From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Have you tried LC spray oil in your Actifry Steve?, I use it and it works really well.

Thats as maybe, but my Actifry will only take Maris Piper potatoes and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Have tried lots of combinations and this is the best by far - even if I have to syn the oil or waste a hex B;)

Well I am just chuffed for you as you didn't deserve the sts last week. I am gonna cry if I don't lose this week as have been an absolute angel!

PS didn't know a fried egg in oil is only half a syn! I also read in Erm's thread that streaky bacon is pretty low too.

Well Erm certainly knows her stuff, though I find streaky bacon - indee most bacon works best in a white bap or thick white bread:(

Why bother defrosting bread for toast? We just grab it out of the freezer and stick it in the toaster :)

We use spray oil in our actifryer too. It works perfectly.

Happy biking Steve :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lisa did you read my post? - ;

"will use occasionally for toast or when required (defrosting the night before)."

I think the word or clarifies I do not defrost for toast;)

Steve - :wavey: hope all is well. Got that bike yet ;) :)

I had to pop in and tell you the last two days I've been briskly walking and I love it :eek: this is the girl who is allergic to exercise. Yesterday wasnt a long walk but it was brisk and i enjoyed it. Today Carla and I walked briskly and happily for 1 hour 20 mins :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I got my bike ordered today - indeed have to pick it up after 3, but am watching the footy (Sunderland v Chelsea -fully expecting a gloating Chelsea Lou on here later if they win).

Got a few accessories, including lights!, mudguard and of course the vital onboard computer gadget to record mileage and speed etc.

It probably won't fit in the car, so I get to ride it home - good job I'm having the lights fitted;)

I also just completed my first walk since rehab, and have managed to walk to and from my new SW venue. Surprised it is exactly 1.91 mile door to door. I managed exactly four mile in 90 minutes - more than enough for a first walk, and no adverse reaction. The calf seems a little tired, but no pain. My thighs seem heavy, but again it is the first time I've done anything other than standing on it for 6 weeks:cool:

I picked up my bike and although it has the lights fitted and a cool gadgety trip-computer (12 functions woo hoo) I still managed to get it in the back of my Note by folding the back seats. - See! - You CAN in a Nissan;)

Went for a rid around the estate, but too dark to see the computer, though I did like the strobe-effect when I put the front and rear lights in that mode.

Wobbly wasn't the word! - hope the frost outside stays away as I'm going out for a few miles tomorrow. Might even get to change some of the gears! - as I say it was a bit wobbly, and being a bloke, I chose gadgetry over safety. Might had wished I got the helmet, knee and elbow pads. Some snazzy flourescent kit there too Dawnie!

As for the cost, I managed to find a deal and haggled with accessories and spent less than £200 - bear in mind it's out of my annual bonus which is usually treble that. (leaving enough for a nice new laptop or similar) The bike I wanted was £800! but it might be another one of my bored-in-a-week ideas:eek::eek:

Good chance of me falling off the thing tomorrow mind!

I picked up my bike and although it has the lights fitted and a cool gadgety trip-computer (12 functions woo hoo) I still managed to get it in the back of my Note by folding the back seats. - See! - You CAN in a Nissan;)

but does it sound like a golf when you shut the door :8855:
Went for a rid around the estate, but too dark to see the computer, though I did like the strobe-effect when I put the front and rear lights in that mode.

you be careful round those estates with a posh bike an all ;)
Wobbly wasn't the word! - hope the frost outside stays away as I'm going out for a few miles tomorrow. Might even get to change some of the gears! - as I say it was a bit wobbly, and being a bloke, I chose gadgetry over safety. Might had wished I got the helmet, knee and elbow pads. Some snazzy flourescent kit there too Dawnie!
goodness me piccies are most definately required.
As for the cost, I managed to find a deal and haggled with accessories and spent less than £200 - bear in mind it's out of my annual bonus which is usually treble that. (leaving enough for a nice new laptop or similar) The bike I wanted was £800! but it might be another one of my bored-in-a-week ideas:eek::eek:

blimey that was cheap :eek: I was expecting you to get the £800 bike plus the accessories :8855: well done :D

again piccie most definately required :8855: now who lives near enough to you to take the piccie when you fall off :p

actually in the cycling thingy isn't it

be safe, be seen, you'll be okay in neon then :D xxxxxx

I picked up my bike and although it has the lights fitted and a cool gadgety trip-computer (12 functions woo hoo)

Steve...please say you were joking when you said you didn't buy a helmet...:character00264:

oooo I misread that. I thought he got the helmet. :wagsfingeratsteve: now come on Steve road safety and all that you cannot get on yer bike without a helmet at the very least. I have seen injuries from people who thought they didn't need one :cry: please buy a helmet :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maximus said:
Lisa did you read my post? - ;

"will use occasionally for toast or when required (defrosting the night before)."

