercise.

Another thing in your favour is that the nights are getting lighter, so walks/bike rides after work may be a possibility.

So basically you just need to get back to normal (well...as normal as poss...:rolleyes:) which I'm sure you'll do with no trouble at all. :p

Which in turn means you can still spend lots of quality time with all your lovely Mini Mates!!! :bliss:

Simples! :D

Evening Suet Steve!

Listen to everyone re your leg. Take it REALLY easy otherwise you will only make things worse in the long run.

Some serious comments to make.

If you want to be 100% on plan - then ALL SNACKS SHOULD BE SUPERFREE. So eliminate those crispbreads and cheese as snacks - they use up Hexs which in theory means you are NOT 100%.

Alcohol - this gets a LOT of bad press. Whilst a 175ml glass of wine MAY well be classified as 6 syns the human body can actually only metabolise about 2 of syns. Believe me - hubby is a chemist (not a pharmacist) and did part of his PhD on the effects of alcohol on the body.

So you are far better off having a large glass of wine than 1 oz of full fat cheese at 6 syns which your body metabolises the whole of!

Que va! or

Id est!

Last edited:
If you want to be 100% on plan - then ALL SNACKS SHOULD BE SUPERFREE. So eliminate those crispbreads and cheese as snacks - they use up Hexs which in theory means you are NOT 100%.

Sorry, Bev, but where does this idea come from?

Even if you're doing SEx (down, Steve), when you shouldn't be having basic free food as snacks, you can have superfree OR syns OR HEXs.

And surely on the main plan, you can have your HEXs, or your syns as snacks.

Can't you???
Somebody?
Please?

On EE my book says have superfree as snacks! Or failing that free and as a LAST resort hex's. Even on Red/Green it says snack on superfree.

Although there is lots of discussion about this on various freds!

On EE my book says have superfree as snacks! Or failing that free and as a LAST resort hex's. Even on Red/Green it says snack on superfree.

Although there is lots of discussion about this on various freds!

Oh crickey - haven't heard that before :eek:

Back