I think the word or clarifies I do not defrost for toast;)
Must work on my speed reading!!!!!

Now where's those piccies???

My uncle nearly died and spent 6 weeks in a coma after going head first into a car (not his fault - car didn't see him in the dark and pulled across the road straight in front of him. And yes he had lights on, plain and strobing).

He has no recollection of the event, spent another 6 weeks learning to walk and talk again and put names to his family.

He is a VERY experienced racing cyclist and thought helmets were for girls.
He now wears one all the time.
http://www.tricycleassociation.org.uk/ He is third from the left in this photo!

The Spanish Inquisition has ruled. Get one! The best you can afford!
Forget the bloody trip counter - it's no use if you are dead.

PS If you have bought a helmet and were just trying to wind us up, you succeeded.

Last edited:
Sorry Steve x

But you know we're right :rolleyes:

You must wear a helmet :sign0009:

There are loads of really nice ones about now. And why not get the knee and elbow pads too? Seems silly to splash out on 'extras' yet scrimp on the essentials :confused:

Ok...lecture over :soapbox:...

Now about these pics...:flirt2:

again piccie most definately required :8855: now who lives near enough to you to take the piccie when you fall off :p

actually in the cycling thingy isn't it

be safe, be seen, you'll be okay in neon then :D xxxxxx

Hey man! - I will get pics, but it's bloody difficult to ride one handed, hold the iphone, take a pic, and get the angle right. Besides, I shouldn't even attempt self-photography without a helmet:p

Congrats on the new bike! So there is no light on the on board computer?! Have fun riding around tomorrow x

The on-board computer is a nice gadget Jane, but doesn't light up so far as I can see - or maybei it does but I haven't found it. It measures, trip distance, total distance, trip time, average speed, fastest speed reached, etc. - all in MPH or KPH - I choose MPH cos sillymeters are for the EU not us superior Islanders;)

Yeah, go on, on yer bike !!!

*Takes a bow and basks in the applause of a very well executed pun*

Dawn, I can hear the groans. You really need to brush up on your humour lol

Steve...please say you were joking when you said you didn't buy a helmet...:character00264:

Not joking, have you seen how many accessories are available/required?

My uncle nearly died and spent 6 weeks in a coma after going head first into a car (not his fault - car didn't see him in the dark and pulled across the road straight in front of him. And yes he had lights on, plain and strobing).

He has no recollection of the event, spent another 6 weeks learning to walk and talk again and put names to his family.

He is a VERY experienced racing cyclist and thought helmets were for girls.
He now wears one all the time.
The Tricycle Association - Home He is third from the left in this photo!

The Spanish Inquisition has ruled. Get one! The best you can afford!
Forget the bloody trip counter - it's no use if you are dead.

PS If you have bought a helmet and were just trying to wind us up, you succeeded.

For lasses man! - slightly different Bev - I have a car, that does the roads for me, I can't see me hitting many cars head on as my bike is an off-roader really. I didn't but a helmet as I knew I'd not be out seriously for a week or so.

Anyone else noticed how Steve choses to ignore sensible advice ? go helmet shopping Steve please :D x

Well, try as I might, I cannot post on Mini's while out exercising. I said a week or so ago I spend far too much time on here. Weekends, especailly as not stuck in an office behind a computer are made for getting out, wrap up warm and putting a few miles on the clock be it walking or off-road cycling. In between walking 5 miles, and cycling the same (albeit sedately whilst working out the gear ratios on my new bike) I also had to go to Asda to food shop and fit in a session with the weights, as well as cooking lunch and preparing veg soup for dinner.

I'm limiting my minimins to an hour or two at most per day as need to get to target :)

Oh and speaking of accessories for bikes. As well as the safety kit (helmet especially;)) I need a new seat! - my little (and getting littler) boney, tush was sorely missing the padding it used to have. Sorely being the operative word!:eek:

I'm gonna get kitted up in either flourescent orange, yellow or lime green. I think I'll give pink a miss;)

I think you lovelies should have a vote cos as you know us blokes are rubbish with fashion;)

Lime green :-D

Oh and don't they do padded shorts too? Rather than changing the seat!

:cool:They do padded shorts lisa, but apparently Gel seats are the way to go as they are too hard - even with padded shorts, apparently.

Lime green is my colour of choice too:cool:

Quite resplendent I will look too - in Spring and Summer with the full kit and shades lol:cool:

:cool:They do padded shorts lisa, but apparently Gel seats are the way to go as they are too hard - even with padded shorts, apparently.

Lime green is my colour of choice too:cool:

Quite resplendent I will look too - in Spring and Summer with the full kit and shades lol:cool:

Ive got cycling shorts and theyre a god send esp on long rides. I did 54 miles last year and my bum stayed pain free. :D

Back